About to buy this, my first shitbox.
'07 Jetta 2.0TDI

Find a flaw.

(Protip: You can't)

>diesel
>VW

>Volkswagen
>Diesel

Seriously. Not trying to antagonize or be a dick in any way. Dont buy VW. Get a toyota.

Toyotas are boring and for old people

VWs are pure class

Don't get 2.0, get 1.9 with manual and you are good to go.

Ok now I'm sure it's a troll thread

What is the advantage of the 1.9 over the 2.0?

It's the UK so they all have manual transmission anyway

The 1.9 is unkillable, the 2.0 cheated.

1.9 is the reliable one

>Faggots not reading the post

>'07 2.0TDI
>Dieselgate models affected were 2009-2015

Faggots blown out by superior diesel

Not considered a B7 Passat with the 1.9?

My dad owns one (estate) version and it's very nice. Torquey, quiet enough, good on fuel despite its size. Plus the Passat, imo, looks better than the Jetta

>Get a toyota

I don't need the extra space and the insurance is more because I'm 19 and only just passed

Ahh, understandable.

If you've just passed, 2.0TDI insurance will be fucking astronomical mate. Look smaller, 1.6 maybe? Not the FSI version thought but the boggo 1.6. Might be better on your insurance.

I know when I looked when I was 18, a 1.6 Ford Puma (for keks) was £2k for a year fully comp.

Are you drinking Starbucks right now? Wearing Uggs? Does your iphone 7 have a cracked screen already? Are you snap chatting your boyfriend right now? While driving?

Congradulations, you chose the right car.

>when u fuck her so hard she lost some chromosomes

this op, don't be a fag

>find a flaw
I don't really know where to start.

>vw
>buying a vw tdi after 2003
shiggy diggy

>VAG

It's weird though, insurance isn't just engine size because I get quoted far more for some cars than others, the jetta happens to have lower insurance which is about £2000 per year for me regardless of engine size. Meanwhile an octavia which is the same size as the jetta, even with a 1.4 petrol is £2500 a year

Insurance group is the main thing and the Octavia is bigger than the Jetta no?

Fabia = Golf
Octavia = Passat
Superb = (redundant) Phaeton

No actually, platform-wise it goes like this:

Fabia = Polo
Octavia = Golf/Jetta
Superb = Passat

The Skodas just use a stretched wheelbase version of their respective platforms, or at least the Octavia and Superb do.

Octavia looks big but it's actually based on the golf so it's the same size as a jetta.

The Superb is the same size as a passat.

Skoda and VW try to not directly compete by sizing their models inbetween one another, for example the fabia looks slightly bigger than a polo

Ahhh.
I always knew that platform wise, Skoda's use one down-from the VW.

I was under the impression that while the Octavia was on the golf platform, it competed with the Passat for example

I can't get an insurance quote for a passat below £2400

Trying to find saloon-style alternatives to a Jetta that look good

Hecho en Mexico.

I would suggest an A3 saloon but they're too new. The price would be ridiculous for you.

>A3 saloon
That's the same car though.

looked at a seat toledo but the old model looks shit and the new one is still too expensive

EGR Valve can get a bit cocky

My family owns the gas version of one of these and it's so fucking terrible to drive. Extremely slow throttle response. No torque at all. Terrible driving position. Useless traction control. Some of these might be even worse with a diesel.

It's a diesel. All diesel cars are shit. Diesel belongs to a van.

this. I've previously owned two VW's, a jetta and a passat, both from the 2000's. they both burned oil, and had leaks from time to time and it was a pain in the ass. my current car is a toyota from around the same time as those two VW's and I haven't had any problem whatsoever, it runs great with regularly scheduled oil changes and maintenance. nothing more