over.gg/

>Discord
discord.gg/DfekDPZ

previous

first for pharah best girl

Widowmaker

tell me about your placement adventures /owg/

how did they go?

When will the Symmetra buffs go live, so I will be able to play her on attack, finally?

How much does Dva charge for a rump pump?

>watching surefart
>when /our boy/ harbleu is streaming

First for a thread full of people complaining about a rating system they know nothing about

How much better is new sym? I think I might get grandmasters if she is much better

I always get very nervous for placements and need to be in the right mindset. So I haven't played yet.

>Watching anybody but the hardcore relatable gamer, ster_

lmao @ ur life friend

>first placement
>get to hanamura end with 4 minutes left
>one teammate decides he hates us so the next 3 rounds he sits in spawn as symmetra placing turrets on the fucking slot machines

thanks based matchmaking looks like i'm not going to play this fucking game anymore this season you ruined my fucking day you fucking piece of shit nigger cunt fuck you jew piece of shit faggot cuck holy shit kill yourself

Like shit. Reposting from last thread.

>last season
>place 2150, whatever, most of my shooter experience is from Tribes and some milsim stuff, and I never played TF2
>nasty losing streak from playing solo too much
>end season in mid 1800s

>do placement matches with group of bros that I play with frequently
>get rekt some games, absolutely dominate others
>one game, we roll over it so hard that 5 of their team members quit and we let the solo lucio use us to get rare achievements
>playing pharah almost all of the time
>end with 5 wins/4 loss/1 draw, constant gold medals, 3.99 kdr
>get placed into fucking 1520

>mercy will NEVER be good

I won my last placement game with a 162 hour, master rank symmetra main on KOTH

hopefully we'll get symmetra buffs soon

I love Hana.

First reply decides my main for S3 placements.

So what do you expect out of this new Season? Are the Symmetra reworks going to be dropped in the middle of it?

widow

Sombra.

All the girls belong to Angela.

Fucking busted on Defense on some maps like Hanamura

Kinda good on Payload Attacking as well.

pharah

I'm afraid Zarya is going to drop out of the picture, I just bought her stupid golden gun too.

FUCK.

I could have at least worked with these.

I'm new as fuck and I'm going to do my placements tonight and get bronze and it's going to feel great.

They only walked back only on a few buffs. Considering they haven't nerfed Soldier yet seems like it might be staying.

Might be Sombra buffs midway. When they see the low pick rate.

I was 3500 last season, where i'm gonna end up if i fuck up completely? Silver? Will i do my placements with other master/high diamond players or is that shit completely random again?

I think Symmetra rework is going to come in in just a week or two.

Then after 2 months of cancer meta they're finally, finally, buff Pharah big. And nerf D.Va at the same time, just before the season ends.

>tfw 612 hours into this game
>never once played ranked

why do compfags have to turn everything good to shit?

organized competitive team pvp video games were a fucking mistake

better commit buddy

I wonder what she'll get for the Christmas event.

She'll always have her main squeeze though.

She's still very good.

I don't see her going anywhere. There is no reason for her to experience a drop.

Symm changes will probably come with the Xmas patch

>he's one of those multiprestige QP only shitters
You are very very likely garbage at the game and therefore irrelevant

Woops, that was meant to be a response to

Why do I love Widowmaker so much? It's pretty simple when I think about it. Widowmaker isn't just the best hero in overwatch, she might be the future Queen of Waifus Just imaging her grappling through the sands of Anubis, the wind in her hair, her mighty rifle with her. As she grapples through the objectives, the men swoon at her very scent. They know how she smells, the essence of her smell is sold in the blizzard store under the the name of "Blueberry pie scent". The very nature of Widowmaker is mystery. could she be playing a deeper game than even her creator realizes? The answer is yes, she has transcended such boundaries as the written world, and has free will to do whatever she sees fit. However, Widowmaker is filled with such guile, such french smugness that she does not even use these powers. Why, you might ask? You will never know, for the mind of the Widowmaker is not one that is easily penetrated. Widowmaker is such a force of nature in her realm that nothing can truly touch her, the only thing keeping her bound to the game at all is her will to exist within the preordained boundaries of her world. Widowmaker is not only beyond the comprehension of us, she exists within a plane of true focus and beauty. Observe her smug smile, her gorgeous and rippling ass, her cute nose, and most importantly, her eyes. Her eyes, like pools of saffron, provide the only glimpse into the true machinations of Widowmaker. Do not stare into them. Many good men have gone mad in the attempt. Widowmaker is not just a character, a formless collection of words and images, she is herself is the binding that holds the saga together. Without Widowmaker, the entire game, the entirety of Blizzard as we know it crumbles. The temple of anubis would freeze without Widowmaker, Eichenwalde would become a desolate crater, Ecopoint: Antarctica would melt without her frosty gaze. These are just of a few of the reasons why I like Widowmaker so much

