/r6g/ - Rainbow Six General

year 2 edition

Year 2 trailer got reuploaded again, but it shows a Spanish, Hong Kong, Polish, and South Korean flag at the end of the video edition
youtube.com/watch?v=KQi1s1xcD7c

Year 2 blog post: rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-GB/news/detail.aspx?c=tcm:154-275000-16&ct=tcm:148-76770-32

>Teamspeak for /r6g/ operations
OperatorOperations.teamspeak.host
The password is: Operations
IP address: 159.203.29.41:9988

>/r6g/ FAQ & Guide (Newfriends, read this!)
pastebin.com/Wi0PwtYw

>/r6g/ OP Pastebin & Groups
pastebin.com/gWcgwQyJ
Steam: steamcommunity.com/groups/R6GO
PS4: Add dazint8
Xbone: Add IMadSpykeI

>/r6g/ Drawfriend Gallery
imgur.com/a/rVmZG

>Official News & Known Issues
Season 4 - Operation Red Crow is out. Patch 5.1 Live.
youtube.com/watch?v=12hNVzz4CYY
rainbow6.ubi.com/siege/en-us/updates/redcrow/index.aspx
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1522714-Patch-Notes-Update-5-1
forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1332624-Top-Priorities-and-Known-Issues-Updated-11-21-2016

>All the Classic Rainbow 6 games running on the latest engine, compatible with current Windows, all maps, all modes.
(MEGA link provided by user) - mega.nz/#!P99z0CbQ!sF-1sVRgBKNkbEVL8NrnuLtpP3oK1aJHNzX65FpyfeA
(From site) - legendsworld.net/shooter/game/11094

Friendly Mission Successful:

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=YP6mMCyXFsk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

first for remember to grab your lunchables

what was the pic ( ) that got deleted?

i missed it.

So that spain is confirmed can i get a G3 now?

isn't thatcher's AR33 that?

Spain and GROM are memes so they'll get the most meme guns they can find.

Hong Kong is just not-SAS while SK is not-SEALs so they'll have the same style guns as those two units.

anyone got any others like this? I'm making a compilation

Just grab a CETME and go full spanish

>have to start instalocking ash because the one on my team shot the hostage with her fucking gadget

HK33A2 so modeled after a G3 but not a G3

What do you mean by meme?

another one

depends, what you mean

I'm talking about operators or soldiers doing the george meme

> no new game modes

HAHAHAHAHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA

People only want GROM because of the silly looking tacticool helmet operator pictures. Spain is just facebook news regurgitation. Both are the meme teams just like BOPE and SAT were for season 1 and how Russia is the meme team of season 0.

SK is a legit pick like SEALs and Hong Kong is their JTF2 kind of obscure but still does work pick.

cant wait for chink ops

NEET operators when?

>not-SEALs

They know how to have fun

soon

At least BOPE is kind of cool and SAT is explained by FBI SWAT training them.

Though it would have made more sense to have DEVGRU at release then FBI as DLC.

She's a real JASDF though

>The tweet clearly said the 4 distinct nationalities
>the tweet dropped a day before the official announcement through a channel at ubisoft that shouldn't have announced it so they didn't have the most up to date information (1 CTU changed)
>they got the vast majority of the information right

No conspiracy here dude you just fucking dumb.

>SKs have an airburst grenade launcher AR

Might be stupid to play against in game but could be fun if they balance it right, maybe make it so the explosions are weaker against walls than Ash's gadget so there's less of an overlap.

We didn't even get the first one, so why break another promise?

Is that them partying with the Americans stuck guarding the 38th?

Whenever there is the option they should always have DEVGRU or Delta first. But then again they did FBI SWAT instead of their actual CTU so it's clear that Ubisoft didn't give a fuck in planning.

Can you even shoot those indoors

> what is tactical realism

That's from the annual joint training with navy seals, they apparently do some exercises half naked in the snow

hell yeah

>still only can play secure, defuse and hostage

?????? where is the new game mode in the no-hud mode?

The XM25 is supposed to be able to deliver limited but precise explosives indoors as well so I can't imagine why this wouldn't work. If it doesn't, ubisoft can probably bend reality to make it so.

No no no, it was meant to deliver precise explosives to indoor targets, but not for like room to room shit.

Have some fuck in a window that keeps ducking down? Set the airburst, fire the round into the window and it detonates right above that cheeky fuckers face.

>best gadget
>worst gadget

Go.

Blackbeard
Tachanka

>Cluster Charge
>Cluster Charge

>best
Breaching tool.

>worst
MG.

