When does a car BTFO a motorbike?

When does a car BTFO a motorbike?

When does a motorbike BTFO a car?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=2xz9RrRs0lA
youtu.be/vdtm63R_fuc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Unless the car is on baggy drag tyres, a performance bike almost invariably has the edge over a car and up to well over 100mph on a good surface.
Once the speeds get high enough performance cars have an edge with sheer power and coefficient of drag.

Tracks vary depending on the conditions etc. Cars can be a lot quicker through corners thanks to traction advantages and downforce but it's not a given

Cars: greater Top speed, greater corner speed, better drag coefficients / downforce / grip

Bikes: accelerates and brakes much quicker than a car can, can use much more of the available road than a car can.

Pretty much this
Bikes have the better power to weight ratio but don't like cornering by design.
The physics behind this are quite simple:
The faster you ride on a bike the more the centrifugal forces of the wheels will increase. That keeps it upright and stable.
Now cornering requires you to break that stability, so in a corner the biker is constantly wrestling with the bike's urge to straighten up. That obviously limits cornering speeds.

Long story short:
On a short straight the bike will BTFO of pretty much any car. The longer the straight gets the more time the car has to catch up.
Add corners and the car will BTFO of the bike since better grip and better downforce enable it to go much faster.

>When does a car BTFO a motorbike?
Corners.
>When does a motorbike BTFO a car?
Straights.

The redbull rallycross cars are capable of a 0-60 of less than two seconds.
High grip tires, downforce, and all wheel drive make them capable of very fast acceleration. And those let them do some complex courses very quick as well.

Motorcycles must only rely on mechanical grip. Since once you break the threshold of a tire's grip, you start slipping. And on a bike that's very bad.

Cars have a higher potential for performance once you get into the bleeding edge of technology. But until that bleeds down to regular cars (it won't), you're going to see ten thousand dollar bikes lap tracks faster than million dollar sports cars. And beat them at rolling races.

let me introduce you to our lord and savior, the audi rs6

youtube.com/watch?v=2xz9RrRs0lA

when u want too let people no your a faggot >When does a motorbike BTFO a car?
when the rider isn't a pussy

You have to specify what kind of "car" you are talking about. Every time this argument comes up, some autist invariably mentions high performance F1 cars which will surpass a motorcycle in virtually every category

On paper, cars are better. They can stop faster, they can brake later prior to a turn, and they can maintain a higher speed in the turn. With that said, the difference is largely negligible if we are dealing with cars on a production level. Both are very comparable when it comes to handling and performance.

Staying alive
when you have limbs to spare

TopGear had an Australia Festival and they had Moto vs racecar vs F1
F1 won

Sweepers are where aero-dependent cars out perform motorbikes (see Formula One and LMP cars)

90 degree turns are where weight-shift dependent cars out perform motorbikes (see WRC, Gruppe N, or Gruppe A rally cars)

Always liked this one.
youtu.be/vdtm63R_fuc

I don't know how none of you haven't said anything about this post but I guess it's a common misconception.

BIKES DO NOT OUTBRAKE CARS.

It's important for you to realize this. Keep this in mind when u are behind a car on the highway. Depending on your distance if the car slams on the brakes in front of you even with abs you will slam into the back of that car 100% of the time.

This. Even while downshifting and braking.

Lane splitting is the key to survival

>you will slam into the back of that car 100% of the time.
t. tailgater
t. another bike faggot

Learn to drive, just stay away from whatever is in front of you

this is only half true.

and this:

>It's important for you to realize this. Keep this in mind when u are behind a car on the highway. Depending on your distance if the car slams on the brakes in front of you even with abs you will slam into the back of that car 100% of the time.

is completely false

cars outbrake bikes pound for pound but the average bike will stop MUCH faster than the average car

if you're slamming into the back of cars you're a really shitty rider

and ABS will increase your stopping distance

Lmao you are retarded. Go look up braking comparisons between the S1000RR and various econo shitboxes. Even the best production sport bike in the world can't out brake a Honda Civic or Toyota Corolla

>buy 1000ccsuperbike for 5k
>BTFO of every 5k car

Cagers cant compete

when it has over 1000hp and weighs less than 3000lb, or when is an f1 car

pretty much all the time

Is ur Google broken? Contact patches mean cars stop faster. So even at distances you do not consider as tailgating in a car means your gonna slam into the car in front of you on a bike.

I follow cars in a car via the 3 second rule. 5 seconds at least on my bike and more if you are on a cruiser.

bike is faster in a straight line due to power

car is a faster at high speeds hanks to aero downforce and stability

bike can't turn or stop as well as car therefore slower around a track

therefore car>bike

winner: car

see

Lol, this is a stupid and unfair comparison. You're taking the best motorcycle riders in the world, giving them motorcycles that cost more than double/triple of what they are competing against, and putting them up to some faggot no name french guy. Not to mention the track is 80% straights

still cheaper than the 918

>Cars have a higher potential for performance once you get into the bleeding edge of technology. But until that bleeds down to regular cars (it won't), you're going to see ten thousand dollar bikes lap tracks faster than million dollar sports cars. And beat them at rolling races.
this.

The only point of bikes is driving feels and performance/cost ratio.

And also motorbike racing is a lot more interesting to watch than most car racing.

Good thing no formula 1 ever race on this track.

a civic does 60-0 ~ 120-140 ft depending on who you ask

superbikes aren't "average" either.. they're meant to go fast, not stop

a pigfat harley dynaglide will 0-60 ~115 feet

the first corner

/thread

>BIKES DO NOT OUTBRAKE CARS.

This. Even though I (in my car) can outbrake a bike, I always leave them some extra room. Because in a panic stop, bikes often go down. Cars just skid around a bit. If I hit a car, its "Sorry dude. Let's exchange insurance info." If a biker drops his bike, I'd squash him. And I'd feel pretty bad.

Thank you. There's some serious misconception out there.

Where I'm from (canada) old ladies would panic brake on the highway to let ducks cross the road. Understanding this basic limitation that bikes take longer to brake than cars seriously saves lives.

Also I don't know why there's even this age old question about which is faster around the track bikes or cars cuz it obv depends on the track you fruits.

>Get in car
>Fasten safety belt
>Drive away

>Put on biker suit
>Zip all the zippers
>Put on biker boots
>strap all velcros
>Put on helmet
>Click clack all click clacks
>Put on biker gloves
>Button all the buttons
>jump on the bike
>ride away

In a crash

See
What you said is true on the track all things being equal, but in the real world bikes will outbrake cars by virtue of their lower weight.

youre a fucking retard

My God you can't be serious. If you need any real life comparisons just go look at stopping distances for a motorcycle in the wet. It's literally going to be 50% more than a car.

>V8 Supercar vs F1 car vs a road bike with track fairings

Some cars are faster than bikes, but that was an unfair comparison.