/sthg/ - Sonic the Hedgehog General

Welcome to Sonic the Hedgehog General. Let's talk about Sonic games, old and new, and the entire franchise including animation and comics. Share art, music, talk about new developments, discuss ROM hacks, speedrunning, and more!

/sthg/ #625 - Civil War Edition

>Link CompilationDrawfag/Writefag Idea WallsNews/Developments

Other urls found in this thread:

strawpoll.me/11778061
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Days Without an incident: 1

>75 threads to 700

PINK BELLY

You were too slow, senpai:

>being this mad
Don't make threads early.
Don't make threads before bump limit.

How about you fuck off

Reminder that anyone who posts in the other thread is a fucking moron.

How am I mad? I'm just pointing out that this thread was made earlier. I'm not trying to be a dick.

>thread wars
We have reached a new low

This. All the new characters and themes are fucking stupid. The reboot versions of the characters suck. The FFs need complete design and personality overhauls. Ditch the Buntoine shit. Ditch the Nicole is a real girl shit. Reintroduce the love triangle. Make the backstory more like the pre-reboot. Spend the first 3 years setting up the FFs and game characters and then maybe introduce OCs. Most of the OCs should be new villains

Also from the get go characters should have arcs, and constantly remind the readers that they're fighting a fucking war. MAke it messy, make it cruel, make it sad.

the other thread*

What's up with all the advanced shitposting in the last few threads anyway?
Did something happen I'm not aware of?

Damn, first the college essay-tier ranting about comic garbage and now thread wars? You lot really are falling apart.

It's a very simple answer. Blaze doesn't spend all her time crying and bitching and whining about how hard things are, shuts the fuck, and gets shit done. She also isn't an obnoxious daddy's girl.
I'm trying to help fix this shit by showing these people how the comics SHOULD be

This is why everyone leaves us.

Some reboot fanboy (I don't read the comics for the record) has been false flagging just nonsensical ly for hours, saying dumb shit like we need to go back to the dark ages with high school relationship focus in an attempt to make anyone that doesn't like the reboot best look like an idiot

All its actually done is ruin the last thread

It's been this way ever since yesterday. It's just people being dicks for no real reason.

And the shitposting has already carried over here. Lovely.

>Also from the get go characters should have arcs, and constantly remind the readers that they're fighting a fucking war. MAke it messy, make it cruel, make it sad.
Okay, maybe I should axe this part. That's a bit much. But the other shit is still valid

You got the thread number right, so you have my support in the thread war, sir

Classic shitposting was getting boring

I'm the only one who noticed that /v/ is get raided constantly in the last week?
Often the first 5 pages will be filled with random threads that have 5 replies max.

Actually, the thread number for 623 got messed up, so this is actually 624.

>talk about the games
CLASSIC FAGS RUIN EVERYTHING
BOOST FAGS RUIN EVERYTHING
>talk about the comics
REBOOT FAGS RUIN EVERYTHING
PRE-BOOT FAGS RUIN EVERYTHING

Um... I guess we can talk about the music? Yes??? Please?

The only good music was on the Genesis. The rest of it is legit garbage.

>Um... I guess we can talk about the music? Yes??? Please?
The music is universally loved, the only discussion there is debating which is the best Crush 40 song but the objective answer is What I'm Made Of.

>Um... I guess we can talk about the music? Yes??? Please?
Classic Sonic music > modern

This desu. The rest is either tryhard garbage or just plain earraping garbage

>what Im made of
No, Generations Open Your Heart is the true answer

Dammit. We can't even talk about music without shitposters barging in. What the hell are we supposed to talk about now?

>the music is universally loved
It's really not. Don't speak for other people.
>muh Crush 40
Maybe the shittiest thing to ever happen to Sonic.

>Ditch the Buntoine shit.

You guys constantly preach this but you never explain why it should be. What does it prevent from happening that would make the comic so great?

>It's really not
It is, your shitposting doesn't work with the music, sorry. Stick to the comics and games.

>music debate thread
I guess that's better?...

I wish idiots would leave.

>if you don't like every single song, even the stupid piece of shit ones, then you're a shitposter

Bunnie and Antoine from doing other things and pursuing other romances. Their relationship has no chemistry

Basically, yea. What's the old saying, "If a couple never really fights they're not really a couple"? The relationship between the two is a bit saccharine to me.

>Music cuts to some generic shit during the second phase
What were they thinking

>Bunnie and Antoine from doing other things

Like what? Give me some examples.

>pursuing other romances

With whom?

>Maybe the shittiest thing to ever happen to Sonic.
It's really not

>Actually, the thread number for 623 got messed up, so this is actually 624.
But that's wrong.
Pic related.
#622 and #623 were both nuked by mods, but they both still existed.

Antoine is French and Bunnie is not, how the fuck is that not chemistry?

>If a couple never really fights they're not really a couple

Sounds like some shitty advice from someone who thinks their shitty, abusive relationship is a good metric for everyone else.

I'd rather we not keep increasing the thread number if threads get deleted, but seeing as the thread number isn't wholly accurate in the first place it's not the end of the world.

Oops, I meant 621 and 622 got deleted.
Same reasoning applies.
This is thread 625.

Yeah, there's nowhere to go with them. At least if they were seperated you could have some interesting drama. Bunnie would want Sonic and you could have Antoine go after another OC or Sally or even an Egg Boss. Like you said, their relationship is barely a relationship because there's no drama. What's the point
>Like what? Give me some examples.
Interacting with other characters more often frankly. Ever since they got married they interact with nobody else
>With whom?
Anyone you wanted.
user, all couples fight. It's not only normal for them to fight, but healthy.
>I'm pretending to be retarded again!!!!!

