Hello Veeky Forums

Hello Veeky Forums

Are you guys manly enough to change your own oil or do you finance the jew mechanics shop?

I tried once but my skirt got caught in the creeper, won't make that mistake again, some things are better left to the professionals

>skirt
Fuck off faggot.

i have never owned a vehicle shitty enough to haul used oil to the kike disposal station like some kind of fucking faggot

I change my oil for free

You're an idiot.

Thank god Hillary didn't win or they would be dropping the b&hammer.

>buy my own oil
>tell guys at shop to use it
>they change my oil for 10 bucks
>job is done in a couple minutes

Worth it

What do I do with the old oil, I just throw it in the trash

Fill up old milk jugs and drop them off by the nearest dumpster.

Hello Veeky Forums

Are you guys manly enough to do your own repairs or do you finance the jew mechanics shop?

I work at a valvoline so i get mine done for free. On the plus side i get to do it myself.

Yes, but I wasn't man enough to have all the right tools, so I had to go to a local workshop and borrow a filter cup from them...

This. All of this.

I was a professional technician, now an engineer, and I'll tell you right here and now: Simple items like oil changes aren't worth the time. Just go to a shop with your own oil, and pay them $10-20.

>not worth the time
>drive 15 minutes to the shop
>drive 15 minutes back

The drives there and back are already more wasted time and money than it would take you to change the oil.

Does your nametag say Christopher Uck?

What if I am one of the jews at the mechanics shop?

>15 minutes

Some of us actually live IN the city, hick. You usually pass a shop on the way back anyway.

>implying they don't use cheap dino squeezin's and sell your good oil for meth.

Doing your own on something 2012+ isn't really worth it. You have to take off 30 plastic panels to reach the filter mounted above the exhaust manifold that's ready to catch and burn all the oil that dribbles down. no thx.

I live in the city, not a single shop on the way to work, shops are located on the outskirts where they put the drunks and meth-heads. I can change my oil in my garage or at my GF's yard faster than I can drive out to the shops.

Do you guys just make these stories up or do you live in a third world country? If a customer actually flagged me down and tried to give me $10 and a box of oil I would just laugh and walk away. I can't even imagine it even happening though.

To all these people paying shitty shop techs to change their oil because "it's not worth their time" or some shit. You believe that shit in the shop is doing a good job? I have seen way too many oversized drain plugs due to retarded techs stripping out the the threads and fucking shit up. Broken dipstick tubes. Most shops do a shitty fucking job.

Yes I change my own oil. It is worth it for my peace of mind and control over oil and filter selection. I do almost all the repair work on my vehicles as well (not body work). I do this because I do not trust most shops.

>A/C stops working
>Take to 3 different shops
>"shit's fucked son, $800 to replace compressor, dryer, etc."
>Diagnosed it myself. Only thing broken was the A/C clutch magnet.
>Fixed for $50. Never took that car to a shop again.

>Wife's car goes into shop for brakes (original owner bought transferable service warranty).
>Get car, parking brake stuck.
>Take back, still fucked.
>Get out repair manual, fix it my goddamn self.
Fucking dealerships...

I have more stories.

I did when I had a shitbox. I have a new car now so I have to go somewhere to get it done or my warranty is void.

pussy.

You have stories which SHOULD be familiar with all of us on Veeky Forums

same here
>work in a shop for class 8 trucks
>shop policy allows the people to bring in their own oil and filters for the change
>truckers bring in shit for cars
>they get butt hurt when i show them what viscosity the oil they need
>leave the car oil behind
done my wifes/mine/friends oil changes for free so far, got 70qts sitting around left behind so far.

I can see ghetto shops doing this.

SHOULD is the keyword. I'm sure you feel my pain.

We have a meme about how changing your own oil is a meme.

You can drop off used oil for free at any Autozone, Advance Auto, etc. you fucking troglodytes

>being so poor you can't afford a mechanic

>being so wealthy you miss out on all the joy and satisfaction of repairing and maintaining your own vehicle

>people get butthurt when you show them what viscosity they need

I use to love doing that when I was an oil changer at Walmart
Dumbfucks bringing in their BMW Mercedes and trying to use shitbox dinosaur oil

I work at Subaru so full synthetic for free for my Honda.
Also get free filters and cabin filters and oil and wiper inserts from my old Honda dealer I use to work at.
>feels good man

>have to warm up car for 10 mins
>awkwardly crane your neck to locate oil drain nut
>use heavy wrench to crack it loose
>have to keep your hand there long enough to unthread it entirely but get it out of the way fast enough to miss the hot flowing oil
>make sure not to get any oil drips on your garage floor
>wait 5 minutes to drain
>put the stupid nut back in
>have to use $80 torque wrench you bought to torque it correctly so autists on Veeky Forums dont freak out
>remove filter
>literally no rhyme or reason to the oil draining from this location so it gets everywhere and cant really be controlled
>put in new filter
>have to pour in new oil
>funnels aren't an exact science yet so you risk pouring more oil all over yourself or the ground
>meticulously check level and wait for it to settle and get absorbed in the filter. spend 15 mins getting this right.
>run the car a bit and check oil levels again
>if you're lucky, you might be done

vs

>pay wagecuck at jiffy lube $15 to do it and just giving them the synthetic oil you want to use

>>drive 15 minutes to the shop
>>drive 15 minutes back

Nah, no one has to drive 15 minutes for a fuckin shop

>jiffy lube
> $15
Where do you live?

