/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. [gist] readme.txt (embed)
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds.guide/decrypt9-(browser))
strawpoll.me/11773167
3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer
mega.nz/#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

new mai when

Tubehax still down? That other DNS seems to be down too now.

3rd for mario maker .cia where?

It's been on 3dsiso for like 24 hours now

I've converted the 3ds file, but it's a no encryption CIA because I didn't even go and get xorpads, so I don't know if uploading it is even a good idea

I love my hacked 3DS!!

Finally on a9lh.
Is it safe to just update games right off the home menu?

yep

Anybody know where you can find save files for 3DS games? Is there a website?

I just installed al9h in my o3ds and moved my old emuNAND to it following the guide.
now I need to update it to perform a system transfer to a second console but each time I try to update it I get the black screen with "an error ocurred" message.

what's the problem? any ideas?

Do you have a custom DNS set on your network settings?

nope, auto

Continuing from last thread. I installed rxTools emunand recently and I was just informed that it's not exactly the best choice. I'm trying to migrate to a9lh without losing my cias and my savefiles, is that possible or would I have to delete everything?

can steelhax be used as a secondary entry point for anons who bought the n3ds black friday systems (11.0)?

yes it's part of the dsiware downgrade

Your safest course of action is to backup your saves with jksm and copy your cias to a folder on your computer. If anything happens, you can easily import your saves and reinstall your cias.

You'll be injected your old EmuNAND in at some point if you want. That'll bring them back.

Oh, make sure Luma is the latest, make sure time is correct, and looking around, I see people mention modified home menu. I have no idea if you've done that, but I'll copy and paste what it mentions.

>I can verify as others have stated that modifying the home menu will cause the update to fail. So if any other threads or questions pop up about this error, you can simply download and install a fresh version of the homemenu cia with 3DNUS for your region and then proceed to update
>JPN: 0004003000008202 v27648
>USA: 0004003000008F02 v25600
>EUR: 0004003000009802 v24576

Someone also mentions updating by holding L+R+Up+A on boot

Mario Party Star Rush .cia where?

I may have a problem.
Got a n3ds xl sunday with a 32gb sd and I already hacked and filled all of it with games. I have like 40 games and I only play 2 of them.
But my collection is pretty so it's all good.

same thing everyones been saying all year

How do I subscribe to this blog? It's really good.

>make sure Luma is the latest
I did the guide a couple of hours ago, so I guess it's the latest one.

>make sure time is correct
it's perfectly synch with my laptop so it is fine.

>modified home menu
I was unaware that that was a thing, the closest I did was apply a custom theme, but I already removed it. gonna try this one if the recovery update doesn't work.

>the emergency recovery thing
I'm currently doing it.

thanks for the fast response.

Are there any vita games that don't work on henkaku yet? Anyone have any idea if that will be a problem in the future?

Anything that's 3.61 or above. Steins;Gate0 being a popular one that came out recently.
Although someone managed to patch the JP version that ran on 3.60 with english files.

Shit so will we ever be able to play games requiring above 3.60?

Do we know if the bans issued for s/m are permanent or not already? Can't really remember when it happened, has it been 2 weeks?

15 days today from what people said in the last thread.

I have no idea on that. Maybe someone will find something for it.

yes it was 2 weeks ago

it's permanent I think

Check back in 24 hours and we will see

How do I do custom themes on n3ds with A9LH? is there a better alternative than CHMM yet?

If I were to run the homebrew launcher via loadiine and then reove the sd card and delete it from said SD card, could I then re-insert the SD card and still run the WUP (brazilian method) installer?
There is one game that is just slightly too large for my SD card if the homebrew launcher is also on the SD.

>3dsiso
nice meme

How does slow hax work? Do we need to get dsi games? I thought one only the main features of slow hax was that you don't need to buy anything and if you are 11.0 / 11.1 you should be good?

>Do we need to get dsi games?
no

>I thought one only the main features of slow hax was that you don't need to buy anything and if you are 11.0 / 11.1 you should be good?
yes

Slowhax lets you do the DSi downgrade with 1 3DS.
However, it is possible someone writes an exploit that uses slowhax and doesn't require a DSi game. It's just better to have a game to be 100% sure

you don't need another hacked 3ds is all, you still need a dsiware game and a 3ds entrypoint from oot or cubic etc

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

Thanks nigs, this place is actually helpful as fuck. I got my Black Friday n3ds. Thanks for the patience

Got it set up for slow hax...I need some sleep. But yeah thanks

not worth posting about, so stop

nice post

Yes.

Slowhax is a kernel11 exploit, which you need to write the DSiWarehax save file to a DSiWare game. A k11 exploit alone USED to be enough to downgrade, but with 11.0 Nintendo added downgrade checks that can only be bypassed with arm9 control, OR by using a DSiWare title to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM to a version that doesn't have that downgrade protection, which can be done because DSiWare titles have write access to NAND and the known-plaintext attack lets you switch out FIRM for another version without going through a software downgrade.

