What are the appeal of these? No one would even have heard of these had it not been for Fast and the furious movies

What are the appeal of these? No one would even have heard of these had it not been for Fast and the furious movies

>no one would even have heard of these had it not been for Fast and the furious movies

Try Gran Turismo you stupid fuck

Pretty much a RWD maxima. They were okay back in day but now they're slower than most crossovers. To get them to compete with modern cars you need to turn it into a dyno queen.

Look how popular S-chassis are and they weren't glamorized by fnf.

>Gran Turismo did it first
Mostly just because its cool looking and nostalgia

I don't think anybody really takes them all that serious now.
I'd defintiy own one, but its not the god car we all thought it was in the 90s.

They were in fast and furious?

Internationally recognized as a highly highly successful car in racing and (for the US) the forbidden appeal of a technologically advanced sports car that was illegal to own. (until recently)

>They were okay back in day but now they're slower than most crossovers.

This is one of the worst posts I've ever seen

Half-assed bait

Confirmed for not knowing about the R32.

>what is Mid Night Club

Good car with classic styling and performance potential. What else from the same time period can compete?

>No one would even have heard of these had it not been for Fast and the furious movies
>only shown in background for 7 seconds

Poopra?

1989 supra? Meh.

RX-7

it made 280hp to the wheels stock & over 300whp if you pulled the wastegate restricter out of the vacuum line, all while weighing just over 3100lbs.
it's still comparable to 20 year newer car similar to it like STI's & EVO's.
Not to mention that it's barley made for straight line speed & build with cornering & agility in mind.

btw, my 02 VQ35 6speed Maxima was a decently quick car for a commuter

Im singling you out

VQ35DE crank & cam position sensors were a mistake

You can go really fucking fast.

1989 Fc? They are cool, but not exactly in the same league.

As far as late 80's early 90's goes the BNCR33, twin turbo GTO MR, A80 Supra, and the FD RX-7. Initial D memes aside, the R33 GT-R was an entirely suitable successor to the BNR32.

Basically, the top trim of sports cars. A Skyline GTS-t wouldn't be able to compete and the atmo models were irrelevant. The NSX could probably beat it stock, but you're not going to make an NSX faster than a GT-R with work.

>American cars
>ever

Those have started becoming good again. Don't jinx it.

Also the E36 M3.

>American cars
>ever good

At some point a car is no longer the sum of it's parts and becomes valued by the history surrounding the model. In the case of the R32, it has a huge Touring Car Racing history. For that alone it's worth big bux, just like the E30 M3.

Think 1989-1990 when these cars were first introduced.

>fnf

you mean Gran Turismo. classic mistake, don't worry

faggot

Where did his post outline American cars?

DESU I've seen some videos of a turbo II beating an R32. An FD no question though, an FD will beat R32-R35 through and through on the twisties.

If only there were proof of this claim.

>No one would even have heard of these had it not been for Fast and the furious movies

No one watched them win back to back touring car races.
>No one

try bathurst in 1992 you queer

>

You can actually go fuck yourself OP.

R31 and R32 a best.

spotted the underaged.

I could get a r32 for around 7k. hows it to live with?
Alternatives are 280zx and sw20

>RWD
Also
>what is Bathurst

This, r32's dominated Bathurst for a while and is also where it got its nickname Godzilla from I think?

I see GTRs around my Tokyo suburb every day. I see more GTRs than I see K11 Micras (I like both cars, come at me)

pic semi-related

>Veeky Forums please stop being retarded this is the most obvious bait in existence. This is the same guy who asked this question about the supra

you mean 1990

does it matter?