Shit-eating Grin Edition

>/fog/ Mod Archive
fogmods.weebly.com

>/fog/ Asset and Mod Repository (Mods, Rips, etc):
pastebin.com/q5ryvSZc
>VGU (Rips):
pastebin.com/v1adFSwj
pastebin.com/S2eDehza

>HOW TO CONVERT SKYRIM / OBLIVION / NV / FO3 ETC MODELS TO FO4 + Bodyslide Guide
pastebin.com/MWEPKj5m

>CK
creationkit.com/fallout4/index.php?title=Main_Page

>Fallout 1 and 2
pastebin.com/mtYCtDLV

>Fallout 3 and New Vegas
>General Information, Mod Recommendations, Run Ideas, etc:
pastebin.com/u29WKkGy
(Updates in progress)

>Fallout 4
>General Information, etc:
pastebin.com/pHrbuwt2

Pre-war Thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14669/
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42/?
mega.nz/#!Zp5xEZ6b!ASenYTIqUAhYS57L1K-5U2IKeIe6CkZd4wZpCWjq7tU
nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11262/?
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

1st for fuck Canada.

2nd for machetes

3rd for mommy tits

4th for I'd buy that for a dollar.

Gonna play Far Harbor now. Should I take Nick with me? I heard he has a lot of new unique dialog that works with the FH story, but is it really worth it? I usually play without followers cause they get in my way a lot.

He's the one to take with you out of all the companions, yeah. Is it necessary? Nah.

>"She's huge! That's the hugest waifu I ever saw!"

>Turbo Bull Dyke

Ugly as fuck

Whatever you do, have fun

Immersive Gameplay opinions

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/14669/

Why the fuck would anyone do this.

S - 2
P - 3
E - 2
C - 2
I - 6
A - 1
L - 6

Master Sifu apparently released a shotgun today using a a ripped model from another game. Got banhammered. Did anyone grab that mod?

the awful body preset of course

How many points do we get to distribute?

S - 7 I'm strong
P - 7 Intuition is my thing, but eyesight is shit, how does one convert this to special-points.
E - 4 Don't do cardio, but decent just from lifting
C - 4 I'm very hot, but have no charm
I - 7 Every lurker is a special genius
A - 6 I train calisthenics, I'm pretty agile
L - ? I don't know how to quantify luck

join a gym, user

Question for xedit experts:

Weaponsmith Extended dmg values on some ammo types are way too high. Can I just lower the relevant AMMO values, or would I need to go through each and every weapon and edit those too? How does the game calculate the total base damage of a certain weapon, anyway?

any way to get geck without having to make bethesda account?

or should i add yet another account to the ol' password notebook.

I want to make an amazon perk mod

make account, get launcher, get geck, remove launcher, forget account.

Go into vault 87, I'm sure there is one in there.

hope she brought sunscreen or else she is going to burn her skin badly in that situation

looks like a male crossdresser from a telltale game engine

Is it just me or does modding for fallout 4 seem dead compared to new vegas and fallout 3?

Its just you.

Gasmask should add fire resistance so she's fine

>Trying to figure out Outfit Studio

Am I retarded?

All the tutorials seem to be for a different program.

Even when I get the outfit I want to edit loaded, it looks nothing like it does in the BodySlide preview.

Anyone got an up-to-date Outfit Studio tutorial? All the ones from Skyrim seem to be for an older version and lynch pin menus seem to be different.

Comparatively the Fallout modding community has always been undermined by the size of the TES community. 4 has just been gimped by the whole turmoil with console modders, late release of the mod tools and the completely unnecessary release of Skyrim "HD".

>the whole turmoil with console modders
what turmoil?

When Bethesda announced the "genius" move that console versions of Fallout 4 would had mods, it created a wave of entitlemant amongst console players. They started demanding some of the more popular mod makers to stop being "elitist" and release their mods for console. When they pointed out it's literally impossible because of console limitations, console players started taking their stuff, tweaking them then releasing them on their own accounts saying "hey it isn't stealing when they were being elitist jerks :^)"

A load of modders on the PC just couldn't be bothered dealing with these children so they jumped ship or in same cases, took down all of their mods.

consolefags really do ruin everything...

genocide of console players when?

reminder that it's far more fun to play Nora because it's leagues more interesting to play a timid lawyer who has to adapt to a strange and dangerous world, whereas if you play th husband it's just "lol just like the army days, but with giant bugs"

Thats your opinion.