So instead of legit counter-terrorist units with experience dealing with terrorist attacks you'd rather have some edgy spec ops units tha work in a total different field? Alright... Seals sould not have been in the game

SEALs were a mistake. As cool as they are they really don't fit the counter terrorism thing the game is aiming for.

Are you fucking having a laugh

>they literally killed bin laden
>not counter terrorism

>first week
>wasn't sure about how powerful explosives were or what could be destroyed
>launched ash ability on the floor right under the hostage hoping for an italian job style rescue
>hostage dead

we made a mistake when we stopped bombing japan

youtube.com/watch?v=YP6mMCyXFsk

scrambaru

user...

Hey that's pretty good

A full military operation in a foreign country to assasinate someone is not counter-terrorism user. Rescuing hostages in planes, embassies or in trains, bomb defusal and the like is CT

>actually trying to argue that DEVGRU isn't a CTU

>be the guys sent in to kill the literal face of terrorism
>also do all the things you say a CTU needs to do
>still saying they are not a CTU

u wot

But they do Hostage rescue in 2014 they rescued some in yemen

Since when is Pulse 3 speed?

worldwide counter-terrorism: yes
domestic counter-terrorism: no

Don't worry user he's not even that good he's just a 3 speed with nitro with wallhacks

Was he always 3 speed? I thought he was 2/2

Just because they have rescued some doesnt mean they are a dedicated CTU like GSG-9 or GIGN. They dont really fit in the game period. Do americans need to have their cock sucked by every game dev?

Yeah he wasnt always 3 speed.

Before the balance changes in summer he was Instant Death speed

Funny how you choose to ignore SAS and ALFA, and how the first CTU was JTF2.

first DLC*

Your lifespeed determines your deathspeed

>DEVGRU isn't even a real CTU fucking Americans wahaaa whaaa whaaa

echo put that shit down

I didnt, my opinion is the same with them. SAS got in the game because of operation nimrod (iran embassy) and if they hadnt been included everyone would have complained. JTF is an edgy unknown special unit they included because they look cool.

So, ideas for new gadgets guys?

I was thinking an attacking OP could get a decoy grenade: one that does multiple flashbangs (but arent as blinding) and makes bullet and breahing noises that also cause that enemy fire indicator to appear in the defending team's HUD.

Another idea was for an attacker to get a flare gun that is like a long duration flashbang that blinds operators who look at it (affects attackers and defenders) except for himself because he wears special sunglasses that filter the light out.

I've been thinking about an attacker that has 2x (perhaps 3x?) WP grenades as a gadget. The WP sould block like normal smoke nades and also do damage kinda like Smoke's toxixc babes. The difference would be that you could get hurt by your own nades since it's WP and you can't protect yourself against it easily. I'm not sure if this would be balanced at all but could be interesting at least.

>JTF2
>Unknown
>Edgy

Lol get a load of this fucking cuck

More things people can kill the hostage with

Oh man
I guess I confused him with Castle and just thought he was 2 speed

Don't Capitao's bolts do what you're describing?

Yes, but in a way smaller scale. The WP nades should have at least as much radius as regular smoke nades.

Tho now that I think about it it would kinda invalidate good ol' Capitao.

GROM OPERATOR IDEAS

>ATK
>JACKHAMMER
>3A/1S
Carries a 5 round bolt action modified 50.cal rifle. Primary purpose is to punch holes in reinforced walls, but can also be used as a bolt action sniper. Punches watermelon sized holes in reinforced walls, can't be used to make an entry hole by any means. 5 rounds only. One shot will kill a 3 speed outright - 2 armor op's downed, but will survive the bullet with rook armor. 3 armor / 3+rook will survive the round but take damage. Option between flash and smoke

>DEF
>Łowca
>2A/2S
Has a gadget which, when used, will create false marks on the enemy screen. Has a limited number of uses (5?) but can be deployed at infinite range (shot out of underbarrel grenade launcher)

Łowca also carries a special gadget that replaces his other tool slot - Two motion sensor grenades. Can be applied on any surface similar to Valk cams. When an ATK comes within range of the motion sensor, they will be marked, the motion sensor will light up and make noise - making it easy for the ATK to find it once it has been tripped.

>Jackhammer
>Doesn't use a Jackhammer or Pancor Jackhammer

>Pancor Jackhammer
>Literally abandonware

>Putting the shield charm on Blitz shield
Yo dawg, I heard you liked shields so we put a shield on your shield so you can get behind it while you get behind it

>getting killed by a trap because your arm clips through the wall

Is the AR33 any good? I didn't even know Thatcher had it, i've just been using the L85 this entire time.

It's very good

It's better than l85 in most situations
More rpm, less recoil, the magazine is just 5 bullets less

>Echo is the new Caveira meme

90% of the Echos I have played with are all fucking trash.

