Fighting Games General /fgg/

pastebin.com/rPVC94ez

Which fighting game was best?

>paying full price for a half year late PC port of the worst anime fighter on the market

>worst anime fighter on the market

Latest Blade Arcus is the only recent anime FG that is maybe as bad as Xrd.

playblue

god ASW is so fucking incompetent it almost makes me regain faith in capcom

>my turd is better than your turd

I play+sniffblue every day

saya > saya
buy cummy blasterz

i was the justin bieber of ratemypoo

Anime was a mistake.

GUILTY GEAR Xrd -REVELATOR-
Genre(s): Action
Developer: Arc System Works
Publisher: Arc System Works
Release Date: 14 Dec, 2016
Language(s): English, Japanese*
*languages with full audio support

FINALLY

NRS will show the japs how good GGPO really is with Injustice 2!

They already did with MKXL.

>muh dc superhero game

FUcking disgusting, Ed Boon should be assassinated.

$60 re-release ain't nearly as bad as a forced rootkit, but it's still bad.

Sign owners really deserve a bigger discount.
ASW needs those guys to stay onboard, feel loved, and help bring in new blood.
But not sure that's gonna happen now.

did skullgirls get an award for being the worst fighting game of all time?

lol, not when [YOUR FAVOURITE GAME] exists

Damn, a 10% discount for loyal goobers who bought a game that was DOA and now have to pay $54 for the new version that is also DOA and will be obsolete in a month.

Praise Arc.

no because it's a good fighting game

you just hate it because you got dumpstered in quick matches

>$60 re-release ain't nearly as bad as a forced rootkit, but it's still bad.
You're making it sound like the pricetag is the only incompetent thing they did when they couldn't even port every online functionality to PC.
>ASW needs those guys to stay onboard, feel loved, and help bring in new blood.
ASW has always treated their customers like shit and they never got any backlash, so no they don't lol.
They're just like SFV players except they think their company is the heroic underdog just because it's not Capcom.
Worst they got was a bit of anger for the lack of dub in BBCF but Aksys got the worst of it.

>he doesn't solely play training mode for free

Somehow Im less upset about Pachinko SC than Im about anything ASW related.

Lobbies are directly tied to server system that is probably hosted by sony. That server system is also responsible for cross-platform matchmaking and that's probably the reason we never get lobbies in asw ports since they would need to rent severs just to host them for steam version which probably is not exactly profitable for them (and in GG not many people are using lobbies to play anyway).
Nobody gave a single fuck about dub in bb (outside of people that used it just to annoy people) so i can't see a problem there.

Why make excuses for them?
They will just keep on shitting on you.

>this literal ASW cum slurper

I'm not making excuses for them I'm just stating obvious shit some people seem to ignore.

>I'm not making excuses for them

Well he is stating the obvious, literally no one gives a shit about dub or the lobby system.

>goobers always use their last resort defense bitching about Capcom utilizing a rootkit
>still praise Sony every day even though they were the first to use one
You pretty much have to be a hypocrite to enjoy anything ASW.

Who the fuck cares if it's profitable, don't ask for full price if you don't deliver full content.
>Nobody gave a single fuck about dub in bb
That's just plain wrong though, people seemed to care about the dub more than the netcode, all the lies, shitty practices and most price tags (Rev, BBCPX and BBCSX barely had any content but were disc releases anyway)

Shut your faggot mouth

Plenty of people cared about the dub. Just because you're a braindead weeb who willingly laps up whatever ASW throws at you doesn't mean everyone else is.

Gas yourself weeb faggot

>he
You mean "I"

Sorry, I meant anyone who actually plays the game.

is nina the rashid of tekken 7

Lets place our bets.
When will they announce the next GG version to shit on PC buyers even more?

I say 1-2 weeks after PC launch.

closer to evo probably

Everybody in Tekken has run attacks.
But no, she's yet another generic Tekken char.
Only one who is close to being as fun or different is Yoshimitsu.

Tekken needs more characters like that.

GG Xrd Elevator cumming january 2nd

Next version will be announced first for arcades then after 6-12 months on consoles. Not sure how that is shitting on PC players exactly.

whats the blue attack that sends them flying? never seen that before

Reminder that Skullgirls is on the Guinness World Records for animation!

It's the new gimmick move, Rage Move or something.
Basically amped up version of some normal move that uses rage.

is it worth upgrading my rap 4 kai (the old version with 15ms input lag) to a te2 or etokki stick if i already have sanwa parts in?

im not sure if the 15ms really makes a difference if im only doing netplay

some crappy rage art maybe?
dunno.

her health bar flashes before using it, after that it goes to back blue.

Playing for the story is not "playing the game"?
Then those who are "playing the game" are the biggest cucks of them all, paying full price for barely any content. BBCPX is 28€ on Steam but only added 2 characters, and if we follow the DLC price tags (8€ per character) then this would mean they only get 16€ worth of content from it.

i'm sorry but it does sound fun

>im not sure if the 15ms really makes a difference if im only doing netplay
it doesn't make any difference at all anywhere ever, i switched between the 21ms ps3 stick and 0ms 360 stick for years and never had a problem with either
stick lag is a meme

Its alright I guess.
Nothing amazing. I didnt like how they handled supers/meter in soul calibur, I hope this feels better.

>8€ per character
even thats too much.

I wish it would be Friday/Saturday already.

