/gsg/ - Grand Strategy General

We don't have an official steam or discord group. If anyone posts in the thread about any "official" or not steam or discord groups, promising MP or not, be sure it's a shitposter group known for organizing raids and shitposting in the thread. They are known for false-flagging.
Report and ignore it.

How fares your empire, /gsg/?

This day in history, November 29th:
903 – The Abbasid army under Muhammad ibn Sulayman al-Katib deals a crushing defeat to the Qarmatians at the Battle of Hama.
1394 – The Korean king Yi Seong-gye, founder of the Joseon dynasty, moves the capital from Kaesŏng to Hanyang, today known as Seoul.
1781 – The crew of the British slave ship Zong murders 133 Africans by dumping them into the sea to claim insurance.
1830 – November Uprising: An armed rebellion against Russia's rule in Poland begins.
1890 – The Meiji Constitution goes into effect in Japan, and the first Diet convenes.

>News
EU4 DD 15/11
forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/eu4-development-diary-15th-of-november-2016.982588

>Random Country Picker
randomcountry.gbasood.net/

# Archive (mods only)
mega.nz/#F!plMxFYTB!sn9MTrvJ0tYjWSHgM8CZow

#Where to get these games
hastebin.com/raw/moqugasume

# Mods
>> READ THIS FIRST.
pastebin.com/cCdcev76

>>[HoI4] - More Music Mod
mega.nz/#F!v5wXURpJ!TvoBinBVQWJbaYJsluyoFA

>>[HoI4] - Après Moi, Le Déluge
moddb.com/mods/apres-moi-le-deluge

>>[CK2] - user Music Mod
mega.nz/#!TVA2RByJ!tuh0k4SR5gXPLtmxsMd4KZ0at9gY5s5_oV70ui8A4B0

>>[EU4] - Expensive Warfare Mod 1.0
pastebin.com/gThqFi54

>>[CK2] - After The End
github.com/notalbanian/postapoc

>>[V2] - Historical Project Mod 0.3.6 - 27/11/2016
pastebin.com/66gpxbKk

>>[V2] - Napoleon's Legacy v0.3.1.7
pastebin.com/sN1g69sr

>>[V2] Alternative Flag Pack V9
pastebin.com/PRQH8vcV

Old Thread

Other urls found in this thread:

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/564050
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Reminder to report and ignore shitposting.

Based

Third for new CK2 DLC WHEN

4th for reedit

t. reed

That's a trade posts map.

>november 29th
sorry kiddo you got btfo
this thread doesn't look very Proper
sage'd

hopefully never

>wanting more DLC

There's already a new thread
Also, what he said

Yeah, this one.

New HPM WHEN?

Another /gsg/ succession war when

It was released a few days ago nigga.

that's the one that was made first

>get better thread
>still post in this autistic shithole
You deserve the state this general is in

Shit I'm retarded.

Doesn't have the infopic though.

So what's the go to eu4 mod these days?

M&T is pretty popular but I think it's slow and I personally don't like it. I think EFE is the next big one..

Voltaire's nightmare

What's wrong with it? No

Where do you think we are?

Not him but it's pretty bloated. The map is the worst offender.

how do u invade briatin in kaiserich

too many garison

No meme answer.*

Air bombardment, marines, lots of people.

Draw an arrow to London.

Can anyone please post a link if there's still one that works?

forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/564050

Bloat doesn't exist. Kill you'reself, poorfag.

t. gigau

What nation

Only link leads to a dead gamefront link.
It's dead.

They don't even think about optimization do they?

dang I was afraid of that. thanks for checking anyway

Try looking for it somewhere else. Should exist someplace, right?

No problem.

Airborne assault on Hull.

EU3 stuff is really hard to find, at least for me. Anything on Google mainly brings up EU4 results and most EU3 results are old forum stuff I can't access. It doesn't seem like a big mod that the maker would upload to various places aside from the forums

t. Hitler

Why would he upload to gamefront anyway?

Sorry but there was only that link. He did say people could use it wherever they wanted so maybe it's in another mod?

Wasn't there an effort by some company go upload all files to a site some time ago

The problem doesn't lay with the mod, it lays with the engine itself.

What's a fun nation in EU4? Preferably something small.

Watch some paracucks apologists sperg out on how using multiple cores on gaming is literally impossible even if that was proven wrong long ago.

It lays with the mod, if you stuff your mod full of random shit there's no game that can handle it.

