Who taught you how to drive?

Who taught you how to drive?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=3mDpEmxjYOs
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

The touge taught me everything I know about how to drive.

dad put me behind the wheel at 13 in, uncle taught me stick at 15 on his ancient diesel nissan forklift at his company

Grand turismo, nfs 98

I shit you not.

My mom taught me to drive the wrong way so I had to relearn everything from movies and video games.

elaborate?

Dad taught me to drive when i was 12, took our automatic '90 corolla on logging roads to go fishing

Dad and Mom taught me how to drive stick and drive a giant car so I'd be pro at everything. Currently still drive the hand me down 02 Suburban z71 while they have a 2016 M5 6spd and an Escalade

Little story for you goyim.
>be me
>go to CA DMV for drivers test
>show up in e34 540i 6spd
>instructor has no clue how to drive stick
>mfw

kek
>instructor has no clue how to drive stick
>california

Explains why they have so many shit drivers

Vidya (NFS and then Gran Turismo) and my dad (Has been racing recreationally since before I was born). I passed the behind-the-wheel test flawlessly.

Dude at the car dealership taught me how to drive stick

Mario cart

Dad taught me to drive tractors, 4wds and ride motorbikes when I was about 10-11. My mother taught me quite a lot about driving on the road later on when I got a licence and to her credit, did a pretty good job of how to maintain lanes, use mirrors, shifting before going into corners and all that sort of stuff.
Also done a couple of skidpan and track courses over the years but they're not always applicable, skidpan I'd recommend because its a good way of learning to get a car under duress and regain control

Older brother taught me to drive at 15. GF taught me how to drive manual when I was 16.

Dad taught me the basics of a stick. Had to study and relearn a lot of stuff later, but he helped me get the basics down. Took a driving course, and studied a lot of rules, laws and courtesies on my own, practiced a ton in friends cars (mostly two specific friends) who picked apart everything I did until I stopped making mistakes.

It takes a village.

My old man had me take classes.

I learned how to drive stick by myself when I bought my car. I went struggled myself into a parking lot and just practiced until sun down and then drove all the way across the city to go home.

I was honestly one of the best times of my life, my adrenaline pumping, streets were empty, the way home on the highway was euphoric.

took lessons when i was 16
learned manual when i worked in tire shop
1st car i put into 3rd gear was a kia rio and i still have it
i feel like i have good instincts like 'that guy is gonna roll the stop and try to get in front of me' or 'theyre gonna turn into mcdonalds up here so change lanes'

Mother let me start steering around our suburb roads when I was about... I want to say 7. She'd control the pedals and I'd sit on her lap.

When I turned 12 or so she'd let me driveher ranger up and down some dirt roads.

Father also helped me learn to parallel park and park in general, really helped me get a grasp for how big my car is and how much space I need to do things and all that.

Mom and dad let me drive on the dirt road sometimes when I was 14/15, picked it up pretty fast I guess so when I turned 16 it was mostly just them giving tips to me while I had my permit.

Learned stick in 4x4 low in my dad's lifted F-350 like 6 months later while we were camping one time. Clutch was like 150,000 miles old at that point too, so a lot of whiplash was to be had.

Lessons from a driving school

Used to take the shit Lazer we had around the block until I got it down packed. Smooth sailing from there.

>Explains why they have so many shit drivers
>what are illegal spics

Myself.

germany

Driving school

Never touched a car before that

An old retired grandma lady commissioned by the DMV driving school. I drove in a passenger break modified Honda Civic that had no RPM gauge and was not marked in driving school stickers.
Her advice is floor it and give no fucks to other drivers behind you. Always have signal on when changing lanes for how long it would need to take to finish the lane change. I took her advice by heart as I did not just drive only one car. The traffic has gotten much worse in the past 5 years.

