87 octane is $2.00

>87 octane is $2.00
>93 octane is $2.50

What gives? Didn't fuel prices used to go up in 10 cent increments as you moved up grades?

That was years ago when regular was $1.09

My guess is with the higher prices, they keep regular as cheap as possible to get customers in and then really make their profits on premium.

From talking to tons of gas station owners too, a lot of them say they don't even make much money on gas sales. The real profit is on the food and drinks they sell inside.

The reason for this is the proliferation of ethanol additives to gasoline. At most stations the premium fuel has no ethanol while the regular is cut with as high an ethanol content as they can sell. Since ethanol is cheap. That's why there is a price difference. You also see larger gaps depending on how fast the premium sells in a given area. If they are selling as much premium as regular it's usually a bit cheaper than a station that sells mostly regular.

Almost everywhere around here still does ethanol in their premium. And even if they were only adding 5% ethanol to the premium compared to 10% in regular, that shouldn't constitute a 30% price increase.

Wow. That's crappy. Might just be the market isn't large enough then.

>Massachusetts
>89 is 1.99
>93 is 2.93

Goddamnit

Shut the fuck up before they raise 87 to $2.40 a gallon to fit your stupid pattern

>From talking to tons of gas station owners too, a lot of them say they don't even make much money on gas sales. The real profit is on the food and drinks they sell inside

One of the former heads of a manga translation team is also a franchise owner. He says the gas sales breaks even on the expense of having the station and all of its regulatory expenses and maintenance. It is his store that gives him his profits. The store by itself wouldn't have as many customers. The gas station by itself wouldn't have any profit. But combine the two together and there is a lot of profit since the gas pumps pull customers into the store.

PUERTA CENTRE

>dirty valves vs clean valves
>no explanation given
does this mean that if you use Costco gas your carbon is removed?
or does it mean that if you always use costco gas instead of other brands you won't develop carbon buildup?

>From talking to tons of gas station owners
is this like a hobby of yours? just see a gas station you never been to and go in and chat the idian dude up behind the counter?

>what is toptiergas.com

It's a site that'll show you who's selling top tier fuel

I can confirm this to be true, selling gas is in no way profitable. It's just a great way to get customers in the door so you can sell them other shit with tons of markup on it.

Not sure of differences between the grade scales but here in bumble fuck commiefornia
>89 3.109
>91 3.115
Which is max kek. I don't even know if my memebox can even take advantage of the higher octane but I use it anyway

My Versa recommends using 91 but states 87 is just as fine. Top kek. I only use 87 because I'm a cheapo and it is at 1.87

>not only does commiefornia only have piss-water for gas, it's expensive as all fuck

remind me why people live in this shithole again

>inb4 hurrrr mah curvy roads

What manga team?

It's the school system, they force feed you bullshit about achievement so you can afford cool shit like exotic cars, and by the time you realize it's all shit, you're already loaded down with student debt and can't afford to go anywhere else.

So you contemplate wrapping yourself and your precious shitbox around a tree, but realize you're too much of a fucking pussy to do it and doing so will only leave your loved ones with the debt you incurred.

I may be projecting a little.

I FL I an get
Regular 87 for 2.00
”plus" 91 for about 2.30
And premium 93 for 2.55

I have to buy minimum 91 octane for my whip but nobody here offers 91 its only 93 so I have to buy 93. Except wawa which offers 92 for some reason but its the same price as 93

Milwaukee

>87 - $1.92
>93 - $2.79

Fucking jew pricks

Detergents in better gasoline helps keep those parts cleaner

What else do you do in your spare time?

I'm also in multiple convenience stores and gas stations every day for work. But that has nothing to do with it.

>Massachusetts 89 is 1.99
>Milwaukee 87 - $1.92
>Florida Regular 87 for 2.00

Seattle (Washington state) 87 at $2.39 toptier gas today

>remind me why people live in this shithole again
They crossed the border from mexico.
Other residents resulted from the 5.5 children per welfare family stats

still do go up by $0.10 where im from

>shitty small town on Scotland
>regular is £1.19/l
>premium is £1.39/l

That would be 95 and 99 in yurop terms, or ~91 and ~95 in Murrican

>used to go up in 10 cent increments
>used to

My parents used to leave their front doors unlocked.

I know what you mean op. My local shell gas station sells regular for 1.96 and "v power" for 2.65. They must be making a killing from all the poor fools who think that putting premium in their old beater is going to make it last longer and run better.

Texas is 87 1.95 and premium is like 2.05

Alot of it depends on where you live. Right now 87 is $2.08 here but 93 is $3.00/gal just because. I was floored when I took a road trip last year down south and saw how the price differences between grades diminished.

I need 93 because >turbo so I just stopped looking at the price as I fill because its never going to get better.

>texas premium 2.05

Costco can come close to that. but all the shells and chevrons charge at least 40 cents per gallon more for their 93 octane.