/tesog/ - The Elder Scrolls Online General

Elder Thread: >Official news
One Tamriel/Update12 is finally here!
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/08/23/gamescom-2016-recap-update-12-and-one-tamriel
elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/2016/09/15/update-12-guide-return-to-craglorn

>Latest patch notes
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/297935/pc-mac-patch-notes-v2-6-6
forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes

>Sales and deals
dlgamer.us/download-the_elder_scrolls_online-pc_games-p-19435.html (authorized reseller)

>Beginner's Guide by Alcast
youtube.com/playlist?list=PLWqnQ2EfnFBgjvfzMURBzYTSTxMrf480u

>Online lore portal and map
imperial-library.info/
uesp.net/wiki/Online:Online
esomap.uesp.net/

>UI addons for PC
esoui.com/addons.php

>Assorted links
teso-rp.com/
esoacademy.com/
eso-fashion.com/
eso-styles.faerylands.eu/

>/tesog/ Guilds
[PC NA] message (not whisper) @Geobasket or @the_kyrox for invite
[PC EU] message (not whisper) @Hatebr33d3r for invite
[PS4 NA and EU] message PSN: kibukj for invite
[XB1 NA] message GT: Arick556x45 for invite

>Platform poll:
strawpoll.me/10281492

First for race traitors

>inb4 class questions

Remember guys, only thing set in stone are your class and race (you can race change with crowns), so feel free to try out things as you level.

Every class has a stamina and Magicka build, and every class can dps, tank, heal.

They are pretty much all viable for 95% or more of the game too. You only need to min max for a tiny amount of content.

should i buy the gold version with the dlc or the regular version? also im making a dragonknight so which race should i pick

Wouldn't it make more sense if 2h was the AoE weapon and dual wield was single target?

I just want to swipe any muthafuckas 360° around me with my huge mace if ya know what I meanI mean my actual 2h mace, not my dick. that would be gay

Can I make cute waifus in this game? this is very important

MQ spoiler alert:

I sacrificed the guy because of that :^)
that romance seemed forced

Yeah. Makes more sense but at least 2h has that kind of AoE passive which is neat... maybe?

Why the FUCK cant I play this game

>launch game through launcher
>intro video
>stuck loading forever

i've waited 15 minutes and it was still loading

apparently this has been an issue since O P E N B E T A

how do you fucking fix it jesus christ bethesda never ceases to amaze me

So I used up my character delete limit yesterday and it didnt come up today.

Thought I get back one every 24 hours?

Is it a bug or something?

yeah, I think it is. exactly 24 hours, but it's reset back to 24 hours whenever you delete a character.
so if you, for example, used your first delete, and then after 23 hours you'd use your second delete, you would have to wait 24 more hours to get the first one back. could be that.

Gold
Imperial

pls help

i cant even get to the main menu to change any settings, it goes straight from cutscenes to loading screens

I got my delete again, thanks though.

I feel that it was late 8 minutes though.

If you want to change settings, you can also just alter the usersettings.ini or whatever the file is called in your documents folder.

set it to all minimum, still cannot get past the loading screen after downloading it while i was at work

how the fuck do you play this shit
have 20 minutes to still make a refund

i have literally spent 100 minutes in a loading screen all together

Always Gold.

As far as minmaxing goes:

StamDK DPS: Redguard or Khajiit
StamDK Tank: Imperial > Nord
MagDK DPS: Dark Elf
MagDK Tank: Imperial or Dark Elf

Post specs.

i5 2.8ghz
R9 380
8gb ram

more than enough to run this piece of shit at minimum graphics

>u need a supercomputer to open character creator xdddd

Why would you even wait that long in a loading screen? You should know that something is wrong after 2 minutes.

Are you sure its not your HDD thats the problem? Or memory?

I'd delete the game and reinstall it if I were you, maybe it patched wrong.

