/emugen/ - Emulation General

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Main_Page

Read the General problems FAQ before asking questions. If you still need help, post your specs (speccy screenshot), OS, emulator version number and details of what's wrong.

Please contribute to the wiki if you discover any inaccuracies or have relevant information to append.

Other urls found in this thread:

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android
youtu.be/9fX2eI6az4U
banjosbackpack.com/forums/showthread.php?7972-Banjo-Dreamie
play.google.com/store/search?q=mario&c=apps
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want to start emulating on an android phone. What are some of the best emulators, and how the fuck do I install them?

emulation.gametechwiki.com/index.php/Emulators_on_Android

Stay away from retroarch
Its such a fucking piece of shit on android.
You'll be fine with emulating anything handheld upto DS and consoles up to SNES.

Haha, nice troll faggot

Give me more of dem saltz

feelsbadman

So I got the mupen64plus emulator on my phone. Where is the best place to find n64 roms?

Why bother making a new thread? The fact that the old one died prematurely should speak volumes.

I want to build a pc for my entertainment room to emulate most consoles. What hardware am i looking at to get "perfect" emulation of ps2, dreamcast and those sort of things? As far as i can tell my Fx8350 and Hd7970 cant emulate ps2 very well.

If possible i also want 4k 60+ fps upscaling

It's what we do.

>ideals

What did he mean by this?

Redump is still down. I think we should panic.

The Sega Saturn repository on Internet Archive is behind the username wall now. Hope the /emugen/ dummy account is still valid. :/

On a more general note, Internet Archive seems spooked. Grab what you can while you can.

He thinks every emulator should be cycle-accurate.

He spent years of his life working on higan and yet plebs still stick with ZSNES and everyone else goes with 9x or mercury.

ZSNES was my fave snes emu back in the day. Has anyone figured out why it has the lowest latency? It's thanks to that latency chart that I still will use ZSNES.

Being coded largely in Assembly prolly does wonders for latency and system requirements, at the cost of being nigh-unmaintainable.

byuu is not the fucking saint you think he is.

As for his contention that all emus should cycle-accurate, I can't disagree with him there. It's a pity Intel doesn't actually fucking do its job anymore, preferring instead to sell incremental upgrades to extra cores you don't need while covertly backing hardware DRM.

the game folders

Now that the libretro folks are getting paid maybe we can expect reasonable release cycles.

I find it hard to believe that since july when 1,3.6 was released its been rock solid with zero stability bugs found.

God help them if they actually did the reasonable thing and had branches for stability and major breaking bugs on stable builds.

Expecting users to not complain when shit breaks on nightly builds and expecting people to use nightly when shit breaks on stable is unreasonable.

But game folders were a retarded solution to a valid problem. How can that be an "ideal"?

How long have you been following the emuscene? I was your usual rom kiddie but I got really hooked and started following the latest developments when Dolphin went open source in 2008 and blew everyone's minds away with x64, dual core support and Wii emulation

You know, I don't have much experience with SP. But, what experience I _do_ have says nothing will change and that, because he will fail to recognize that being paid should fundamentally change quite a few things, this is going to end up blowing the fuck up spectacularly.

Byuu stands for what he believes in (even though his solutions are considered retarded by the majority) instead of trying to please the whiny endusers

On the contrary SP's work revolves around granting their wishes, perhaps that's why he's so angry and frustrated all the time

SP is on welfare/his parent's allowance so it's unlikely his output is going to increase, it's not like he has a job he can quit to focus on libretro lol

I got on board when I figured out they weren't just scams to infect your computer with malware. And that the FBI wasn't going to come knocking on my door.

I started caring about preservation after some extensive thinking on a number of issues that would prolly bore the fuck outta you.

This was one of multiple points I was referring to.

>SP is on welfare/his parent's allowance

Nice asspull, have any proof?

Your views on byuu are highly misguided and naive.

You'll want an overclocked intel CPU. Also 4k is still a meme so don't bother for at least a year or 2.

