Campus Reaction to Trump Victory

>Organized "Cry-Ins"
>Grief Counsellors
>Therapy Dogs
>Tissues and Hot Chocolate
>Deferred exams
>Play-Doh and coloring books provided(!)

blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/

I had to do a double take here because I thought I was reading satire, but no, it's all real.

What in the everloving fuck is going to happen to the economy when universities finally start churning these people out into the real world? I don't really care about who won the presidency, government policy rarely makes or breaks the economy, the economy functions because millions and millions of ordinary people get up every day and go to work. We'll survive President Trump, but I don't know if we can survive this current generation of college graduates. These people are in their 20's and are still literally children, it is goddamn frightening.

Other urls found in this thread:

cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/energy-nap-pods-algonquin-college-1.3849150
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>subscribe or sign in to read article
Pastebin or fuck off

How many of them is it tho?

Pretty sure it's like a small handful of students. most students just go to their classes normally
Archive.in

To Read the Full Story, Subscribe or Sign In

This is exclusive to cucked universities like Yale and Harvard

At my uni no one gives a shit

This.
Though most students are still relatively liberal, they're not tumblr liberal.

I'm a grad student at Northwestern. One of the exams I was supposed to proctor was delayed because of the post election fallout. Student govt was calling for classes to be canceled.

This happens everywhere. Although I suppose NU is one of those "cucked unis"

I'm taking Sociology as a pre req. right now.
>had a test last Friday
>graded and returned this morning
>everybody received 30 FUCKING EXTRA CREDIT POINTS
>as a "minor consolation prize" or something
>30+ E.C. gave me an A+++ on the stupid easy exam
>no discussion or review of topics, concepts, curriculum
>instead, the "professor" gives a 40 minute rant about how the Trump election is the greatest social injustice of our time
>classroom is moved to tears
>I'm browsing Veeky Forums on my phone

>Trump presidency is the greatest social injustice of our time
>Not how 5 Dallas police were killed by blacks over CRIMINALS being shot in A DIFFERENT STATE, all to the applause of SJW across the internet.
I hate hate liberal "justice" so deeply

u mad whiteboi?

So what? I GOT 30 EC MOTHERFUCKER!

I also meant to say "gen. ed.", not pre req. These things don't matter though, because Trump gave an instant A in a class.

my university is so fucking cucked it's unbelievable

Always

The economy is on a doomed scale when they arrive, because real productivity shoots downwards. They all want to be media experts but those aren't even real jobs. There are 0 actual media expert jobs, it's rich people making careers for family members in the hopes they'll eventually jump into management and slowly do real business.

We're already seeing it in 22-30 unemployment rate of 10%, and that's not counting the millions working for near minimum wage, living on welfare for unreal problems like autism, or the millions that have stopped looking for work.

About 40% of people between 22 and 30 do not have careers. If they didn't lack job skills before, they certainly do after years of rust and demoralization.

>Columbia University
That's where the Frankfurt School relocated. Good God man, you're living in the invention grounds of the "Social Justice" manufactured mindset.

yeah. 200 students went outside and cried on our main lawn when he was elected. They then proceeded to burn trump scarves and signs and and an american flag on the steps of our library

good shit dude

also a ton of our midterms were delayed, prominant student leaders petitioned for excused absences and late assignments

kill me

>trump scarves
A E S T H E T I C

If Trump fails America is dead, isn't it?

America's already dead, the current war is over what will replace it.

>A+++
Calm down Lisa Simpson. Its just A+

Not anymore. Grades used to be A, B, C, D, F.

Nowadays its A+++, A++, A+, A, F

The F should be removed and replaced with an A-. Failure could be triggering to my self esteem

>The F should be removed and replaced with an A-. Failure could be triggering to my self esteem
I am tempted to try this out in one of my gen ed classes.

> Universities are pushing education
> Lotsa of it is overpriced meme degrees
> They can make shitloads of $ from naive 18 - 22 yr olds
> They comfort these students and tell them to ignore human nature, economics, and financial responsibility.

Gee I'm shocked. I really hope the new Administration addresses the student loan bubble disaster.

But I'm guessing they won't based up Trump University.

Basically this. I'm a vanilla centrist moderate canadian tory but when on campus I avoid talking about politics because politics on campus is 85% yelling and 15% conspiracies about the multiverse or whatever dumb conspiracy-of-the-month is floating around

I just want to talk about bond yields ;_;

Kill yourself

Lol I go to Brown and I have to keep telling myself "at least its not Columbia"

Stay mad

Our university system is a joke. This is legitimately a sad thing.