It's based on MMR so if the people you regularly play with and against you'll be placed around there. If you do poorly you'll probably be placed low diamond.

iddqd went 2-8 in placements and got placed at 4.4k

Let's hear some predictions for christmas skins!

Winston - abominable snowman
Reinhardt - Reindeer
Soldier 76 - Ebenezer Scrooge

Unless you throw, even if you lose all 10 matches you'll probably still place 2600+.

Placements seem to start you out with what you were with previous season, it'll probably make adjustments as you play so if you do end up doing poorly it'll drop you down to lower diamond players.

I finished masters last season and placed masters this season with only 4 wins.

>250 hours.
>Only play ranked for end of season points.

Ranked is really not fun.

Teach me your ways

>people trolling in placement matches
>getting losses because people ragequit
So glad they fixed things. I'm done with this game.

>Season 1 Placement 67
>Season 2 Placement 3021
>Season 3 Placement 2399

I'd like to thank the leavers, the Lucios that keep forgetting that he can switch off from speed to heal, and the rest of my team in the last match who couldn't hit diddly squat when I EMPed the entire team three times and took out the turret constantly.

I should not have 4 golds with A gold in Elim for only 9 kills.

How do I turn on HUD in my screenshots? I can't take pictures of the scoreboard or post-match things anymore.

6/6 and feeling good.
I lament those who got matched with bronze shitters.

Sorry, I meant to say, if you throw you'll still probably place 2600+. If you lose all matches but still play well you should easily keep diamond minimum.

Sounds like season 3 corrected your SR
thank fucking god

but i have 150 games in S1 and 200 in S2

S1 I ended @ 65, S2 I ended @ 2915

Why the fuck doesn't your rank reset between seasons? What is even the point if people don't get a clean slate and a chance to prove themselves?

can't wait to see what tracer and mercy gets

That's not genji

>play that long without playing comp
How?

>think about playing a hero
>realize there is no reason not to play 76

?

>season 2 placement: 2200
>season 3 placement: 2400
Am I improving /owg/?

>ending lower than you placed

yup, you were part of the group that placed too high in s2

Reminder that the best waifu in Overwatch is ____(You)__

Yes you are user. Now you're goal til end of season is to reach Diamond.

doubt it. i've been playing fps on pc since cs 1.5 on WON and I played in Cal-I plenty of times.

>you are the reason you did bad
nah, i can carry in CS, not in OW. OW relies too much on teamwork. There's only so much I can do as 76 if im the last one alive. I should have never played with my friends. They kept on running infront of everyone else as healers.

>5 wins, 4 loses, and 1 draw for my placement matches
>get put at 2544

>roommate gets 7 wins and 3 loses for his placement matches
>gets put at 1978

What the fuck happened?

I usually do see diamond to grand masters in quick play so maybe i will actually have decent teams this time around. Last season i got so many rank 40~ def hero mains in placements even though i ended up at 70.

>placements
>somebody leaves in four out of my seven games so far
>FOUR
>OUT
>OF
>SEVEN

I'm going to fucking die

>place high with a high uncertainty
>re-calibration allows 10 matches to fix the uncertainty
>place properly

>complain

>500ms ping on placement matches

I'm cool with every Mercy ship except Gency because Gency is like the warm porridge of Overwatch shipping. It's cute but that's really it. I can't think of a less boring couple. If Gency was a board game it would be monopoly.

Blizzard realized halfway into season 2 that the game has too much noise in what creates a win/loss such that it takes many many many more games than what the average player plays in a single season to separate skill levels.

The only way they could think of correcting this is to increase the sample size of games- the only way they could do that with their "seasons" in place is to not actually wipe your score from season to season.

were his losses at the first games? they affect more

were you different ranks last season?

You started at a higher MMR, he started on a lower MMR and probably got carried.

