I let my dumb little high school brother borrow my BMW to impress his dumb little high school date and he got drunk and...

I let my dumb little high school brother borrow my BMW to impress his dumb little high school date and he got drunk and crashed it. I have full coverage, but will my insurance even take care of the damage, and if so is there a way to do it with out getting him in trouble? Of course I know there need to be consequences for his actions, but I just don't have it in me to let him get arrested :/

Pic isn't my car

Lul, you fucked up. You're going to need to file a claim, and unless you want to get fucked by the insurance company, you'll need to put him at fault. I hope you've got him rated on your car, otherwise you're just plain screwed.

Make him pay out of pocket.

You really think some idiot highschooler will have money for repairs?

Not right away but eventually

Your brother is fucking stupid and you're even more retarded for trusting him when he clearly can't be trusted. If you can't pay thousands of dollars for repairs enjoy the ensuing clusterfuck.

Don't tell anyone about the accident. Part out the car. When down to the chassis, dump it in a lake or out in the desert. Then report car missing.

that's the point retard

What's the best way to get my car stolen for the insurance money?

>will insurance cover it?
not unless you tell them how it was wrecked. Either you put yourself at fault or put him at fault, and if your insurance is half competent, they'll ask details. You can fabricate a story, but if you get caught, it's your ass on the line. How much do you care for your brother?

>I have full coverage, but will my insurance even take care of the damage

The company will look at the damage and the police report. If the car is stolen, then my company progressive requires a police report. Otherwise they take no action.

As for liability to the car, my policy insures only myself and it states that it doesn't insure other drivers. So if your BMW was my car and I told Progressive I loaned my car out, they would say it was my brother that was was responsible for the damage. They would then tell me they will contact his insurance company for reimbursement on my behalf after I filled out a car accident report with the police legally stating all the facts.

It seems Progressive's main filter of facts is the police report.

Leave keys in ignition, unlocked.

You`re fucked.

first off, how bad is it?

secondly, if he's not covered under your policy, you're SOL unless you try and commit fraud by claiming it stolen, and even then, you're going to need to do plenty of work to be able to pull off such a claim.

you guys are fucked really; either you're fucking yourself out of a car, or you're fucking over your parents and your brother.

either way, you're a dumbass for lending your brother your car.

>he got drunk and crashed it.
Have his insurance cover it. Easy. All drivers are required to have a valid driver's license AND to be insured in the USA.

Anyways, since it crashed, didn't the police already make a police report on the crash? That's pretty standard. People see a crash and they report it to the police.

Most individual insurance policies don't cover other drivers. That's standard, but then again I don't know what insurance company and type of policy you got. You gave minimal info so all the posters in here have to make assumptions.

>you're SOL unless you try and commit fraud by claiming it stolen

If there are any witnesses to your brother and his date in the car, or if the date decides to file a police report or blackmail you, your fraud case can be very expensive up to felony level. Blackmail is pretty powerful. She needs to finish her college education, and you should pay for it or she will report you to the police as the data is on her cellphone with pictures.

1.Leave it in the middle of desert
2.report stolen
3.?????
4.profit

Let him get arrested for destroying your car. If not than the insurance is going to name you liable. Covering for his dumb ass will not make him learn.

The ID is fine but the auto insurance remains with the car and title holder of that vehicle even before it was ever registered to a state.

How is he not already arrested? Did he flee from the accident?

Why would he stay when it is not his car?

Have fun with a civil suit and spending a bunch on lawyers for the possibility of maybe actually getting some money back in the distant future.

Otherwise you should've just reported it stolen as soon as you heard he crashed it.

Do people actually get away with reporting their car is stolen?

Yes. Cars getting stolen is a common thing and many of them are never recovered since they get chopped so quick. You need to dump it in a lake or totally wreck it and leave it in the hood. But if insurance companies suspect you of anything, they have a lot of people on their payroll who can fuck up your whole plan if they find out.

Drive it into the hood wearing your MAGA hat. Tell somebody to get a job. When mob forms, get out and flee for your life. Car will get destroyed. And you can tell the cops the truth.