Like a glove.

>stacey q rocks

>be two weeks
>truck is still broke no one knows why
>decide fuck it, we're coming home
>company issues Comdata checks to us
>for 300 each, and the Walmart here will not authorize them
>no one at Comdata can help us
>our employer wants the two of us to hop on another truck and leave our shit here and come back for it after we have our next truck
>ithinknot.nef
>get a rental
>it's at Boston-Logan
>we can't cover the cab fare to get us there since the Comcheks dont work
>they literally rented us a car we can't get to

At this point I understand they're trying but trying doesn't pay my bills.

>mfw

So if you're reading this and you're in the area we need a ride br/o/s

Sweet fuck what on this godforsaken rock is that?

>he doesn't enjoy watching wheeler dealers

liveleak.com/view?i=c2c_1477367340

What a fucking idiot

You're only supposed to text and drive during heavy traffic

>handshaking little gnome, the tv show

no fucking thanks

Fuck this tiny bellend so much. The show would be so much better if it was just based Ed fixing things, instead of this little fuckstain interjecting with "OI M8 AWZ ME CAR LOOKIN 'EN??" every two minutes.

Pizzafaggot from last thread, I live in a white suburb of baltimore so my rent is 750 for a 1br apartment lol. I guess I'm just being greedy, there really isn't a reason to leave this job as of yet. Might still become a trucker in a couple years and do OTR. I want a free cuckshed and the possibility of NEETing for months at a time as an o/o.

the whole dealer angle is just a buzzkill.
i wish they'd gotten tony mason instead of mike brewer, and made a "pissing money away on your race car projects but feeling great anyway" show

project binky on youtube is what it would look like if there were two ed marches.

>TFW Western Canada is a warm, muddier than usual muck pit full of 70% road bans on gravel/dirt roads

>TFW Every piece of equipment in the oilfield coil tubing spread I work with is so heavy that they can't make 100% registered weights, let alone 70%

>TFW Five pairs of coveralls maybe last a week at most before they are all muddy as fuck and in need of dry cleaning

TFW Guys are blowing driveline components trying to get equipment spotted, chained to the hilt

Just fuck my shit up senpai.

Stuck in goddamned California for a reset all weekend. At least the drive in was pretty.

I am waiting for snow, it is interesting watching dumb asses try to pass my plow truck in less than forgiving conditions. Last winter I had a dipshit try to pass on a hill, he was greeted by oncoming traffic and took the shoulder on the left lane.

Truckerfags, you might be able to relate to my van life thread since you guys live in trucks all day.
Thoughts on what I said?
Keep in mind I've got about 10k saved up. Could totally do.
>

Just become a trucker and save your money forever.

Was gonna live in the van, go hunting, hiking, fishing during weekends holidays
Then go to school during day.
Save up like 30k+ by time I finish school.
God Alberta Canada looks comfy.

Seriously.

Why would anyone shell out $10k to live in a tiny enclosed vehicle when there are literally thousands of people who will pay you to do it, and pay for your fuel and all you have to do is drive around and listen to podcasts all day

cause you cant leave the damn thing

After a while you don't want to leave.

After a while the days are a blur. But how are you gonna spend all your money if you dont wanna leave

Anobody hère drive a snow plow?

No, but I did plow you're mom last night.

If I lived up north still, I know a bunch of people who do it and I would def jump on one of their trucks during the storms. Good way to make some extra xmas cash but totally depends on how the winter goes. In Chicago, you will have winters where you need to break out the plows once or twice and other years when you get a dozen big storms and can straight bank on those 36hr caffeine and cocaine fueled runs.

maximum comfy until you actually have to turn the steering wheel
see

I work in the middle of nowhere and since
I have to sleep there snow or not I am still paid.

Breddy good gig where I live. City workers haul sand or gravel/snow in the winter and gravel/dirt in the summer.

Past the 2 week mark. I give up at this point. They did order us some new injectors so we're going to wait it out if it doesn't fix the problem we're gonna bounce. we already have confirmation from dispatch this will not be an abandonment if we leave it at the dealer.

no but I've thought about applying at my local township garage for a part time gig, just over holiday break.

I already have a Class B CDL with air brakes and a Fed Med card so I should be able to drive anything they got.

>wants to be a company cuck
>but not for a massive company with deep pockets gained from cucking drivers
>would rather get second hand cucking from someone cucked by the same company he could get cucked by
>dealing with two levels of cucks too broke to pay their bills
This is next level C U C K T R U C K I N G

Stop giving us updates on this boring ass story.
Let us know if you decide to go shoot up Springfield though.

