Is this worth watching if you're not a weeb?

Is this worth watching if you're not a weeb?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=kHvjuOxAvpM
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Veeky Forums.org
the fuck are you doing here if you're not

Watch a few episodes and make your own decision faggot.
How the fuck do we know what you enjoy?

First Stage is pretty much required Veeky Forums-core, after that it gets more and more "dagumi wins because dagumi"

This stopped being a weeb site long ago.

It's a part of the Veeky Forums common culture. It's up to you.

Just watch the 3 Initial D: Legend movies. It's the first stage redone in movie format. There's no Eurobeat but the pace and the animation is better.

>no eurobeat
Don't listen to this faggot you'd miss out on half the fun

You can't browse Veeky Forums if you haven't watched it

1st season is ok 2nd and 3rd are meh... Right now I'm watching 4th. It has the most awkward social interactions ever but euro beat is still good

Don't watch Legend. Watch the battle stages instead.

What are some other Veeky Forums-required media that one should watch? I'm bored and want to watch cars burn rubber.

sure

The FnF movies when they were still about racing and cars instead of heists, Wangan Midnight, Drive.

Ex-Driver. 6 episode series with a movie. Alot of great classic cars aswell as some 90s tuners.

Grand Prix

So just the first one?

I love the first one still.

Stop after third stage. Everything after that is just disappointment and wasted potential.

There's an user adding eurobeat. Can't remember if he's done with the third movie or not.

Up to the fourth film. The fourth film had cool cars and some pretty nifty chase scenes/races. After that the series dropped the street racing aspect and became full on action films. Also Chrysler promotion became a bit rampant.

First Stage is worth watching for a good coming of age story. The other stages have little of the same animation charm and become progressively duller in terms of story.

The j-rock in Legend sucks because you can't tell the songs apart like, at all. Eurobeat is fantastic and all but the fun in spamming the lyrics is being able to immediately connect them to the scenes.

Guys, what's the capital city of Japan where nobody slumbers?

NO ONE SLEEP IN TOKYO

ALL NIGHT CROSSING THE LANE

Nah, movies are worse in almost every way.

There are two things I was told I neded, one was love but I can't remember the other one...

No

Redline

not sure if bait, but get out.

The majority of Veeky Forums users don't give a fuck about anime.

If you weren't here from before Veeky Forums was created, you don't get to call yourselves "Veeky Forums users"

GIVE ME LOVE AND MONEY
GIVE ME YOUR LOVE BABY
GIVE ME KISSES HONEY
I DESERVE THE BEST YOU KNOW IT

I'm not into anime. A car anime sounds dumb. I'm not watching it.

not reading this post, 8 decides which post i read

Man, you know I got your back, br/o/

youtube.com/watch?v=kHvjuOxAvpM

>battle stages
Yuck. Ruins the music choreography of most races. Especially shingo. You need heartbeat and the ED song for the respective spin outs.

This One

i'm not a weeb, i haven't watched.
From what I gather its a cartoon about a corolla owner named dagumu whom races pizza delivery drivers down hills.

LOVE AND MONEY
COMING FROM YOU
IS ALL I NEED

>tfw I'm not a weeb but after watching this I am becoming a weeb

"And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you." ~Bunta

Better than Legend.

Even the eurobeat edit cant fix Legends.

Some parts just have inferior choreography. Things like inertia drift, turning into the gutter, or the spinouts are rushed theough with no dramatic pauses
Feels so unsatisfying.

1st stage has awful cg and quality but the choreography just makes it so classic despite all that

Drive

Nice digits.

I'm working on a better eurobeat edit of Legend by cancelling the j-rock out, because the original user just pasted audio on the video file and you can hear it underneath.

Welcome friend

Smokey and the Bandit
Both Cannonball Runs
Le Mans
Bullitt, but only for the chase scenes
Ronin

All these are top tier Veeky Forums kino

kek

how can improved music mixing improve it thought if the content itself is not as exciting

A cut of the actual races in the original would be a better effort. Basically battle stage but better timing on thr music

It's something, I guess. Better than nothing and I just feel like it.

battle stage has some good shot-to-shot pacing, but you're right that making it nothing but racing ruins the larger pacing.

it's amazing and sad how much the filmmaking and cinematography took a dive after first stage

Any user here has the link to the first 2 Legends movies with eurobeat?

first stage is the pure concentrated essence of 90s anime
second stage is them throwing their budget around
third stage put me to sleep and I gave up on it

Do they have English dubs for all of it?

no, watch it subbed, faggot

If you do Bullitt, add French Connection and Seven Ups as well - the D'Antoni trilogy.

I just said fuck it and marathon all 7. That send off tho. ;_; I'm such a sucker for that kind of thing.

Believe me, the dub is fucking TERRIBLE. Just watch the subtitled version.

Two Lane Blacktop as well.

Dropped.

Speak American or no watch.

the dub voicing fucks with the characters
itsuki sounds nothing like he should in the dub

the flow is much nicer with the sub. i watched the first stage again dubbed after watching the sub. It's not worth it

There are versions of the Legend movies that have fan-added eurobeat to replace the shitty j-pop. I don't remember if they were on youtube or for download but they were so much better.

I know a French dude who hates anime and knows nothing of cars, but owns most of initial D's music on disk. for that reason, watch it for the music

Yes.
It's not a traditional anime where teenage boys hjave a loli harem and must destroy the big end world endingboss with friendship and love

It's actually pretty grounded. Only anime trope it falls into is explaining everything verbally and spoonfeeding, which I guess is an requirement in japan sicne weebs are the most retarded people on earth.

Other than that it is pretty solid and fun. Music is great, some action scenes are great, some lvoe scenes are comedic.

If you can't stomach first stages style, watch the 3 movies. They're a bit less cool than anime but might be enough to make you want the series.

Stupid fucking weaboos lmao at your life 2BH

the funimation dub is fucking fine

No one sleep in tokyo!

I hate (most) anime series but thought it was pretty alright.

It's almost /m/ material, think Gundam with cars, less Dragon Ball or K-On.

The Funimation dub is good, all others are bad.

Funimation dub also doesn't get you to the end of the series, you have to watch Fifth and Final stage with japanese jibber jabber and yellow talkin' words on the screen, no matter what.

I'm getting my driver's license because I watched it. Today was my second lesson in town (outside of a school's grounds) and a part of the course was like a thin twisty road, it was actually super fun.

>Gundam with cars
That's cyberformula gpx

There's the dogfucker talking talking shit on weebs again

Who /oak/ here?

you and me, user
actually beginning to listen to my weeaboo friend

He fell for the "anime-is-shit"-meme

When I came to Veeky Forums I didn't give a fuck about anime and only liked muscle cars. Now, 4 1/2 seasons of Initial D and 4 RWD Toyotas later, I won't shut the fuck up about moeshit. It's a gateway drug.

>if you're not a weeb
What the fuck are you doing here?

Browsing the 40 non-weeb boards.

Sounds real fuckin lame to me. Cute 2D girls are the best.

Did anyone play the game? How much did you spend?

first stage is good the rest not so much because it's always the same

I've only been here for 7 years. I'm sure I'll become a weeb eventually.