So what will be the fate of consoles nobody gives a shit about? Stuff like the 3DO, Phillips CDI, FM Towns Marty, etc...?

Will they just be lost forever because nobody cares enough to emulate them?

Want more people to be able to write emulators? We need beginning programming and electrical engineering taught in school. Without programmers and engineers you will only have a few neck beards world wide with the desire and knowledge to do it.

Where's the best place to download roms for the n64. Using mupen64plus on an android phone btw.

Can someone spoonfeed me on a place to get Wii U isos? I want to give CEMU a try.

Chances are emulation for those will never happen. It's not just that nobody cares, but also there's no "glory" in it. Only chance would be someone doing out of nostalgia or some other unlikely reason.

Stop posting your ugly art with every one of your posts. It's just as bad as avatarfaggotry.

3DO and CDI have emulators though? Don't know about that other one.

Currently I'm one of the only people keeping this shit thread alive, bucko. So you're going to just have to deal with my "faggotry" (or report me like the autistic little crybaby bitch you prolly are).

You make a valid point user.

Then let it die. Nothing of value will be lost.

>not interested in preserving thread

Fuck right off cockholster.

See, while I appreciate interesting webbums like this, I really wish more Sega Saturn shit got posted.

That's, like, the Final Frontier for accurracyfags currently.

>tfw you wake up one day and see this

DIES MIES JESCHET BOENE DOESEF DOUVEMA ENITEMAUS

The same proof that shows that Ryphecha is actually transgender.

I only ever heard that (s)he was so cripplingly lonely that (s)he would pretend to be a girl online to get people to talk to him/her.

Would you use an emulator made by a transgender antifa furry?

I'm already using mGBA

Quality before all. The work should speak for itself: is it accurate?

No one should care. Care about humans, not hunks of plastic.

This is a prime example of what I meant. Endrift's work is quality, so I use his stuff, no matter how...Cringeworthy...His politics and social views may be.

Not him but his github contributions are close enough

I've gotten more enjoyment out of the latter than I ever have out of the former.

Part of the reason is because I don't post anymore since my mobile device is blocked from posting on Veeky Forums (and only Veeky Forums) for some dumbass reason so I can't post during the day anymore, and I'm not paying Hiroyuki money for a Veeky Forums pass. And I'm too busy playing games while at home to bother posting at night.

So, too bad for /emugen/ if it dies because people on mobile devices are blocked from Veeky Forums for no reason

I'm sorry to hear that Hiroyuki's faggotry is affecting you. I really wish he'd choke on a goddamned puffer fish.

And we know what mudlord does with his time.....

Hold on, I'm getting a vision in my crystal ball. The next version of Dolphin will be released, and the Framerate dips in Battle for Bikini Bottom will still not be fixed.

Anyone want another prediction?

He is angry

Angry about Terrorists

right lads, I'm playing FFIV on PPSSPP in retroarch, is saving safe? Does it instantly write the data once you save in game?

Now that's more like it!

why is the dog wearing people clothes.

this is adorable.

wat game is that?

Albert Odyssey Legend of Eldean

>Does it instantly write the data once you save in game?
No, you need to change this.

I just want to play SMT IV and Dual Destinies on Citra, goddammit. Meanwhile, Cemu is improving a lot faster for some reason, and there are barely any WiiU games worth playing.

Preserving games is fine, but is anyone bothering to preserve manuals? Those things were just as much fun as the games themselves.

>behind username wall
is it too much to register? JEsus fucking christ you ppl are insufferable.
>Archive seems spooked
an american fascist is about to take power. Only an idiot wouldn't be concerned.

yes user.
the quality of the scans I have leave much to be desired.
From what I can gather, about half of the color manuals are b&w photocopy tier. Better than nothing, but there's no reason we shouldn't have hirez pdfs.
Perhaps there's a community i'm not familiar with?

Where were you when GLideN64 got Pokemon Snap working?

