Pickup Truck Tires

Hey guys! Any good reccomendations for truck tires? I have a F150 STX and need some mildly inexpensive tires for all terrain. I've heard Cooper tires were good but haven't heard any praises. I'm currently using the standard tires from Discount Tire that they recommended. The right side of my car needs replacement tires. Would it be a good idea to just get new tires for the whole car or just order the tires I already have? Sorry for so many questions. Thank you.

Other urls found in this thread:

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain T/A KO
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My vote is for either Firestone Destination at or General Grabber at2. Both are good on and off paved road and neither will break the bank.

Nice tires mayne. Looks much better than the ones I got.

Coop Buckshot

The biggest bang for your buck tires in my opinion are Goodyear Wrangler Radial. Their fucking MSRP is sub $100 each. Altough there is a lot of hate for Goodyear, its no question that they make really good truck tires. Picked these up for $85 each.

are goodyear really meme tires?

I mean goodyear has an amazing track record. Been around for fucking ever. And invented vulcanized rubber, which is used in all tires today. They helped win many races and shit. So idk why everytime i bring up Goodyear (despite me thinking theyre an amazing brand) Goodyear haters crawl out of the woodeork

I'd put a new set on if at all possible.

That said, how do you drive and where? Off road yet daily asphalt pounding required? How much rain are you going to see. I can't even begin to help with this basic information. I have put 5 different sets on my trucks over the years as I pull a shit ton of mileage but they always see off road time to some degree. I'd love to help but you gotta give us more

I recently put Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires on my Jeep and they've been pretty good all around.

I think he wants tires not shotgun ammo

Cooper Adventurer I think it's called. I think they also double as snow tyres, too.

Wrangler DuraTrac is always a good bet, too. Very plentiful and good on gas (okay in the winter). They also match my Ferd's Duratrec engine, hehe :E

I don't like the way they look. Reminds me of the GTA San Andreas "off road" tyres they had. But very good price on them (how come I can't find these for $85?!)
And on the topic of Goodyear,
Good trackrecord as mentioned. A few mistakes here and there. Some quality issue management but to be expected with large companies that spend most of their money on zeppelins instead of tyres (fubb!).

I meant to say Co-op Grip Spur.
Tall and skinny, just how I like em.

They're hard wearing too, and make a hell of a noise.

Some people call them buckshots.
Completely different from the gay Maxxis Buckshits.

tirerack.com/tires/tires.jsp?tireMake=BFGoodrich&tireModel=All-Terrain T/A KO

BFG KO1's, or KO2's I suppose.

I've been running 33x16.5x12.5 KO1's on my 3/4 ton chevy for like 15 years now, everything from DD to hauling loads (even 2400lbs worth of bricks and sand before) and some offroading, love em.
>Yes they're slightly more expensive but it's not bad for what they are, and I fucking love them

Buddy of mine runs 33" KO2's on his jeep he takes up into the mountains and he likes them too.

Are tires really that important though?

I have never bought new tires.

If your wheels are a standard size, you can go to a tire shop and get a set of used ones.

When people put larger wheels on their car they usually go for low profile tires.
They have no need for their old tires so they sell them to the tire shop.

I've bought almost brand new tires for €20 a tire, and that included fitting.

Oh I totally forgot about those things. I remember them to have horrible gas mileage if you do a decent amount of city dribing? They look fucking amazing for forest crawling, though.

Nice cow catcher. Would use those for highway protesters /10

>the first point of contact
>first thing to give your vehicle a suspension
>most important part of breaking in non-dry conditions
Yes, user. Yes!!

Do you throw your tires away after a few hundred kms?

Because thats how old the last used set I got were.

Tires are THE MOST important consideration for a rig.

That said here are the tires I am familiar with personally.

Goodyear Wrangler Duratracs are excellent all arounders. They maintain excellent wet traction throughout their life

Goodyear wrangler all terrain adventure are good for gravel and dirt road use but not particularly good in slick clay mud. They are superb on asphalt and very good for heavy trailer hauling. They are pretty quiet for a truck Tire.

BFGoodrich KO and KO2 are okay tires with a definite off road bias. Ultimately I took both off of my truck with well over 8/32nds tread depth (15k miles) left because both suffered significant wet asphalt traction... to the point of what I'd considered near line dangerous with my rig that has a fully functional limited slip rear differential: snap oversteer with sane power being applied through corners. Given their cost and performance, I can't recommend either. I bought each set on glowing Internet forum reviews. Here and now I am warning you away from them. The Duratracs are a far better do-all Tire

General grabber at2 are a step down from the Duratracs on road and trailering, about equal off road. I haven't done much trailering on them and for the money they are a solid buy.

>not putting whites out
cmon man

> Gets dirty and gross after like 5 miles
No thanks compadre

I currently have Hankook Dynapro on all my trucks. $800- $1000 a set but good all terrain tires that should last at least 40k miles.
Before that I had the cheaper Firestone Destinations. They're OK, especially if they have a deal going. Should be able to be had for about $500- $600.

If you're broke you can look on Craigslist for a good set of used tires. Make sure they're the same rim size! The other sizes, width and sidewall, are less important but should be close to what you had. Check all four tires for wear in at least 2 or 3 spots. A lot of times on a RWD truck the back right tire will be the most worn if the owner hasn't been rotating the tires.

If your tires, like OP, are worn on one side of the car they should probably all be replaced. If your back tires are worn but front are good you can just replace the back, then after 5k miles or so get them rotated.