Want to get into serious racing

>want to get into serious racing
>be 20
>no job
>no car
>never touched a kart in my life
How fucked am i? i hate to know that unless you constantly race karts since age 6 you will be fucked to try and become a pro in later stages of your life.

Living in southamerica, by the way. Thinking about moving to the US.

>move to US
>get license
>buy a shitbox you wouldn't mind wrapping around a tree
>consult local SCCA for events near you
>profit

Seriously the best way to into racecar. Don't even think about racing professionally unless you've got tons of money.

>Living in southamerica, by the way. Thinking about moving to the US.
think again

You're done. If you aren't a national champion in your EARLY teens, there's no chance. Even RICH AS FUCK people who started to race on their own dime are BARELY mid pack level racers at mid pack level races. You can do faggot shit like drag racing still. MAYBE rally if you are ungodly natural, start right now, and have about a million in the bank and nothing but free time to practice.

Legally moving.

Is it very hard to get enough money to start into actual amateur race car classes in civilian events? Or do i have to literally do that for experience and get a lot of money in another job to pay for it?

Are you retarded? Do you have enough money to move to America? Cool. Can you get a jobmaking +$60k a year? Cool. Can you spend ALL your free time and money racing and repairing shitty miatas? Can you travel all around the states to go to as many races as possible while making money? Cool. Are you better than the 100,000 kids that have been doing it 10 years longer than you and are only 15? Cool. Then maybe, you can race low level scca and never make money.

>Are you retarded?
dunno lol
>Do you have enough money to move to America?
not exactly but i can ask pops for money. I dont mind staying in the streets or in a cheat hotel finding any job i can find
>Can you get a jobmaking +$60k a year?
No idea
>Can you spend ALL your free time and money racing and repairing shitty miatas?
I am basically studying to do exactly that, so yes.
>Can you travel all around the states to go to as many races as possible while making money?
I dont mind roadtrips so i dont see why not
>Are you better than the 100,000 kids that have been doing it 10 years longer than you and are only 15?
This is the issue i talked about. The big kick in the balls to me.

What about autocross or rally? i really have a thing for that.

Professionally racing anything is very expensive, whether it's cars, animals, etc. For cars, you need to purchase a vehicle, all the parts you'd need should it break down, all the tools used to get those parts replaced, a place to wrench at, something to tow it to and from races, and in some cases people to serve as a pit crew. It adds up, and I haven't even touched the fees for accidents or even for showing up.

With a local autocross, for example, you buy a car, read a 30-page rulebook, pay a fee to race for the day, and that's pretty much it.

Don't look to racing as a viable profession.

>autocross or rally
Perfect. You won't be getting first place as easily as the vidya suggests unless you sink a lot of money into your car, though. If it's just a hobby or experience thing though, go ahead.

you literally are not even close to making it and have no IDEA what it takes to race. If the earth was a poor baby child born with downs, and pluto was a professional race car driver, you are standing on the couch.

That's why i am asking, senpai.

Stop responding. Everyone is telling you to move on, it's a hobby for you now. Accept it and move on.

Fuck you pal. I am not gonna move on just because everyone tells me "its 2 hard 4 u".

I want to know how to actually break in, how often should i expect to move, at what point i would stop operating at a loss if racing became the only job, etc.

You fucking tell me that this is all a dream yet give me no reason to believe so.

It's because you're a fucking stupid millennial. There's no such thing as becoming a professional racer out of fucking nothing just because you think is cool. You're not special and don't have a special talent, that's common fucking sense, that your generation seems to lack.

Nobody here is taking your seriously because it's impossible for someone to be as stupid as you're showing yourself. There's millions reasons in this thread why you'd fail, but you're ignoring all of them. Go ahead and prove us wrong, but I'm willing to bet you'll give up before any real effort.

Now this is the part where americans wonder why they have no good people in good motorsports

See you in nascar OP

>want to know how to actually break in

To make it a career:
>have a rich family
>have parents who push karting onto you at age 5
>become better than the 5,000+ kids who do the same yearly
>stick with it until you become old enough to racecar "for real", turn left until you wrap your racecar around a fence

To make it a hobby:
>buy shitbox
>find SCCA chapter, read rulebook
>pay fee, drive

As a millenial I take offense, but he's got a point OP

You see, that's the thing, friendo. Sorry if you took the wrong message.

