/bbg/ - Bloodborne General

Snatcher Claus is Coming to Town Edition

Behold! The previous thread: >A google doc with basic information. If you're new to Bloodborne and /bbg/ READ THIS FIRST BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS
docs.google.com/document/d/1sItpr6PHpoEiFbtFIBtPO4UNeNEpxuztHteANTJRHDU/edit#heading=h.od90ylbez0rz

>Patch 1.09 Info
jp.playstation.com/op/bloodborne/news/2015/12/update109.html

>Accessing the DLC
bloodborne-wiki.com/2015/09/the-old-hunters.html
Note: If the eye isn't showing up, go to: Settings > Playstation Network/Account Management > Restore Licenses

>Co-Op & PvP
bloodbell.com/
Official PvP Chalice: hizzngr3 (Pthumeru Root)
/bbg/ Fight Club:
Pthumeru - n6rc9jh8
Loran - jjpkdcgd
Isz - 9v8qndas
(every Saturday 6pm EST, general rules:imgur.com/1RjNbF4)

>Resources Pastebin - Planners, Calculators, Spreadsheets, Stats Info, Where to go next in BB, Guide Scans & Wikis
pastebin.com/aNR8TXUr

>Chalice Pastebin - General Info, Glyphs for Gems, Best Gems Setups, Multiplayer & Speedrunning
pastebin.com/489M5NBv

>Media Pastebin - OSTs, Concept Art & Screenshots
pastebin.com/t8byCxfj

>Beasthood & Claws Info
pastebin.com/jnbs35ZX

>Wheel, Fight Club, Arc 101 & other Misc. Info
ssjnugget.imgur.com

>Bloodborne Damage Calculations and Formulas
pastebin.com/YnRRZPMp

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=t0vNWJa94aw
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

AWOOOOO

FIRST FOR PURGE FILTH

AHH

Wow, you're a failure, just like logarius.

KOS

MMMMMMMMM

>Vilebloods coming out of the woodworks already

REV UP THOSE WHEELS, LADS

IT'S PURGE O'CLOCK

>there are people ITT who unironically say kosm

Favourite prey, bbg?

Beasts? Ayys? Hoonthas?

Anybody wanna help a lvl 59 shitter with Orphan?
Pass bbg I'll be ringing at the lighthouse hut lamp.

reposting from last thread

#
> So a dreamland is created whenever a great one is summoned? I don't believe that.

No, but it did in this case.

> The Third Umbilical Cord precipitated the encounter with the pale moon, which beckoned the hunters and conceived the hunter's dream.
- Cord in the Abandoned Workshop

Personally I think it came from the Orphan, which is why hunters are cursed with the Nightmare, the hunters dream was conceived using orphans ill-gotten cord.

>Vilebloods and Executioners can't stop killing each other
Calm down, you blood-addled beasts.

> I couldn't graduate from Yharnam high so I joined the church
What is with these zero insight blockheads.

very confused doll does not know how to hold a scythe

and a traumatized old man

literally me

Sure, I'm on my way

Huh, that's neat. But couldn't it be that Gherman agreed on the makeup of the dream during the meeting with MP?

VILEBLOODS

On my way, friend.

>I'm such a sissy beta faggot that I willingly cuck myself

Stay mad silly church tool.

This is great, user! Did you finish the others yet?

It's perfect. I can just imagine her saying "...even the doll, should it please you."

Is that you, Gregor?

You guys wanna try again?

Came in as a HoH into somebody else's world. That's odd. Is somebody using the same password as we are?

>there people in this very general who unironically think Kos is the proper term

Picked the worst one of all the suggestions.

Shit I've been found out

Absolutely. Sorry for dying so quick, I'm not used to having this low of vit against Orphan.

Beasts.

The Great Ones can help us ascend. The beasts are nothing but a scourge.

n-no
I'm still working on them, and i'm short on time lately.
Don't worry user, i'll get to the others. i just did the first one first

Sorry... I jumped into the attack on accident.

Ayys. Nothing more invigorating than maiming something that's supposed to be my better.

I wish the Labyrinths had one single unique story area, like a Chalice place you have to pass through in the story, just once, instead of being almost totally segregated from the story as they are. Pthumerians were weird scary bastards with fire magic and huge pits of corpses just fucking everywhere.

Clerics.

>there are beastly idiots existing on this lower plane who don't say Kos(m)os

pls go patches

Is draw user still drawing hoonters ?

pls

Educated moderates and scholars who say Kosm as it is closer to cosmos>=Complete radicals at parties who say Kos(m)os>Eyeless fools who say Kos

Got him. Thanks for the help, friends.

Great fun, user. Thanks for having me.
Who is LaughMaker? I was beckoned to your world through a password as a Hunter of Hunters.

You can get summoned as a purple by randoms even if you have a password in, so it was probably just some poor schmuck.

Glad I could help. Just a little disappointed I died before the end, though. 25 vit as a summon is rough.

>tfw you had to go to class right when draw user showed up
Fug

That's quite human of you. No worries of beasthood here.

Ah, that explains it. First time that has happened to me.

What's on Marylin Manson's head?

knight hat

>Ahh, Kos, or some say Kosm
>some say
Kos is the correct name for the Great One. It is insightless fags like you who call her 'Kosm'.

