On parents insurance with progressive since 2008

>on parents insurance with progressive since 2008
>move away so I have to get my own policy
>fill out the paperwork online
>they run a VIN check
>oops we found a windshield chip claim from two years ago you didnt report :^) that will be 60$ extra on your payments
>call progressive to complain
>sorry our report searcher penalizes you if you don't tell us claims up front, too bad you're an 8 year member, we didnt pull your claims from our records earlier. better luck next time.

fuck progressive. whats a better insurance company?

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15404045
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15765825#p15765825
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15406966/looks-like-oil-change-companies-sell
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

AAA, its kinda expensive though.
My dad has had AAA for 20+ years so i know theyre good.

Ive been waiting for my ghetto Freeway Insurance plan to be over so i can switch to AAA.
Probably gonna take care of that today.

If you or your parents are military/veterans USAA is pretty much the way to go...

There's no such thing as good insurance.
Insurance is a scam by necessity.
Any payment they give out needs to be made up as many times over as possible.
They're not a zero sum game, they're a running functioning business with costs in a real living economy.
It's not a magical pot of money somewhere to be handed out like candy.

Good troll bro, please tell me more about how taxing it is on you to troll this hard

What state are you in? I've heard of adjustments when past offenses are found but not extra penalties because you don't keep a diary.

Just get a aaa policy already and stop paying freeway. Boom, no wait time.

So you self inside with a bond?

I'm in Illinois, but the claims were filed in Ohio. The lady on the phone with progressive said basically 'drivers who report their claims earlier in the process are considered safter and more honest drivers, and those whose claims are found after doing a VIN check get penalized for not being honest'

Its bullshit because these claims were filed with progressive, yet they didnt know I had an existing policy with them. And all she could say was try again in a few months.

fuck that noise.
Use one of them multi comparision website thingys.

Anyone ever use those pay per mile companies? Due to school I drive maybe 20 miles a week tops. But I do drive long distances to see family every few months

Got a quote from one, their base rate was more than what I currently pay

Those suck. The rates never match and you get an assload of calls. You're better off calling around.

>Any payment they give out needs to be made up as many times over as possible.
If you look at GEICO, it is a fantastic huge money maker. It is owned by Berkshire Hathaway (Warren Buffett). He's often talked about its huge earnings and used them to buy other companies.

>Insurance is a scam by necessity.
Some insurance companies are more jew than others such as GEICO. It's formula for success is to skim off the cream from other insurance companies. Those are the people who don't have accidents. That leaves the less profitable ones to the competitors which drives them downwards. Geico has to keep holding on to those with accidents due to insurance laws, but it does what it can to discourage them from staying if it thinks there may be another accident coming.

On the other hand, State Farm is more community-minded about insurance. Rather than jewishly treat policy holders as pure income sources, it shares more of the risk. Its profits are lower, but it is more community-minded (not that anyone cares). Sure, it will drop problem cases too, but there are lots of other users who can get insurance with state farm that don't get a good rate with cream-skimming GEICO which doesn't care as much about a community of policy holders.

Progressive is more of a risk taking company. It resells a lot and that played a part in it buying up eSurance (and its hot mascot Erin). Instead of Erin, we now have Flo from Progressive. Progressive also sells policies to bigger insurance companies such as Pemco. The bigger companies often accept new clients by reselling a progressive policy to them. After the client proves they are accident free or don't have a fraud claim (they damaged an uninsured car and then bought a policy so that they could then make a fake claim a month later for that damaged car). By having a washout period of a year, that eliminates those bad policy holders.

Progressive benefits since those policy holders are new and might continue.

The General sucked ass, You payed the first payment and then they sent you cancellation notices the day your next bill cycle goes into effect and all that month like fuck no you're not going to get me to pay before it's due

I'd pay a little more than my last policy if it meant they weren't such dicks to me

>8 plus year comprehensive coverage policy owner with progressive
> One speeding ticket from about 2 years ago that is just about to drop off my record
> Get tboned at an intersection
> Other guy is completely chill, and admits all fault
> Other insurance company accepts 100% of liability
> Progressive pays nothing
> Get policy renewal notice
> rates increased by $20 due to being hit
> "accident free discount" is still applied to my account
> Call progressive to bitch "Well sir, people who have comprehensive coverage and are involved in a not at fault accident are more likely to file a claim at some point in the future, suck it"

>call progressive to complain
>sorry our report searcher penalizes you if you don't tell us claims up front

People use technicalities against insurance companies. So why can't they do it back? It's in the contract (aka policy). Policies typically say that you are to report all incidents to them so that they know how accident prone you actually are. Otherwise, you might fool them into having a false sense of security. Fooling people is bad, right? Do you like being fooled by someone taking money from you?

Progressive also has options to reduce your costs, but those are usually no good. In return for possible decrease in costs, you give them permission (forever, as there is no permission revocation) to use driving data that your car already sends home to bmw, fca, GM, honda, kia, lexus, and a few other companies. They determine your risk using that. Panic braking drastically increases your rates each time you do it. So don't get into situations where you have to slam your brakes. Activating traction control by hooning also appears in OBD2 data. And riskier drivers use their car between 12 AM and 4 AM, so if you do that, your rates go up.

Thread with Progressive Info and Driving Data:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15404045

Insurance Companies Monitoring Driving Data:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15765825#p15765825

Other sources of car data that Insurance companies use:
archive.4plebs.org/o/thread/15406966/looks-like-oil-change-companies-sell

Eventually, the insurance lobbyists will try to get Congress to change the privacy laws. That will let insurance companies get your OBD2 and GPS driving data without your permission. If you see that happening, be sure to write your Congressman to say NO. Because if you don't care, then it will happen.

I understand being honest about prior incidents, however I did not consider having a small chip in my windshield as a "prior accident to your vehicle"

> be adult out from mommy's basement
> get fucked by insurance

Welcome to the real world.

I prefer to have an agent that I like but farmers is expensive as shit in some places, and in others my agents have been absolute shit. They don't like to let you switch agents either. Also combine your renters and car insurance, regardless of who you insure with.

> Have progressive
> have custom made $3000 aluminum truck cap
> caught in hail storm in Colorado
> covered truck
> sorry user total aftermarket accessories are capped at $500

expensive lesson

Windshields are what 250-300? Small shit like that is almost never worth submitting a claim for.

So you could say you cap, was over the cap.

Yeah I'm on tripple A as well, the member DMV is super tits.

>Own multiple shitboxes
>All are hilariously unreliable
>Poorfag but cars are so shit I can't sell them
>Can only afford one policy, sort of surf between cars as they break and I fix them
>Phone up to change car again
>>"Oh I'm sorry Mr user we can't change your policy again without a claim as you've already changed vehicle 4 times this year"
>>"Also we're increasing your premium by £30/month because you made multiple inquires about changing vehicle again"
>Complain to manager
>He literally repeats the exact same thing again
>Call him a flaming cunt, and that I hope he dies of aids
>Get email requesting feedback
>Write nigger 20 times then send it back
>Currently waiting for a radiator so I can drive my currently insured shitbox

I can't wait until the policy expires in March and I can shove a broken Hyundai up Sainsburys arse

If you're military, just go with USAA for everything. Literally the only positive part of enlisting is access to all USAA services.

I've got insurance through a small private company, but it's tied in with my corporate liability policies, and a bunch of other stuff, so I don't have to deal with 90% of the bullshit commonly associated with car insurance. My car premiums are a drop in the ocean compared to everything else, so they don't even really look at it since I've never been at fault.

Even so, if I was military I'd probably still consider USAA.

you probably could have financed a Mustang gt with all the money you put in shitbox