I am not asking what's the easy way to become a low class pro. I am asking how much struggle should i expect and how hard should i expect the hits to be trying to do so. I am not asking for cheats, i am asking for advise so that i dont try to do so blindly,

you don't break in

racing demands extremely well-learned habits. you are making counterintuitve decisions in less than a second at 80mph+ as a good racer. if you did not start in your teens at the least,

biologically speaking, you no longer have the mental plasticity and should go do something that lets you cheat by combining recorded knowledge with your eternal basic reasoning skills instead, because as a human being, your learning stage is over FOREVER. you will never develop any more complex 'low level' skills like car control, motorcycle control (seriously do not try to be a fast motorcycle rider, if you started past 20 you will probably die the moment you try to get a knee down), playing an instrument, or being good at a sport.

You're like a ugly midget girl asking how to be a model in a world without plastic surgery. Do you know the definition of professional? It's someone who lives from the job. There's posts on this thread explaining how to get started, to be pro you just have go succeed at being amateur first.

Not OP.

Just out of curiosity, anyone here actually tried or made it to become an amateur or pro racer here?

I mean really to get into Pro racing you don't have to be good you just have to have a shitload of money.

>millenials are so lazy these days they never wanna do anything with their lives or work
>but also fuck millenials for wanting to achieve something and break into a very tough sport and put in practice, just fucking give up you special snowflake
amazing arguments in this thread, this is the most defeatist, cynical, depressing thread I've seen in a while, why is this board so terrible.

>want to get into serious racing

The field has very many people with skill. So that's not a problem. If you don't have skill, then that is your first hurdle. What those other people lack is sponsors that stick with them and keep funding a competitive vehicle.

As you can guess, there are only so many races with any real financial prizes. And those prizes are limited in number. So that's why many racers that even win occasionally are still negative in financial earnings. Where the money comes from is sponsors who sell products or product licensing or marketing based upon your personal brand. They make money from that and share some of that with you by sponsoring your vehicle. From that, your personal racing corporation then pays transportation, entry fees, licenses, salaries, vehicle parts, support hardware, repairs, maintenance, and training fees and training classes for certification.

As others have said, it is very expensive. You spend a ton of money and never make it back from prize winnings. Just like most everyone else. But it's those sponsors that make money selling products that use your branding in return for sponsoring you. But they will drop you if you are disadvantageous to them.

So, others have told you about needing skills. Sure, but the real hurdle is not expert reaction skills which we assume everyone has. It is the personality, tenacity, and luck needed to obtain and keep sponsors. If you get rich, then you can then have a bigger say on what you do in the race world as well as sell your own products and rich from that.

One way sponsors value your racing is by how many points you earn in sanctioned racing events. So you can study what those racers are like and how those races are like and what is necessary in those races.

Most races are run by team corporations. Thus you as the racer are an employee AND you have signed over your IP rights to the team corporation. You realize that fine point? You don't have IP.

OP here. This is not something just about this board. Whenever anyone asks for something to give them hope in any subject there's always some people who genuinely believes and tries to prove why all hope its waste. I thank the previous user for his point of view, but i would probably hate myself if at least i didn't try to, and crash and burn trying to do something that i wanted with my life.

While i value your input i do know some of that already. The reason why you need money to begin with its to fill the shoes that no sponsor fills. I do know that being a pro racer mostly becomes being a fucking sellout too.

In case i cant make it as a driver, at least i could try as a mechanic, right? i mean, i am studying that already.

"How fucked am i?" I would say you're fucked as far as getting into any serious racing, but I have a friend who does autocross as a hobby in a ratty 90's Subaru in Canada. As long as you don't take it too seriously you're fine, but compete with real pros, and you'll be fucked beyond belief.

This is some top tier pop-sci garbage. By your logic we should be training fighter pilots at 8 instead of their mid 20s.

I think he's correct El Taco. Your dreams can't start when you're 20 unless they're to be shitty.

I didn't say OP was going to be a pro driver because he isn't on account of being poor and stuck in the third world but you don't lose the ability to acquire or perfect new skills when you hit 20. For reference Randy Pobst began his racing career at 19.

You mistake psychology mechanics for determinism. These are probability and likelihood things not absolutes.

neuroscientist here. If your point is that brain can't learn past mid 20's, u r rong.

But its obviously harder.

OP: If you want a chamce, you have to be better than everyone else, because you have an obvious flaw (OLD). You have to really be that good, and this means practicing A LOT.