Sounds like they should stop basing their relationship expectations on what they see on TV.

I guess, but those threads got deleted within minutes.

Fuck off dumbshit

Not true.
#621 was only about 150 posts away from bump limit.
#622 did get deleted fairly early, but it still had activity. Think of it as the William Henry Harrison of Sonic threads.

>I'll call him dumb because I have no argument
Have you ever seen a real couple? They fight all the time. My parents fight all the time. My brother and all his exes fought. My sister and her ex fought. It's normal

There's a difference between arguing in a relationship and being an abusive relationship, dumbass.

Evidently you've never been in one where do you think you are but the adage of 'a couple that gets through an argument becomes stronger' is a general truth.

Fuck

>my parents fight all the time
Suddenly it all makes sense

>My parents fight all the time
THAT explains it, everybody laugh at this dumbass

Eh, I guess it doesn't really matter a the end of the day.

Also, nice to see people can't help themselves from shitposting.

That last thread almost ruined Sonic for me

Oh don't tell me your parents didn't fight all the time. All parents do. That's a natural part of marriage. Couples fight. Couples that don't fight are often the unhealthiest and there's usually either serious issues with one of them or outright abuse

>Have you ever seen a real couple? They fight all the time.

Disagreements and arguments happen for sure. But fighting all the time is not healthy. If you're constantly doing shit like that with someone you shouldn't be in a relationship like that with them.

Do you not have parents, user?

hopefully this one will ruin him for you so you can leave for good you over sensitive fuck

No

Source: Me and my extended family.

>Also, nice to see people can't help themselves from shitposting.
It's literally just a small group of people that have nothing better to do than sit on the thread all day and attempt to cement their opinions as general consensus to make themselves feel better.

I ain't gonna let it get to me, will you?

BTW, just wanna mention that the other thread is perfectly chill right now.

>Oh don't tell me your parents didn't fight all the time. All parents do. That's a natural part of marriage. Couples fight. Couples that don't fight are often the unhealthiest and there's usually either serious issues with one of them or outright abuse
Come to think of it, given that Bunnie and Ant never fight, perhaps there's abuse going on? Or they're both repressing what they really feel. Seems pretty unhealthy to me. Especially since they both married the first person they loved before they hit 20
I'm willing to bet they fight when you're not around

>Interacting with other characters more often frankly. Ever since they got married they interact with nobody else

The reboot started with Antoine guarding Chuck and Bunnie undercover at an Eggman base. Bunnie had a couple of issues where she interacted with Cassia and Tails with no Antoine. Antoine went on the mission in the caverns, Shamar, Yuraisha without Bunnie. An upcoming arc with be focused on Sonic and Antoine. Their marriage hasn't stopped them from interacting with anyone.

>BTW, just wanna mention that the other thread is perfectly chill right now.
The other thread is ded

No, but I thought we had enough for one day.

>the other thread
17 replies
8 posters

>This thread
70 replies
28 posters

It's only "chill" because it's not the real thread.

Considering how old I am and how old their marriage(s if you want to include the extended family) is. We must clearly be part of a ninja clan.

Yeah, perfectly chill.

Okay, and?

This.
It was mostly 2 guys going at it with a few other popping in

>People want drama back in the comics

Shit I want Ron Lim back then. It's been 10 years, I'm sure he can draw sanics now.

And the other thread was rushed through just so it could be first.
It was posted several minutes early and the OP didn't even bother to correct the number to be accurate.

I'm not giving someone that desperate (YOU)s

>OP didn't even bother to correct the number to be accurate.
The number isn't accurate anyway, user

strawpoll.me/11778061
strawpoll.me/11778061
strawpoll.me/11778061

Or there's serious underlying issues, which is more likely the case. No healthy couple has survived any amount of time without fighting and bickering

Nigga, the number isn't accurate regardless.

Calm down. These threads are not that serious.

#00 threads are fun, so no.

>getting rid of one of the few things that get drawfags off their asses

I want Gallagher and/or Decesare back. Hell, I kinda even want Bollers back. Don't want Flynn completely gone but having multiple regulars would be nice in keeping things fresh.

They probably get into the normal number of disagreements off-screen, but a healthy relationship also involves knowing what not to talk about to keep disagreements from being fights. For example, Ian has said that neither of them try and step on each others' toes in the kitchen.

Nah. Just because some people take these numbers too seriously doesn't mean they should be canned entirely.

People just need to chill the hell out.

>These threads are not that serious.

Then why are we still talking about it?

You really have a low estimation of humanity don't you?

Unless of course you put 'mild disagreement' under the umbrella of 'fight', in which case, sure. However no shouting match has ever occurred.

Because some people take it too seriously.

I forgot Sonic Dash was a thing.

>My brother and all his exes fought. My sister and her ex fought.

Shouldn't that tell you something?

Bazinga!

Sonic don't flip people off!

WHAT COLOR IS MY HEART SNIVELY

Who /not that heavily opinionated here/

meh

Um... I.... um... I dont... see a heart, sir...

Me

I drew Rouge from memory a couple nights ago and figured you guys might enjoy it. I guess drawing her repeatedly in middle school burned her into the art part of my brain.

I honestly don't give a fuck.

I like all the games. Even the bad ones.
I like all the comics. Even the bad ones.
I like all the animated shows except sonic X

>sonic is too kiddy, it needs to be epic and dark like my soul, and sonic should also fuck hot girls with big boobies who are sluts

Come the fuck on, guys.

That's very good user!
And from memory, impressive too