Veeky Forums related humor

>typical frs/brz owners edition

Found some gold on facebook and wanted to share.

Consider suicide. This isn't funny.

>did you tune for it
>what do you mean tune
>nothin' homie. fill'er up!
all of my keks

Patrick Saez detected.

spotted the toyotabaru owner

Will post more OC on a bit, trust me there's more gold in the comments

>yfw patrick is trolling fb nerds

best one

I don't see how it could cause a CEL. Gasoline already has 10% ethanol. E85 would just be like high octane fuel. Are new cars not flex fuel capable anymore? It was all the rage 5 years ago.

>facebook
>typical X I don't like
Holy fuck go back to that shithole and stay there, this shit is even below /b/

I am guessing that like some other performance oriented cars, the stock fueling cannot support the flow demands of e85 under load and he ran quite a bit lean.

You know what is funny? GM's ability to compete.

>what do you mean tune

Whats wrong with owning a GT86?

Nothing, it's just that a lot of the people who own a Toyobaru are clueless boyracers who shit up their cars.

Isn't that true with just about any car?

more so with the 86 than any other car at the moment

you can't leave it at just that man, what happened to his car?

Why would you think a high content of alcohol would behave like a high content of octane?

The fuel system was not programmed to deliver alcohol and its energy density. Gasoline has around 40MJ/L where one hundred percent Ethanol is more about 20.5/21.2MJ/L. Almost half. So E85 is going to put you somewhere around 25/28MJ/L.

Unless the PCM is aware that for the same programmed duty cycle the engine is receiving about 12MJ less per litre of fuel consumed, it's going to continue injecting liquid fuel at rates as if it were gasoline.

This means that not only is there far less power generated for the same amount of fuel, the lambda is right out the fucking window.

So a modern PCM inputs show O2 lambda is incorrect, generated torque versus expected torque is way down and if there are thermocouples in the exhaust they will be reading an overheat if calibrated to gasoline.

O2 Sensor error, catalytic converter temperature error and possible expected delivery error. I can see why the CEL appeared.

So why is that funny? Seems more tragic to me. Rather than laugh at them you could educate them which would mean not only did you just help someone, you've potentially saved a nice car from serious damage, and you may make a new friend in the process. But I suppose laughing at others who simply haven't learned something they are still new too is easier for you, huh?

They're screencaps my friend sent me, I don't know any of those people or use FB.

He's going to need to have his fuel system flushed which is a couple thousands dollars usually. That is if he hasn't driven his car enough to cause serious damage from it running so lean, leading to detonation, which can lead to a bent rod.

>""""""""""""""""""""""""""""nice"""""""""""""""""""""""""" car

It's not funny, it's fucking hilarious. And yes it's way easier to laugh at someone than to help them. There are just too many dumbass frs/brz owners out there.

I'm disappointed in you, user.

phone nigger ban when?

Mate the best education is experience.
I can tell you all day to get your ECU tuned so your long hard project doesn't shit the bed but you can decide to skimp out or just take it for a ride beforehand.
Then all the sudden we're loading your "nice car" onto a trailer because you're back to square one.
This has happened and he never questioned me again.

Kek. I saw it on the exhaust first and thought "dat nigga gon start a fire!" And then saw the driveshaft. At least it won't be there long enough to start on fire.

It's funny because it's 2016. You can be right at the edge of mobile phone reception and still pull up the oil scraper piston ring end gap for a 1994 build CAT 3208, or the camshaft profile for some who-the-fuck-knows-what bitsa VW from the seventies because you can faintly mark out Isky 239.

But these cunts who are smart enough to type their life fucking story into a social media text box for attention cannot be bothered or have never thought to enter 'brz e85 safe?' or 'what is e85?' or even 'how does the four stroke engine work?' into a search engine. If you are literate enough to read and post the lyrics to pop songs on Facebook you are literate enough to read how the machine you paid good money for works and how to keep it working.

while I'd say we can all agree with you, you expect too much from mexican bean boi racers.

Funny story:

I was talking a couple of years ago with a Jettaboy. Here, fuccbois with MkIV and MKV Jettas are all your stereotypes about ricers, BRZfags, stancefags, ALL OF THEM rolled into one. He said he had an APR CAI, a Stage 2 whatevermarketingshit and that once he ran his car on the quarter-mile with Sunoco fuel instead of pump gas and did a worse time.

I asked the fuccboi if he had tuned his ECU to take advantage of the new fuel's higher octane rating, if he had fiddled with the ignition timing or added more boost. He had no idea what a fucking higher octane rating was for.

The kind of dumbfucks that claim to be enthusiasts, I swear to fuck...

pretty good

why cant the car tune itself from higher octane pump gas?

i mean I've tread leaded 109 before in my 80 tarbo shitbox, it ran better, but I only poured in just over a gallon on a nearly empty tank, and quickly added a half tank to dilute before I ran too lean.

rip catalysts...

Was civics till 2008 then was wrx, miata, and rx8 a hell of a lot more.

A car can detune itself with an knock sensor to sense lower octane, but you can't really sense higher octane.

I think I expect too much from humans in general.

>cadillac converter
>axing
good fuck

>Cadillac converter

This whole post is why I fucking hate JDMbabbies

Bravo.

This is what mass transit was created for.

>Stafford
Down the fucking street.
This cunt.

>butthurt vape86 owner detected.

Your butthurt only makes me grow stronger