>extremely forced backstory
>no option to use your extensive prewar military or lawyer knowledge to your advantage

What happened to that guy who hid all his mods until after the US election? Was he eternally btfo?

^This

You should be able to talk with Paladin Danse about how to properly run a military.

Or be able to Lawyer yourself out of problems in Diamond City.

But what about like the whole other 80% of her body which is exposed to..well, pretty much fucking everything?

Fallout 4 has, ine one year, gained 1000+ more mods, and 30 mil+ more mod downloads compared to 8 years of Fallout 3.

And that is just Nexus alone.

Who knows about Bethesda net

The if there is anything that made Fallout 4's modding community seem slower, its that Bethesda did most of the major mods from Fo3/NV themselves as offical DLC

-Settlement building is Real Time Settler + Feng shuI, and covers most home base mods.
-PA was greatly improved like many PA mods.
-The weapon modding system is basically an expanded version of WMX.
-Companions and factions were, in general, far better, meaning people are less interested in making mods for that.
-Automatron covered Robco Certifited.
-Wasteland Workshop had concrete buildings, traps, planters, arenas, and tameable animals.
-Contraptions allowed you to build weapons/armor/ammo/clothes/food, and gave us weapon/armor racks.
-Vault-Tec workshop added buildable vaults, companion tracking, clean versions of many settlement items, facial reconstruction, and SPECIAL boost items.
-Nuka World gave us settlement raiding/raider stuff.

A fairly quick concept art I just did for my weapon mod. I'll be using the missile launcher animation set. Oh boy....

is it rocket gun?

cuz im down for rocket guns.

lmao it's supposed to be an smg. inspired by p90 obviously

So I modded the crap out of my game, but a brother of mine wants to play FO4 via steam family share. I know Backup & Restore Game reinstalls altered files, it reset the mods on Dragon's Dogma for me, but would it just copy the essentials without harming my mods for FO4 or would it fuck with shit, and what specifically if anyone knows?

Oh, i know the p90. you just said missile launcher animation and it got me giddy.

why hasnt some one done a bolter gun mod? like, one that shoots boolits going boom

any good weapon and ammo crafting mods?

I miss being able to make guns and stuff.

it's CBBE slim

is that a FAMAS?

>Bipod on an PDW/SMG

I like the way you designed it to integrate into the body, but the idea of having a bipod on small weapon firing lower power ammunition just seems silly.

The shorter variants near the top with folding stocks lack space for internal components or ejection ports, assuming it's still bullpup like a P90. And even if it's caseless there still needs to be a way to clear the chamber in the event of a jam or just to properly unload the weapon for storage.

Your main grip ergonomics seem a bit too forward and straight, but I realize that may be because of the animation limitations.

thanks for the input. but yeah, I'm just going for that foregrip anims since I can't do anything about that yet and limiting myself with something like an animation set gives me a more set idea what to make. anyway, the bipod thing is fucking dumb, I agree, but I wanted to go for the bigger round conversion. so i put it ther just for the convenience

>yfw SS second waifu is getting more and more attention thanks to her being a drug addict, nymphomaniac lock picking goddess and you're afraid you'll loose your sugar mama

what enb are you using?

Anyone know what mod these walls are from?

I pulled the screen from an Evilviking13 settlement build video, but I went through hist entire modlist and couldn't find the source :(

Yeah, its called the contraptions DLC.

Modular Housing by Stuyk?

There's a small problem with the P90, and P90 style weapons, and increasing the caliber. Essentially, the width of the weapon system is dependent on the length of its cartridge, so making that larger means the weapon has to be wider or you get this weird flying saucer magazine that wouldn't fit the carry handle / sights / rail mount.

