THIS BAIKU IS BEST LOW DISPLACEMENT 90S80SEARLY00S JAP BIKUU

>pro-tip: ZXR400

First for Honda

FUCK

objectively the NSR250SP

nah

p.weak entry famalam

pretty stellar entry famalan

those green repsol colours are glkorious.

God dammit drobe. You make us all look bad.

drz a shit

s-sorry

>inline 4
>58hp

Honda a shit Ching Chong

I've been seeing a lot of repsol-painted hondas on the road lately

what do you guys think of Hondas new dirt bikes?

>comfy seat
>no kiddie graphics
>shiny
>two strokes

holy shit it's perfect

>naked bike is best bike

no.

pros?: Retro looks, a small handful of bolts you don't have to take off for maintenance
cons: worse aerodynamics, wind/rain protection, retro looks, impact/abrasion protection for more vital componenents, possibly worse cooling because air that would flow past the radiator is not directs towards it

fuck you buddy

Fucking hipsters

worse aerodynamics- depends on your definition of worse, before the wind would constantly hit the helmet, now its smoother up to 80 mph
wind/rain protection- dont ride in the rain/dont have rain in san francisco
retro looks- true
impact/abrasion protection for more vital componenents- true, bike was lowsided by previous owner and the front fairing took all the scraping and cracking
possibly worse cooling because air that would flow past the radiator is not directs towards it-100% true as there was a scoop that pushed air into radiator for better cooling, im getting a gauge for temp soon

Mainly i did it as i do not like the square headlight of the mk1 bandit

So basically you agree that faired bikes are flat out better, but you can't contain your inner hipster faggot well enough?

If I had a 1200 bandit, I'd do the gsxr cam swap for that 130+HP goodness

>worse aerodynamics
don't matter really under 200km/h and I htink anyone that wants to go +200kmh all the time gets a sportbike anyway.
>wind/rain protection
windshield
>retro looks
subjective
>impact/abrasion protection for more vital componenents
add crash bars/pads if youre worried. I even have them on my faired bike.
>possibly worse cooling because air that would flow past the radiator is not directs towards it
that's true but it doesn't really matter, I never had trouble in peak summer with air cooled bikes even in lots of stop-n-go traffic.

I wouldn't say they are better. Just different for different needs.

While I agree with you;
>Small handful
Every single bolt aside from seat and tank bolts, is basically accessible from factory floor.
Cons:
Worse aero, definitely. Saving grace is crosswind immunity.
Wind/rain, definitely. Longer trips with no screen or fairings makes it rather taxing for core strength.
Retro, taste.
Crash resist, get knobs. Less damage than faired any day.
Possibly worse cooling, I don't think so. Massive open area for unheated air from a not-radiator. Always hear faired bikes radfans kick in, never heard a naked bike fan kick in.

Pretty sure he likes tyones BBC and is protesting because Hillary lost.

>windshield
t. not your knees for sure
>retro looks
the big round headlights and minimal bodywork are easily confused for cafe racer garbage by most, until they see the flashy branding and pointy rear ends of course
>crash bars
oh yeah, total your frame instead of some wimpy fairing stays you can bend back into place
>never had trouble with crap cooling
lucky you

>t. not your knees for sure
how does that even matter if you have gear on, do you ride in shorts? I don't notice a difference at my knees
>retro looks
still taste retard
>oh yeah, total your frame instead of some wimpy fairing stays you can bend back into place
funny how all people get chinese fairing replacement when you can bend broken and cracked fairings just into place, wew lad

gg benchracer, keep your opinions to yourself.

Some people wear leather pants instead of a fucking roadcrafter, just so you know

>missing the point
Fairings are like crash bars, but they don't mount directly to the frame. They mount to more flexible metal fairing stay that then mounts to the frame. When you crash, first the fairings scrape and maybe bend, then that metal bends. They form a sort of crash shell that absorbs most of the impact instead of subjecting your frame to stresses in directions it wasn't designed to take. If you put rigid crash bars right on your frame, you're protecting your $10,000 chameleon paint job but a sufficiently nasty crash could actually break the bike. For those of us who don't have ridiculous boomer paint or retard repsol graphics, they're a bad idea compared to simple DIY fairing touch ups and the odd ebay replacement.

