Red pill me on the wage gap Veeky Forums

red pill me on the wage gap Veeky Forums

it doesnt exist

how do i prove this to others?

Bring up the fact that the "wagegap" refers to how much women make compared to men in general, but doesn't take into account the career choices, hours worked, partime vs fulltime, amount of overtime worked of men versus women.

In a way the wagegap DOES exist, but it's not because of sexism or because men get paid more for the same jobs as women, that would be illegal and quite blatant. The difference exists that women and men make different choices when it comes to their careers.

Men for example take on Trades jobs at a much higher rate than Women - Those are low to moderately skilled jobs that pay good money.

Women on the other hand take jobs like secretarial/custodial work, childcare and teaching at a rate much higher to men.

what about the remaining five percent? do they just not work as hard?

Which 5%?

isnt there still a tiny margin after you factor in career choices?

I don't think so, might be related to hours worked.

I'd like to see a study that compares men and women working the same jobs, the same amount of hours with the same responsibilities getting paid less to prove a wagegap.

Whoever complains about the wage gap also tend to hate big corporations for their greed. I always pose this question to people who believe it is true:

If these greedy corporations could get away with paying someone less to do the same work, why would they want to pay more for someone else to do it?

The whole gender pay gap argument is just ridiculous.

Yes but it is negative. Women are bad at most high paying jobs

It only exists in total general statistics. When you break it down and compare a man vs woman working the same job same education same experience etc. The wage gap is less than 2%

but feminists argue that women does these kinds of career choices because of the ways they are being raised in a patriarchal society.
I don't know if that is true though (I don't think anyone can know that).
Anyhow, sometimes I feel like there are definitely some injustices. Some proffessions that are dominated by women and still work just as hard as some other proffession at the same level dominated by men still recieve less money than the male-dominated proffessions because female proffessions are considered low status anyway.

Like my mom is a nurse, but she makes less than my dad who works in a convience store. Being a nurse is fucking close to hell on earth. They deserve better.

>Like my mom is a nurse, but she makes less than my dad who works in a convience store.

where the fuck do you live?

huuhhhhhh
My mother is a nurse and makes 49/hr at one job, 60/hr at the other.
sister just became a nurse and she's making 30/hr
does your dad own that shit because no way he would beat a nurse at even twice minimum wage

His mom is probably a CNA or some shit, not a real nurse. Any decent RN makes more than the general manager of a convenience store.

>Like my mom is a nurse, but she makes less than my dad who works in a convience store. Being a nurse is fucking close to hell on earth. They deserve better.
what?
My cousin is about to become a nurse and she's trying to get a certification to go into anesthesiology so she can make $100k/year for 3 days/week of work.

It's not a wage gap at all. It's an earnings gap. It's the average lifetime earnings of all men vs all woman from when they enter the workforce until they leave. It's then boiled down to a ratio represented in simple dollar terms. It does not take into account hours worked, career, overtime, education, experience or pregnancy.

The term "wage gap" is a misnomer intentionally used to incite outrage to give the story legs. It's now been so widely misrepresented, the dumbshit facebook crowd who never bother to research anything themselves widely cite it as fact. That woman for some reason arbitrarily get paid 23% less than men for doing the same job. Obviously this is illegal in any developed nation and rarely happens at all.

The Wage gap, which isn't that big if you account for certain things, can be thought of as a bonus to men who have a higher rate of suicide as a result of professional stress.That suffering is what allows them to earn more than women. That's not the whole story, but you wanted a redpill.

The Wage Gap is payment for men being wagecucks.

>quite blatant
Not it wouldn't, because aside from cog labor few jobs are exactly the same. So it could easily happen.
But if anything women are paid more for the same work. Just less overall.

Women also tend to be shit negotiators as well. Where a man will fight for a higher salary, a woman will accept the first offer.

female professions aren't considered low status

female professions don't offer the same monetary value. that's basically it.

if you generate the same amount of wealth in one job as you do in another, you'll be compensated the same (give or take the amount you, personally, think you're worth. see my post above about negotiating salary)

This. The actual portion of the correlation that can be explained by sexism (after taking hours worked, skills, experience, taking compensation in benefits vs wages) is something in the low single digits.

In other words, less than 5% of the difference in the sexes' wages can be explained by discrimination on the part of employers.\

Much of the gap is instead attributable to different preferences. Men prefer to take higher risks for money wages (oil & coal workers, crab fishermen) while women are more likely to hold occupations with significantly lower risks of fatality (professional services, education) and opt for relatively more compensation in the form of benefits (health insurance, dental, daycare, retirement, etc.)