TX2K Monster

Alright Veeky Forums, you have under $100k to build a tx2k car.

Must be capable of 220+mph
Beat 1300hp GTRs

Basically this youtu.be/JWqr_L3ZpyY

Your goal : make all your money back and more.

What do you build and how?

Other urls found in this thread:

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9pNxV00tpA
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're going to need way the fuck more than 100k to build a car capable of those speeds. Some of the engines in those cars are pushing 100k alone. Your best bet would be buying somebody's drag car project and dropping in a 50k 2500hp crate engine.

I have a plan. These old straight five Audis that you can boost to hell and back. Find a FWD model, install an identical drivetrain in the rear with welded up steering, put identical parts and tunes on both engines until you run out of budget. AWD and a projected 1600 to 2000 hp.

F body camaro
Lsx block
Twin garrret 6366 idk
What else u need lol

Not going to happen for $100k.

Yeah well I ain't gonna sell out my soul for some uninspired Vette hurpblock and durpturbo setup.

>buy 600-3000$ third gen trans am shell or junker
>gut the whole thing
>build a full NHRA spec roll cage and crash structure
>bucket seats, exposed floor
>go to junkyard and pull an LQ9 out of #rekt escalade for like 300$
>buy LS9 cylinder heads for 1600$
>spend like 3 grand on a great forged stroker crank, copper head gaskets, ARP head bolts, titanium sodium filled valves, good head springs
>some good turbo cam
>forged 8.8:1 pistons with proper ring gap
>TR6060 super magnum 6 speed shifter
>built to fuck 9 inch with a good watts linkage setup
>two big fucking turbos and a massive water to air intercooler
>spend the rest on carbon fiber or composite aerodynamic body panels, big EBC brakes and some good front suspension.

Then have fun being slow and struggling to hit 4 figure power levels reliably.

I don't think it's possible to hit 4 figure levels reliably. Not for 100k.

I will.

it totally is. you could build an LS to over a thousand for far less than 20grand if you just upgrade the crank, pistons, ring gap and injectors.

trucktrend.com/how-to/engine/1213tr-vortec-5-3l-big-bang/

A 1000hp V8 crate engine will do that all day till the cows come home for under 20k.

Could you build an E36 to be a TX car?

MaximumPSI got theirs into the 8s, full interior with AC

>Street racing
>roll cage and crash structure

lmao pussy that's money you coulda put under the hood

>buy a truck, remove everything
>strap a jet turbine to the back
>try not to die

You can get one for way cheaper than 100k but there's a good chance it will blow up before it reaches the finish

>buy an old military Soviet surplus MiG
>pocket the rest
>????
>Profit

>buy RX7 FD
>rotary into the trash
>LS swap
>supercharger
there, perfect car

LOL no. I own a shop in texas that helps build these cars, and our friends shops build these cars.

>Buy new camaro
>big turbos
>build bottom
>cams
>nitrous
>fuel
Done.
We have a 1000whp Z car that is stripped but road legal, we weren't able to make it this year due to scheduling conflicts. But we have MAYBE $25k in that car. It weighs 2600lbs with fuel and cage. We should hit about 210-220. Won't know until next year when we get out there. You CAN spend $100k+ buy you absolutely don't have to spend that.

>Fucking up the 50/50 weight distribution and lightweight of the chassis

Shiggy.

You aren't doing 220mph in a SC rx7 LS. No way.

Hayabusa Trike with twin turbos and nitrous

>what is chassis rigidity

I would build basically this
m.youtube.com/watch?v=D9pNxV00tpA

Literally this
Some GM pushrod cookie cutter trash with big turbos and slicks

Cheap and effective but done to hell and back

Irrelevant when you're just doing highway pulls on drag tires.

K20/K24
big turbo
nitrous
Type S trans
final drive swap

theoretical top speed of 247.92 mph on 24.5 drag slicks

would be hilarious

Take Challenger 5.7, stroke and bore to 426, full forged top and bottom end, bolt on 2.4L supercharger run 16lb of boost, gear to 4.11, mount slicks, reduce weight by tearing out everything not necessary to keep it from falling apart, and then tune it to run up to 7200RPM.

Initiate rape sequence.

This, but with a ~800hp single cam.

>$3k used Hayabusa
>$3k turbo kit
>Achieve 220mph
>$94k hospital bills

>hospital bills
>Not funeral bills.

Mostly for chassis rigidity. How could you not want a cage in a car with well over a thousand horsepower.

5.7 block is too mall for 426 cubes. 6.4 is pushing it at 426. Forged top ends don't exist. Positive displacement superchargers are generally inefficient at pressure ratios over 2. I'd love to see the pistons speeds on a stroker 426 at 7200 RPM.

Funerals are cheap.

A Saab B234 could probably push that much power if you really go crazy with the boost and strap like a truck turbo on it.
Not for long though, and there's no gearbox to mate it to that would survive a full power launch with adequate grip. Sure is cheap though, $500 for the engine, $500 for a ginormous turbo and a few grand to build the engine up with pistons etc.

But it doesnt fuck up the weight distribution at all user.
Source: rotary fd owner.

Every American fuck Boi's dream : A Matte black Cadillac

>fbody (~8k)
>lsx fully built crate engine (~20k)
>big fuckin single tarbo setup strapped to the lsx (~8k)
>nitrous setup (~5k)
>interior & other prep bullshit (~7k)

am i missing anything?

Fuel, ecu, dyno tune, boost controller, suspension, tires, wheels, exhaust, injectors.

alright, fair enough

just add another ~30k for all of that shit & you should be good 2 go

It's entirely possible to stroke and bore a 5.7 to a 426. It just puts the cylinder walls under extreme stress. You'd likely get a couple of races before it detonated and that's all you need to make your money back.

If I was that user, I'd look at turboing that engine instead of supercharging. It'd be a glass cannon car. But it would probably be able to roast just about anything it went up against.

>1st-gen snek
>build motor
>blow the rest on hookers and blow
>?????

Profit

Why are you here nigga

And enough money left for apex seals, kek