Get yourself a nice simulator rig and play the shit out of it. Study driving theory, racing adjustments, every last fucking thing. Breath motorsports. Use every second in your life to become a better driver. Don't think in anything else for the next five years. Try to get into amateur racing and take it more seriously than anyone else. Study the track, the weather, the opponents, everything. Be better, be more focused, use up all your chances.

Then and only then you will be able to fail gloriously.

Wow, what an absolutely pathetic life view.

Nobody listen to this sack of shit. You can get better at racing through simulators and real-life experience. You can get better at any stage of life, racing does not require magical brain powers, just determination, endurance, and logic.

>If your point is that brain can't learn past mid 20's, u r rong.
That was what the post I was replying to was claiming.

Yeah my fault, clivked on the reply instead of the original post.

That's what I figured had happened.

As with anything, if you don't start at an early age, you'll never become great at it. Tennis, racing, chess, maths, music, it doesn't matter.

Your brain isn't conditioned for it. If you tried racing a Formula 1 car you'd crash the first turn.

South america, specifically brazil has its own formulas and motorsport body, you can get into racing lightly modified roadcars for a pretty cheap cost.

Brazilian stock cars are still an achievable goal from 20, you just need to work your ass off to get there.

If you move to america, good luck. the SCCA, america's "main" Motorsports body is abysmal.

The best bet to get into serious racing in america is USF2000. Winning the USF2000 gets you a race in Pro Mazda, winning that gets you a race in indy lights, winning that will get you into indycar.

A season in USF2000 will set you back around 200,000-250,000 according to their own site. you can get an old USF2000 for ~30,000-40,000 but if you want to win you will be wanting to purchase a brand new chassis for ~$80,000 sans engine ($14,000).

Now the USF page does say that youre better off entering Rotax gokarting to begin with, as championship winners in rotax can get several sponsorships from other race series including some USF2000 teams themselves.

You're 20, have no car and no job. It means you've never had a car, and never pulled manoeuvres.
That's the end of the fucking topic right there.

You have never had any racing experience in your life. Why do you think you can get into serious racing? What possesses you into thinking that you have a shot? You don't have the skills, the capital, the connections and you don't even live in the right fucking country to try buy your way into doing it.

People in this thread aren't lying to you. Professionals are young and already established by their late teens. Just like every sport, people over 29 retire.

You have a shot if you get reborn to a rich family that decided they want you to be a racecar driver.

Thanks user. I dont have a good simulator rig yet but i think ive got quite a lot of driving line theory already.

Fucking thank you user. This input was really important. Sadly i do not live in Brazil. I live in argentina. I do recognize that there are a LOT of shitbox cups that are even shown on TV, like Abarth 600 cup. However cars and modifications are insanely expensive here compared to the US.

200 k USD seems a little bit of a more reachable goal.

When you say 250k you mean paying for the team too? or just paying to get into a team?

I raced for a few years when I was younger, never even got looked at or talked to and I won many races. I had a buddy who raced 4wheelers and was very good. He won a TON of races, never got talked to or looked at. It's all right place, right time, right program. If the executive doesn't see you/hear about you he wont spend money on you. If they hire someone else before you (even if you're better) they have already backed that person and they will put their money behind them for a while. By the time it's your turn you may be too old or tired of the rejection, or some other kid whose even better comes around. You need to be in the "hotbeds" of racing, and be the best. And being wealthy doesn't hurt.

Good job being horrible at understanding the point.
>lazy fucking millennials think they can jump into shit 15 years later than everyone else and they can become professional because they WANT it
>maybe you should already be practicing before you ask people how to be a professional

What kind of dumbass doesn't know ANYTHING about the subject they want to be a "professional" at? There are THOUSANDS of good resources out there, Veeky Forums being at the bottom. At 20 years old, you aren't going to be a professional unless you have an extreme passion. And knowing NOTHING about racing proves you don't have an extreme passion. That's why people hate millenials. You think you can do whatever you want with no dedication, commitment, and suffering. I got into golf late (14), and played EVERY DAY (I was also an all state QB, played tennis, soccer, track, baseball etc. so I was very into sports). I learned EVERYTHING I could WHILE PLAYING a shit load of golf. A few years later, I wasn't even good enough to beat the "worst" college players. And this type of story is true for almost everyone that starts late in life. You are competing against the best of the best, and you are already so far behind.

