/ovg/ - Engine Failure Edition

Previous Thread: Our Wiki will answer every question you could possibly have. All frequently asked questions can easily be found on the main page itself:
>get-good.net

Our Mumble server is incredibly active and features over 30 regular visitors, drop by and introduce yourself!
>Mumble IP: mumble.get-good.net
>Port: 64738

Join the /ovg/ group on Steam!
>steamcommunity.com/groups/ovgonsteam

Equipment Guide
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uLKMbKwweUZ3QvFeNs8UeycZbDyo0McxGj7T6uTaTNo/edit#gid=0

Skinning guide with rF2-specific help:
>mega.nz/#!ygMSASyZ!ai1NXzFwq174ZmQYi3V_48eeEOCr_z4YOo9g8txxlDU

We're racing on Saturday, Sunday, and sometimes on Friday. Check out our Google doc for more info!
>docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1R3KWTJsrlS9X2EZUNXY8KbHfsHD-t3_EU_A1n6wBBQc

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/scfY50fxBWs?t=263
youtube.com/watch?v=VqKxarR71E4
gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t2902-passiveobsessive-skins
youtube.com/watch?v=-5TwDVUissM
store.steampowered.com/app/431600/
youtube.com/watch?v=JbUaUHfM_tE
twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/798532879215104001
discord.gg/ZVgHf
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

2nd for fish lips

>He drives auto

to the user who didn't believe RSRBR Alsace is a RBR Sipirkakim retexture

nobody enjoys this

t. everybody

perfect line

>he kills his engine

Barney here, and you need a Vasectomy!
Go get a fucking vasectomy!
youtu.be/scfY50fxBWs?t=263

your stupid

anyone playing motorsport manager? pretty comfy

it's ok but some shit is really strange as though it was made by people with no clue about motorsport.

youtube.com/watch?v=VqKxarR71E4

Gotta go FAST

Should I paint the hood and front bumper back to white?
>tfw took me half an hour to place all the layers correctly
fuck.

I'd say pull it back a bit to make it kinda look like one of these cloth bumper/hood protectors

well i stand corrected, think its cause I thought siprakim (or however its spelt) is Finnish but it's japanese i just realised

who has special access granted to gtr2-endurance forumotion org ?

me

Nah I was going for those matte aftermarket front fenders you always see but I decided to take a break before doing to front bumper because it's tiring

Any webms of the race start from yesterday? Pretty sure it was one of the cleanest we've ever had.

>average of less than 4 cars per class
I sure fucking hope it would be.

>didn't even shift abnormally
Restart when?

That was the same spot Ranek blew his engine 10 minutes before the end of the race

this is what you get for playing a jew mod

Guys I'm really enjoying Dirt 3 on PC which I got it on Humble Bundle, does anyone know if the console version runs on 60 fps? I want to play it on the big screen

I'm fucking glad Turn10 brought back the FC.

kahimi opinion

you plug your pc on the tv

cool. gtr2-endurance.forumotion.org/t2902-passiveobsessive-skins
I need M6 GT3 for AMS. Can you upload them?

what the fuck they were scaled down
original resolution was 5760x1080

>microsoft

You uploaded them to Xbox Live?

Well sure. Figured that since it wasn't complaining about the 3x resolution and Forza has previously had a "bigshot" mode it might upload them at full resolution. I guess not.

>Hide UI
>Press Win+Alt+PrtScr
>Get full res screenshot without damn Forza watermark

Full resolution in that case is like 1080p, which is a bit stupid.
Take screenshots on your PC directly next time

AUSSIE RACING CARS MOD WHEN?

Play FH3, it's full of aussie cars.

But they're not the Aussie Racing Cars I'm talking about

See

just do it

People were like:
>wah they slide to much people will crash into others so the racing will be shit apart from a couple of tryhards that will take it too seriously

Basically similar whining to the legends/86 series.

youtube.com/watch?v=-5TwDVUissM

If he can do it, why we can't them?

*we can't drive them

They're not awful, just not where we need to be to take use of it for a series. We would only run into problems if we were to do something somewhat serious with it.

I'll never understand some people on /ovg/ who don't want to race because they think they'll crash, or that EVERYONE will crash.

I mean what do you DO in rFactor, sit in the pitlane with the engine off? Have you ever heard of practice?

iirc the only aussie legends mod is for rf1 and rf2 is the new hotness in sim value right now, which is why there is not a season for them atm.
Legends will come out for RF2 soon as well.

it's more becuase of the shitty netcode and collisions are never realistic online

>I'll never understand some people on /ovg/ who don't want to race because they think they'll crash, or that EVERYONE will crash.
They don't want to race because they know as soon as they fuck up and possible hurt someone's race, they will get instantly shitted on.

what are you even talking about

>I'll never understand some people on /ovg/ who don't want to race because they think they'll crash, or that EVERYONE will crash.
who?

in AC maybe, but no problems with rF1/2

could somebody kindly post a link to automobilista please??

store.steampowered.com/app/431600/

How do i make FH3 FFB not shit?

also is it me or simulation steering is retarded since it snap you in the other direction when you counter steer?

