tons of shit, check [Em-bed]

>Latest ATV:
youtube.com/watch?v=3rcWkqliP6A&t=0s[Embed]
>RTV:
youtube.com/watch?v=nnPrz48kB78[Embed]
>Loremaker's Guide to the Galaxy:
youtube.com/watch?v=DhJ_mqKHywQ
>Referral code randomizer:
docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-1-rpqu70wunuwc4CS9oqXwh1TnFS73f8HJAtAgKWeU/htmlview
>Citizencon Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=pdCFTF8j7yI[Embed]
>CitCon2016 Full Presentation:
youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0[Embed]
>Star Marine Demo:
youtube.com/watch?v=QW-f4ourFEc
community.elitedangerous.com/eventseason16
heise.de/newsticker/bilderstrecke/bilderstrecke_3298445.html?back=3298273
gamestar.hu/gamescom/elite-dangerous-horizons-2-2-guardians-update-gamescom-2016-frissites-ujdonsagok-215519.html
>Latest videos
youtube.com/user/FrontierDevelopments/videos

Old:

For real tho no one has anything to say about my retaliator autism? I think the secret to making the tally good is shrinking its crew to like 4: Pilot, one dedicated gunner, Flight engineer, EWAR officer.

Its primary defense should be diversion and running the fuck away, not getting into gun battles.

I gave you like five minutes to do it. I literally warned you twice.

>tfw I fell for the ship kits meme

Whats easier for mouse and keyboard, Gimbals or non gimbaled?

Woah the F8 Lightning is hangar ready?!

I just got it for the tail and bumper
All that shit that disrupts the original silhouette is hideous

gimbals

I cant stand gimbals desu, and I only fly MKB cus my hotas is an X55 first run and as such is shit, I feel like they make maneuvering sluggish and unresponsive for a tiny gain in tracking speed and accuracy, that only starts to matter on ships like connie sized and bigger.

Basically if your ship can turn fast enough to keep the larger fixed guns on target why bother with gimbals at all?

Really stimulated my hippocampus.

Ramp up Anti Aliasing and Supersampling when you take screenshots dude. That aliasing is burning the yes.

that thing just has way the fuck too many fins.

Why is everyone so salty about the flight model speed change? I think it looks great.

I'd rather actually see what i'm shooting at, rather than just an orange circle off in the distance with a small render on my ship's screens.

>burning the yes

>Why is everyone so salty about the flight model speed change?
Are they? I don't follow the SC community anymore for reasons you can probably guess. The slower speeds are a good thing. The speed creep was causing a fuckton of problems for everything in the game.

Because they don't want hornetniggers to get an even more powerful ship.

People don't like change.
I think slowing down SCM will make the game more babby friendly, but then the boost/burner stuff being available all the time instead instead of being a mode switch and the maneuvering loss being a scaling thing rather than a toggle adds complexity.

But for real, people will screech whenever they have learned something and are comfortable with it and then it changes, just the nature of humans, change means adaptation, adaptation means work ans humans in general/gamers in particular, are aggressively lazy. I promise you that accounts for 90%+ of the crying.

I think the issue is the change has been made for the PU, but people are judging it on the arena commander balance.

The top of the line military fighters (hornet/Sabre) absolutely should outclass civilian racers or whatever. The real question to me is how a Hornet will perform in the PU - will it still be great at dogfighting? Yeah, probably. Will it have the fuel tank/cargo hold to be really useful long-range/inter-system? ...eh, probably not.

tfw I really loved the showcase of arena commander we got, including the bulky laser effects

Pretty much this Ship balance shouldn't be like gun balance in CoD or whatever, you shouldn't be on equal ground with every single-seater with weapons. Some ships should be superior, at the cost of, well, additional cost and difficulty to acquire in-game.

This has been bypassed fairly significantly by ships being available for purchase, but that's an entirely different issue. The game's design shouldn't be influenced because too many people bought Hornets in concept sales.

>watch ATV
>hey you can set your own custom cameras up so you can make cinematics while you play and shit

They do realize that this is going to be exploited to all fucking hell if you can do it in the game itself right?

I wish the Starfarer didn't have that dinky little bridge at the front. It looks pretty great from this angle obscuring the tiny bridge jutting out.

The drop cams only work in spectator mode. Tho a deployable drop cam would be neat as heck.

The over the shoulder"corner peak" cam is gonna be an issue if they allow third person of any sort, but the lack of hud keeps it from being a directly a combat advantage.

Also, SC is not an MLG competitive game. Having shit like cinematic cameras is literally more important than tactical shooter competitive integrity.