About to do a system transfer from an Old3ds to a New3ds so I can do the dsiware downgrade. My new one is 11.0.0 and it asks me to update. Is there a way around this?

>with 11.0 Nintendo added downgrade checks that can only be bypassed with arm9 control, OR by using a DSiWare title to downgrade NATIVE_FIRM to a version that doesn't have that downgrade protection,
There's another bug that may be abused to downgrade titles without either of those.

why the update is taking a shiton of time? I started it with this post >161547706 and it only has done like a 10%

I fucked up right?

follow the guide

So, since my SysNAND is 9.20 I would just start in the Decrypt9 step? (3ds.guide/decrypt9-(browser))

can someone dup the mario maker 1.0.2 cia?/ im aware of 1.0.1

Yep that's right. If you're on o3DS anyway.

Anyone, before i attempt this and inadvertently brick?

Can you modify the icon for any bubble using taihenkaku?

Bubble Studio does it I think.
You can do it manually with a SQlite database editor too.

You could probably just boot into wupinstaller, and then take out the SD card to copy the game

Please Vote /v/. Late 2016 platform census.

Please bump thread if you vote.

strawpoll.me/11773167

When I've tried that with swapping SD cards, it hasn't picked up that a new SD card as been inserted.

If I'm installing a9lh and trying to save all the stuff from my emuNAND, do I need to do any additional steps than what it says here?

3ds.guide/2.1.0-ctrtransfer

Doesn't matter anyway. My "16GB" SD card is actually only 14.8GB and that's the issue.

I didn't do the ticket setup and I had all my games fine when I reinjected my EmuNAND

Jackie is a treasure.

>/v/

Japanese Swapdoodle with DLC.cia when?

ive finally got mario maker on 3ds but at what cost

at what cost, /hbg/?

all of the fun stuff was gutted out of it so i don't see a point to playing

also it's on 3dschaos.

>implying you actually made good courses for people to play

Is there any way to patch #fe with the delocalisation, improved translation and content reintroduction patches if i've installed it to a hdd?

>I wan't to download a 3DS game without going to the best 3DS game downloading website
kill yourself

>the best 3DS game downloading website
epic

As soon as you buy the DLC and upload it for us.

Can I use a luma+a9lh n3ds to hack an 11.2 up to date n3ds?

Or is it 11.0 and 11.1 only?

It'll cost me double to buy the DLC on a foreign currency.
Whatever the base cost + foreign transaction fees of $5..

11.2 is fine for DSi system trransfer. Everything needed is in the guide

Is "[gist] readme.txt (embed)" a meme now?

I want to fuck kirino

vitagen is in the other direction, user.

The only thing she is useful for.

>get bored with moon after doing almost all postgame stuf
>decide to be the good guy for once
>hack shinies of low level pokemons with 3 or more stages of evolutions
>give em away through wondertrade

i just gave out like 20 shiny evees
whats wrong with me

are both dns servers down? can't go online with my wii u right now

>site stores it's fucking passwords in plaintext
>best
nice meme

Lots of people do that

whats the dns that blocks 3ds updates?

okay so just a quick question
i can still unban my 3ds if im still on emunand right
so long as sysnand is 9.2?

hey guys I left my o3ds updating since I posted this but the bar doesn't fill, the weid thing is that the clock still works and the little loading squares are still doing their thing.

what I should do? force shut down the console?

Do you know if it's downloading still or installing?
If downloading, you can try turning the wifi connecting off. You are normally safe just turning it off though. although I dunno if recovery makes a difference.

Is there anyway to open the Luma3ds Config menu again after loading it up for the first time?

Hold select, then power on

turn off wi-fi and nothing, well, I just shut down it and am back to square one, the thing still gives me "error ocurring"message when I attempt to update.

any other idea guys?

Yes.

How many hours left to the unban?

Grab an appropiate set of update files from here mega.nz/#F!IApGwLJL!kYHL5jMlDfd0rmn6a8DaFw doesn't matter which revision as long as it's higher.
Shove them into the console via sysdowngrader in update mode and once done you should be able to finish a normal update. You could do it by hand with fbi if you really wanted to, socketpunch that shit in.
Sometimes they need a good kick after downgrades, though my AP was being a shitter at the time as well, either way problem solved.

If on 9,2 i recommend 9.6 as i know for a fact that worked out.

thanks user

Berserk Musou doesn't work on 3.60. And that's a huge problem.

How do I bypass the theme limit on 3DS on A9LH+Luma? There has to be a way right?
I installed all the themes via freeshop because why not.

the console is an o3ds on 11.0.0-33u with al9h.

I followed the guide from zero then moved my emuNAND to sysNAND, again, following the guide.

I don't know if that has something to do. gonna try the sysdowngrader method.

Nope.

I can understand that people install games that never will be played, but this is retarded as fuck.

Well the themes are small as fuck and FreeShop lets you install em all so why not just to have em up in the menu?

I don't mind either way if I gotta delete some but still. It's absurd that there's a limit.

Its been on that iso site for months you dingus