>I want to be an astronaut
>but I'm already 20 and my Highschool GPA was 3.1
This is what you are asking, OP.
NEVER
EVER

It is literally fucking impossible. And YES 8 years old is when you need to decide if you're gonna be a fighter pilot or not because that's when you have to start working at it to be able to graduate Highschool at 15 because THAT IS ONE OF THE MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS.

I don't think you understand how ridiculously high in the air the entry floor for serious racing is. I could break into professional shooting if I really wanted, but ONLY because I was born into it and had the training at an early age. You didnt. Enjoy never, ever doing it at any level above cone dodging.

>200k seems a bit more of a reachable goal
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahhahaahhahahaha
Bitch, my GF has a Doctorate in Pharmacy, a very high paying job, and she barely makes HALF of that before bills and taxes. $200k USD A YEAR is a LOT of fucking money. You seriously are retarded.

>angry shitty scotstick player goes on rant about millenials

holy shit my sides

To be an astronaut you either have to be fucking rich as fuck or start by joining the air force, user.

It's also true that if we COULD train children to fly fighter jets, they would be EVEN BETTER than the 20 somethings. We just aren't allowed to do that. If you could only race cars starting at 18, then OP would have a chance. But kids literally start at 4-5 years old. Millenials don't understand dedication and practice.

>millenials too stupid to understand
>I was told I can do whatever I want so it must be true
LOL okay Jr. keep believing that. Enjoy being 30 still convincing yourself "you can be a professional X"
ahahahah

He sounds bitter. Maybe he didn't have natural talent.

And you do that by busting your ass from age 8, graduating with honors and AP credit at 15, and then graduate with honors at the top of your class at West Point, go directly into fighter pilot selection, and be the biggest badass ever once you get there.

And THEN you hope and fucking pray NASA comes knocking if you can get into the USAF space program.

you can literally buy a street stock oval racer for the cost of a new shitbox and turn left until you're blue in the face.

>Millenials don't understand dedication and practice.
I don't know which generation espouses being a righteous sopping cunt, but you're sure making the rest of your ilk proud.

*if you can't

Not bitter, factual. There have been maybe 2 professional golfers that started as late as I did. There have been 0 moto gp champs that started late. 0 F1 champs. 0 rally champs. 0 nascar champs. 0 football stars. 0 basketball stars. 0 soccer stars. ETC ETC ETC ETC ETC. The point is, you don't start early, there is almost ZERO chance to make it. And 20, that's basically a senior citizen in professional sports.

>wwahhhh the internet won't pander to me
>mahh safe space!!!!

>drive to circle track in San Antonio
>pay $500+
>drive alone in a circle for a few laps
>"I a weal wacecaw dwiber nao :) "
Get fucked cletus.

Why aren't you the third? Believe in your dreams.

I did, for years. Like I said. I got to shooting par consistently. The pros shoot -7 to -11 on the same courses. The level to be a pro is INSANE in any sport. It's hard to understand how good pros at any sports are. People think "gee I'm decent, I could start now!" Completely ignoring the 3-6 hours EVERY DAY over 10-15 years those top level guys put in before you even got started.

Even if you start at 20 putting in those hours, you will be 30 to get where they were at at 15-18. And by then it's even harder because no one will hire unproven old dudes over young talent they can get years and years out of.

Who cares about being the champ? If your passion is simply to race than it doesn't matter now does it?

If you want to play the game, you'll play the game. Perhaps if you weren't a bitter pile of shit and just KEPT FUCKING PLAYING, you'd be at least a respectable semi-pro golfer, but here you present an utter failure trying to convince everyone that it's all hopeless and OP will NEVER EVER be a race car driver when your ONLY experience in life is being shit at golf.

You will never get better or get anywhere sitting on your ass and whining how it's too hard or impossible.

>i tried and failed at a completely different sport that's why you shouldn't even bother with racing yessir

I understand your point but at the same time i also have to compare your story to the fact that maybe YOU just didn't practice enough or weren't good enough

The Answer Is Always Miata

>still too stupid to understand NO ONE makes it to the highest levels (professional) if they start late
You millenials really are stupid. I thought it was a meme. You have proven otherwise.

I get his point about the skill gap but auto racing and golf are incomparable.

Futher, to a dedicated racer, the skill gap will not matter. You could very well be fucking better than the 15-year-old who's eat, slept and breathed racing since he was born, but you won't know that unless you get out on the track and fucking try.

So I take that to mean that you HAVE spent the last ten years of your life practicing daily?

With no car?