No thanks, I don't want to be fighting on a ship and then some faggot camping a corner in third person pops out and 1 shots me

Move slowly, check your corners, don't be alone, for every play there is counterplay.

The obsessive pursuit of "game balance" and competitive purity has killed a great many games recently. Many great games from the past were heinously imbalanced and had all sorts of exploitable mechanics but it didn't matter because they were fun.

>walk down a long corridor, guy is sitting at the corner and knows I'm there but I have no possible way of knowing he is there
>pops out and 1 shots me when I get close enough

no, there's no counterplay to that.

Have you actually played the game? You can camp corners right now and it doesn't help a fucking bit. If you're camping on a trigger happy motherfucker he's going to gun you down the moment you round the corner anyway.

The point is that you dont remove or disallow a promising game mechanic from an alpha because of what some faggot might do with it. You try it, if its an issue you either develop counter play or reconsider it. A simple counter to what you are describing would be a heartbeat sensor and a frag grenade.

I'm still waiting for a valid counter argument

I'm a LEM in CSGO and a Diamond in R6:S
There's no counterplay to third person faggotry because it gives you all of the benefits of peeking around the corner yourself with none of the downsides

You can say "Well listen to footsteps!" and yeah, but that's completely different because then you're still guessing exactly where he is and he will have his sights trained on that corner.

>might
What everyone WILL do with it, this isn't really a difficult concept.

>walk up to the enemy's castle, guy is sitting behind an arrow slit and knows I'm there but I have no possibility of knowing he's there
>pops out and 1 shots me when I get close enough

Pls remove castles devs wahhhh

Except you know he's there because you can literally look into the hole or just assume he's there because you're attacking a fucking castle wall and people are stationed there

Try harder next time bud

A guy third person camped a corner, I rounded the corner, and his "advantage" helped him out none. I shot him in the fucking face and there was nothing he could do to stop me because of how jarring the switch between 3rd and 1st person is and the fact you don't know where your guy's pointing when you're in 3rd, but you're still moving him. Or, if you want better camera controls, you have to completely divorce the control of the camera from the control of the person. That means you're going to have to readjust the moment you pop back into 1st, and that timing could be fatal.

You've got no HUD in 3rd person, and CIG will never give you one.

what is it about star citizen that brings out the crazies in droves?

Last stand mode in star marine is oddly fun despite how simple it all is. I hardly play FPS so I have no idea what the official term for this 'capture and hold resource nodes for as long as possible to gain points' style game is. I've only ever seen it in WoW's Arathi Basin battleground.

They seriously need to put a flashing light on grenades, they're nearly invisible.

>i killed someone that is bad and let me actually get to the corner so it's fine

You wait until he's away from any cover and then pop out and shoot him because you know exactly where he is, any skilled player is going to win that engagement 95% of the time.

If you've never played an fps in your life then don't try to argue with me.

>Guy sits in corner of blackout room with shotgun, completely invisible facing backlit doorway.
>I walk down the hallways towards door, he hears me coming and one shots me as soon as I round the corner into the blacked out room where I have no idea he is and cannot see him.
>Wah devs light up every room so that every enemy can been spotted easily.

>Guy sits in security room of bank I'm robbing. >Sees me approaching the door to his room on his monitors, just as Im about to reach his door he pokes his MP5 around the corner and magdumps on me when I don't even know if he's in the room or not yet.
>Waaah devs remove security cameras.

Star Citizen has permadeath
Every corner and doorway is being camped.
Every firefight must be taken slowly and treated as if it is a tournament match with no respawns, because it is and the prize for winning is your life.

The same stupid ass "I should be able to run and gun" "best damage person second is automatically best" mentality that dominates CoD and BF and Planetside is being promoted by the arcade mode testbeds and it is simply not applicable to this game.

GO SLOW, be paranoid, use grenades on any suspicious rooms, slice the pie, wear armor, LISTEN twice as much as you look. your ears are harder to trick than your eyes. I could go on and on about how correctly unfair the fps mechanics of this game are going to be, but I'm not going to. All I'll say is that something like a freecam for shooting movies is way move valuable than a potential balance issue which they are already taking measures to mitigate.

>Ignoring the rest of my statement
>Ignoring changes to the armor system enabling survival of significant numbers of hits in heavy armor.
>Ignoring locational damage and differing damage amounts for different firearms.
>Ignoring the way the 3rd person camera controls and the lack of significant tells of where your character is pointing
The lack of a HUD and proper third person controls makes third person combat or aiming unviable. As you round the corner after camping nothing will stop your opponent from murking you just as hard as you expected to end him.