>wait 5 mins for it to drain
An oil pan can empty it's contents excluding semi trucks in under a minute WTF are you even on about?

The rest of your statement makes me want to never change my oil myself ever again though.

>pay wagecuck at jiffy lube $15 to do it and just giving them the synthetic oil you want to use

Nope. The local Jiffylube is still over $100 USD for a full synth oil change whether you supply the oil or they do. That is the fixed price. It comes with the full synth oil, but you can decline theirs and substitute with yours. However, the fee still applies.

>Spending 50+ hours a week working on trucks for a living
>Some other pleb that makes less than me can fix my shit

Walmart does it. If you get the Pit Crew service (normally $19.88 + tax and the cost of the oil if it takes more than the included 5 quarts) but if you provide your own oil and filter it comes out to $8.49 for the labor.

I change my own oil since I can do it myself for $30 with full synthetic oil and a Wix filter, saving me a good chunk of change that I'd have to spend if I took it somewhere for full synthetic with a shit filter.

>take convention oil
>empty container
>put in synthetic
???
>profit

>paying 100 dollars for an oil change
>not just doing it yourself

you fucks are lazy

Don't get your oil changed at Walmart.

A lot of the TLE workers at the store I work at are lazy faggots and will probably leave your drain plug unbolted.

I do every other oil change myself. I do the others like that so I have records of oil changes to provide the next owner if/when I sell my car.

>justchangingthethermostat.jpg

It's in my jew contract with the dealer I get 3 free oil changes. After that I'll do my own

I do the oil myself, or I'll head over to a mates and change the oil in my car and his car. Gotta do the coolant soon too.

Some shit I'm more than happy to do in the driveway/shed, but the only fluids I will get changed by a shop are Diff and Trans fluids. Then again I have another mate who works at a shop so I just take it to him and get them done for mates rates, I supply the parts/fluids.

Pic related: Changed the oil and swapped out the sway bars for Whiteline ones.

Do you find theres a lag between when you press the accelerator and when it actuallt moves? And then you press it more and it fuckin launches

m8 diff and trans oil is just as easy (if not easier) than engine oil/coolant.

nice falcon though

Yeah, a little bit. It's not too much of a concern to me though.
Nice G6ET too.

>People pay my shop $99 to change their oil.
>Price includes labor, a filter, and 5 qts of oil.
>Each additional quart is $11 because Amsoil.
>Even if they supply their own oil/filter, it's still $99.
>Mfw I only get paid 10 of those 99 dollars.

Diff oil is easy enough, but I can't be fucked around with dropping the pan for the Trans (ZF with no drain plug)

What ZF tranny doesn't have a drain plug?

Its a split decision between me and me.

LMAO this happens so often. Where peoples AC 'goes out' and its just clutch gap that you can literally cram anything in there to get it to run correctly again.

I've checked every time I've been under the car and I'm certain mine doesn't.
No bolt, no hex screw at the back of it, nothing.
The pan needs to be dropped to do the filter anyways, so might as well kill 2 birds with one stone.

Dump it in your fuel tank

And if you did it yourself its 30 dollars and like an hour of your time MAX

Just suck it out through the dip stick.

Just dump it down the drain you retarded Pussy thank God Trump won

I do all my own repairs, and recently did my first ghetto alignment.

Last time I went for an alignment, the fuckers broke my tie rod, and then tried to charge me $150 to replace a $13 part. Told those fuckers to fuck right off, and leave my car in the lot. Came back in two days, swapped the tie rod, and had them do an alignment.
And then I had them refund me my lifetime alignment. Only got 50% back tho cause they did do one.

Never taking my car in for anything.

Drive to Wamart. Wait in line. Nigger-monkey spends time alone with my car. Pay him. Drive home. Time spent 90 minutes. Why would anyone ever do this?

>You're an idiot.
Pot, meet kettle.

1. You sound like a whiny pussy
2. That is the most miserable description of changing oil ever. D:
This is my oil change:

>Get home, car warm from driving
>Drive onto ramps
>Go inside, crack bottle cap loose
>Crane neck backwards to down gulp of beer
>Put on gloves so I don't burn myself like a fuckwad
>Loosen drain plug with normal wrench because I didn't hulk it down last time I changed the oil.
>Open drain
>Remove filter
>Screw on new filter
>Sit on porch/finish beer/chat with wife
>Replace nut
>Torque properly using shitty Harbor Freight $10 torque wrench
>Fill to fill line, not spilling oil like a spastic fucktard
>Check oil next morning. Top off.
>Check when arrived at destination, top off.
>Bask in the satisfaction of maintaining my vehicle myself and not paying some wagecuck to fuck my car up.