Looking at a video of the missile launcher, it really looks like the missile launcher's reload animations wouldn't work for a P90 style weapon unless it was /much/ larger than a P90 and have sights off set like the missile launcher's scope, unless you do something crazy like integrating the sights onto the magazine.

You had a crazy idea using the missile launcher animations for a Fallout-P90, but I just don't see it working.

It's the VOGUE ENB Realism

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/42/?

Wow, I think they even shot civilians in this base, to avoid them to get inside and take shelter

Yeah, if you listen to the PA system, they say they'd shoot even the soldier's families if they didn't go away.

mega.nz/#!Zp5xEZ6b!ASenYTIqUAhYS57L1K-5U2IKeIe6CkZd4wZpCWjq7tU

I made a thing to replace the fo4 combat shotgun sound with the one from fo3. It's probably shit and the silenced sound is still the same, but I still like it more.

Yes, but I mean one thing is saying it over the speakers to scare the people out, another one is to actually do it, I mean there are skeletons with civilian outifits outside.
And this is just NEXT to that DIY nuclear shelter with the messy vent system, with the two kids' graves and their parents skeletons next to each other, embracing and waiting for death.

Jesus fuck man, sometimes this game really hits the spot.
And the it fucking crashes like a motherfucker
FUUUUUUCK

Neat gear, some clipping here and there (who cares anyway) but I like your style. Where'd you get that bandana from?

Good ol' fashioned racism
But who knows, maybe being detained then actually saved their lives from nuclear holocaust?
Maybe I look too far into this messy, bugged game?

I had an idea about intergrating the sights on the side of the gun. I think it's possible. Just gonna play around with this idea.

nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/11262/?

clipping is my middle name

Can this run on a toaster?
My toaster is a decade old but ran Fallout 3 & NV fine and Skyrim okay.

>Can this run on a toaster?
how much of a toaster?
I can but I can't go downtown because the frames go into the single digits

Post specs

There are infinite variables of what a toaster could be
Maybe it's a brave little toaster

I really wonder how people are having so many bugs with Fallout 4.

I've honestly played it for over 600 hours, and had only two CTDs(both of which were caused by mods), and only one quest I couldn't complete(the one with that girl in the Vault you can recruit for your settlement)

ATI Radeon HD 4550
Intel Celeron E1500 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz
4 GB RAM
Everything else is irrelevant.

It's a very brave toaster and I wouldn't want to fry it.

>Dual-Core
>4 GB RAM

Daily reminder that Wonder Body is the true patrician choice.

The problem with that is the P90 is such a small weapon, having side mounted or offset sights would be a bit... awkward.

You would probably have to deviate fairly far from the style of a P90 to make it work. If I could make a suggestion, look at the Lahti L-39. It's a much larger weapon system but it's a top loading weapon like the P90 and has offset sights that would work with the Missile Launcher animations.

Alternatively, you could go for a rather alien or super futuristic design. The Covenant Carbine from Halo is also a top loader and energy based, combining an alien looking scope eye piece with a battery slot might work.

>Intel Celeron E1500 Dual-Core 2.2 GHz
>4 GB RAM
God damn son, where did you get that museum piece?

It runs anime fine though.

might be time for an upgrade m'dude

This is why

Well, I think you're going to have to play a whole different game. Everything on low, god-awful resolution...see, FO, like Skyrim, has a huge CPU bottleneck problem, so having a Dual Core it's a drag, really.
And the RAM too, 8 GB is minum requirements I think?

I'm a product designer, and that's some nice sketching you got there. I can see it as a ballistic, Institute type weapon, since they only have energy ones. I'm not a great fan of the P90, but that front handle, man I really like it! Compared to that lame hole in the originale rifle, it's an interesting variation.
The compact one is my fav, I don't think it's work with a scope, as a sniper rifle, since the little caliber.

Not enough neetbux for that.

Idgaf about graphics unless it's boobs. I play everything on low, even things that would run fine on ultra.
I just don't want to see hours of loading screens and unbearable slowdowns in certain areas.
Skyrim was very smart with caching and keeping previously visited rooms in the memory. I wish more games would do that because that was an absolute blast of optimization.