So today we learned that /SCG/ is completely garbage at fps games.

>these are the people I'm gonna be farming in Star Marine

Hopefully it gives some decent REC

are you fucking retarded
if you have permadeath, all the more reason to (((not))) have third person, i'm not about to carry 500 grenades just because I need to blow up every fucking doorway because some retard might be peeking using third person.

Play Arma and you'll realize that third person is the most broken fucking shit ever in cqb, the defender gains an absolutely ridiculous advantage if they can just watch you walk up with absolutely no signs of them doing so being projected

you can't listen to the footsteps of someone whos standing still waiting for you

would honestly contemplate suicide if cig actually put third person camera in the pu, foot combat dead overnight tbhfam

That's what I meant though, without third person the camper would have to rely only on footsteps, which still gives him the advantage of surprise, but he won't know exactly where you are to just line up a headshot when he strafes out.

I can't believe there are people that don't see a problem with third person cam in a permadeath game

maybe come back when you've been following the game any longer than the last ATV

theyve been talking about on-foot radar and manual sonar detection for months and months.

is it in the game yet? no, it isnt.

So you need to bring a scanner to counter defenders third personing around corners, and even then they'll just see you pulling it out and gun you down while you can't even fight back

Nice bro!

The third person arguments are a rather silly considering you have an actual radar in your helmet hud. In some ways it helps to keep things moving. because going for run and gun is the only way you'll really ever take people by surprise people because they'll see your dumb ass inching around trying to be Mr Bad Ass Operator if you go too slow.

SM will need ways to fool or disrupt radar of course though. But I hope to god they never add some bullshit optical camouflage invisibility shit

what makes people watch live streamers at all is the real question

there is no possible way to convince me that 1/4th the screen being taken up by an average D.Va main is improving the gameplay people are watching in any way.

and literally what are they watching anyone stream? people pay sub money to sit there watching people play arena commander in a highly unstable pre-pre-pre-alpha testbed?

what is this world i'm living in today

They've already said a solid "no" to ship based invisibility technology. I doubt they've going to put in something person sized instead.

if you can't play around someone who's lit up on you and your squad's HUD like a christmas idk what to tell you

grenades are in 2.6 btw, their main purpose being to clean out covered fighting positions.

supressing fire has been in pretty much any game i can think of that has guns

You know what, I'm honestly impressed by how bug free Star Marine is so far. I mean, it's as basic bitch as a FPS can get but it's still "hell froze over" territory for something made by CIG. The only real bugs I've run into were falling through the ground a couple of times and every so often you'll respawn half in the floor and need to spend a couple of seconds to unstuck yourself. The only other issues are netcode related, or simple dumbass game design (the respawn points are fucking awful, I've lost track of how many times I've spawned right in front of someone)

It's a surrogate friend basically. The result of the death of normal social structures. A lot of lonely people out there user.

So we're going to see exactly where everyone is at all times? no need to even spot them?

>just throw a grenade at every single corner because someone might be there third person spying you!

do you even listen to yourself
I thought reddit was the cult, but you fags are even worse

>Watching streamers with fuck huge webcams
I just want to watch/listen to vidya while I'm doing other stuff. Most of TV sucks. Big webcam streamers are cancer.

So far, yes. Though that still doesn't seem to stop people from running right up to hack a terminal and not notice me squatting in the corner ready to literally shoot them in the ass..

you are retarded
foot combat will die if you have to clear or suppress every corner because someone might use magic shoulder camera to spy around it
please either stop smoking or suck start a shotgun

the radar doesn't cover the whole map, just maybe 30ft or so around you.

Post waifus

>wanting childish run-and-gun instead of tactical combat in a sim
Just go play Battlefield or CoD or something. Maybe ED will have arcadey shooter bits when it gets spacelegs.

Best waifu

Not even in it for the hype just loved the idea from day one.

Cause she's gotten thicc

friend owns one, will be using it as the "mothership" for our group of about a dozen or so, mostly auroras however

stop posting cutlasses i can't afford to spend more on this

What the fuck happened to the cockpit? Why are there so many struts, and why are they so thick? Why is there a goddamn steel plate right in front of the glass?

it is a freaking in-game arcade shooter mode.

Reminder that this is going to be the old busted shit.

its old concept art, not new redesigned cutlass

What's that? More Cutlasses? How about the rework? It's looking pretty good for the old girl.

Anyone have any interior shots of the rework?

What was the gun that very early backers were supposed to get for free? All I remember about it was that it was supposed to be a crazy area-denial gun, like a Mantis on crack with smaller bullets. Had a really fancy name, but just can't recall anything more than that

Oh god look at how sexy she looks on the inside. Being inside her feels nice.

