Had to take my gtr for a safety inspection

>had to take my gtr for a safety inspection
>hear the apprentice kid they sent my car with to do the brake test doing a fucking burnout up the end of the street

Other urls found in this thread:

lotus-carlton.co.uk/general/damaged_cars/0057D.htm
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a0O4mv39rVw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>driving a dyno queen

brought my car to dealer for service, park it in designated area. Walk inside to fill out paperwork, finish and walk outside to make phonecall. Hear service manager loudly say EASY ON THE CLUTCH to the mechanic bringing it in.
>mfw

>Going to a dealer
>ever
>for any reason

I don't have tools or time

nice bait, but while im responding i might as well tell you to go bitch out the shop manager or owner or whoever. dont let that shit fly

>drive my C5 to the mechanic for tires
>his brown C4 is parked outside the shop
>model of a yellow C5 by the register
>carefully drives my vette into the garage like it's his own child

>drop car off at mechanic
>get a call about 2 hours later
>hi the apprentice forgot to put the handbrake on and the car rolled into a wall your mirror bumper and headlight are smashed

>hear the apprentice kid they sent my car with to do the brake test doing a fucking burnout up the end of the street
Some GM car models give you a "Teen Driver" settings page. You can set max parameters and even radio volume on that as well as track where the car was driven and how long it spent anywhere. It will send the data to you on your smartphone app so that you can monitor from anywhere in the world. BUT you can also set a max speed on the car. So that kid won't be able to go so fast on the highway if you set it to 55MPH max.

Service lot kids do things like that. Redline the engine. Burn out. Drive it hard over bumps. I guess it's their revenge on the world. I had my car in for service and after it was done, I saw my car going up the hill in the distance. The kid had shoved the accelerator to the max as I heard the engine roar far too loud. It had to be in the red warning zone.

>import a classic worth more than 30 grand
>have it shipped on a ferry to avoid an extra two day roadtrip
>deck hand decides to give it a spin on the shipping yard
>oops :DD

Brake test on the Street?
What third World country are you from OP?

India

>My precious engine going in the red warning zone!
You're supposed to thrash the engine every now and then, are you trying to get carbon build-up?

>lotus-carlton.co.uk/general/damaged_cars/0057D.htm

Holy shit.

How much for the tires? I need some but can only find the set for around 1400.

"Okay, fix em."

wait to get mad if he starts with some sort of WELLLLL nonsense... u broke it u fix it, faggot... for free.

>op has never heard of a safety burnout
baka family
m.youtube.com/watch?v=a0O4mv39rVw

Not when it's cold.

>be like 5 years ago
>friends dad bought him new Shelby for bday present (richfags)
>takes it in for service at dealership down street from family business
>his dad catches the mechanic on their security cams doing a burnout on the street on a test drive
>they make a copy and send it to dealership
>dealership fires mechanic and buys them new set of tires and next service free

Careful fags

>buy 2016 Subaru WRX STI off the lot
>happy because worked hard for a brand new car and finally back from deployment
>standing out front waiting for them to pull it around
>they cut the corner too sharp and hit the curb fucking up the right side front rim
>dealer says "oh its just a scratch it'll buff out"

>tfw

that's when you walk away from the deal and demand your money back if you already signed any paperwork

>get RSX inspected
>2009
>rubber on the underbody
>Go to dealer
>Throw shitstorm in front of people buying cars saying they charge extra, hidden shit, false warranties, etc
>All 20ish people walk out in the middle of sales
>Fucked dealer out of at least 100k
>threaten to sue
>Dealer pays me 1k and tells me the little shit who did it
>He gets fired
>Find his house and steal all of his chebby truck's rims
>Potatoe in exhaust
>Bologna on hood
>Brake fluid on doors
>Have a laugh when i see the police report in the paper

Same dealer passes me on every inspection now even with shot rings.

>How much for the tires? I need some but can only find the set for around 1400.

You have to shop around. Check with warehouse club places such as Sam's or Costco. You don't need a membership to check the prices. Deals and promotions go on too with various brands at random times even at Sears which had that Continental tire deal where if you buy 3 you get the 4th free. As long as you get a written offer, other places that do special orders will match it.

For example, I like my local Les Schwab store, so I will try to get offers from Sam's Club and Costco and then have Les Schwab special order the tires and install with TPMS changeover included at the same price.

Les Schwab fixed my flat for me at closing time. I was desperate so I was quite happy. I have not forgotten that and always make sure they get an attempt to sell new tires to me. Some of the times they do manage to price match or come close so I go with them.

>had to take my gtr for a safety inspection
Steering wheel comes back with grimy sticky feeling. It was clean when I left it with them. Tons of thick fingerprints on interior door handle.