This is not related to the election, but it looks like universities in Canada are beginning to introduce nap time. These "nap pods" cost the university 10k each and they are planning on buying more.

cbc.ca/news/canada/ottawa/energy-nap-pods-algonquin-college-1.3849150

Manufactured crisis that's distorted to the point of caricature, basically.

Why is this topic not on /pol/? We aren't even trying to make this focused on business and finance.

Look past the image and actually read the post. This isn't about politics. It's about the threat posed to the economy as a whole when we have universities molding an entire generation of educated workers into infantile basket cases. The business community ought to be worried about this.

What the fuck, i know education is a scam these days, but they should atleast keep pretending.

Just keep millenials unemployed and wait for upcoming generations

Those infantile basket cases will provide more to the modern economy than the lazy uneducated peasants who voted for Trump.

Production has increased massively since we replaced factories of fat uneducated morons with robots running on software written by numale cucks.

At my college the TAs in our polisci lecture handed out lollipops to make us feel better....

If your uni cancelled any lectures or exams because of the election, it is unbelievably cucked and you should probably transfer out

>>implying that some "lesbian post-modern poetry" lecturer has anything to do with robotics or automation.
>> implying some neckbeards, that write code are your textbook nu-males, not those hipster cucks studying "liberal arts"

Gentlemen, the real question here is "how do we monetize and exploit these people?"
I live near two universities and a few community colleges.
Just the thought of there being a bunch of liberal cry babies I could squeeze money out of so close is giving me a greed boner.

> N-no the only degrees that exist are the ones i disagree with!

Silicon Valley and almost any modern software company has leans very far left. And STEM degrees are growing much faster than ever before.

Nevertheless, even in your worthless strawman, a landwhale feminist with useless degrees can still contribute to the economy by running stupid hipster businesses like bookshops or coffee place safe spaces.

Luddites/Trumpcucks who want to take us BACK to the industrial age and whine about manufacturing because they're too stupid to adapt and profit in a service economy, are the real drag on society.

Not related at all, but if there isn't an insomnia cookies franchise on either campus, you should open one. College kids literally eat that shit up.

we have 4 here at csun

Were you in tears on election night fag?

>>Silicon Valley and almost any modern software company has leans very far left.

Making billions and tax-evasion are very left wing concepts indeed.

And making shiny overpriced shit that "looks liberal" is nothing but a marketing gimmick to "steal" proceeds of college debt from skinny effeminate hipsters. (AAPL)

>> a landwhale feminist with useless degrees can still contribute to the economy by running stupid hipster businesses like bookshops or coffee place safe spaces.

Yet most of them are still fat whiny cunts.

>>Luddites/Trumpcucks who want to take us BACK to the industrial age and whine about manufacturing because they're too stupid to adapt and profit in a service economy, are the real drag on society.

Yup, my special faggy effeminate cuck manlet snowflake. I honestly believe you will shine the brightest of all the bazillions of other snowflakes, that are going to apply for some generic sales and data entry "entry level" jobs and you will surely be successful and special like all the other bazillions with their bullshit degrees (there are no useful degrees left, since pretty much everyone young gets them these days, therefore devaluing the overall importance of higher education). All the cucks at the Occupy Wall Street protest whined about not getting decent jobs, and you will be the special snowflake, that will get your gay ass dream job.
And do you honestly believe, that there can be any service economy, without manufacturing? Not everyone can sell their internet based services or ad-space or loan money, retail some shit, if no one produces anything to advertise or sell.

You might say that everyone is a loser luddite, that doesn't agree with your college faggotry, but even the both sides of the political spectrum agree, that its tougher nowadays, when everything gets outsourced and automated.

Lol ok breh. That's why millenials should have free college right? Cause they the future.
>muh future contributions probably someday
>brb taking a nap in Mom's basement I told her I need a new couch in my room. fuckin boomers

Just buy couches wtf

"Insomnia Cookies is not a franchisor and does not offer franchising in the U.S. or Internationally."

Yes, I was so triggered I literally burst into treats

Soon.

>Algonquin College
Shit tier college. Not surprised.

I imagine when they graduate they will mature and stop acting like children, but, I doubt they will become conservative. In 30 years when these Ivy League and tier 1 uni graduates are in Congress, we will be seeing very liberal policies. I don't really care about protests but the incessant crying and whining and the cancelled tests irk me.

Long Kleenex

kek

Pete's Meme Dream Team Supreme Freedom Lagoon Opening 2090

>calls him fag
>thinks hes smug because he voted for a guy that is giving me a tax cut by siphoning away his unemployment

Yea no one said we dont need manufacturing.
We just dont really need your slow ass to do it.

Product I'm working on now will probably be made in north america but it will be the kind of people who have skills, not the nascar flag inbreds who think "Le bigly wall" will make their jobs come back from Taiwan (Taiwanese don't bitch about everything)