>He's wrong because I say so
>despite the fact every word he said was 100% accurate and I have nothing to prove him wrong, except this reddit-tier Sesame Street 'believe in yourself' platitude that means nothing
You are not Jeff Gordon. Stop pretending that you are. You do not have ten million dollars. You cannot spend five hours every day practicing in your shitbox nor can you afford to. You have no sponsor, no benefactor, nor even a mentor. You have no connections. You haven't taken a single class.

You don't even have a fucking JOB.

In my eyes, the thing its that everyone improves at the same speed. But if you train before everyone else you will be better than them at the same age.

Its not so much a thing about age as much as its about directly practice

...That's...kind of the point..... Unless you are naturally gifted AND start early, it's basically impossible. That's what (((almost))) EVERYONE in this thread is trying to tell OP. If you are talented, you got started too late. No practice will make up for the years lost EVEN IF he was also super talented. Which he probably isn't.

>You could very well be fucking better than the 15-year-old who's eat, slept and breathed racing since he was born
I have never fucking seen this level of sheer mind-rending arrogance and ignorance in my fucking life, and I've been on this fuckpit of an image board for a decade.

There is NO WAY IN SATAN'S WIDE, BURNING HELL you will be better than that kid.

The sports are, but the talent isn't. The BEST started early. ALL of them. So there is no space for people who start in their 20's. You moron. The talented started young and beat all the normies, so a few years later, it's only the best. EVEN IF OP WAS SUPER TALENTED, hes YEARS behind in terms of development. He's also poor. He also live nowhere near racing.......

the sports aren't**

>been wanting to get into serious racing since I can remember
>be 23
>no job, finishing college
>touched a serious kart for 15 mins and left with my ego in pieces
>ALSO LIVE IN SOUTHAMERICA, WHAT ARE THE FUCKING ODDS?

How fucked are we? Fucked. Period. If you wan't to be a pro-racer and you aren't filthy rich you're fighting an uphill battle. If you're fighting that battle in an underdeveloped nation with almost zero motorsports industry and almost non-existant racing heritage, then you're 99.9999999% likely to FAIL. Only kid I know in this country that became a paid driver is the son of a mofo who owns some Chebby dealerships, he got signed by a Renault touring car team after proving his pace for a year...running a privateer Chebby with daddy's funds which was around US$100k a season. That's twice the cost of the apartment I live in.

Face the facts, the highest you can aim for is to be an amateur driver. With luck and tons of practice, hopefully you can become skilled enough to be offered a drive here and there by the rich folks. First things first, get yourself a car ASAFP. I bought my first car working at a Comcast call center when I took a semester off college, learnt a lot and, even though that ended up with heartbreak, I now own a much faster car (a Suzuki Swift with a mahoosive tarbo) I regularly take to trackdays so I can practice and I'm looking forwards to lessons with a pro driver. But I can't kid myself: translations, articles and stuff will be my career, motorsports will never put the bread on the table.

Nacimos sudakas, nada que hacer.

But if you want to race cars, y'know, AT ALL, you might as well go and do it or else live the rest of your life in burning regret like Happy Gilmore over here screaming "ALL IS LOST! GIVE UP HOPE! YOU WILL NEVER BE THE NEXT LEWIS HAMILTON YOU LAZY MILLENNIAL!"

Will you fuck off at telling this faggot that it's possible to climb the empire state building with no training and equipment? He does not meet the bare fucking basic requirements to do it. Period. You telling him that there's a chance as long as he tries is an outright lie.

>We just aren't allowed to do that.
You could absolutely do that. Pilot training is mostly simulators at the early stages anyway. People don't bother dumping kids in a sim at 8 because it's a pointless exercise.

This. Preparing to be a pilot is PURE academia until you get to West Point. And even then it's just more academia.

And yes, you NEED to go to fucking West Point, AND graduate in the top ten slots out of everyone there, it is very much a competition and if you don't win you're fucked forever.

If we're being really nitpicky then having flight hours with the Civil Aviation Patrol or something similar is generally helpful but that's still a very far cry from what the other poster is implying is possible since you won't be flying with them until your early teens and putting around in a Cessna is night and day even to flying a jet trainer much less an actual fighter jet.

This. I'm a natural driver, tried to get into kart in college. Instantly clear that I would never even be 10th string backup driver. It's pretty humbling innit?

Not until you can come up with an argument better than "I suck at things therefore you suck too" and "damn millennials".