It got me to do a general light cleaning of surfaces in the car after I got it back and parked in a nearby parking lot out of their sight. No need to insult them by letting them see me clean the car.

>are you trying to get carbon build-up?

I regularly use top tier gasoline from Costco with its 5X detergent and the occasional Regane Fuel System Cleaner.

nice

>in cali
>have to take s13 240sx in to smog to get registered in my name
>guy throws it on the sniffer and does a power pull for the fuck of it
>mfw stock single cam with exhaust leak at header and shit rusted out muffler (but apparently 20+ year old good cat)

>still dont pass 15mph test

>Work at harley dealer
>Never fuck with customer's bikes
>Absolutely rip on all the pre-owns

Don't buy a bike from my dealership.

that was about 10 months ago, but i did exactly that and went to a different dealership.

Also got a way better deal and they hooked me up with a lot of shit for free.

The WA state sniffer tests also verify there is the expected amount of CO2 in the exhaust for that speed. It's to insure that no one fools the test by adding regular clean air into the exhause to dilute the amount of NOX and other pollutants.

>absolutely rip
>on a harley
you must have a lot of fun :^)

>worked hard
>back from deployment
yeah, doubt it.

Hey, don't rag on the poor dude, Kuwait is a deployment too man

>went to a different dealership.
>Also got a way better deal and they hooked me up with a lot of shit for free.
Some people claimed in past threads that dealerships priced their service fees according to how many hours each job took. I don't doubt that, but the dealers don't seem to use the same "booking hours" established by the manufacturer on all things.

My local stealership uses booking hours to their advantage. They like to combine multiple jobs together but do not pass the cost savings to the customer. For example, if there was a job to replace the header gasket and a job to replace the timing chain, they would charge them sequentially on the paperwork instead of rewriting it as one job where both the gasket and timing chain are done together.

shit that never happened.tiff

>parents go to dealership to buy SUV cause im in the oven
>pick out a black Cherokee and take it for a final test drive before buying it
>tells the dealer in the car they'll take it
>He says "congrats!" and lights up a cigarette in the car they're about to buy with a pregnant woman in it.

Parents 360'd and noped the fuck out.

Not car related, but funny

>work at a pizza place
>guy delivers a pizza
>15min later an angry nigress shows up in my drive thru complaining about her pizza
>tells me she's pregnant as has to eat as she stands in my drive thru and lights a cig

Did they pay for it?
i would have drown the motherfucker

>you're
Yes exactly. The owner not the shop gopher

>gtr
>burnouts

how to tell OP is a lying faggot.

Call cops. Inspect black mark. Demand money for wear and tare and tire

Laugh and say have it fixed by tuesday...

>owns c5 vette

I didn't know senior citizens posted on Veeky Forums

Lmao i thought u were talking about audi. Gtfo from here fag with ur vette

Ugh. putting face marks on the paint.

I guess that's better than greasy hand prints and cheek marks on my side windows from homeless and other prowlers looking to see if I have anything worth stealing. I have tinted windows, so they have to do that to see inside.

What country are you people from? Burger land and no mechanic or apprentice has ever driven my car off their lot. Never heard of such a thing.

>Have a 1997 Lexus SC300 on its ORIGINAL clutch
>No slipping, no issues, but I'm going gentle on it because it has 19 years and 200,000 miles on it
>Take it to Lexus dealership for something
>Tall attractive blonde 30-something takes my key and goes to pull it in
>Starts car
>Immediately stalls it with a loud buck

>TFW filthy airman pog

enjoy sleeping in the sand with shitty food and constant fear of sand niggers.

I've never had a bad experience at a Lexus dealership because theyre so based and treat you like you actually mean something unlike most shitty dealerships, but now I see how problems could arise

>the red warning zone
hahaha what a faggot

Oh yeah no, having dealt with Audi and Mazda dealerships, the Lexus one has always been a good experience. It just made me wince.

>tfw you went from going to a lexus dealership to a toyota dealership

It's like going from a gated community to the ghetto. I literally hate the toyota dealership with a passion. Especially the one near me.

One time they fucking stalled my car trying to back it off of the lift. It's got limited stalls left and I was furious

>go to BMW dealership
>sell both kidneys and a lung
>still $5,000 short for repairs/replacement parts
>faggot fucking service monkey just stares at me with this retarded fucking face

Source on pic

>work in a service shop
>Challenger R/T due for inspection
>slow Sunday
>grab my inspector buddy and jump in the passenger seat
>tell him to go for it
>laugh hysterically as he fights with it for traction

>tfw when army signal core
I'm right there too dude, not allowed to leave the fob cause I give people their facebook and shit