Does anyone here have a solid link to Rey's 128gb Attract Mode image that doesn't take 5 days to download?

how can do I make PSP games look really good in PPSSPP?

Part 6 of Banjo-Dreamie released a few days ago

youtu.be/9fX2eI6az4U

banjosbackpack.com/forums/showthread.php?7972-Banjo-Dreamie

I just got a new smart phone from black Friday!

What should i play ?

I'm new

And it's pleasure to met all of you :)

play the mario game where you run and collect the coins.
"it's a me, merio!"
LOL

System?

I've seen ppl play n64 games like smash bro no their phone

But i really haven't found phone spec sheet for those emulators

I'm thinking about trying some psp games since it's in the app store

it's android bruh. it's THE mario runner, champ.

jesus fucking christ!

play.google.com/store/search?q=mario&c=apps

I-i'm new...
and not soo smart sorry lol

but i'm using andriod
unfortunately

and wiki says it's TBA

But thank you still !

Oh this is what you were talking about ?

The heck was i looking at then?

Is it true that the xbone s controller does't support vibration via bluetooth? I might have dun goofed

Also does the 3.5mm jack do anything? I plugged in my earbuds but nothing happened

My turtle beach instruction say that's where you're supposed to plug

But i do not have an xbox one to conferm sorry

You were right its not out on the android I was just pointing out all the shitty knock offs. google clearly doesnt give a fuck

It's cool no worries mate

Oh speaking of with i just learned about
reicast

Have you tried it

LG stylo 2 plus here

and no one using my device has reviewed it..

bump

So MAME is pretty much confirmed to be an elaborate practical joke at this point, right?

Like, there's literally no rhyme or reason to which roms work and which ones don't. Getting things to work in it seems like a game of chance. It's like something created by the Mad Hatter.

use romcenter or clrmamepro to verify your roms. If you cant be bothered to do that then stick with packs or an older version.

I tried using clrmamepro. I think I'd have to call NASA to get that fucking monstrosity to work.

From what I gather, MAME is the end result of a project in which all the devs are highly dysfunctional assholes...

...Yet it did not die.

How was this possible? None know. That's part of the Delphic mystery of it allllll.....

You....I love you man.... :D

Based on my time among various communities, no organization is devoted solely to preserving high-quality manual and strategy guide scans. TOSEC comes close, but their primary focus is still the games themselves with manuals being very much a sideline. There is a group (the name escapes me at present) with a more narrow-band focus on extremely high quality scans of all things pertaining to SEGA hardware, but there again they are necessarily self-limiting.

Other than that, you have nascent shit like Vimm's Lair and Replacement Docs. Especially for Nintendo game manuals (which those Nipp fucks routinely DMCA into the fucking ground), you'll be picking through their scraps.

Pretty sure they have emulators
An incredibly mediocre jrpg on the saturn.
>smart phone
>What should i play
I guess you can play flappy bird or something.
Get a romset that matches your version of MAME (or vice versa) and then NEVER updated it ever again.

Just wasted about 20 minutes trying to get romcenter to work. Another obtuse, cryptic piece of fucking shit. Thanks for nothing.

>then NEVER updated it ever again.
This must severely limit their desire to work on MAME if they know people will do this

Aside from all the other problems, it seems like the aiming in this is very slow and inaccurate when playing in Dolphin.

I don't know if this is a problem with the emulator or the game itself, since I've only ever played the Xbox version, and the aiming in that was perfectly responsive.

If you cant get romcenter to work you might wanna read some guides or find another hobby. This one might be a little too advanced for you.

Then maybe they should stop this horseshit of breaking roms between versions.

cool thanks i'll look into it

But of i may ask

Are we allowed to talk about rom sites or is that against the rules?

Its against the rules.

I suspect there's something wrong with Dolphin, DESU.

Ah

Thank you very much

One last question just to be super safe
can we talk about emulators like the ones on the play store ?