/agdg/ - Amateur Game Development General

Dino Jam: Maybe in a few couple million years we can run our cars with its remnants?

>Join the Dinosaur Jam
itch.io/jam/agdg-dinosaur-jam

> Join Demo Day 12
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-12

> Play Demo Day 11 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-demo-day-11

> Play Halloween Jam 2016 games
itch.io/jam/agdg-halloween-jam-2016

> Helpful links
New Threads: Archive: boards.fireden.net/vg/search/subject/agdg
AGDG Logo: pastebin.com/iafqz627

> Previous Demo Days
pastebin.com/i0W2tVRS

> Previous Jams
pastebin.com/qRHNpCbZ

> Engines
Unity: unity3d.com
UE4: unrealengine.com
Godot: godotengine.org
Haxe: haxeflixel.com
LÖVE: love2d.org
GameMaker: yoyogames.com/gamemaker

> Models/art/textures/sprites
opengameart.org
blender-models.com
mayang.com/textures

> Free audio
freesound.org/browse
incompetech.com/music
freemusicarchive.org

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/a83Qk3j-1e4?t=728
youtu.be/04uN57jOg-Q?t=43
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Describe your game using only other games

A game like no other.

let's talk networking

Getting called out
youtu.be/a83Qk3j-1e4?t=728

it's like skyrim plus WoW, but with dark souls combat. pm me if you're a programmer, artists, sound guy, or level designer

I hate people and wished building a career wasn't 95% this.

> has no game

It's like legend of zelda windwaker meets thomas was alone

Harvest Moon meets elements from Ar Tonelico meets WW visuals meets small scale meat industry

It's a game for me and nobody else!

>Veeky Forums
>the worst place on the internet
Not in a long time, if ever.
>no rules
Yeah right..

The way he talks about lurking makes me think of lizard aliens infiltrating human society.

dark souls plus super mario 64

with a furry protag
codename "super bark souls 64"

Correct.

you had me until the spoiler m8

its like metroid and castlevania

Kirby Kong Country

>nervously laughing while telling the redditors there that he doesn't spend too much time there
Strong cuck. Trying to be politically correct about it when I'm sure 80% of that audience are 4channers.

nes castlevania

watch dogs 2 + overwatch

It's like your game except it actually exists.

this

Humans now die and leave a blood splatter when you walk on them.

SCP with HM graphics.

I'm slightly ashamed of myself, don't worry

see you demo day 12

it's like Final Fantsy 3 (US) and Final Fantsy 6 (JAP)

HM?

is the blood splatter supposed to be a footprint? if so they're currently all facing the same direction. if not, maybe have a couple variation splatter sprites to break repetition.

>Humans now get raptured and leave their orange sweater behind when you walk on them.
fify

>it's not even small and charming
user stop, you can still save your game

Hotline Miami

see you in the constant position in first row of demoday 12 listings despite posting the game within the last hour

Harvest Moon

Honster Munter

It's like Armored Core except worse in every possible way.
I also have nothing done for it yet, been trying to learn 3D modeling

Yeah I need to sort my shit out, needs to be more red, more footprinty and make it come up in the other direction if the player hits them from the other way.

Hatred: Middleschool

its too late for me, I'm a broken individual

I could always leave the character out of the thumbnail, and the game itself isn't going to be lewd or anything

The thumbnail of that picture made me think there was a cute girl mecha sitting on the big one's shoulder. Disappointed to find out it wasn't true. Is your game going to have cute girl mecha?

i didn't say that's a bad thing though

>its not lewd
>generic furry fuck face
If you're not gonna try to make a decent looking video game just go for the money, dude.

No.
Now fuck off weeb.

I will probably add mecha parts that are feminine. Like pic related.

Fuck 3D is hard. Can any blender bro give me some tips on how to make this better? Its supposed be a train bench in spirited away.

Its sokoban and captain toad had a baby.

Looks good to me

What language?

Beautiful.

Don't use Ortho mode. Switch to perspective with Num5

I still feel bad about that. Almost every single other game deserved more attention.

I like the minimal aesthetic you have going there

That looks like a train chair to me, those seats are pretty minimalist, so it fits well.

oops meant for

How do I into really low-poly (clothed) humans? Anything I make falls appart when i start rigging and animating.

I really don't think the placement matters that much, and its not your fault, though I think itch.io should shuffle them on every load. But yes, sadly the preview image can determine a majority of the clicks a game gets. I think they should be designed to be as flashy as possible and get people to click, then the screenshots should be of the actual gameplay. I wouldn't call this deceptive especially when hovering over the tiles gives you the screenshots.

latex suits/drawn on/modeled in clothing, depends on if you want the clothing removable or changeable.

or you just keep the clothing very close to the body and weight it exactly the same as the underlying body vertices.

you can also make a separate bone for the parts of the clothes that move/clip the most and adjust them as needed

Java using LibGDX

bye agdg

where are you going?

