Please Help

Hello Everyone,

I spent the weekend installing an amp and subs into my 2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX. After it was complete I notice my air conditioner back-lights were no longer lit and the single blue interior light was also not lit up. I didn't notice this until night driving. Everything else works fine.

I have tried disconnecting the negative terminal for 10 min but that didn't seem to do anything. I tried resetting the infotainment system (holding down the power button for 2 min). That didn't seem to work either. I also made sure it wasn't any of the brightness controls.

I had a similar problem in my 2010 Mazda where some lights were not lit and the audio controls on the center console were delayed. 1 Mazda dealership quoted me for an entire new head-unit! Another Mazda dealer reset the ECU by leaving the battery disconnected for a while and it was free of charge. So in other words, dealerships are just as good as you guys.

Should I try completely disconnecting the battery for 15 minutes or so? in order to reset the ECU? I have the radio security code.

Thoughts?

Could it be the interior lights fuse?

check fuses

This

>He got a BMW

First mistake and hopefully under warranty.

Lmao mistakes Civic Hatchback for a BMW baka

>buying a new civic
>putting a shitty amp and subs in it
>fucking up the install
just kill yourself

thanks for your help faggot ass bitch

Hideous

>Calling this bloated garbage sedan a hatchback
Seriously consider killing yourself.

what is the function of those fake plastic """vents""""?

Visuals.
tbqh I do like the looks, it's very "angery" and aggressive.

While stupid, it has it's charm.

Could be bad bulbs.

Pull off the panel, and see if they are burned out. Swap with known good ones, or just buy some replacements. They are like $1 each online.

Just noticed that. New edge Mustangs had the same design. What I don't get is why the don't just put holes there instead of the hexagonal plastic shit.

Undo the electrical tape and wire nuts and take it to a professional.

>2017

So I disconnected the battery for 1 hour and it still didnt ask for the headunit security code so I know it did not completely reset. I think I'll have to do it for longer.

Hit the brakes to drain any residual power.

unplug battery then do something to drain the power still in the lines, I turn on my headlamp, others pump brakes, roll a window partially down or turn on headlights,... you get it. If you do this it'll only need to sit for like 2-3 minutes.

Are you implying they are soldered on LED lights?

Solder joints could always fail.

That's some tough talk for a nigged out civic owner...

how can you fuck up a sub install? its literally one powercable from the battery to the amp, one grounding cable from the amp and one signal cable from the headunit to the amp.

i would say check all the fuses, might be interior lighting/dome/whatever fuse
pic related