Rank amateurs can compete in many motorsports provided they have the car and equipment. There is karting and rally at very low levels in most countries, in the USA there is SCCA and NASA rallies as well as dirt and asphalt circle track racing, SCCA road course events, Spec Miata, Lemons and ChumpCar, all KINDS of shit. The only barrier to entry is money. Fuck, you can buy a seat on a NASCAR team if you got a couple million to throw down.

Now, I don't know what all is available in OP's part of South America, but I think we all gathered from his first post that he's not aiming to be Ayrton Senna and compete at the highest levels of motorsport, he just wants to go fast with competition. This is something entirely feasible by ANYONE here, you do not have to be some boy racing genius born with a wheel in his hand or else you can NEVER BE A RACING DRIVER. What complete nonsense. It's not climbing the Empire State Building, it's buying your way past the doorman and running as far as you can up the stairs. Oh sure, you'll get beat by an accomplished stair-runner who's been running stairs since he was a wee boy but what a thrill it was huh?

But you're content to mope around outside on the stoop sour grapin' it up and telling everyone they might as well not bother because you never got to the top. Better head back to the links, caddy boy.

Also, while he's not very fast, Morgan Shepard has been competing in American stock cars for 45 years.
He started when he was 27. He's now 75 and one of the oldest professional drivers in America. His career has been fairly lackluster but the fact that he's STILL doing this shit is impressive and should be a reminder to never give up on what you love.

I'm not trying to spew baseless platitudes here, the deluge of really rather pointless negativity from this golf failure ticks me the wrong way. He literally ragequit A REAL LIFE SPORT because other people were better than him. Now he's trying to tell an aspiring race car driver that what he desires is impossible and should give up right away.

Think about that.

I understand what you're not getting now. Do you know the very definition of the world PROFESSIONAL? It means "engaged in a specified activity as one's main paid occupation rather than as a pastime.".

People in this thread is telling OP to now waste his time trying to become a PROFESSIONAL. He can race all he wants, but I've been saying for OP to not waste his fucking time in something which he will not achieve.

It's perfectly ok to have a racing hobby and, if you prove to be really good you can make a smooth transition. But today's generation set a impossible and stupid goal and stick to it, because you've been lied your whole life saying you could become anything you wanted, so you ignored the opportunities in your life. Everybody knows someone who tries so blindly to follow their dreams that they ignore good opportunities. Don't be that person. The more time you waste, the harder it becomes to quit.

OP here.

Look pal, i know what you mean and i appretiate what you said, even if its not positive or if i dislike it, or even if you think i am ignoring it, thanks for your info. But honestly all you have to say so far its still "damn millenials my generation is better fuck young people" and its not a really convincing point.

Well if she wasn't a retard she would have become an anesthetist and made bank.

Also they have to have a natural talent, progress at all skills are different for everyone. There are thousands and thousands of guys who have raced for 20+ years and will never see F1 or a major racing championship.

We all know that "professional" racing drivers only make as much as they do from sponsorships and that if NASCAR ran with the kind of liveries seen at amateur street stock events, they'd cut the feed from a lack of funding and and overabundance of swearing.
I don't know what generation you lay claim to, but I know of absolutely none who would respect you or your "give up while you still can" mentality. I'm not engaging in "OH YOU CAN DO IT IF YOU PUT YOUR MIND TO IT" nonsense, but if OP pulls the right strings in his life, he can have exactly what he wants.

OP may never become a professional racing driver, but maybe, just maybe, because he made a decision today " I WILL become a racing driver."
If he follows through in any way, shape, or form
He will become part of that world of motorsport.
Perhaps someday he will run a team of professional drivers, for the knowledge he gained can be passed on, I don't know much about him, maybe he's a good coach.
Maybe he'll crash in his first Argentinobrazilivian shitbox race and end up on Youtube.
Maybe he'll find out that it really is hideously expensive or he's not good enough, that's for him to deal with.

The important thing is that he do it.

*DEAD END*
>"oh my goodness OP speed the heck up!"

Nissan Micra spec car series in Canada are stupid cheap, it's like $17k for a turnkey racecar whereas a Miata racecar is like $53k

that 250k covers everything for a one car team. Season Entry fee, Fuel, Tires, Transport, Race entry fee's and test days.

Professional racing isnt becoming an astronaut, That would be F1. Getting into a multinational race series, touring cars of various nationalities, Gt3, gt4, gt300 Those are all attainable goals from 20 and those are all still paid driver sports.