Graphically, this game looks very sharp. It runs on PC hardware (not the Sega Nu or Ringedge…maybe we could call it the Europa 2) and the color palette seems to be slightly over-saturated to provide that Bright Blue Skies look that the original game was known for. The cars are streamlined instead of having the chunky polys and the lighting is great, especially on the 3rd track where it takes place in the evening so you get some good shadow effects going on. You can also see reflections on your hood when in the first person hood mode. They also seem to be using anti-aliasing as I did not notice any jagged edges and the textures look great. It slightly reminds me of the KO Drive (a never released Sega race) look but further improved.

From what I can recall of the original, this “feels” like Daytona USA but it has new paint and features that to me make it appealing to the current arcade market. I look forward to spending more time on it but also seeing the completed software.
VIDEO
youtube.com/watch?v=JbUaUHfM_tE

So, basically you're saying ovg is actually dead and will never have a proper series again?

post yfw everyone kills their engines in S3 at Istanbul

>tfw so many cars in FH3 i don't know what to choose

fug

Use only stuff you get from wheelspins or the cheapest car you can find in auctions.

So, erm... Simraceway is back?

Oh hey, I remember playing that ages ago. Fun game.

What

The website and servers are back up. They're slow as shit, but they're back up.

Never mind, server's still dead, but the website is up.

>Have you ever heard of practice?
"Series organizers" don't even show up to admin their own races and you think anyone practices

/ovg/ is dead because the dankest memers ended up in charge instead of anyone actually good or experienced with sim racing and it will stay dead until they stay in their own mumble channel instead of spamming the thread with complete nonsense every time their medication runs out.

could be an interesting game if the pricing wasn't retarded

>"Series organizers" don't even show up to admin their own races

Not everyone is Von Moltke who let's tomthy in his stead. The rest, unless something urgent popped up, were participating normally. Even paul showed up in touge and the AC ovgt3. Don't generalise like a retard.

>FH3
So they ever going to fix online adventure XP?

It's pretty bad that you don't have to race at all, you can sit in dead last and just drift until the end of the event and win.

At the very least they disabled HE XP bonus.

But in my experience racing well works ok. Maybe I've never played against sluts exploiting this as much as they could, or only joined lobbies in which the top guys all drove without assists and banked large bonuses that compensated for the shitters drifting, but I've had a few wins just by doing well.

I don't get the xp system anyways, I'll have matches were I get 20+k for a race and then one where it barely gives me 9k.

No one except some random man lady from england get's mad about this. Leave /ovg/, i doubt you even race or play games here anyway.

Clean racing bonus?
I don't know how much XP it's worth

There is no one in charge. You are free to start your own series at any time

>No one except some random man lady from england get's mad about this.
Nice one, you have no argument, so you called me valrys. You sure got me there pal.
>i doubt you even race or play games here anyway.
You don't either. And since you like making assumptions, go and play poker stars or governor of poker, or whatever is the flavor of the month in the ovg """"memes"""" right now, kahimi.

Are we chasing out kahimi next?

Am I memeing this right?

pretty good

second most satisfying game to crash in, the first being rfactor because you know you made some autist mad

You haven't played AC I guess?

The salt there is amazing.

Indycars ran smoothly and was completed, touge and ac gt3 did not at all.

It's one thing to show up, but it's another thing to show up and know how to handle things or put peope in charge to do it when life gets in the way.

Do kraid next

Who

Not in a while, but I should try it.

>twitter.com/SegaAmusements/status/798532879215104001

Daytona USA 3 is here lads.

[SCAT SINGING INTENSIFIES]

I'll be the personal trap of anyone who can start a good rf1 series

>There is no one in charge. You are free to start your own series at any time
Except when people ban each other on mumble because of feel feels and that is the only way to organize shit, there's a problem.

discord.gg/ZVgHf

You can just post here about your series. You dont *NEED* Mumble or Discord to get something rolling

Make your own, there is and has never been anyone incharge of this aside fron the server.

So, we should be running classic Ranwec this Saturday. I'm suggesting Mid-Ohio for the track unless anyone else has a suggestion?

I'll bite. What qualifies for you as a good rf1 series, that runs a mod that we never used, and can be accessible enough for people to not abandon it due to frustration after a couple of races?

>Good rf1 series

Hard to do with no good rf1 mods buckaroo

ROUEN

LIME ROCK

MAGNIFICENT PARK

DRM

Shorter tracks are great with low player counts.

Remember when Brian "Small Dick" Costantino ran DRM? Yeah good luck getting any turn out for that.