>Another American small business success story

>What means DAC?

>Grit and tenacity, the hallmarks of the American trucker

Please let us know when the serious bath salts habit phase of your downward spiral begins.

Went under my bed for the first time in a year. Totally forgot I had an 8" angle grinder with a woodsaw blade. I've been cutting shit with a pruning saw all this time.

Don't forget that this is also coming from a guy who could be surviving off of his settlement checks for the rest of his life had he bothered to pursue them

As a new driver, what's the average number of curbs I should be hitting? Because I'm pretty sure I hit like 20 alone in Houston yesterday.

Learn to jug handle.

Depends. Some spots you can't avoid it. Just try not to take any utility poles with you.

Pic unrelated. Too lazy to find the eminem pics

But if you're driving a bus or straight truck, they're 100% avoidable.

It's amazing how often senior drivers at the bus company bounce their buses off the curbs. You would think after 10+ years of driving experience they would know better.

>100% avoidable
I've had to bump curbs bobtail because of shit city planning. Better to bump a curb than kill a pole.

What are the different loads like to haul? Ausfag here, 3 years in and I've exclusively hauled flatbed and tautliners only. What about:
>containers
>freezers
>pantech
>dry bulk
>tankers
>tippers
Tbh I'm getting tired of dealing with these dusty as fuck, flogged old tautliners man.

Straight trucks are fucked up in a different way. Normally they are fine on city streets, but I have to pull these trucks through parking lots all the time that aren't designed for anything besides cars and it's unavoidable.

this
I have a way harder time in an 8 pallet 4cyl than I do in the semi, because despatch excpects the 8 palleter to go in places that would be "gee that's tight" in a fucking transit van

We have these 12 bay straight trucks they use for vending now and I always hated driving those things. All the main roads around here are like 6 lanes and divided so you have to pull tons of u-turns. Those fucking straight trucks have such a bad turning radius that you have to do 3-pt turns even with 4 lanes and a median worth of room.

I just got chewed out by some harpy with a desk job for not going 5 hours out of my way to swing by the west memphis terminal to get new registration which from what I was told a few days ago is good until December. I'm a little mad. I'm totally down with stopping in if my route takes me on 40 or 55 but don't expect me to head there just because I passed thru Little Rock going south.

Ayy. Wasn't me, though I am in the same model truck now. I ain't been to Florida in weeks.
Kek, Skyline keeps all the truck paperwork in a blue binder in the door. Any time something changes, it changes for the whole fleet so they just swap it all on the weekend when all the trucks are in.

Fug I'm in Houston now. What part? I rarely curb it here.

Why do you care? You get paid by the mile, right?

I've seen the Skyline trucks at that place before and I think they might go somewhere else in that little industrial area right by our warehouse.

Not for the 260 miles out of the way.

she does know she could just fax that peice of paper to the nearest truckstop right? usually when shit expires in my book its faster to get it faxed or emailed.

She probably doesn't know how to do much more than suck dick, breathe, and use a phone to bitch at drivers.

I mean is she good at sucking dick at least?

Probably. She sounded like an older woman so she's more than likely sucked thousands of dicks.

Jesus H.

I mean, I knew PTL was shit tier, but goddamn

This is the first time since I started 4 months ago I've been genuinely upset. Everything else that has happened been mildly annoying or even outright funny.

This doesn't look right

Yeah look at those slack adjusters.

That's completely normal. You always want to maintain two to three feet of slack in fan belts to allow for lash.

>it`s will be
jesus

Got a critical event for turning at 22mph. Now they want me to do "close quarters training."
I don't even care anymore desu. I'm getting tired of this job, I want to do something else. I'll go the way of M&M

I got one of them newfangled camera systems on the truck that triggers at certain events determined by Skyline. It goes off all the time and as long as I'm not being a dumbass they don't say anything about it.

When is your year with Swift up?

I got almost $75k in savings now after 3 years of dealing with this shitty company cuck life. Should I buy a used truck and lease on somewhere like Mercer or Landstar, or just quit and go to college for something else? Thinking of getting a meme associates degree then becoming a supervisor in a factory where I don't so shit but pretend to edit an excel sheet while spying on niggers not working.

That's the only thing I'm glad I don't have. I hate all these baby monitors that trigger even in the most trivial situations.

It's been up, I've been here a year and 7 months.

