Rate my new ride

Just got it a few days ago for $1,600

It's a 2007 Honda rebel with 11k miles on it

Really good shape as far as I can tell and it runs great

Motorcycles are for idiots.

Well played.

can't do more than 80mph/10

I'm just using it to learn how to ride and become more confident. It's also cheap so if I drop it or crash or something and fuck it up, I won't feel bad (and I probably won't get as injured)

I'm planning on upgrading to a Kawasaki ninja 500 once I grow out of this

Good one OP. The anons who talk shit about it are not bikers and/or ar just shitposters. Learn to ride and stay safe

what the fuck is the point of putting yourself in danger on a motorcycle if you can't outperform most cars?

oh wait i know!
>there are literally no reasons to be that autistic

You should've started on the Ninja 500 desu, they're tame as hell. Like a fatter, slightly faster Ninja 250.

Eh well I also wanted something cheap that I could buy straight up with cash

I don't have the money to get anything better right now, but I will soon (hopefully)

Imo if you can't afford a half decent bike you probably can't afford half decent gear too, so what's the point if you have to make such big sacrifices to achieve your goal.

If it were me I'd save up more, rather than aiming for instant gratification desu.

Each to their own I guess.

I have decent gear

> agv k3sv helmet $200
> sedici Gabriel jacket $300
> alpinestars smx-2 ac gloves $70~
> just use combat boots for boots

What I have works, and looks good

I wanted to start out with something cheap no matter what and i reasoned that it'd be better to start on a cheap, used bike than get a new, expensive bike which I'm just gonna grow out of in a few months

>crappy boots
>no pants
>cheap helmet

Ninja 500's are pretty cheap, I doubt they'd be much more than a Rebel 250 desu.

Rebel 250= $1600 (almost got one for $1100)

Ninja 650= $7,400-7,800

> cheap helmet
It'll save my life and the protection rating is just as good as much more expensive helmets, it just isn't as flashy

> crappy boots
Ya

fun.
t. shitbike owner who tops out at 50mph

Wish i could find i bike that cheap. Cheapest i see is a running cbr with an extended body. Guy turned it into a cruiser.

look up scorpion convert pro jeans.

Theyre baggy/bootcut, but look and feel like jeans and 100% codura. saved my knee in a lowside at 40mph when my leg got trapped under the bike and i was dragged knee down. no knee pad or else I would have been 100%, just was a little stiff with a small friction burn that lasted 2 weeks.

at $150, well worth it to avoid a 10 year knee injury or surgery.

>>ninja650 $7,000

KEK. maybe on the dealership floor for 2017.
you can find 2006-2009 models for $3-4 grand on CL. everyone that buys them realized its not a 600 retard bike and sells it after they get bored of linear powerband

you grossly overpaid but if you like it then good on you

How did I grossly overpay?

Must be awful to live in fear

>motorcycles can't outperform most cars

I think you have that backwards, friend.
Also, why is there no fun allowed?

>reading comprehension
He's talking being on A bike that doesn't. I.E most

He really didn't

Ah I see. Long day.

Thought you were being one of those insufferable faggots that shit on motorcycling in general because their too scared to actually give it a try themselves.

Nice. The Ninja 500 would be a good second bike but I would also recommend considering the Ninja 650 or something similar but that is fuel injected. I don't have anything against carburetors but the throttle response and riding experience is so much more refined in fuel injected bikes that I would venture to say a carbureted bike doesn't prepare you for it even a little bit. It's a completely different experience. You might as well get the transition over with quick and just hop on the FI train with your second bike

>rebel 250
too slow. Cruisers usually start at 600s. Anything else under 500 is generally good.
But this is a solid plan. Cheap bike to learn on. No fairings to break. The only way it could've gone better is if you started on an old Ninja 250 instead. Faster, neutral seating position.

But it's a good start. I hope you ride bikes until you grow old. I know I'm gonna.

>Ninja 650
>650

Boots have saved my ankles three times now.

The difference between carbs and FI isn't an issue like you're making out desu.

The only real difference is that carbs need some choke to start when it's cold and don't adjust for altitude, whereas FI automagically adjusts for all that.

What are some good riding pants and boots that look somewhat casual?

Are military combat boots not enough? I mean they're leather and reinforced

I had one of those at some point,
some dickhead gave it to my dad for fixing his lawn mower,
it was a real piece of rotten shit, terrible condition,
it also had something wedged in the exhaust that everyone seemed to refer to as 'nigger pubes'
for the love of fuck please respond I'd really like to understand what that shit's about.

t. "start on a busa bro"
Car drivers, truck drivers, train drivers, boat captains, and airline pilots all start out on
>small
>light
>low powered
>cheap, and
>simple
machines before they move up. Bikes are no different except they're unregulated so 18 year old cockwits can buy on ego, not skillset.

nice one OP

steel wool?

Good on you. Personally I wouldn't by a cruiser unless it was a Harley/Indian/victory. I would go for a different style bike if it was a Honda. Each their own though. Ride on nigga bean!