Choose my next car /o

Choose my next car /o

19 year old in UK. 7k. Good fuel economy that is actually quick and nice to drive.

No hatchbacks edition

Other urls found in this thread:

mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/284022-please-help-i-want-cry.html
mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/383959-help-power-steering-malfunctioning.html
mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/383794-blew-my-power-steering-pump.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Audi A4 B5 1.8T from 2000

your insurance is gonna cost a bomb, get a shitbox hatchback you idiot

although if you can afford it get whatever

I know. Thats why i said 7k and not 11k

Totally depends where you live with regards to insurance. You could get a really nice 330i / 330ci clubsport for that with change for any issues that crop up, but if you can't insure it thats hopeless.

For reference I live in Aberdeen and my 330i sport costs me £389 a year to insure at 20. What are prices like for you?

Not gonna lie that is a fucking suggestion

Horrible. Absolutely awful.

I have 11k to play about with, but since insurance is a bundle of sticks i said 7k for the car and the rest for tax/insurance etc

MIATA
IS
ALWAYS
THE
ANSWER

E36/E46, Soarers, 2nd gen MR2s.

Import a twingo

Fiesta. Like every other normal sane 19yr old.

a fucking what

>actually quick
this
mr2 turbos go for pennies over there
non-turbos go for even less
makes me mad as fuck as someone who lives in the rust belt of the USA

those fucking suggestions!!

e46 330ci
e36 328

>330i sport costs me £389
>20

I'm 19 and just got a quote on a Skoda Fabia 1.4 in London

£1700

Kill me

>in London
>no hatchback edition
r-really?

>London
There's your problem mate

>in London

Lel, what did you expect. They don't want you driving in London.

great suggestions, all of them are quick, look amazing, and are actually a driver's car

2001 Toyota Yaris
Airbag delete
God I miss you

fucking kek
gg

How did you do that?

Granny shiftin not double-clutching like you're supposed to

E46 328ci
14000£ per year
London

14 grand.
not a typo
needless to say i am driving uninsured

There is not a possible car that is more bait for a 19 year old than a E46 coupe

>£389 a year to insure at 20
Fucking how? Mine is looking to be nearly 3k.

350z/370z

bought it off ebay for 600£, lovely lovely car, pulls so well despite having 244k miles.
fuck London seriously

Lmao.
I'm 20 and literally getting quoted 500 quid for the same car.

Your insurance is so fucking expensive UK.

No it isn't, unless you're a teenager with no NCB and living in a big city.

I'm 22 living in a medium sized town and am still looking at paying around £3000.

Bad postcode then?
Do you have any NCBs?

>Do you have any NCBs?
Nope and I suppose that's a big part of it but the differences between my quotes and the mere hundreds of pounds that others are paying is insane. I live in an incredibly low crime area as well.

BMW 325d

w203 C class are pretty cheap in my country
why shouldnt I get one as a first car with the money I earned by myself
I am thinking about getting the 2.2l diesel engine and the only real alternative is e46 320d but that seems worse in every way except ""muh driving feel"

You shit eurofags. I insure an e39 540/6 and an mk1 cabriolet for $1800 a year. Sucks to live in a shit country.

Most people in Europe can insure that cheaper. What's your point?

>mk1 cabriolet
S W E D E N
W
E
D
E
N

I am a 20 year old eurofag and the insurance for both of those cars would be about 1030 usd per year

Mk1 Ford Focus... sedan

The world would be a better place if all the Americans that talk about Europe as one country were gassed.

if you want somehting thats not a hatch way more of that is going to have to go towards insurance. Though with 11k you could probably get an e36/46 with some sort of i6, insure it and still have a bit of money left over.

if it makes you feel better they are all rusted piles of crap over here, and noone can afford to insure them.

A vRS or a normal one?

Vw gti

Why are there 3 of these breads?

P-phonzy?

>E36 320i
>E46 320i
>E46 318i
>You can try the E46 or E36 328i if insurance doesn't rape you
>1.8T Audi/VW

Because you can't have any fun with them, and you want your first car to be fun.
To turn off esp completely, you have to go into dyno mode by turning the ignition on and off while punching the fucking konami code.
And when you finally get sideways in dynomode, the power steering pump will disintegrate if you hit full lock while on the trottle, resulting in debris in the steering rack - much likely fucking that as well.

Related salt:
mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/284022-please-help-i-want-cry.html
mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w203/383959-help-power-steering-malfunctioning.html
mbworld.org/forums/c-class-w204/383794-blew-my-power-steering-pump.html

The petrol ones had a variety of gremlins. The late ones with m271 are worst - basically timebombs due to the single timing chain which are prone to failing.

The 2.2 diesel engine is decent.

I'm scared now. Now I don't know if my w203s steering should be lighter. I always find it a bit on the heavy side when compared to other cars that I've driven which includes golf 4 5 6, Passat 5 6 7 and am.

But it has been like that since I got it 2 years ago. No way ps has been half dead for 2 years right?

mercedes are boring old mans cars
bmw is the best german hoonmobile period

With correct ps fluid levels it shouldn't be heavier than the other cars you mention. If revving makes it lighter, then the pump is tired.
But they do also wear out normally, not causing rack damage like mentioned above.

Any harmful metal shavings would have given your rack issues by now, so I wouldn't worry much.
If you want to be 100% sure, then have a workshop check the ps fluid for debris.

That's not possible unless you're fiddling it somehow, sorry, it just isn't.

Yes it is, have 1 or 2 years of NCB and put both your parents on the insurance policy as named drivers.
If I can get a boy-racer bait WRX insured for 900 annual being 20, then he sure as fuck can get 400 on a 330i.

>the really fucking want an e46 330ci
>only find autotragic ones in my shit /cunt/
Reeeeeeeeeeeee, should I even bother with an autotragic e46?
Should I even bother with a non 330ci version?

This

I have 3 years no claims, a clean licence, a job (i.e. not a student), and I live in the North of Scotland where crime is basically zero. Car does 10k a year and stays on my drive. Parents on as named drivers as they use it occasionally.

Hold out for a manual, the automatic gearboxes are trouble. The 325i is a really good car too, and they are a bit cheaper which is nice. Great cars, just watch for rust and cooling systems.