>All these mods
I don't see how anyone could have that many mods.

I went through like 50 pages of mods starting from the most endorsed to the least, ending once i it mods that only got like 700-800, and found all of like 10 that weren't shit.

>Skyrim
>An absolute blast of optimization
Oh good lord

It's runs better than skyrim on the majority of the map, but when you go into boston the game shits itself. Loading screens are pretty long for me but they were long in skyrim too so idk. Might be related to having a ton of mods.

most endorsed list gets frozen after the few months when the hype train is still in full force. All the good mods came out more recently and to a smaller audience. If you go through each category and look at the newer stuff it's easy to hit 200+.

>All the good mods came out more recently and to a smaller audience. If you go through each category and look at the newer stuff it's easy to hit 200+.
I have done that also.

They still mostly all suck.

I love taking screenshots and installing ENBs and shit, even in Skyrim I always tried to run everything on ultra (failing miserably)
Yes but Skyrim wasn't very heavy on the graphic side, compared to games like Bioshock Infinite say, which is another medium/high quality game, graphics wise, and I run it all maxed out at 2560x1440 at a steady 60fps. Bethesda's games are very, very heavy because of the scrpting, all the loading "gimmicks" like you said before, it's a very complex way of working.
Maybe we played different games, yes it was less buggy, but I will never forget that day I first launched and the cart got stuck into Helgen's gate. Like WHAT.THE.FUCK.

Most of them are armor, weapons, power amors, outfit and clothes, because I want variety and the vanilla game looks so very...bland.
And then I also have a ton of settlements mods, so if you're into that, that's a HUUUUGE number of stuff you can download, from OCdecorator, Dino's decorations, SSEX, etc.
Then there are the texture optimizers, replacers and the crafting mods (I rpg as a sort of "mechanist/tinkerer" so lots of robots mods)
Then: companions mods, factions mods, perks mods.
Add to that being completely unable to merge .esp files and there you are. My loading screens vary from 2 to 5 mins.
Can we stop talking about Skyrim because man compared to FO that game with mods was a total blast. I had the time of my life ;_;

>Can we stop talking about Skyrim because man compared to FO that game with mods was a total blast. I had the time of my life ;_;
Whats funny is that I actually liked Skyrim out of all of Beth's previous games, and still got more enjoyment out of Fallout 4.

My main problem with mods is that I am a massive stickler

-I end up hating most weapon/armor mods because they either looks too modern, too tacticool, or just plain not fitting

-Most perk mods are unbalanced trash, even compared to the already unbalanced vanilla game.

-Companion and faction mods usually end up ruining everything that made the companions/factions good in favor of MOAR SPAM!

-Most crafting mods are usually unnecessarily obtuse in their design, and I can already craft most everything from the vanilla game with contraptions DLC.

But thats the same thing I had with Skyrim.

outside of like SkyUI, the unofficial patches, and a few texture replacers, I had like no mods for skyrim either.

Outside of a few quest mods I played once or twice then removed and reloaded an earlier save.

>outside of like SkyUI, the unofficial patches, and a few texture replacers, I had like no mods for skyrim either.
My heart weeps for you for not knowing the joys of expanded settlements, immersive NPCs, alternate start and other mods for maximum immersion. Shit like Ordinator alone makes a lot more builds viable and fun to play.

> Shit like Ordinator alone makes a lot more builds viable and fun to play.
Ordinator is everything wrong with rebalance mods in one package, and exactly why I avoid them.

> immersive NPCs
I used Immersive NPCs as well, and installed it after about an hour because that modders idea of "interesting" was "NPC who just spout UESP pages near verbatum"

>expanded settlements
Do you mean any one of those 50+ mods whose idea of making towns "better" is to just throw piles of crates and shrubbery all over the town?

Because those are everything you can do wrong to make a town more interesting.

>alternate start
The amount of convoluted gymnastics those mods make you do to bve able to start the MQ is exactly why I avoid them.

Okay FINE
reinstalling skyrim right now

I mean, even the radiant quests in FO4...most of the time is just, you know...killing people. The only interesting stuff is when you find journals, logs, and learn a little more about the lore and the War, but..other than that, there's little space to roleplaying.

