Cheap 4 door fast car?

Hey, I want the rush of acceleration super fast at after a red light for cheap (ie 5000, maybe a bit more). what are my best options, and would Veeky Forums call me a fag if i got pic related? (2005 lancer evo)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XlkBSCoc4jk
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

I'm not aware of any country where evos are that cheap
Late 5th gen maximas are pretty quick and they can be had in great condition for under 5g. They have that godly vq exhaust note but are lolfwd unfortunately. They don't look that good either.

>maximas are cheap
because that's what all the nogs buy and thrash, they get sold for cheap after they're repoed to cover the child support.

LMAO Maximas are the biggest pieces of shit ever lmao get a shitmobile for 5k instead and build it up, so much more worth than getting a shitty maxima

$5k evo? You what m8. I'd buy that out from under you all day at 6k to own, not even to flip.

yeah my b that was a unrelated thing just wanted to know if Veeky Forums thought evos were gay or not

The only reply is the srt4. Sure it's FCA but its the fastest 4 door stock for under 5000

No, no one thinks evos are gay. Scoobies are for swag faggots though.

Why does it need to be 4 doors? You aren't endangering your friends with your hooliganism right?

You do know that FCA wasn't a thing then right?

Of course but can you honestly say the build quality was much better?

Neon SRT-4, Cobalt SS

>cheap
>fast
>not shit

lel

Early 2000's Mitsu Gallant VR-4.The first gen VR-4 spawned the Evolution,speaking of which.

How about a Subaru wrx/sti, also a mazdaspeed 6, both awd and with some mods you can get over 320 horse power

Show me a wrx/sti under 5000, even a completely totaled fire/flood damaged sti... I'll be here all night.

Those are also very expensive.

sup nor-cal friend

What about an older GTi
>2004ish

Jesus christ you guys are fucking autistic. Get a BMW E36 M3. You can find them for under 5000 in good condition and they are great cars, whether its american or eurospec (chances are you wont find a eurospec for under 5k), Easy cars to work on, just reinforce the subframe and keep up with the differential shit or get a new one. Very tunable and nice looking cars. Best part is, if you get a better car and leave shitboxes behind, you can strip that bitch and go full on drift missle.

Idk what it is but when I see a 4 door car drifting, it makes me fucking cream.

Its like you're too autistic to grasp the concept of four doors maybe?

get turbobrick

Its like you're too autistic to grasp the concept of there are 4 door e36 m3s maybe?

You can find saturn ion redline's for around 3k. They have suicide doors. Technically still a 4d. 200+ hp stock.

full disclosure I have one

Not for under 5000 in north america my eurocuck friend

Why not a Mazda RX-8?

jag x-type

Contrary to popular belief 4 door cars usually have a stiffer chassis while being lighter than a 2 doors because of the b pillar.

I remember GTOs being cheap, not sure what it costs now.

An E36 M3 is still around 7.5-10k for ones worth owning.

An E39 540 on the other hand...

you could buy an older 7 series with one of the bigger motors

New clutch, semislicks. Has some sort of engine issue but still drive able.

What you need is saab

>over 3000€ for a 2.0 15 year old shitbox with 250k on it.

Nah, best not to fall for the Subaru meme.

93-02 Cadillac STS
Older ones could run under a 5s 0-60 with a couple bolt-ons. Godly N/A exhaust note, looks good still in 2016, Northstar motor is pretty much bulletproof.

Only problem is lolfwd and you'll look like a fedora tipper if under 50. However, I wish I still owned mine, it beat the shit out of everyone from ls1 camaros to turbo teggies at stoplights.

>Northmeme
>Reliable
Nah, I think you just got lucky. They're widely reported to be shit for that.
Fast as fuck though, almost bought a fiero with one. Went 3800 instead.

Get an 06 corolla xrs with the 2zz motor. Pushes 180hp at 1800lbs. Its fwd but my buddy has ones and he slaps all the honda guys all day. Most naturally aspirated b series guys cant compete and hes on steelies with only an exhaust stage 2 clutch and intake. Its faster than a stock 2004 wrx and you dont get tickets for looking like a ricer

I guess I did. Only way it got killed after 190,000 miles was some idiot not paying attention behind me.

Obviously. I posted that to proveWrong

I bought this for $4k came with 82k miles and just as fast as an srt4

Get yurself a juke. These things tear shit up.

has it been reliable?

i can get past driving a pt cruiser if its fast as shit

Yeah, it was even worse than FCA

Yes they are, I live in a small ass town in buttfuck nowhere and I see 4 for under 5k near me (four doors).

>Manlet: the car

>godly vq exhaust note

jesus christ kill yourself moron

id say the neon Srt4, Ive seen a lot going around craigslist for around 5k one was a stage 3 which is a low 12 second car. or a older subaru WRX bugeye are around 5k

Get a Saabaru. They're WRXs with Saab interiors and none of the meme tax or possible damage from doriftoing.

However, they may be hard to find.

That's some nice opinions you got there
Late gen maximas are shit
3rd-5th are all good

That's some nice butthurt you got there
youtu.be/XlkBSCoc4jk
It's ok to be wrong but sorry man, the vq sounds great

Different poster but my buddy had one of those turbo PT Cruisers and let me drive it a few times. For what it is it's a crazy quick car, and handled insanely well.

>
>Different poster but my buddy had one of those turbo PT Cruisers and let me drive it a few times. For what it is it's a crazy quick car, and handled insanely well.

Even with the retarded rear suspension?

CBR600F4i for like 2k and then a shitbox of your choice for 3k

>1800lbs
'no'

I just don't think you have a good reference for what handles well or is crazy quick.

>Northstar motor is pretty much bulletproof.

Do not listen to this guy. Northstars are some of the shittiest motors ever made.

E36 M3
E46 330i (3.64 diff will keep up with an E36 M3)
E39 540i
Maybe some nice E34 you find

WRX

Pic is my E36, I've beaten a modded 5.7 gto off the line and up to 100 until I got relled in and pulled on. And the gto was an auto.

Fucking stop mentioning it or they'll all be gone by the time I'm ready to cop one fuckfence

It's not that fast. Peppy and can easily boost it, and it's great to slide

The headgaskets blow because they aren't maintained

Cheapest go-fast would probably be a Neon SRT4

Thats not an M3 bumper

That and they used bolts that were weak from the factory, they would stretch and HG problems followed.

If you get a Northstar before the HG goes, replace the head bolts with ARP studs and it'll be good to go for a long time. Northstars can put down some serious numbers when built and spin to 8k rpm.

they're the same fucking thing, faggot

>cheap
>fast
>reliable
Pick two and only two

Neither is the chassis :^)

Intake and ebay catback exhaust, shaved head by .010.
Put down 210whp and 225wtq.

>i want a fast 4 door car to drive around

>suggests something that requires paying twice as much in insurance, getting an additional license, and doesn't fill the requirements OP was asking for

fuck outta here bikefag

07-08 350z
Mazdaspeed3

I can find thoses for around 6k+ where I live. I'd say that's cheap, fast, and reliable.

>implying having all 3 is impossible

Just buy a mini and put a big ass supercharger on it

What was it :^)

Acura TL

>They're WRXs with Saab

They have the exact same interior as imprezas.

second this
Get a 9-3, 9-5 or 9000.
chip and exhaust and you have 10lbs/1hp.

Actually the bolts were too short. I had mine replaced a day after I got the car with longer ones

IS300

Maybe an early mazdaspeed3 or 6 if you're lucky

Then pick up a low mileage one-owner car for $1200 bucks like i did.
It can be done