Definitely something fishing going on in the darkbeast fight.
It keeps dropping my inputs.
He does that quick 2 slash. I'll dodge but it drops so I get hit. Then I press dodge again once (not mash it, I know how From like using input que to fuck players over ) and he does another 2 slash, and it drops my dodge input.
Nice artificial difficulty, From. Drop inputs from dodge, Queue inputs when you attack.

How bad is the drop rate for 32.6% blunt gems from the watchers? I want to know what I'm getting myself into.

One of the most painful gems to farm, in my opinion. It's a very low droprate.

Why was Byrgenwerth so small?
I thought it was going to be a huge college and campus to explore but all we got was a small portion of what I was expecting.

Me too pls

The rest is in the nightmare, Lecture Hall is Byrgenwerth

Any NIGGER want to help me out with forbidden woods? I always have trouble with the snek people ;_; password: bbg

I might be wrong, but I always thought the real Lecture Building was in the Unseen Village and belonging to the Nerds of Mensis

Sure, gomme a sec

Mensis students are the original members of Byrgenwerth
It's specified that the lecture building is from Byrgenwerth and it's adrift in the nightmare realm

i'll join as well

Alright, ill be ringing at the first lamppost

You've been complaining about input shit for like three days now, no one cares

>some
>the cosmos, of course!

Even Micolash realizes it mid fight.

Having played DS3 before currently playing BB, you know whats great about the latter?
Not once has it felt like the game was saying "Hey remember that thing from Dark Souls 1? You liked that game right?"

hmm
i still got nothing

We finished the area already, we waited for a bit but it wasnt picking you up

Wanna come on down to byrgenwerth? I had fun and dont wanna play alone, other user can come too

Helping a buddy beat maria right now, ill help out if you still want to after im done though

>Bloodborne is a game which depicts the value of life in newborns can be swiped easily
>Have trouble how to feel in regards abortions and miscarriages since I can tell for myself I wouldn't have been born if mother had the option to do so and not forced.

Are you ok user?

Dope, ill be just waiting and ive already rung

Ringing now

That can happen if you're using oaths, hostile invasions don't get filtered out by passwords.

>Waste of skin

So I did TOH before starting Nightmare of Mensis now and I'm kinda confused as to why my Kirkhammer is doing so much less damage here than against the enemies in TOH. Are all these enemies strong against blunt or something?

Fuck, got frenzied

They're strong in general. Come back when you'll have a +9 weapon.

I already do. It's a +9 Kirkhammer and I have 37 STR. Most of the normal enemies in TOH died in 2-3 hits with my Kirkhammer and these guys are able to take much more than that.

>not cruel fate
>implying user isn't now sure in his purpose

What enemies are you talking about specifically?
Are you sure that your weapon is not damaged?

You still there? The lady jumped into me and pushed me off the map

Friendly reminder that if you haven't done so already change the RGB range of your PS4 from automatic to full for a better looking Bloodborne. Go to settings > sound and screen > video output settings > RGB range

>What does this do?
I basically ups the colour saturation and contrast of your PS4 considerably, leading for a far more vibrant game with crisp, dark shadows that accent popping colours.
Although the screenshot function of the PS4 doesn't show the difference between automatic and full I played around with a screenshot in paint.Net to make a close approximation to what it looks like on my screen.

I like automatic more.

What the FUCK was his problem?

Assassins gotta assassinate.

Lackey of the church. They all had that issue.

Full looks way too saturated

I actually prefer the top more. The filter gives it more of a dreamy feeling while accentuating the fog.

He's a dick, but I love his cackle. youtube.com/watch?v=t0vNWJa94aw

>Laurence isn't he final boss of the DLC

Man who the fuck really backtracked all the way to the Cathedral after getting his skull?

You literally just have to teleport like 100 feet away

I did because why not. He was ridiculously easy after beating Kos though

His fight shouldn't have been optional at all desu, I mean he's literally right there. It's not as if you have to go out of your way to find him

Yeah but you press on and eventually end up in the Hamlet and at Orphan. Then have that "oh yeah, the vicar clone" moment and kill the guy who founded the church and spread this shit everywhere only to find out the real enemy is already dead next to his mom.

What the fuck are you talking about

what the fuck are all of you talking about. did I miss something in the dlc? all of this reads like some fever dream

Can you not follow a simple conversation?
Some guy is complaining that Laurence wasn't the final boss of the DLC, and that you had to backtrack to him, but it's really just a 1 minute run from the first DLC lamp to the Nightmare Grand Cathedral.
>Did I miss something in the dlc?
You did fight Laurence, didn't you? Cleric Beast on fire?

I can't tell if you're serious but if you go back to laurence after you find his skull he turns into a boss

Is Nightmare Frontier the most tedious part of Bloodborne or what?

It looks like Gears of War sandy grey ass in terms of color.

And the only good loot is a bunch of chunks.

Nightmare Frontier is certainly the worst designed area in Bloodborne, really the only reason to go there is for the chalice and maybe the messangers gift.

Fuck, I'm an idiot. I've played through the DLC twice and never fought Laurence, didn't even know that he was in it. I went through it more or less blind both times and never thought to go back to the cathedral.

I like how the frontier looks, honestly. I also really like how the Hunters Nightmare looks.

Also, those few chunks are actually pretty important, as without them it would be impossible to get your weapon to +9 immediately after Amelia without farming any drops or killing another boss.