Done.

>dat fan
was considering buying it for just that, huge hardon for mi-24s for whatever reason

Damn that's a lot of space in the crew area. That has to be cutting into what used to be the cargo hold, right?

Have they said any plans for what'll be in there where the camera is (a table/shitter or something)?

i'm clearly being baited since what youre talking about isnt even in the game while not spectating but maybe you don't quite understand the aeons-olde concepte of how a minimap works in FPS games?

if someone moves or shoots near you theyre gonna show up on that minimap. then you toss the nade and or cover the position as you freind with the shotgun flanks him. obviously your dumb ass isnt going to waste nades or ammo, right?

Idk any other way to explain this man, i know it's been in literally all team based FPS games that have minimaps for the last decade and a half. if you've been playing too much call of duty and battlefield and don't understand the concept of strategy anymore i can't help you.

I bought it for the toilet.

Probably going to end up being the crew living area a la the Freelancer or Constellation. They haven't said anything about it though.

I'll be so glad when that old, busted shit can is replaced by this.

Nobody is this retarded don't feed it

hopefully they keep it, it's a nice little touch but i doubt it's gonna be there - new cockpit looks to be much more verticle

they better not drop it
best part of the cutlass imo

>2016
>heavy UEE
enjoy your 15 degree field of view

on that topic is the view for armor changed in 2.6? kind of triggers me t b h

I'm going to miss this beauty, and the toilet. But I'll gladly welcome her million dollar makeover.

I havent seen anything that isnt the basic bitch flight suit or the 1 set of marine armor thats in SM

hopefully that and all the massive issues caused soley by the armor you equip got adressed in some way

>on that topic is the view for armor changed in 2.6? kind of triggers me t b h
only tried the default armor and the medium outlaw armor so far , but the default helmet overlay is much less obnoxious and screen blocking than it used to be. The outlaw helmet (the one that's basically goggles shaped instead of a faceplate) is still fucking obnoxious though

3.2 can't come fast enough.

I just want maximum comfy flying brick, and anything bigger than a Starfarer.

what's with so many scam citizen ships being made out of cheap riveted sheet metal?
That isn't going to hold pressure

You call it cheap sheet metal.. I call it Drake Interplanetary.

oh fuck me guys I'm gonna buy a Cutlass Black and an F7C Hornet how stupid am I

Ditch the F7C and end up with only a Cutlass and you'll hate yourself less. Never thought I'd say that.

>F7C Hornet

Pretty stupid. F7CM or bust.

How likely is it that the Terrapin will retain it's 1x s5? I want to twin link fixed s4 lasers and just melt everything in a straight line in front of me.

Wasn't that a utility only hardpoint?

No, it originally had a blurb that hinted at a s5 main chin weapon, alongside the huge radar on the top.

Fuck storefronts

The Terrapin only has a dual S2 mount.

Yeah, I know the default loadout is dual s2 gimbaled, but I want to dream of dual gimbaled laser mantises

That looks like an aegis-restyled constellation. Interesting.

Weird combinations of plain old autism and too tight a focus on "realistic space combat" instead of FUN.

We're just going to have to wait until we can actually play it.

For what it's worth, I tried playing some vanduul swarm last night in a mustang alpha and gladius with stock weapons and the combat did feel far, far closer. I had a much easier time hitting enemy ships. The trouble is, they did something to the vanduul HP where it takes an insane number of shots to kill them. I think it's probably just a bug, or has to do with server desync because the AI kept stealing my kills. I think I only got one kill attributed to me in about 4 waves before giving up. Hitmarkers were appearing but it seemed like I had damaged components to a point where they'd no longer take damage, and might have been blocking hits on the ship where it could have taken actual damage. I dunno, it was weird. The enemy AI did derp out quite regularly, and flew in straight lines when they should have been evasive. They even came to a complete halt several times, just getting shot so much my weapons overheated. the "match speed" functionality allows you to follow much closer to an enemy now.

Other anons were right, the M-series Behring laser cannons are now red, and have different sound effects and stats. Lower RoF, feels more "punchy". Similarly bulldogs have a lower rate of fire. The Scorpion ballistic gatling cannon on the nose has an initial warmup time before firing the first shot, then a sliding RoF increase until is furiously spitting lead, with MUCH better sound. Projectile speed changes mean the gladius stock loadout has a smaller pip divergence too, which is nice. I forgot to test missiles (I don't usually rely on them)

Maybe afterburner/cruise speed fuel tick rate is the long-awaited explanation of what "ship range" is. I hope not.