I took the knowledge test today, failed it have to wait another week to retest

Not gonna lie I'm pretty bummed out, the test was way harder than the practice tests I took

I honestly don't mind it. Worst that's come of it so far is it caught me texting one time, but all I got was a stern talking-to and as long as I don't do that again I'm golden, which is a good thing really. I set up a bunch of voice controls on my phone now anyway.

you mean the multiple choice questions or the actual out and looking at the rig test?

you gotta read the questions carefully cause they try like motherfuckers to twist the words around on you.
spend the week reading the little learners book front to back you should be fine for the next one

Associates degree at least wouldn't be a bad choice. Just sucks a 2yr degree doesn't get you much in 2016.

Jesus. I'm so glad we don't have a ton of nanny shit. There is a GPS in case the truck disappears and that's it.

Yep the multiple choice question

What annoyed me is I walked in there thinking I had it, then I take the test and it was way fucking harder. Almost every question was something I hadn't seen before. I'm worried because the online tests I come across are way too easy.

Nursing is an associate's degree and pays as much as any typical 4 year degree out of college. And you can move up to better positions like Nurse Practitioner or Nurse Anesthetist making six figures.

Ehh, it's actually limited with the 2yr degree. My mom has been an OR nurse for decades and has been in a few different management positions but kinda hit the cieling and can't move any higher without a bachelor's.

That's also a fairly recent thing too where a piece of paper means more than 30+ years of experience.

We've been driving about the same amount of time, I'm at 18 months. I'm starting to get bored with it as well. But it's so easy and I can buy all sorts of dumb toys, plus I don't know what else I'd do.

It finally happened. Damn near took off another trucks mirror backing at a truck stop. I hit it trying to pull forward because I was millimeters away from it after going forward and backwards one foot at a time because i didn't have enough space to pull out and abort or reposition myself.

Feels disappointing bruhs. Guy was pissed as hell, I'm glad he didn't try to fight me irl because i really do feel bad for it

>take several practice tests so many times I have the tests memorized at 110%
>take the actual test
>none of those questions were on it

Still don't have hazmat

Better a mirror than a light pole

Keep poastin

Well that's not too bad desu. I just don't like being monitored because I get loud when playing Battlefield and/or batching one off.

That is word for word how I feel right now. I feel there's something better than selling my soul to the road though, who knows, maybe I'll live the millennial meme dream and die young :^)

pls don't jinx me nigger. The damage ended up being minimal but I was very close to ripping it off. It's just a little scratched plastic. I just feel bad for hitting his shit and it put a dent in my pride, for being a 6 month nub I thought I was doing great. Now I'll probably start being overly cautious and slow again

Shit I'm 27 now so I only have like 6mos left. At least I get to sleep in my own bed (or on my couch).

Why? I don't have anything important to post. I'm not even a trucker.

That's a good run for 6mos in. Seriously. The companies don't give a fuck about little stuff like that because it is bound to happen. I watched an Owner-Op rip off the whole passenger side front end of the tractor in the Restaurant Depot by our plant.

Just don't kill anybody and you should be fine.
>tfw boss was telling us about an old coworker who was sitting with his 4-ways on, pulled over to the side of the street waiting to turn into a crowded gas station
>guy not paying attention slammed into the back of his trailer at 50mph
>dude died a couple days later
I had never even heard that story. And this dude actually had something similar happen a few months before when lady wasn't paying attention as he was slowly turning into a parking lot and ripped the whole passenger side of her car off on his trailer.

RIP in peace Bepis
I'd like to go local like you, finally found a qt weeb girl to talk to and miss driving my car.

>Dat Heterochromia
Muh dick

It ain't so bad now that it is slow and I know what I'm doing (somewhat). I have been workin like 35-45hrs a week.

Didn't even notice

I wouldn't mind that kind of work week. What are your paychecks looking like, if I may ask?

he aint swift anymore.

Idk, it has been lighter and I'll volunteer to go do paperwork for a day a week so it ends up being 35-40hrs a week and like $900-$950 gross. If I run all 5 days and work 40-45, it's right around $1000, and then summer picks up and will be closer to $1100 and 45-50hrs a week.

I could almost always offter to work a Saturday too and they are normally short(er) days so come in 6-7hrs and end up with $1200 for the week.

But when you start, you still gotta figure everything out and will work a lot of 50-60hr weeks.

Forgot pic

How difficult is it to get a local driving job as a recent cdl grad?

I've heard its almost impossible unless your license has been clean for more than three yeasrs, and even if you find a local/regional job you'll be working 60-70 hours a week. Is that true?

Nah you just have to be willing to work.

You mean looking for a job or once you're hired?