Just cuck my shit up

Hello Veeky Forums. Well I'll try to get straight to the point. I have a child on the way and my fiance suggests that I get rid of my work truck and daily commuter (a 1999 Chevy Silverado Ext Cab.) for an SUV or Van for our upcoming child. I really can't afford a new vehicle and I refuse to finance a car at this time. I have a spare $7k in my pocket. Any good suggestions for mid-sized SUVs or Minivans under $7k or should I just... just run far away from my problems and be a potential deadbeat father?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DBcr-x15vNM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Used Lexus rx300

If you're gonna do this do NOT get the first gen ones. Their transmission fail every 110k miles or so.

Used acura

>raughing taytay.jpg

This reminds me of that thread where that poor bastard who had to get rid of his car for his baby.

>Do not get a first gen
Your the first person I've heard say this, and I drive mine 170k miles. Transmission was fine. Just don't shift it manually and get the fluids changed once every blue moon

you mean the two threads? the first where he was told to list the s2k for $10 000 and the second where he sold it and now needs a fun commuter?

get rid of the fiance

Haha yeah. Forgot he made a second one.

but he already said he didn't want to fiance

What does your fiance drive?

Sell her car and use 3k from your money to buy her a 4Runner and get her to stfu.
Keep your Silverado but get a campershell for it.
My neighbor has an extcab Silverado and it babies pretty well.
A little cramped but what car isnt cramped with a babyseat?

Thanks for your suggestion.

>A little cramped but what car isnt cramped with a babyseat?
deep breathes now:
a crossover

Do you guys only have 1 car between the two?

see

FJZ80 on 37s bruh

She doesn't have a license and she is going to be a stay at home mother for our baby. I told her that the rear is spacious enough for the baby. I just have to superclean the cab and all. But she said "more space is better" or whatever.

what kind of a stupid cunt doesn't think that a 4 door pickup truck with an extended cab isn't a good idea with a kid?

its a fucking pickup, not a lotus elise, does that dumb bitch have more than 3 brain cells?

>it's a "I need a car to drive my wife, my wife's son and my wife's son's father at the same time" thread

There's only one fucking baby, she's being a neurotic first time mother. Save the $7k for all the baby shit you have to buy, you don't need a new fucking car for ONE baby

Mate.. she doesn't know what the fuck she's talking about. Keep the truck, she's fucking testing you, don't be a cuck.

there is absolutely nothing wrong with the silverado

Get what you pictured but a 2nd gen explorer 1996-2001 with the 5.0. They are everywhere for about $1000-. Reliable, very cheap to fix, cheap parts, and the cylinder heads alone are worth a few hundo when it comes time to part it out.

Keep the fucking truck and force her to get her license and force her to drive.
Get her something practical and keep your work truck for work.

Thats one of my biggest nightmares, knocking up some unmotivated slug of a woman (no offense) that doesnt have a job let alone a license. Shes going to hold you back even more.

>my biggest nightmares
Don't be afraid of getting women pregnant, or you lose.

Thanks, I'll try to tell her after I get home.

I went from a coupe to an extended cab truck when I had a kid why does she think you need an SUV is this bait? Just get a 'burban.

Why do women do this? Just a few weeks ago I was looking to buy an STI from a guy whose fiance is pregnant and demanded he get rid of the car because she "does not feel safe in it". It's a sedan with a lot of room in the back - what the fuck.
He was forced to sell the car, which he modded and treated lovingly since he bought it new 10 years ago, for a dirt cheap quick sell.

Naw man, i know too many guys who knocked up their gfs and the kid just causes the problems in their relationships to blow up.
Its even worse when its some hoodrat or nerdgurl who want to stay at home and smoke weed all day.

If she had all the normal adult things going for her then i wouldnt be as freaked out.
A license, a car, a job, and knows how to take care of her finances, etc. Normal adult things you need to know.

>daily driving a big thirsty air-polluting truck
why do americans do this?

Because we can.
Cheap to buy and own, cheap fuel prices, stuff that Europeans dont get.

What a fucking moron (the fiance).

Second-gen STIs are generally safe youtube.com/watch?v=DBcr-x15vNM

I honestly don't get why people get minivans or SUV's when they have one kid.

Growing up, my senpai only had 5 door hatchbacks, but there was only 4 of us so it was fine.

Keep the Silverado.
If you can't, get a post 2005 pre fat CVT Forester 2.5 XT.

Well, you could keep your truck and buy a cheap used car for her and teach her ass how to drive (and to get a job to help your ass with money). Simple as that. No need to get rid of something you need for your own damn job. Need that to pay your bills and child support famalam.

Well, the bad news is that a 1999 model year truck probably doesn't have the modern style child restraint anchors, although it might be new enough that you can get them retrofitted at a dealership.

Extended cabs tend to be difficult for child seats due to the tight space in back- your best bet is probably mounting in the center.

This. Even being a stay-at-home mom will be hindered by not having a license to drive your kid to doctor's appointments or whatever else, plus having transportation means she can get groceries or whatever and will be that much more able to get her ass to work when the kids get older.

Just make sure whatever you get is up to par with the current child restraint systems- 2002 or newer should be OK.

Plus, having a dedicated kid-hauler will mean that you generally won't have to have small kids in your truck. My sister's doing the stay-at-home thing, and the kids pretty much only ride in her Corolla because it's too much work to re-mount the car seats in another car.

For some people it's a lifestyle thing- especially if you're having your parents' first grandkids, you may end up spending more time with extended family, and it's convenient to have a single vehicle that can fit everyone.

Or, some parents get very involved with their kids' activities and end up hauling friends/teammates or carpooling or whatever.

third-gen 4runner

This. My mother carted me and my two siblings around in a 2 door E30 vert and a Saab vert. She got an explorer when we started turning 16 and it was shared between the kids who had to start picking each other up after school so she could continue driving her 2 door verts lel.

She's a typical airhead. That truck is highly reliable and easy to keep on the road. Point out that the money should go into a RESERVE account in case baby has an actual need for something.

Part of marriage is the ability to, directly and kindly without getting angry, tell your spouse they don't know what they are talking about, prove it, and for them to drop the subject.

She wants a gesture, not a vehicle.

>daily driving a big thirsty air-polluting truck
>why do americans do this?

Petrol is nearly free (2 bucks ish a gallon where I live) and many of us haul large loads and tow trailers frequently. I even put a liftgate on one of my trucks for moving machinery, welders and motorcycles. Your Citroen 2CV or Twingo may be more than you use, but it's not more than I use.

Operation and maintenance costs overall mean I can drive comfy large used vehicles for a lifetime, spend some of the savings on motorcycles, and have a rather low overhead.

get a dodge or crystler minivan

make her a fat lardwhale

shart in the mart

Get a quad cab truck retard

You have $7k on hand?

Have your fiance get her license, and pick up a decent used Sienna or maybe a Rav 4.

>don't

This. She is over reacting. You will need the money for the kid anyway.

My family had a lancia delta II, which was basically a fiat tipo with a pretty face and it carried our family of 4 with no problems until my mid teens.

If you really want to keep the chevy, get a new parent(work or family) from either her side or yours(preferably), and let them ride in the back with their kid and with her in the car too, to let her see herself that there is enough space.

>lexus
>acura