I tried asking this in /vn/ but since it's a game mechanic design question might as well give it a shot here too.

For the purpose of delivering a story, are there any games that give "scenes" our of a random pool of scenes, with restrictions based upon variables? For example, the pool of scenes wouldn't include those requiring CHAR1 to be alive if CHAR1DEAD = 1, so these won't show up at all. Certain conditions could instead alter the weighting of the scene's selection from the pool. Additionally, scenes that have already been displayed do not re-occur.

A sort of extremely non-linear way to deliver a plot. Even more so than the widest branching structures, because the chronology of everything can be radically altered with each play-though. While a VN is the obvious use of this structure it could be used anywhere where the game is split into different story sections.

I'm researching this in the hopes that it provides some information that I could use in my own game design.

>super bark souls

fucking top kek

"three, four minutes in length"
"really in-depth looks"

I can't name my female character

What's a cute name I can use

>40 minute post gap
I want to see your 40 minutes of progress right now.

Watching the game awards

In the process of fixing what I thought to be a fixed system.

The fuck are you talking about?

Heres a list

youtu.be/04uN57jOg-Q?t=43

>Ar Tonelico
Ma nigga. Love me some Ar Tonelico. Doesn't get enough love I feel.

This is easy to accomplish with basic programming knowledge. Do you have any programming experience?

What should be my top priority for replacement to make my computer able to run Unreal Engine 4 better? It works ok now on top settings, but it's a little slow when like compiling shaders and stuff. Should it be Processor -> Graphics Card -> RAM?

MonoBehaviours not having constructors is really just fucking retarded.

begin watching game awards.

robotic humanoid safety razor fistbump a Ryan Seacrestesque showhost

end watching game awards, thank you i have seen enough

yup, that pentium is a bit on the weak side

As if the Oscars and other shit like that weren't unnecessary enough.

Is this progress? Is this in any way stimulating?

>butt implants

Can't remember if you said you had boss battles or something similar. Looking good though!

>Is this in any way stimulating?
This is agdg, where some are so sex starved that simply saying "nude woman squatting" is enough to promote turgidity.

I already know it's well within my programming capabilities for implementing an IF or VN style game using a random scene pool. I am even considering making a game engine to utilise a simple .txt file syntax, since AFAIK all existing engines of this nature are designed primarily for strict branching structures.

I just want to know if anything else is doing it so I can look at.
1. How many scenes they use
2. How large the random scene pool gets at any given time
3. How complex the conditions get for pulling scenes into and out of the pool.
4. Whether they use something like a time progression to cycle scenes into and out of the pool. For instance, the game plays a daytime scene followed by a nighttime scene via alternating between TIME=0 and TIME=1
5. And, of course, to play it and see how well it works.

why is she doing that

Space traffic!

Combat tomorrow. Exciting stuff.

I've kind of got stuck with my game.

I had some ideas, and I've done them. But I do not have a game, just a framework for a game and a collection of cool things.

I don't really know where to go from here.

I'm about to buy playmaker. Somebody stop me.

>playmaker
what?

If you've got the mechanics down, start adding content, levels, or whatever else.
What sort of game is it? What sort of stuff do you have done?

I mean, It looks pretty well made, if that's what you're asking. Not sure about 'Stimulating'

Im working on all the games levels first and then doing all the boss battles last.

Considering them still really. Its tough to think about how a puzzle games boss should be but il get to that challenge when im done with all the main levels.

It's all set up for an android 2d platformer, it just needs art and level design. But I cannot do art, so instead there's a neat lighting system and particle simulation.

I don't really know what I'm going to do with it, but it looks a lot nicer than any art I could create myself

If I designed a level, and made a webm of my game, would anons give me constructive advice, or just the shitposting i normally see on agdg?

I'm a big slut for space. Tell me more.

what engine

I'm using LibGDX, and Box2D

Real programming is a useful, life-applicable skill that you should take the time to learn.

how experienced are you with it. would you recommend it

I've spent a few months using it, and I really like it.
It's been compatible and has had libraries for everything I've needed, so I would recommend it.

yeah i'm using it too. it's good

Pretty good for day 1 I say.

Forgot the gif.

So, I'm about to start on a phone project using Unity. I know how to use Unity. What I'm mostly looking for is some guide to show someone a few tips to how to approaching organization, and creation for a platform like ios.