Uninstallandia

mediafire and mega are really the only sites I find that retain links for a decent amount of time.

If some other mod has it integrated into it then I wouldn't know what exactly it changed by itself, which is what I was hoping to find. Comparing the modded files and the vanilla files to see what really changed. I can't really do that as well with another mod that has it integrated.

t. guy who doesn't understand multicoring and that the game is multicore

>full of random shit

it's all necessary for a more interesting game

fuck off, bloatfag

Granada

>random saharan provinces make a more interesting game

t. SWMH devs

You have to admit M&T is filled with bloat.

>have one core handle only audio, have the other core handle everything that isn't audio
>lol dat b multicawr

The Clausewitz engine has been around forever, surely it's time they developed a new one for their games going forward. AFAIK they're not working on any new GS games super seriously right now, what with HOI4 just being released and having explicitly said there'll be at least a few more DLC for EU4 and CK2 yet. This is a good opportunity to develop a more modern game engine.

You are fucked then.
Maybe you can beg Wiz in the forums. It's kinda sad how we already see information getting lost in the internet.

HIP/SWMH is based, M&T is based, any mod that adds more provinces is based

the more the merrier

Doesn't sound very profitable

Just proved my point.
Doesn't understand multicoring at all.

You are going to love the next ck2 dlc then

okay, i admit that i wasn't specific enough

"Any mod that adds more provinces my splitting up existing provinces to allow for more smaller divisions is based."

All these mods just add more province though, it's the same fucking thing as basically adding China to the game.

The only reason this would be the case is if they felt that the current engine is sufficient for their needs going forward.

This.

Constantly developing a new engine isn't profitable at all. Best way is do what they do, to make specific improvements for new games.

That's not true, long-term investments can pay off. The only reason they wouldn't make one is if the investment isn't sound; ie if the new engine is not a significant improvement over the old one.

This thread is pretty good tho
Summer was horrible but this one specifically is comfy as fuck

Don't jinx it.

Yeah it's a shame. I suppose I can figure something out. Is there at least a descriptor of what he changed or what the mod does? Like how it goes about making smarter wars? If you or whomever can take a screen of the OP post I would appreciate it

A game is a long term investment, an engine is just a base.
Their engine handle their games just fine, only case they don't handle it is when modders bloat their shit to death and there's literally no reason to do new engines because of retarded modders.

Gimme someone fun to play as in HPM. I love events and reading.

This is basically what's in the page.

Japan or Russia.

Top: EU4 with M&T at speed 5.
Bottom: Warship Gunner 2 on PCSX2 with the framerate limiter turned off.

>lawl paradox can do no wrong xddd

Argentina

>literally doesn't understand how multicoring works
>comparing CPU-heavy games to emulators

>On the subject of versions we typically increase the version when it becomes too much work to keep a released project up to date with the constantly evolving Clausewitz engine. Oh and Europa Universalis IV is powered by Clausewitz III

You're probably right though, the investment won't be worth it for a few more years yet. There aren't any super major flaws in the engine other than its lack of optimisation.

>lack of optimisation.
[citation needed]

>get BTFO twice
>still tries to save face

>he hasn't played a Paradox game past early-game
>he hasn't spoken to anyone who has

Shit like unreal engine takes even more time for new versions and is constantly outsourced

Oh okay this kinda makes sense. Thanks a lot for the help

You are just embarrassing yourself with your ignorance of the subject.

They run pretty well tho

@161513864
You're clearly just fishing for (you)s or trying to damage control your awful job.

>inb4 bloat with taxes apologists bitch about their bloatmod

yes but china is irrelevent

Let's stop here

>biggest and most influential empire for most of its existence
>irrelevant

Reload any save from the last 10 years of any Paradox game, put it on full speed, and watch the clock tick by.

Then start a new game and do the same thing.

It always shocks me when I finish an old campaign and start a new one and I'm playing at double speed.

if you have like 200k levies in ck2 and you have a civil war you will play at 5 fps

The new games run better. Take off the nostalgia googles

irrelevant to Crusader Kings and represented acceptably through events

Same thing can be said about more provinces.

HOI4 runs a bit better because it doesn't have to keep track of very much, it only runs for a max of 14 years. But even HOI4 slows down a lot lategame. EU4 and CK2 do the same thing.

Do you lads think r&i got in?

Same thing happened in the old games.

What's a fun country to WE WUZ as in vic2?
releaseables are ok

White

Paradox has used the Clausewitz engine for every GS for a decade.