Now, if crash bars are an economic necessity for you, crash less faggot

Not disagreeing totally with your whole post but
>Replacing the plastic on most bikes is enough for insurance to write it off

The plastic is so goddamn expensive. Also, fairings don't bend, they snap. ABS is not that pliable.

With insurance, they replace them. Entirely. With brand new OEM units, no used junkyard parts that need a quick buff. No shit it's a total.

In reality, you can normally fix it yourself if you pick up all the pieces. It's not even hard if you have a standard solid color, two coat paint job.

>ABS doesn't bend
except it totally does? in fact, you have to bend the fairings on some bikes to take them off

My bike was fully faired but I unfortunately lost the side fairings. What do you call it now? I used to call it bikini but apparently thats wrong.

wrecked

>Not the glorious RGV250

Nah. Didnt crash the bike. Just tore a fairing off being dumb. Was riding with only 1 on as I was testing it and it kinda hit the ground and nek minnit I see it flying through the air in my rear view mirror

>crash less faggot
t. benchracer
do you want to buy new fairings everytime you slide out on track? pads do no harm at all if you just slide. And if you crash hard enough that your frame is fucked then some plastic can't save you either.

>bringing up track bikes
What are you talking about now? That's where fairing repair gets seriously cheap. Tracks are for quick epoxy/sand/rattlecan jobs, It's not a street bike that has a showing off component to it.
>And if you crash hard enough that your frame is fucked then some plastic can't save you either.
Crash bars bolted directly to your frame lower the limit of "hard enough" compared to plastic sheets bolted to flimsy tubes and tabs bolted to your frame. Extend the frame, or put a crumple zone around it. Your choice, your rame.

Protip:
people race their streetbikes

why do I even reply, you've never seen a track

Apparently with my flat, thin feet I have to buy Dainese boots.

So what are the best cheap models from Dainese? Touring or race.

I'm a SUZUKI man till I die but the NSR might just be better man

protip: morons race their streetbikes

>crash hard at track
>break a handlebar, snap some levers, bend a fork, accidentally a brake disk
>you're nobike for now
>you could have bought a $2000 CL bike and trailered it there but no

Can you guys settle this pointless fairing vs no fairings argument by posting your bikes and a picture of you riding?

The peanut gallery will decide who is faster and therefore correct.

Not him but I guess most people use it on the street as a plus, what they really care about is the track.

If only they could know the joy of ATBATT (all the bikes, all the time)

They can't
Yuros are werking, so this is nobike hour in full swing

No thanks, I work with a confirmed /dbt/ fag

I don't want him to know I'm also a faggot

Eric?

Don't worry, everyone who knows you already knows you're a faggot.

fugg

fuggg

Holy shit those exhausts!

Nice riding boots

who's the hunchback?

When am I supposed to use the rear brake?
Low speed maneuvering?

any time you brake pretty much. if you mean use the rear brake exclusively, at the end of your stop and slow speeds

I also read that you use the rear brake at the track in the beginning of a braking sequence and this allows the nose to not dive too much for maximum braking effect. It's hard to convey just by text and I haven't tried it yet.

>if you mean use the rear brake exclusively, at the end of your stop and slow speeds
This is what I wanted to know, thanks. What do you mean with "slow speeds" more precisely?

It's hard to end the braking with the rear one alone, they should have made it so that it brakes pushing up, not down, my foot gets off the peg this way.

Daily use,

always in conjunction with front brake. Or exclusively during low speed maneuvers to tension the chain and increase stability. If applicable.

>at the end of your stop

wut

why not just keep using the front.

>What do you mean with "slow speeds" more precisely?

Think of the rear brake as an attenuator for the torque going to the rear wheel, it allows you to soften and smoothen power delivery at low speed.

>why not just keep using the front.
Not him but it makes it easier to balance the bike.

>Not coming to a complete stop at every stopsign without ever putting a foot down

No, I meant what kind of speed do you intend with "slow speed"? Do you consider 40-50kmh still slow speed and use just the rear brake?

sub 20 km/hr

some racers use the rearbrake as attenuators at all speeds though.

