Cars you would drive

>If it werent for that one thing
I find most subarus to be comfy, attractive, and i like the way they do AWD.
I refuse to buy one because of the stupid engines.

Other urls found in this thread:

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5853074801.html
twitter.com/AnonBabble

whats wrong with the boxer engine? is it the fact that they are hard to work on?

>twice as many parts to fail
>subaru known for headgaskets, ringlands, puddles of oil on top of engine,
They really would benefit from an I4

hm im thinking about getting this '07 forester as a winter beater.

newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5853074801.html

bad idea? I mean it seems like it was taken care of regardless of the high mileage

Forget pic?

RX-7, same reason, garbage rotary.
Im considering saving for RX-7 and then doing an LS swap though.

The lack of windows, I love everything about these, especially the interior, but the lack of visibility is just fucking absurd.

Possibly

>'07 forest as a winter beater
>not 500$ corolla

Thats not a good reason.
Its just ignorant
>thread goes to shit at this point with rotary memes

>waaaaah someone wants to modify their car in a way i dont approve

Its not that. Its just for s stupid reason.
Buy a vette and stop ruining the thread

find me a $500 corolla and ill pay you 100 bucks

I'd buy the fuck out of a first gen Impreza - coupe. Which is impossible to find in Europe.

>They really would benefit from an I4
No, because that would be adding even more weight in front of the front axle (on AWD Subie's) causing even more understeer. Subaru should just get their shit together in terms of reliability and ease of maintenance. There's room to improve.

>OP asks for a reason
>He gives one
>You sperg out over it

Who's ruining the thread here?

>OP likes everything about Subaru except the boxer engine
>Its acceptable
>Someone likes everything about RX-7 except the rotary engine
>KYS FAGGOT OMG STOP
Why are rotards like this?

Aluminum block I4 isnt going to ruin subarus already terrible weight over the axles.

Honda civic. Everything about it would make it a great car for me. It fits all my requirements , except the stupid fan base makes it completely repulsive to me.

>car: corvette
>reason: slower than GT-R

It's not about the weight per se, it's about where it's located. For that matter, every single Subaru flat four I can think of uses an aluminium block, which make them about as heavy as an I4 - maybe even lighter, because the block is shorter.

Anyways, location is more important. "Thanks" to Subaru's AWD system, engines are always in front of the front axle. The longer the engine, the further out if sticks. Simply put, a V or boxer is the shortest you can go(outside of a radial engine) compared to an inline (which is the longest layout). Therefore, V, flat or boxer would be better, since it keeps the CoG as far rearward as possible. It doesn't show up in axle weight measurements, but it does have effect on how much a car understeer. You can't (easily) have a V4 because of balance issues, so Subaru went with the flat four (and later flat six because it's easy to expand architecture that way).

First gen Imprezas are literally AWD Corollas without the reliability.

I never understood why they didn't just use an i4 behind the front axle and run the driveshaft through the oil Pan or to the side if it. Would make much more sense from a performance perspective

Toyota did it just fine. With an iron block.

You could always have the engine after the axle, would just mean a really long front end though.

This is another one of those cars
Would drive if it werent for
>carbed
>no power
>glass trans
>old as fug
Make this car again toyota!!!! Bring it back!!!

I found a $500 dollar civic. Problem is that it needs cosmetic repairs.

>pic related

As someone who hates the fanbase more than anything, nobody's going to car if you keep it stock and aren't a douche about it. Also don't get a coupe.

care*

why tho, carbs fucking suck cocks

I mean make a modern version.
Moron

I would buy a CR-X, Integra, or Prelude if they weren't FWD.

Also Miata if they didn't have the gay stigma.

The gay stigma is in your insecure mind.

>Also Miata if they didn't have the gay stigma.

why do you care about what other people think of the miata. You that insecure?

I have never seen a Subaru that had an interior at least on part with a Chevy and that's saying something

Are you a lesbian?

Are toy metro-sexual?

Wut? I road trip in a buddies Forrester all the time.
Its comfy as fuck. Heated seats. Moon roof. Nice placement of cubbies and cup holders
You be crazy

The EJ22 was a solid engine, head gaskets arent an issue if you use good ones, Subaru needs to pony the fuck up and start using quality gaskets from the factory

Because that would intrude into the passenger space, which is a compromise most car companies aren't willing to make. Besides, Subie's AWD isn't for pure performance, it's for traction in situations where there is less like rain and snow. Most manufacturers do this.

That's not permanently AWD though, it's 4WD. Not designed for road usage.

You could theoretically design a longitudinal AWD system like that, but it'd mean placing the engine above the transmission, or not in the centre, resulting in unequal length halfshafts. Subaru's symmetrical system is kinda elegant, actually, and although it's far from optimal, it makes sense for how they're building their cars, and synergises well with the flat engines. The only more 'elegant' AWD setups would be VAG-style midengined ones, and hybrids in terms of number of drive shafts and centralising weight.

And then you'd have less passenger space.

Get inside of a Chevy post 2008 and you'll know what I am talking about. Pre to they were on par.

If you think I am crazy you probably are scattered brained to notice anything save for the brladest strokes in aesthetics or have no sense of interior design decorum

>Also Miata if they didn't have the gay stigma.
I used to be in the same boat then I got over it and just fucking bought one. The truth is nobody in real life cares and the only people who perpetuate the "hurr durr gay" thing are obnoxious manchildren insecure with their own sexuality that aren't worth being around anyway.

The ownerbase is actually the most knowledgeable (about cars in general) and friendly I've seen among any car's ownerbases and was fucking shocked. These people knew about the stereotypes, didn't care, went out and bought a great car anyway so I suppose it lends itself to being the driverbase with the highest concentration of enthusiasts. NA owners tend to be annoying twats, though.

I would seek one of these out if 95% of them weren't all automatic.

I love how the 900 looks but I just cannot deal with that backwards mounted engine. I don't even want to imagine replacing a drive belt on one of these fuckers.

Loved my toyota pickup.
Wont buy another because lolnopower

Saabs in general man, love the idea but I couldn't deal with the unreliability, pain in the ass to work on or hard/expensive to get parts for aspects of them.

>tfw no tuned 9-5 Aero SportCombi or 900 Turbo coupe on phat tri-spoke wheels

A FD RX7, if they weren't so damn expensive

>head gaskets, ring lands, puddles of oil

That's a particular version of the EJ25 motor that had the gasket issue.

My EZ30 motor has none of the issues you mention.

The boxer is actually really easy to work on. Spark plugs are a bit of a bitch to replace though.

The engines that dont have issue are insanely slow.

It's not that bad, as long as you have a garage. I dropped the engine and did a full clean and rebuild on my engine, replacing the timing chain. Car drives unlike any other FWD car i've ever driven.

I won't disagree with you, friend.

My engine has 180kW and near 300Nm, but never feels like it. Seems Subaru aren't interested in performance outside the wrx/ STI.

yeah i guess its pure coincidence miata is always chosen for photos like this

kek

Kinda like mustangs huh?

or this

With an LPG since 100k km and 1.6 litre engine.

Alternators are extremely easy to access though. And who changes spark plugs anyways?
I don't know how it is on the bigger engines, but you need to just remove the airbox and you need smaller hands and you are ready.

RX7 IS the rotary engine you fucking braindead ameriburger.
Go be a fat bastard sonewhere else.