>Can't position Yokai
>Can't do callouts
>Can't aim
>Can't react
>Camps obvious corners
>24/7 drone watching

>getting killed by capitaos firebolt because the fire clips through the wall
>getting killed by smoke because the gas goes through the wall

I've only has this happen while punching a door down anyway, which made sense to me as my fist setting off the trap as I punched through.

Possible SK loadouts

>Attacker
Choice between Daewoo K2 (AR) and Daewoo K3 (LMG), pistol is Jericho so that one user can be happy

>Defender
A carbine version of the Daewoo K1, since I think the K7 would be too much like the MP5SD. Shotgun could be the KSG or the USAS, but I feel like it would be too similar to Caveira's shotgun. Not sure how people would feel about another defender with a carbine though, Jager already steamrolls with his.

It's stupid because it's inconsistent, if it only happens once every 100 times you forget it's even a possibility.

Yeah but dude whats there special abilities or gadgets? Spitball some stuff so we can call your ideas shit and hurt your feels

Well there's like a hundred different paces you could decide to punch a door sso that makes sense to me. If you just so happen to be unlucky enough that kapkans trap was placed at the same height you punched at then bad luck. I don't think it happens often enough to be considered "cheap" or "broken"

It is broken, they need to make it happen every time or never.

I shouldn't have to shoot every fucking window because they MIGHT have a Kapkan and he MIGHT have put a trap on that barricade the game MIGHT fuck up and clip my body through

>know kapkan is in the game
>don't put your cliphazard body near the laser trip wire

seems simple to me

I can't believe there's an idiot that actually thinks SEALs aren't a counter terror force when DEVGRU and their army brothers in DELTA are literally two of the oldest dedicated counter terror units in the world. They've literally being doing counter terror operations longer than most CTUs have existed.

Attackers:

Exo Charge

Flip Sight

Defenders:

Black Eye

Yokai

Tachankas LMG is pretty bad but atleast you can get kills with it the Yokai is just complete garbage, it can't even stick to health the surfaces and the effect is bad since you can just stand still and wait for Echo or some other stupid asshole to walk in and shoo them.

Well that was a good ride.

>being an ubidrone

HK Operators Idea

>ATK
>[Chink Name]
>3S/1A
Sonar Cannon: Produces a gadget that can fire a sonar blast through about "two rooms" length - will "detect" enemies and create a single mark, notifying the enemy they've been marked.

Sonic Grenades: Thrown into a room, it creates a sound bubble about 2x the size of Smokes grenade cloud - enemies within it will get increasingly more disoriented, think a gradual build up to Echo's memeblast. Affect alleviated by leaving the bubble.

Carries a full sized rifle, and a small breaching shotgun as his secondary.

>DEF
>[Bruce Lee Reference Name]
>3S/1A
Specialty is electronic warfare - Has a device that will detect gadgets at a short range (think IQ with a narrow FOV) - can jam the gadget from being activated and then "hack" the signal, revealing the location of the operator whose gadget it belongs to for 15 seconds. This works on thermite / hibana charges, drones and even IQ herself.

Signal Detection System: When an electronic device enters a signal detection bubble, it will mark the user with a standard 1 time mark, every 6 seconds, as long as the gadget remains in the signal zone. Only triggers when the gadget is attempted to be used "IE triggering a breach charge" or while the drone is piloted.

>mfw Spain had, at one point, a clandestine counter-terrorist police operation run secretly by the state that kidnapped, tortured and killed terrorists.

Shit's gonna be so cash.

>Being Gold
>In Season 4
I threw 8 of my placement matches, then steamrolled the last 2 with a premade and got fucking plat 2, it's ridiculously easy to rank up now.

>Only won 2 placements and got Plat 2
What the fuck, I must be guaranteed diamond placement then since so far i've won 5/8

and i won 8 and lost two and got stuck with gold, dunno how this thing works anymore

In like 5 of my placement games I've had more than half my team leave
This is fair

You did solo queue ranked placement matches.

You were warned. Why didn't you listen.

>Start Ranked game
>Everyone with mic but this fucking guy
>start round
>Shoots one of our teammates
>kills him
>Leaves
>3 vs 5 even before we've started the round

These guys should be shot. Fucking assholes.

I don't have friends, bought the game yesterday, and am too scared to contact anyone in the OP
I got gold 1 though at least, so hopefully that's not too bad

>bought the game yesterday

Don't play ranked. Learn the game before doing that.

I've been planning to get this game for quite some time, is everything map/operators wise free? Back at launch they said it was but after all this content is it still this way?

>too scared to contact anyone in the OP
Why?

FAQ
A
Q