Holding clutch in at stoplights

>holding clutch in at stoplights

Other urls found in this thread:

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwi5l6WcpKTQAhUnjlQKHSWMBIsQwqsBCEAwCQ&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=kc7icQhoQAaenxcftV1Mug
twitter.com/AnonBabble

RIP bearings

>guy in front of me stops 5 meters before stop lights
>waits 5 seconds
>moves 1 meter forward
>waits 5 seconds
>moves 1 meter forward
>waits 5 seconds
>...
WHY THE FUCK CAN'T YOU JUST FUCKING STOP AND STAY THERE YOU STUPID FUCKING CUNT

Also
>holding brakes at stop lights for no reazon in a manual car
>taking 3 seconds to start driving after light goes green
>being first at stop lights and taking forever to accelerate to speed limit

Fuck me since moving to a bigger city I discovered that people are actually worse drivers than I thought they were

>>holding brakes at stop lights for no reazon in a manual car

uhm,

otherwise you'll roll.

I'm so lazy I almost always shift to neutral. I mean, the labor of shifting is not as hard as labor of holding.

I think no reason implied that there's no incline. I dunno, my city is completely flat, handbrake is unnecessary even for parking the car in most of the places.

Literally why

I fucking hate it when people hesitate at green lights. You put in gear when the other light turns yellow.... If your worried about wearing out your precious clutch drive a fucking automatic.

.... how practical

No road is completely flat, rolling occurs. Something to watch out for in bumper to bumper traffic.

so what do you just put it in netural and hold the brake or ?

You'd have to hold the brake either way, you mong

Holding doesn't wear out the clutch. It wears out the bearings (not that noticeably anyway). Pressing the clutch in/out wears out the clutch.

Shift to neutral when you know you need to stop.

I do.

Start stop system etc.

>Not being ready to move off

Am I the only one who puts his brake up at the stop?
My car is manual

You're utterly retarded.

Probably, that's pretty fucking stupid. Do you WANT to get rear ended or something?

Why would you use your brake on a flat surface? Why would you let your car roll down a bit when starting uphill? Don't you use your hand brake ever? Can you even drive a manual car properly?

suck my pink asshole you smug cunt

Is it okay to hold the clutch if you put in neutral?

>2016
>Not realizing that the clutch is a wear item

Huh. Good job, OP. Instead of causing manucucks / autotragic fighting, you managed to do some
>ITT manual driber infighting

The argument is is that it wears out the throwout bearing just sitting there holding the clutch in.

this

Yeah but how long does the throwout bearing last holding it in vs leaving it in neutral? Instead of replacing it at 120k miles you have to do it at 110k miles? Is the difference even worth it?

It is worth it because you don't lose anything by not holding the clutch.

>Holding doesn't wear out the clutch.

Veeky Forumstarded

> driving in Indiana behind some ghetto shitbox
> come to stop sign
> bitch stops, shifts into park, shifts into drive, goes
> another stop sign
> bitch stops, shifts into park, shifts into drive, goes
> follow through five more stops
> bitch stops, shifts into park, shifts into drive, goes at every one

True story

But he's correct. Slipping the clutch wears it out.

SOME CARS DONT HAVE HANDBRAKES FAGGOT GOD DAMN FUCKING KILL YOURSELF IGNORANT FUCK

Retarded

google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rct=j&url=#&ved=0ahUKEwi5l6WcpKTQAhUnjlQKHSWMBIsQwqsBCEAwCQ&usg=AFQjCNF1sHlk2z9QIx28jtvfnGP_UlkifA&sig2=kc7icQhoQAaenxcftV1Mug

Give me examples

>user in charge of URLs

So people know you are braked and don't ram into you, faggot

2011 grand Cherokee
2010 Tacoma
2005 Ford E350

Oh that's right I don't own cars...

This is what I do

c7 corvette

Cool so I guess there's like 10 shitty american cars that don't have handbrakes.
Are people in the western world that fucking retarded? You can't see if someone has stopped if they don't have their brake lights on? You can't see the huge red light hanging above the street telling you to stop?

Veeky Forums in charge of autismal driving scenarios

> you don't have a car do you

I do this on my bike sometimes. No sense in going out of gear for a light that's about to turn green.

> on bike
> ever going into neutral at a stop

ISHYFD

>Why would you use your brake on a flat surface?

Because most road surfaces aren't flat.

Also,
>get rear ended
>now you'll plow into the car in front of you
>...or into a busy intersection

learning stick. at what point are you burning the clutch? Still trying to figure out the friction point of my car, but I feel like I slip a tiny bit of throttle for too long while holding it there, then release.

Any time it is between fully depressed or let go, you are "burning" the crotch.
Any time it is fully depressed, throwout bearings get slightly worn. For safety's sake, keep it more depressed to make you comfortable. As you get more and more comfortable, try to have it fully engaged as often as possible.

Then try shifting without the crotch!

>implying I'd get rear ended
Because people don't pay attention when they are driving right?
Besides I release it before the light changes regardless

kys busrider

the ability to take off quickly

>part is literally called a throwout bearing
>people are scared of it needing replaced slightly sooner

clutches are literally designed to slip. That's why they use friction plates instead of locking splines. Don't worry about it. You're not going to hurt it unless you're continuously letting it slip at a high RPM difference.

Or if you were like the um, mentally challenged teens of my youth, who knew you were driving a stick, knew you were out of gear and could tell by the brake lights that your brakes weren't applied - roll up behind you until they touched your bumper and then start pushing you forward into traffic...

Like I said, young and dumb. Why they charge you stupid youngsters so much for insurance, especially on cars that have any power at all...

Go to parking lot
Clutch in, 1st gear
Start without touching gas pedal
> repeat 1000

> thinks it's called throwout bearing because you're supposed to throw it away when you're done

> facepalm.mp4

I'll take that over the guy who sees yellow from a mile away and instantly starts braking to the point where he actually has to accelerate again because he's decelerated so far from the light.

>every single prius driver in seattle.

And I'm assuming every other major city.

Two things you don't want to be stuck behind in seattle, a "peaceful protest" and a prius.

>don't brake with the brakes! it wears the brakes out
>don't change gear! It wears the gears out
>don't accelerate with the engine! It wears the engine out
>don't close the door! It wears the door catch out
>don't drive with the lights on! It wears the bulbs out
>don't sit on the seats! It wears the seats out
>don't drive on the road! It wears the tires out
>don't steer for the corner! It wears the steering out

Jesus, I had a lot to vent!
Great thread OP.

>Are people in the western world that fucking retarded?
Yes.

None of those are wrong though.

>don't use the clutch! It wears the clutch out

what? what do they even teach in burgerland? just switch to neutral if you have to stop

do you think TayTay shifts into Neutral at stoplights?

Dont use your keyboard, it wears it out.