Did you try rebooting your pc? Are you sure you are connected to the internet? XDD

>every other game and program runs fine
>"prolly ur HDD bud try reinstalling a 100gb game"

"kil urslef??"

XDD

Find this and run it as admin or some shit

If you are an orc can you still wear bitchin dunmer armour or just shitty faggot orc armour

You can wear a dress for all that matters. Yes

you can wear whatever you want. (except the dunmer heavy helmet, that's hideous. the medium one is great.)

if I went dunmer, is it okay to go nightblade? should I go stam or magic nightblade or does it matter?

played a WoW rogue from vanilla, so thinking about either a similar type or going a warrior

is there a similar class to a skelemancer from D2?

in addition, how does one make a stealth archer?

nightblade and a bunch of shit in bow skills?

i dont understand this game

>stealth archer

I found a guide for that.

heh

Is it possible to make a purely melee, non-spell character without being gimped?

Redguard
DK/NB
Stam
2h/dw

would you fuck yourself over? are you almost required to use magick? is using magick bad? I still dont understand how this works, half this stuff in nightblade seems like a physical attack, but it costs magicka to use. except those skills arent as important as weapon skills? which cost stamina?

so either you get to use weapons or you get to use class abilities? while a mage gets to use both? it seems like no matter what you only have like 8 spells to use total, except that the actual pool of spells is only 15 so you arent missing much, whereas in guild wars you have like 100 abilities, so every decision on which ability to use was important

>all other humans are descended from Nords

Need opinions. How'd my cat come out?

OwO

>only 5 skill slots plus ult

How am I even supposed to know what to slot?

Just bought the game. Teach me the secrets of Dunmer DK tanking/DPS?

So i know all classes can solo, but what class is the ultimate solo class. The perfect combination. THE KING OF SOLOING

I give up. finally loaded into the absolute minimum character creation screen available. chouldnt see hair, tattoos, muscle definition at all, faces were a blur, text was blurry, chouldnt tell what was going on. and I was L A G G I N G. i was fucking lagging on something a PSX could run at a stable 30fps.

just to make sure my hardware wasnt dying, booted up WoW, ultra everything max render distance. 100fps stable

tried every solution I could find short of buying new shit for my computer

getting a refund off of steam, you should not have to wait 15m just to play with play-do at 10fps, i cant even fathom how shit the code has to be on this trainwreck that you need a 5k computer just to make a fucking character

>he still uses windows 95

daedric magsorc.

>"I-t's the user's fault, Bethesda is never wrong!"

Is that good or bad?

>they should make the game for people with computers from the 90s!

even better then magik templar?

Looks like an NPC that fits into the ESO world well

I hate that fucking epic memester Prophet. Whenever I arrive at Davon's Watch, he orders me to return to the Harborage immediately after I just left him there from the previous quest.
I was just there, you retarded fucking old pervert, you could have just told me then that the next quest was ready.

>i5
>r9 380
>8gb ram
>botnet7

what is their excuse? why do I have to wait 20m just to open character creation? why can I find DAILY threads on this all the way back to open beta? why is this still a fucking issue for so many people?

m8, I'm playing this game on my shitty old laptop with stable 30fps

what is your secret to getting past the "running the executable" gear check?

5m passed since i ran eso64.exe as admin, what a fucking meme

2hr passed so i cant even refund

npc/10

i love you foskl

You can find it all the way back to open beta because the game was pure shit back at launch. They long since fixed most of those problems.

xddd

finally got to start screen and it told me to fuck off and use the steam launcher if i want to play

back to 30m loadscreens I go, maybe this time will be different!

what a meme

I will admit that's pretty much exactly what I was going for, so I'll stick with this character. Thank you.

It sometimes happens not because of your computer but because there's a lot of people playing or requesting the same data as you. It could also be your internet.

did steam fixed the playtime starting to count as soon as the launcher is opened? I heard anons not being able to get refunds because of that, even if their actual playtime was just minutes

But really, I don't know what to tell you. My computer isn't amazing, just slightly better than yours based on , but it runs the game on high 50-60 fps just fine.

