FB RX-7

What exactly is the appeal of the first generation RX-7?

They're slow, unreliable, and ugly. They're difficult to modify and get less mpg's than cars like the AE86. Why do people still buy them at all?

That was a terrible opposite of truth troll attempt
Try again.

They're neat.

What more do you want?

>ugly
Wrong
>unreliable
The 12A is not unreliable
>slow
Just like an AE86 or pretty much any affordable 80's/90's tuner car

This

Not OP but I totally agree.

They just look dumb. Like someone took a sweet datsun and left it in the sun for too long. All the spark lines melted into this lump of a car.

I have the worlds biggest boner for the FC and FD, but zero interest in the FB.

cause its a classic jap car now like 240z and they look cool.

I could get past everything except for the looks
easily top 10 ugliest car ever produced

That's not a Porsche 924.

No, but it was a direct competitor for the 924

I suppose trolling? There are few cars more balanced than a GSL-SE. Both from a power to weight ratio and of course the front/rear balance of the car. It pivots perfectly, predictably, controllably. The chassis tuning and torsen diff tuning that went into that car was either a lucky stoke of perfection or the result of obsessive genius.
Drive a GSL-SE, with the 13B and the torsen, and you will have experienced the closest the '80s could come to automotive perfection. With the 12A and an open diff it is just another fun little Japanese sports car; the GSL-SE is something more.

Tfw I have an fb gsl in that color and I got it for $900 and it had all the service records. Feels good man.

I enjoyed a gslse
But a gsl with dat super simple 12A is what ill buy

Some people like the look.
Personally I'd rather have a turbo NC.
But that eliminates reliability and fuel efficiency altogether.

>ugly

No way come on. You're right about everything else though. The 12a is definitely the most reliable rotary out there though. I just picked one up a few days ago, I love it so far.

>RX-7
>torsen diff
Nope. Viscous in the early ones, then clutch pack later on.

Goddamn, nice m8. How much did you pay for it and how long did you wait to find one?

am I the only one who hates popup lights
they look retarded to me

>Why do people still buy them at all?
Because people want an RX7, and FC prices are going up now that FDs are generally unattainable.

Zero dollars, I traded my Miata for it. I've been looking for a decent one priced really well or with an owner looking to trade for a few years now.

>FB / SA22C dominated endurance racing
>toyoshit was too busy being slower than civics

Lets not forget mazda actually won LeMans

Toyota a shit

>Slow
Alright
>Unreliable
Wrong
>Ugly
Subjective

The FB was the Miata before the Miata existed.

Throw, and aftermarket exhaust on one, a Weber, and remove all the EGR shit and convert it to use premix rather than oil from the sump, and you got yourself a fun reliable car.

Usually when you remove the EGR shit, and you can remove every single vacuum line, except the one from the intake to the Brake booster. Very few moving parts, only leaves very simple things to break.

FBs are amazing, size wise, they're about as big as a miata, and you can sit inside the engine bay. Rotaries love being revved, and are good at being revved, and are more reliable when being revved.

The FB for simplicity also has a leaf springs in the back, and McPherson strut in the front, making it even easier to work on, and lower.

If you wanna talk shit on any RX7, it's the FC. The FB was trying to be an affordable, light weight car, that was fun to drive, and it exceeded at that.

The FD was trying to be a Fast GT car. and it exceeded at that.

The FC didn't know what it was. It doesn't have an identity. It didn't know whether it was a luxury car, a light weight sports car, a car marketed for woman. It's a psuedo GT car.
>But muh 13b turbo II
O? you mean that 80s fuel injection nightmare, that's prone to failure, that you have that was never available in the USDM, so you gotta import the motor from japan?

The FC is by far the worst RX7, it's pig fat, just as slow as the FB(At least in the US) and 5x as complex, and cost 3x as much because RX7 fanboys love to entertain the idea of "Muh Turbo II"

The only time I'd every buy a FC, was if it was a Shell, so I could throw a 5.0 in it,and strip everything Mazda out of it.

kek this. toyota a shit

>The FB for simplicity also has a leaf springs in the back
it has watts link

>that you have that was never available in the USDM
turbo IIs were available in the us. wtf you talking about, and they only cost twice as much at the most. its much cheaper to buy a fc turbo than it is to 13bt swap a 1st gen. FC is a damn good car you memer

the fc makes me want to cum. I love all the aesthetics.

why the fuck do you think it's so cheap? you act like they are overrated when barely anyone cares about them even Veeky Forums? seriously this is like the first thread ive even seen about them here

haha even Mazda was like....

OKAY OKAY OKAY, We know its not the BEST looking car ever
Step back like 10 feet, Look for a while longer and MAYBE???

>slow
Okay, sure. But so was everything else at the time.
>unreliable
You have no idea what you're talking about
>ugly
Subjectivity only goes so far. You're sight challenged.
>worse MPGs than a hachiroku
You're wrong here too, believe it or not. You can squeeze 24 MPGs out of an FB easily with a carb tuning. Thrash on it and it will go down a bit. An AE86 gets about 20 and will sink to 10 when you take the piss to it.

I like both cars equally for different reasons, but you can't call the FB a shit.

I kind of agree, as an FC owner. They should have given it double wishbone all around instead of that gaudy macpherson front and camber happy rear end. It could have standed to lose about 200 lbs, too, but it doesn't feel like a heavy car. The NA 13B is a pretty good powerhouse with a mild port and tune. You'd swear mine was turbo'd.

>you mean that 80s fuel injection nightmare, that's prone to failure
Lol you shit on the FC Turbo II for being unreliable and non-carbureted but praise the FD even though it had fuel injection too and even worse reliability.

>It didn't know whether it was a luxury car, a light weight sports car, a car marketed for woman
No, it was a sports car. It just happened to have different trim levels with optional equipment. You could get bare bones models that weighed significantly less than say the luxury GLX.

>was never available in the USDM
Yes it was you dummy, it was only the first generation turbo RX-7's that Mazda never exported to the US market.

>this moron again
Seriously you are so misinformed that i think youre trolling
Nothing you said about the FC is true.
Kys

FB has a coil sprung LRA with an offset 3 link suspension and a goofy little panhard bar that's like 4" long. No leaf springs, no watt linkage.

>RX7
>GT car
Lmao if it was a GT car I guess it's just icing on the fucking cake that it weighs 2700 lbs and handles better than pretty much everything