Not necessary for us though.

Hey. I asked about a checklist of stuff to look at on a used hand bike yesterday. I went and looked at it today and it was a really good experience. Thanks to that guy that gave me some extra things to look at.

Okay, thanks.

Is 11 and 9 good for the compression level of my SV cylinders?
>tfw don't even know the unit of measurment
Guess it's bars.

Just broke a chain and dumped in a corner on the way to work, it's Gana be a goodles day

My daid said that funneling pure alcohol into your asshole is less dangerous than motorcycling.

yes

>(you)

Why would you throw your dad in a pit of wolves like this? Do you hate your dad?

Rear brake is amazing for tiny-radius (super tight) turning (U-turns especially), especially in conjunction with clutch feathering/slipping because it evens out power delivered to the ground by tensioning the drivetrain.

Also, works great to stop more effectively on roads.

Samefag, but low-speed = any time when countersteering isn't in play (generally about 30km/h or lower).

my drz400 shitbike plastics are fucked

should i go black and white or yellow

Full white
Nothing better than cleaning shit off of a white bike, genuinely orgasmic

sold

It was my butt that a guy grabbed. I was 12 and he was probably 30+ and my teacher/tutor. I never went back for tutoring and couldn't tell anyone for more than a decade. I finally opened up to my therapist, my mum and SO this year...and now you guys. It wasn't my fault and I was just an innocent kid but I still felt ashamed. Attitudes that enable and embolden people like Trump and that teacher are to blame. I hope no one ever goes through something like that ever.

You're a dirty little whore.

I think I always countersteer a little bit even at slow speeds, I'm used to it because of bicycle habits.

Ive said this in the last thread but it died shortly after
My dad has an bmw f800r , and other than a scooter, i have nothing to practice with and almost no money to biy a new bike. Will i do fine if intake it real slow? Or must i really save up and buy a bike ill use for only a few weeks and replace

hey guys, how do i configure my power commander to get some decel popping?

my fuel settings for closed throttle right now are -7 for 0-1750 rpm and then 0 for the rest

You really are a piece of shit. I know you motherfucker.

My favorite thing to do when I go riding, once I get up the mountain twisties to the look out, I like to remove my buttplug and throw it into a plastic bag and huffing the stank.

F800 platform is a very angry twin
Get your father to teach you and remember
Anything north of 500cc can loop if you whiskey throttle

We posting superior riding boots now?!?!?

How unreliable are the old 400's compared to the newer 300's and 650's?

it really does depend on your bik etbh famalam

Green

>bazooki faster down the straight than yamaha, honda and ducati

what in fuck

When your throttle is kind of choppy, so 0.5mph even for the smoothest bikes

>oh yeah, total your frame instead of some wimpy fairing stays you can bend back into place

Do you fuckers crash constantly? Throw some buttons on with aluminum bolts (to take the impact then shear) or otherwise pad to suit.

>wah my butt was grabbed

I was fucked in the ass by a dog when I was 11 but you don't see me complaining about it

>little kid, changing
>in front of the dog. what's it gonna do, bark about my tiny dick?
>drop a roll of candy
>oh shit
>go down to pick it up
>dog gets on my back and shoves its ten centimeter terrier dick up my asshole, which is well lubed from a recent bubble bath
>jump up and run screaming through the house naked, clutching my ass and yelling about how the dog tried to kill me

No big deal

>My daid said that funneling pure alcohol into your asshole is less dangerous than motorcycling.

Post pics of him demonstrating his assertion. Nothing like pickled Dadpucci. Maybe you can bust dat bootay for some wincestual win.

>smoking with gloves on

>Smoking

Torn from my elders I was made to speak their language.
With each new post my masters changed along with the words they made me speak.

With each change - I changed too.

My thoughts, personality,

How I saw right and wrong... Words Can Kill.

Put the bike in the neighbor garage. Added fuel, stabilizer, removed batter, covered it with somewhat damp tarp and kissed it goodbye. See ya in February lil buddy.

See ya in spring /dbt/

It's in the 60s here and I'm about go ride. I hope you're jealous

fucking fairweather rider, you will not be missed