If Capcom fucks up and doesn't impress me with the S2 preview and the MvC4 reveal then I quit fighting games and go back to playing normie games. If they do impress me then I'm staying and waiting for S2/MvC4.

I honestly kind of hope they barely show anything about S2 and Marvel. That way I can quit this genre in peace

>rev comes out
>goobers won't even support their game
goobers are showing weakness
it's time to #riseup

#riseup

The wheel of fate is turning...

>supporting terrible business practices
No, just no it's up to ASW to change for the better.

Goobers are generally fucked.
Either they eat that garbage up and still get shat on, or they dont and the jews in japan just drop support fully.

Good thing I dont care about their games.
Except for Hardcorps Uprising. That was fun.

>quit the genre because capcom is bad

yeah because playing the same 6 people from the goober discord channel is really fun and competitive

if you don't play sfv you have no choice unless you live in japan

>build my amazing fighting stick
>use china sanwa buttons/stick
>stick deadzone is fucking huge
>buttons are stiff

Why the fuck original sanwa is so fucking expensive, i can't afford to pay $180 for a stick and 6 buttons.

If you bought any ASW game since BBCSX you've been supporting terrible business practices.
They're never changing.

#riseup 1

I've literally never had to go to discord for GG games.

just walk to japan and buy them for 4000 yen

My local group in my third world country has more than 20 players for both blazblue and guilty gear

Are you from somalia or something?

you could buy one button a month.
but they arent really that expensive. have you checked out other button stores?

I checked it up.
The blue flash is for Rage Drive.
In Tekken 7 when you have rage on you can do ether Rage Art, which is just a super or one can do Rage Drive which is certain move that gets boosted with rage.

I think that Rage Arts are for big damage with bigger risks, and Rage Drives are more utility.

post your full servers :^)

did you even read my post

Never said they were completely full, there's usually 30-45 people online after everyone gets home from work. Right now in EU there's probably around 20.

>I need 1500 onlines to play a 1v1 game

goobers stick to their dead game because they can't handle the competition in streetfighter, they would rather be big fish in a small pond

>he would rather be the grandmaster of kusoge than the god of GG
get a load of this guy

What's the difference?

SFV players stick to their dead game because they can't handle the competition in literally any other esport game. When are you switching to Smash?

i hope void dies soon

>sf players stick to their dead game because they can't handle the competition in LoL/Dota2/CSGO, they would rather be big fish in a small pond
Why would GG players want to be good at something they don't like?

Or I'd rather play games that are fun to me.

>this is the most played and aliviest fighting game there is

This genre is fucking dead, its too hard for newkids and old people that know and like it are dying

I'd pay money to be able to look into console player numbers for all fighters.

But EVO and the tournament scene is growing
That doesn't make much sense.

Though I don't expect SFV to get nearly the same number of participants than last year in next EVO

fighting games are more alive than they have ever been tho

why is bb so fun

Post 30 seconds of you beating the best players in any "dead" game. If you can't you are not allowed to complain about the game not being "competitive".

>What's the difference
What's the difference?
One is GUILTY GEAR XRD REVELATOR
The other is ...kuso fighter jive
The difference in prestige should be obvious. Do you want to be pic related? Of course not.

brawlhalla has bigger numbers
>LMAO fighter five

Sure

Darkstalkers is a good series

Does anyone play VSAV on fightcade?

I'd still take him over Ogawa and Dogura in a kill marry fuck.

Are you retarded

Capcom games are the only ones I find fun

>That doesn't make much sense.
It easily makes sense.

Think about it. Like 90% or more of any games sales are casual.
If you only manage to convert 5% of those casuals into tournament players you'd already see HUGE growth in the competitive scene.

These days it feels like fighters are much bigger competitively, but also way less popular casually, when compared to SF2 and Tekken3 times.

This is obviously better for the scenes, but also much worse for the developers and publishers as they make less overall cash (unless they actually make a lot of money from DLC, dont know about that).

M8 T3 and SF2 were bigger than all fighters from this and last gen put together.

Well, they are still making the games, so it's all good for me as long as the scenes keep growing.

Yes, a few people here do.

Only because you've never given other games a fair try. You can't possibly like marvel and dislike every other anime game.

Nah, I'm pretty sure I've played way more fighting games than you and for far longer.

And you are basing your assumption on...?

I doubt it, but even if you did, what do all sf games and bs games have in common that other games do not? I can't believe you just happen to like all capcom games but not any other game simply by chance. There must be something about capcom games that makes them good to you.

On the fact that extremely few people in this general were playing fighting games seriously back in 2004

Sure, its alright for us all so far.
But one day they might think "hey this isnt making us enough money, maybe we should chase fad X instead" and then we're fucked.

Capcom already did that once with SF after 3.
Also looks like VF is ded, Soul Calibur might be too.

Some things about the genre worry me. There's barely any new IPs outside of panty fighters that bank on animu tiddies that get dropped in a week.
All the established bigger franchises are sequels to existing ones currently.

Also currently it feels like companies are going for ESPORTS because they think that they cant attract customers the old way, and that might be true.
Average player would rather play online team games where they can blame their teammates.
Just coming over to a friends house to play a game 1v1 isnt really a thing anymore these days. People buy a game and expect to be able to compete online instantly.
The definition of casual play kinda changed.

Bs games is a typo for vs (marvel, snk etc)