Skyrim, on the other hand...and I mena, we're praising Skyrim like it was the greatest RPG ever compared to FO4

Lads, I'm spooked!

Looks like the perfect place for some night B-Ball.

See if Nick can dunk on your pre-war ass.

I haven't played Fo4 in months.

Any particularly outstanding mods come out lately?

>>>alternate start
>The amount of convoluted gymnastics those mods make you do to bve able to start the MQ is exactly why I avoid them.
How is going to Helgen then telling Baalgruf about the dragon attack convoluted? The diary shit is completely optional and it makes a point of telling you that.

and no, I'm not talking about JK's expanded settlements. I meant the more popular one that adds more shops and houses to give them an actual lived in look.

Sorry to hear you don't like Ordinator but I found it to be the best overhaul at making the game fun without being OP like in vanilla. The magic tree reworks were great and made playing a spellcaster incredibly fun. Especially with Apocalypse spell pack installed.

Skyrim wasn't great by any means but going through SSE and it's far more fun than anything I've done in FO4. Only thing I really miss is settlement building and lack of bodyslide for outfits.

>How is going to Helgen then telling Baalgruf about the dragon attack convoluted?
Because the entire premise is dumb, and gives you no real reason to go there, and no reason to care about the dragon attack even if you do.

> I meant the more popular one that adds more shops and houses to give them an actual lived in look.
Ahh,the ones that add 50 more generic NPcs that have a small list of stock lines, and basically empty houses and shops to recreate that GTA feeling of an obvious cardboard cutout world.

Fuck
That
Noise

>Sorry to hear you don't like Ordinator but I found it to be the best overhaul at making the game fun without being OP like in vanilla. The magic tree reworks were great and made playing a spellcaster incredibly fun. Especially with Apocalypse spell pack installed.
Apocalypse is EVEN WORSE.

Its almost skyRE/Requiem levels of terrible.

Yeah, I'm definitly hopping back on the Skyrim train once the SSE will get a more stable modding scene. Also, is it true ENBs won't work with newrim?

but lets stay on topic: why the companion system sucks so much? Robots are clunky as hell, human followers keep on throwing molotovs at me and they ALWAYS shoot at deerstags.

why

>why the companion system sucks so much?
what?
>Robots are clunky as hell
in what way?
>human followers keep on throwing molotovs at me
then don't give them any?
> and they ALWAYS shoot at deerstags.
Because they are hostile animals.

I think its just you.

NV and FO3 had really fucking slow starts on modding. FO4 is barely a year old. Granted, some shit happened that hindered FO4 modding somewhat, but its not dead.

If you want to help the modding scene, you could always learn how to mod for yourself. You will have 10x as much fun if you do.

Unfortunately, I don't think it is. Modular Housings whole deal seems to be that it's smaller pieces that you lego together, where this is a whole wall. I went through all their screenshots on nexus page and didn't see this texture.

I will download it later tonight though just to be sure, thanks.

Fallout has shit modding in general because the community is a bunch of pissy asshats who can't agree on anything, and who have been tearing themselves apart over what "makes a Fallout game a Fallout game" since Fallout 2 came out.

As much as TES players may bemoan changes in newer games, they still generally like the newer games regardless.

TES also has the advantage of being a fantasy game, which allows for are more openness in what you can do compared to scifi.

>the community is a bunch of pissy asshats who can't agree on anything

True

When I first said I was going to make a heavy plasma weapon similar to the Plasma caster, one of the replies I got was basically pic related, because Plasma Casters were supposedly precursors to Plasma rifles. What I wanna know is, why is the Plasma Caster a 100 energy skill weapon in NV, then? It does more damage than plasma rifles too!

I have a personal issue with videogames in that once I get to a certain point and I feel too powerful, I simply lose interest and start a new character or just quit. I've done thins a dozen times in Fallout 4 alone.

How do you do it? What makes you guys continue playing the game after you've already completed the stories and such?

>TES also has the advantage of being a fantasy game, which allows for are more openness in what you can do compared to scifi.
Arthur C Clarke