I don't know, I just click the play button on steam and then the play button in the launcher.

not my internet, everything else loads normally

so you're telling me its been almost 3 years since launch and their servers cant handle people logging the fuck in

r u kidding me??!

You can xddd meme all you want, but it is still true. A lot of those issues have been fixed, but evidently not all of them for everyone.

is there a detriment to going stam nb as opposed to magicka nb?

also stam nb or stam dk for clash bash

>hardened ward shields you and your summons
>daedric prey makes your summons deal 55% more damage to one enemy, it also deals damage when it expires
>volatile familiar does shock damage and stun on activation
>twilight tormentor can deal extra damage to enemies above 50% health
>bound aegis ups your magicka as well as your armor rating
>greater storm atronarch stuns on entry and is a great solution when you run into mobs blindly and get bogged down

so long as your pets live, they draw heat off of you pretty well. it's almost an AFK build.

I'm just trying to help.

It has never happened to me :^)

I had a graphics card problem where my laptop was using the shitty intel integrated graphics card instead of the NVIDIA card for ESO. I went into the NVIDIA control panel to fix it. Maybe that's the cause of your problem?

WHY THE FUCK CAN'T I MAKE MY NORD HAVE BLACK HAIR THIS IS THE ONLY THING SETTING ME BACK FROM MY PERFECT CHARACTER FUCK THIS PIECE OF SHIT RACE COLOR LOCKS REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

meant for

all stats into magika?

Are your drivers updated?

>black hair

I bet you want brown eyes too. Just play an Imperial or Redguard.

yep. it's not exactly an optimized build, until I could fill all the daedric line I used crystal shards as well. and I think the light armor ability annulment was available as a shield before hardened ward.

also, sharpened lightning staff enchanted with lightning, because lightning is cool.

But user might want to play as a human.

>Imperial
>implying that wasn't my first thought
MY BANK ACCOUNT IS AT 00S REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I DO want to play as a decently-fairly-minimally human looking character

this is DEFINITELY not the first time this game has cockblocked me either from locked assets, what the FUCK

1) What are the best places to hunt for motiffs? I know they appear randomly and all, but is there any good location for "grinding" possible containers?

Im just level 21, so paying 100k for Imperial one is too much for me.

2) Dunmer DK or Nord DK? For PvE.

Make a Breton

>breton
>human

W-what? She wont cudle you gently after all the fuss done? ;_;

best class for big dick 2 hander smasher in pvp?
dragon knight i assume?

>2) Dunmer DK or Nord DK? For PvE.

BRETONS ARE TOO MAGICKA FOR MY BUILD REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>bset class for "big dick 2 hander"
Prostitute

k ill go templar then.

How are stam DK tanks in solo pve?

Make an Orc character, you racist.
If you REE at me one more time, my 7 foot tall Nord character is going to crush your head between her thighs

really really geat man like really really great

>how is "ANY CLASS" in solo pve?
fine

MALE ORCS ARE TOO UGLY

R...l-lewd...

Cant do much damage but cant die either.

I dont get this joke.

To Freedom is good, same with Over the Seas.

The Ra-Gada are the fucking master race though.

>The Ra-Gada are the fucking master race though.
yes, and he'd be diluting his blood with a filthy half-giant. race traitor.

would cuddle

Where are you usually standing around?

Why are bosmer so gosh darn cute?

Vegans wouldn't understand.

What do they mean by this?

You character will stand there for the rest of the time and take anything any NPC will give her, like a bosmer whore on fredas night.

That annoying bitch. I enjoyed putting her in the fucking ground.

They're smol

>about 10% of my playtime is spent adding russians to my ignore list

How is this acceptable? How many of them even are there?

Not too bad

i have cats and this is going to end with one of you spraying that pillar