Easy. Plus a full synthetic change with filter on my car is $85 at any shop. Costs me $35 to do it myself for

Remind me again. Which hole does the oil go in?

I know you kid, but you don't need to remove anything but the front engine buffer and the bracket around it to remove the thermostat. Really easy to remove. Here I was realigning the door and installing a new washer fluid reservoir with headlight washers.

To do the belts you need to take off the bumper though, but even that's a quick job because the bolts are easily accessible.

My car has a 7 qt sump and I use Penn Platinum so I have to do it myself every 8000 miles.

Sorry but you and I both know that this never happened.

God it's like I sighted a unicorn. A dieselbro?

Who said anything about diesel?

The only people I know who do that run diesels. Granted they usually filter the old oil first.

I think he was being sarcastic. But fellow dieselbro here. I do not burn WMO though, do not have the money to get into that. If I did, I'd do a WVO conversion first and roll on french fry grease.

I did oil changes for a living on lawnmowers and work trucks during the summer.

I still take mine to a shop, because
A) its a truck, theyve done a thousand, theyre not gonna fuck it up
B) If i do it myself, I would need to buy a drain pan, oil dry, the oil, then jack the fucker up, do the whole shebang, then put it all back together, then figure out where to bring the oil, and store all the oily shit, etc. or pay $25 and have them do it while i get my tires rotated etc.
C) I save my time for other stuff like doing the brakes etc

I was just looking on amazon for oil and a filter I need 4.4qt of 0W-20 and a filter which comes out to $38 when a dealer is $40 i'd rather have them just do it.

I work full time while I'm in school, so I really don't have the time to do it myself anymore.

>tfw lube tech

I AM THE JEW

>by the way, your air filter is pretty dirty, we can knock that out really quickly if you like

>its a truck, theyve done a thousand, theyre not gonna fuck it up

>save my time

>Save time for other stuff like doing brakes
Why not save even more time by getting them to do that as well? You know, since jacking up your car for oil is so hard, surely jacking it up for brakes is equally lengthy.

yeah but then im jacking it up and working for a few hours. The prep to work ratio is annoying

So you live next door to a Jiffy Lube?

You could jack it up, drop oil and let it drain for 2 hours while you're working. It's just a bolt lol.
Just saying, sometimes it pays to look at other bits and pieces while you're down there.

i've done some things myself
>egr valve
>tps
>o2 sensor
>sparkplugs
>distributor body
>blower fan
>electric fan install
bretty cheap fans, 2 12" for like $40 at pick n pull

I pay the stealership to do it for me as I get free inspections alongside regular service/oil.
Also provide better kept records for if warranty work ever pops up.
Worth the 96$ every 5-10k imho

I learned how to change oil before I learned how to drive, I now do literally all my own maintenance and repair work after being jewed one too many times.

Garage is life now.

Since I'm an asshole my first repair ever I did on a car was an intake manifold for a 1998 crown vic. You learn fast when your a poor fag with no doe to pay for a 1.2k repair. Glad it worked out though, everything else is easy mode compared to that first time and fear.

>wix
>shit filter

Read it again, I exclusively use Wix filters because they are not shit. If you go somewhere else besides a dealer you're gonna get a garbage filter like a Fram or Pennzoil filter. Even then some OEM filters like Subaru (blue filters, not the black Tokyo Roki ones) and Honda aren't great, they're made by Fram.

Why would I change my own oil if I can get my mechanic to do it for $25 and be out of the shop in 10 minutes, no hassle? I want to drive my car not perform an operation on it.

thats because you have drive by wire instead of a throttle cable, enjoy noticing it every time you drive now

Thread full of faggots "too busy" to open a fucking bolt, but with enough time to go to a lube tech and wait for them to do the same thing.

Just admit it, you're retarded cucks.

There's no dipstick ya dipstick

>Spill oil on floor
>Degrease and scrub
Fuck me that would be impossible wouldn't it?

This

You should know how to fix everything you have.

>You should know how to fix everything you have.
And also do it yourself of course

>chat with wife
Cucked

Depends on how busy you are and unless your time is worth 20/hr, which is most of Veeky Forums it makes sense to do it yourself. Personally i just don't trust the shops, they like to strip bolts.

Do people really warm up their car to change oil? Unless its sub zero outside, wouldn't you want the car to have sat so more of the oil is in the pan?

Same here. I did my own alignment with strings in my driveway, she drives dead straight on flat roads

Because oil visocity drops as temperature rises, so you'll have easier time draining the oil when it's not molasses. It'll trickle down into the pan within a few minutes anyway, though you'll never be able to drain all the used oil out.