So I don't really visit Veeky Forums

So I don't really visit Veeky Forums
But I had a question regarding the car scene. I got a buddy who has a Subaru STI and he's done some mods and what not, goes to car meets and rolls with his car "squad" right. Well I expressed my interest in always wanting a car I could work on myself despite not knowing cars and just having like an awesome car for myself right. Well now he's pushing me to get a project car and to go with him to car meets and to roll with his "squad" which is a bunch of Subaru's, scions and Toyota's right? But the car I've always wanted to get and work on has either been a Trans Am or an 80's Firebird, which is like none of their cars, so I was wondering on where I would stand with these dudes being the only one with an American car

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hVPMDC8fItc
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Do you vape? If so, I'm sure you'll fit right in :)

No, sure don't
I've only seen one dude vape out of everyone I met so far, and it was the biggest dude with a beard, reminded me kind of action bronson

Get whatever you want. I was positive I was an import guy until I drove a third gen Camaro for the first time. Get a Trans Am and enjoy that, they will help you out all the same and you might even convert a few.

Tbh the car scene is trash, with subabros being some of the worst offenders to what makes the car scene so shit. However, it's really up to what kind of people they actually are. They might be shitlords and tell you "ur car a shite elks dee" or they might respect the fact that you have your own style, I never met these people so I can't gauge that for you.

Whatever you get yourself, if it's a trans am or firebird or whatever, get yourself the v8.

Why do you even worry about that shit? If you want the car and can afford it, get it. If him and his """squad""" think any less of you for getting a car you've always liked (that isn't something completely retarded) they're a bunch of faggots and you're better off hanging with other people.

Trans Am is the v8 Firebird. Regular Firebird is the V6.

>What is a Firebird Formula

youtube.com/watch?v=hVPMDC8fItc

Subarufags are fucking intolerable.

There is a high chance they look like the following:
>snapback hat
>probably vape (even though you said they don't)
>either a retarded Monster stickers brobro, or a retarded para-hipster quasi-bro with Supreme and Illest stickers with stupid neon wheels

Who fucking cares if they don't like you? Do some sik mawdz and blow them the fuck out when they meme about your car being shit.*

*do this on the track of course which they probably never go to anyway

Do it OP, get a Ram Air Trans Am just like in your pic with the LS engine if you can and fucking smoke those vaping subarus

I haven't met a whole lot of the dudes, just like 3, one of them being my coworker, but those 3 are alright. The one dude that vapes is big motherfucker though, and he's got a raised Subaru outback just covered in stickers, it's pretty ridiculous honestly, but I know he's different from all the other guys since he takes his subaru up mountains and shit the other two seem to fit the bill though snapbacks and always on snapchat and shit

Does the snapchatfag post shit like "stance makes em dance" or any other stupid shit like that?

Car guys are a dying breed, you should just get what you want and befriend them.

You might get some shit, but most likely it will all be on good terms.

So basically say fuck it and get the trans am and run with it, granted right now I don't think I will it's more a long term dream right now

>so I was wondering on where I would stand with these dudes
You could bully them all at the stoplights. The STi would outhandle you but anything else is mincemeat.

In terms of exterior mods, what could you even do to a trans am besides adding a front/rear end splitter?

Fat tires. Maybe a firechicken. Anything else including the splitter will look stupid.

You guys are both stupid there's a base model firebird with a v8, I know because I own one.

And also op don't get an 80s fbody unless your gonna mod the fuck out of it. They're absolute garbage otherwise, 120 horsepower 5.0L cuck v8s with weak 700r4 transmission and tons of smog bullshit. Mod the fuck out of it like engine swap it, or save up and get an LS1 newer trans am, or an older one with a 350 swap or 454 with a 4 barrel carb a nice cam and valve job and no smog shit.

Also op if your in California I'm trying get rid of pic related. It's probably got a bent rod or something it clunks and shit and I'm tired of it.

OP is a faggot

First and foremost you should ALWAYS get what you want. You'll be the one driving it, so if other people don't like it they can fly a kite.

Secondly, if they ridicule you for what you like, then they're dicks and you're better off not being involved with them. Banter is to be expected, but you'll know the difference.

I got a 94 Firebird Formula while my friends all own Subarus and a few Celicas with one Lnacer Evo XI in there too. While they initially laughed at my V8 compared to their smaller engines with turbos, they still helped me and accepted me.

But some others are not as accepting. Local car show had a bunch of Subros bitching about me being parked near my friends' cars.

Who gives a fuck? You are looking at spending 8-10k, get what YOU want.

That said, don't bother with V6 models. That's not a matter of opinion, you are wasting your time and money if you are t getting a muscle car with the V8 option

I'm in Washington right now, and making that kinda drive to maybe pick up a car is a little much for me

my buddy had a third gen camaro. it was the ugliest damn thing i have ever seen. he bought an ugly beat up shell with a blown 305 an a t56 for 500. found a 350 in a junkyard and rebuilt it with vortec heads, rpm air gap intake, a 4 barrel, long tubes, and a summit cam. Rebuilt the 5 speed with some decent parts. did the bodywork with spray paint and a grinder. the interior was 2 bucket seats, gauges and bare sheet metal. the passenger side handle was vice grips clamped on to a busted stub. 10 inch wide tires and 3.75 gears out back that thing cost like $3,000 total and would rape the shit out of any ricer or subi fag brave enough to challenge him. It didn't turn very well though.

>so I was wondering on where I would stand with these dudes being the only one with an American car

You would stand a few hundred yards in front of them with the proper mods on an LS V8.

This. Get the pig face and shit on their faces with it.

This guy knows what he's talking about. Either LS swap it or drop a built 383 into it. The rear end's pretty weak too.