GTA IV (Vanilla)
>Eastern European Extreme Difficulty City Driving simulator.
I matched stop and go traffic I.E. the worst drivers in any game made.
Artificial rain made the streets into oil.
Preferred driving a land barge.

what third world country allows idiots like yourself on the road?

a competent instructor

dad showed me the basics(which i already knew but pretended to not know)in his cayenne turbo
he then got me a 98 535 with the 3.5l v8 a week later and showed me how to take care of it and how to park

gta 3 plus some initial d

My driving instructor, then my dad.

I'm 25 and I still don't know how to drive, my dad was supposed to teach me when I was 15-15 but he stopped because I would sperg out and almost crash the car, he'd blame for not wanting to drive and for being "lazy"

Dad, brothers, instructor, myself. In that order.

Take the test and get a learners permit faggot. The DMV offers driver education in a form of a pickup/drop off.

I played a shit ton of racing games as a kid so I had some knowledge, but it was primarily my dad. He just gave my the keys to either his 04 ford explorer or my mom's 01 grand prix and told me to drive around the neighborhood
This was when I was 14, I didn't learn stick until like a month ago(19 now) since I just bought the first manual car my immediate family has owned in 20 years. I knew the basics but never had the chance to practice. Driving it home was fun as fuck, actually felt like I was learning something, although I had little idea of what I was doing. Right now I need to learn how to get better at getting the car going

Gran Turismo 1-4

My dad in his old manual commodore wagon, mostly
wew

My dad taught me how to drive once I got my preliminary license. Then I did actual lessons with an instructor. Then I forgot to ask my Instructor if I could borrow the car for my test so I had to rent another car and passed my test driving a brand new Ford Fiesta I'd never driven before.

My Mum and Dad, both are surprisingly good drivers and won't drive automatic cars so it was a pretty easy experience.

My daddy. Whenever I got something wrong, he would hit me with his belt. So I learned quick.

Grandpa taught me shifting in a parking lot, then the mandatory driving instructor did the rest of the work. Years of playing racing games didn't help at all.

GTA and car crash dash cam compilations on youtube

My mom.

Learned in her '05 Dodge Magnum, her first and only car owned that wasn't manual. She then taught me to drive my 6 speed WS6 a few years later.

She is now on her 3rd leased GTI, all 6 speed with black leather (current one is white with 20% tint). She smokes ricers from UTI then rolls down the window and laughs at them (happened this past week).

My sister. My dad was too afraid to teach either of us and my mom didn't want to teach me after teaching my sister.

It's a fucking miracle that I didn't end up being a terrible driver

I think I learned more from watching Canada's Worst Driver than from driver's education in Ontario

my mum

took me a long time to recover from that and have the confidence to drive on my own

>YOU'RE FIVE KM OVER THE LIMIT WE'RE GOING TO DIE
>DID YOU SHOULDER CHECK FOR AT LEAST FIFTEEN MINUTES BEFORE CHANGING LANES
>YOU'RE DRIFTING OVER TRY NOT TO SHOULDER CHECK FOR FIFTEEN MINUTES
>DONT TELL ME WHAT I JUST TOLD YOU I'M ALWAYS RIGHT
>SLAM ON THE BRAKES FIVE MILES AWAY FROM EVERY INTERSECTION YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT COULD HAPPEN

>I was honestly one of the best times of my life, my adrenaline pumping, streets were empty, the way home on the highway was euphoric.

youtube.com/watch?v=3mDpEmxjYOs

me mum did, dad just gave me the keys and didn't correct me if I did bad driving habits

It was Gran turismo for me too. Got my P's in 1999, just after I turned 18.

Had probably an hour behind the wheel before the test. Nailed it, always credited Gran turismo.

Same.
Add in some vidya too.

Driving instructor taught me how to operate a car, everything else came from ~2 years of motorcycling.

Separating riding from driving has been the biggest challenge, because for me they're two different frames of mind. If I drove how I rode I'd probably end up wrapped around a tree sooner or later, so yeah... learning how to separate the two was somewhat important.