how can somebody justify this shit

losangeles.craigslist.org/lac/cto/5839968561.html how can somebody justify this shit.

Other urls found in this thread:

hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/porsche/911t/1823465.html#&gid=1&pid=4
suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=231598975&sortOption.sortBy=specifics.firstRegistration&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&scopeId=C&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1970-12-31&makeModelVariant1.makeId=20100&makeModelVariant1.modelId=3&pageNumber=1
reno.craigslist.org/cto/5872281039.html
classiccars.com/listings/find/1966-1968/porsche/911
ebay.com/itm/1966-Porsche-911-/272442526891?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f6ed70cab:g:KGoAAOSwKOJYIeT0&item=272442526891
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

One can *ask* for any amount they want...

>$26,500.00

It'll buff right out. That's just surface rust.

$26k is practically free for this. In fact, if I was in LA right now, I'd go buy it for $1000 more than the guy's asking just to make sure nobody else got it.

Yeah you could sell your pristine wrx for it...oh wait.

You know some california vapelord would pay $10000 for it :)

When cars get in the six figures, it's basically worth rebuilding every single part for them.

You're basically buying the vin.

how much would it cost to buy every single part and fix all that fucking rust or lack of rust. would it really be worth it?

To do it right would easily get to about 80-120k depending on how anal you get about it

Not sure if joking but I'm a Porsche guy. That will sell for that price no problem.

Or 800k if u take it to Singer. At that point you just doubled ur money if Singer will even take your money.

>Or 800k if u take it to Singer.
That's not really restoring a car, that's building an entire car with the vin from a previous car

So you're telling me I could buy an irredeemable basket case for the same price as a clapped-out-but-still-savable project? Amazing! What a deal!

hemmings.com/classifieds/dealer/porsche/911t/1823465.html#&gid=1&pid=4

lmao, this dumb faggot must be a subaru guy, and priced it by subaru guidelines.

here's a life pro tip:
>used subaru's are trash and they are not worth 1/2 of their asking price

>Condition: Fair

I lost it

boomers jerking each other off and then they find the internet. I'm sure it would get destroyed by anything made in the past 20 years, and then it won't even be fun to drive. but muh value and boomer pride right. muh Ks, muh boomers, muh classic

you're an idiot if you don't think a 60's 911 isn't worth more than your shitbox toyabaru. even one in a fucked condition

Can you find a cheaper 1965/1966 911?

suchen.mobile.de/fahrzeuge/details.html?id=231598975&sortOption.sortBy=specifics.firstRegistration&sortOption.sortOrder=ASCENDING&isSearchRequest=true&damageUnrepaired=NO_DAMAGE_UNREPAIRED&scopeId=C&maxFirstRegistrationDate=1970-12-31&makeModelVariant1.makeId=20100&makeModelVariant1.modelId=3&pageNumber=1

>Rusted floor
>Surface rust
>missing parts
>No engine
>$26,500 USD
Absolutely why?

rat german look 911 :^)

Witnessed.

I'd love to buy an air-cooled 911 to restore, but not at I KNOW WHAT I GOT prices.

Are early 911s worth that much more than those of the 70s and 80s? You can get a decent SC for that price.

>paint code

>reno.craigslist.org/cto/5872281039.html
$800
Would you Veeky Forums?
Is this normal? I'm from California, don't really see deals like this. Going out to Reno for 11 days.

>needs cat
radiator's blown, probably will end up having a warped block as well
do not do it unless you really love that car and intend to put work into it, cats do not just blow out of nowhere something is very wrong with that car

boomers jerk off for 30+ years and say so

gonna go start a business to make kit cars and put all fake vin numbers in them to capitalize. they're all too old to know the difference even if it was side by side. also if something is this old, nobody's around to authenticate it, so which one is real? also my kit car would be better than you remember because it would be based off of a 1995 civic which would be faster

there is no fucking floor

I live in Reno, we don't need more of you commiefornians here. Please don't come user.

Also
>$800
Somebody needs meth money

That car will make you very poor.

I honestly think that cunt would bend in half just getting close to the trailer. I've welded a lot of shitty condition old cars, and that one looks like it needs everything from the wheel arches down cut out (well, what there is left of it anyway). I like these cars, but its pretty much beyond saving at this point :(

If it's historically significant (investigate the VIN), you could always contact Porsche. They are interested in such things, but it needs to be worth their time.

YOURE NOT PAYING FOR THE RUSTED SHITBOX, YOURE PAYING FOR THE CLEAN VIN

VINs aren't worth the metal they're printed on if the car is two years away from being 100% rust.
>but muh building a clear car on it

This is the most retarded thing people have ever done.

>pay 25k for a lump of rust no drivetrain no interior no fucking floorpan
>spend about 50k more and get one of the cheaper 911s here

this shit aint logical

classiccars.com/listings/find/1966-1968/porsche/911

I could sell my old Pontiac Grand Prix for two or three times that price. Something is wrong with it

>YOU'RE PAYING FOR A NUMBER
again boomers jerking off, you can't really win this one.

please explain

t. boomer

This sort of thing is how LPG's infamous "classic" trade-in stories start.

>shows up with shell and no engine, or anything else inside
>"muh classic"
>...s-scrap value...
>SCRAP? MUH VIN, MUH SHELL, MUH CLASSIC, MUH BOOMERS
>Where'd you come up with this $26,500 number?
>...other boomers say so...

Only if you really want a project vehicle.

vin swapping is a thing

>Paying $26,500 to commit a felony

>paying $26,500 to clear your stolen/salvaged porsche

>Not sure if joking but I'm a Porsche guy. That will sell for that price no problem

Kek, you're a Porsche guy that knows nothing then. Here's a pristine 66' for 70k.

ebay.com/itm/1966-Porsche-911-/272442526891?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3f6ed70cab:g:KGoAAOSwKOJYIeT0&item=272442526891

It would take 100's of thousands of dollars to get that piece of shit back to this condition. It's literally worthless.