>Want to do my placements tommorow
>Can't get to sleep because my Anxiety over getting a shit rank is keeping me up

What am I going to do!

SHOW ME THAT PLACEMENT SR BOYYEEEEE

>i placed 2921 last season
>i got into diamond and remained around 3100-3300
>only friend that plays with me placed 1200
>play ranked with him for shits and giggles
>i had 4 golds every match if i wasnt healing
>9 wins 1 loss
>place 1693

did i make a mistake or should i just enjoy smurfing at this point.

Rip off the band aid and play all 10 matches tonight.

What was your S2 rank?

You just learned that the system does more than just tally wins and losses

I didn't even do placements for S2, I had a backlog to thin out.

I ended at 3897 SR last season

Lost 9/10 placements this season.

Guess what my SR is?

3517 SR

Blizzard should really re-work this system.

>almost a month playing on QP and QP only
are you a masochist per chance?

>win 1st 4 matches, lose 5th and 6th
>queues getting bad cause its 4AM on EU
>change to NA
>150 ping
>win 7th, 8th and 9th, lose 10th
>get praised for my aim in one match while getting silver/gold elims

I don't understand how you can have 150 ping and still play properly. On tf2/csgo you get absolutely fucked for ping over 50.

Overwatch has heavy peeker advantage

PLACEMENT MATCHES STORY TIME share your stories I DO read your posts

>1st placement
>Gibraltar attack
>full tryhard 3 tank D.Va soldier meta comp
>Get the feeling our 76 is ass and he complains about not having enough damage with 3 tanks
>barely make it to the end with 13 seconds left
>Defend time, someone tries junkrat and other idoicy, we got fucking obliterated, 3:13 left
>Junkrat says "time for Bastion" on attack
>here_we_go.gif
>get wiped out of the gate with our 1 minute time
>by some miracle we get past the enemy and batmobile on the payload with 13 seconds left
>OVERTIME PARADE
>6 to 3, switching sides
>Enemy team is full tilted and gets held on the first point for over 4 minutes

Just me and my tanky, hanging out. I got my ulti up so I started to shout He asked if I was down ⬇for something yummy and I asked what and he said he'd give me his cummies Yeah! Yeah! I heal them! I suck them! I rez them! It makes tanky happy so it's my only goal... Harder tanky! Harder tanky! 1 cummy, 2 cummy, 3 cummy, 4 I'm tanky's healer but I'm also a whore! He makes me feel useful!He makes me feel good! He makes me feel everything a healslut should!~ Wa-What!

They were pretty spaced out for both of us. If it matters, one of my losses was because someone left the game

So they don't reset? I ended S2 in the 2700s and he ended in the 2000s.

Even so, a 600SR gap seems like a little much doesn't it?

mom! you fucking slut!!

Hey guys

>Season 1 place 50, 163 games later - 69
>Season 2 place 2566, 148 games later - 3005

Season 3

9 Wins 1 Draw

IS THIS BEACUSE I PLAYED WITH MY FRIENDS THAT WERE RANKED 1200

WHAT HAVE I DONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

So /owg/, have you met anyone more than once in your placements making it look like the game has a small player base? Because I just faced the same guy 6 times in my 10 placement matches.

>now arriving at...
>ilios
JUST

>there are people this bad at the game

Literally how?

I had the the same 2 stack in three of my games- twice on my side, once on the other side. I won all three games, so I dunno.

re-read my post. I played with 5 friends that were shit. they wanted me to help them get better at the game. I went 9 wins 1 draw.

last season i went 9 wins 1 loss.

>four support mains on one team
Blizzard please.

>s1 place 50 end 69
>s2 place 2566 end 3005
>s3 place 972

holy fucking christ, if you're being truthful, that's fucking horrifying

blizzard purposely compensates for shitty ping
it's mostly to make sure that literally everyone who would maybe even consider playing the game would be able to have a semi decent experience doing so
more players mean more money for blizz

YES!!!

AFTER TWO MONTHS I FINALLY HAD HANA SAY "BOOM SHAKALAKA" AGAIN

>Carrying games as zenyatta
Why is he just so fucking godly with another healer?

I like Ilios
I haven't lost a single KOTH map since s3 started actually, and 50% of them have been on Illios

WHO FALLING FROM LOW MASTER TO PLAT HERE?

>Placed High Platinum in S2
>Place Low Silver in S3
That makes zero sense.