XCOM General - /xcg/

Cheers edition

Previous Mission: News:
1)Console Release of XCOM 2

2) Long War Studios has released the Long War Alien Pack:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=577474474

3) Julian Gollop is STILL working on his new game Phoenix Point. It's a turn-based tactical game with strategy elements, destructible terrain, geoscape and character progression. He was recently nterviewed by Eurogamer about it.
>phoenixpoint.info/
>eurogamer.net/articles/2016-06-29-watch-we-ask-the-creator-of-xcom-about-his-next-game-phoenix-point

The /xcg/ Mandatory Read:
>pastebin.com/k9pT8zx4

/xcg/ XCOM 2 character pool
>docs.google.com/document/d/12XvY-C-RoQZUexxauBXcCsw1jElq-g8TaCNpLgG2atM/edit

Image Library of /xcg/:
>imgur.com/a/S1qfx

XCOM2 modlist, UPDATED!
>pastebin.com/pTMatP5Z

MEGA Mod Repository, contains most of the mods in the modlist:
>mega.nz/#F!HlgWjCqR!STJ0c0kW8Fs6jKynqKyerw

Modlist Steam Collection - Contains 99% of the mods in the modlist:
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=756115171

Assorted improvements (Skip intros, alleviate stuttering, multi monitor support, and resolutions past 1080p):
>steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=616682629

/xcg/'s Long War Library (New LW players read this shit or you will be ignored):
>pastebin.com/YmaXBKpN
Piratez mod for OpenXCom:
>openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,3626.0.html

Out of ideas, so have memes:
youtube.com/watch?v=FKDlqdsw1i8
youtube.com/watch?v=FE6RuZuvjMs
youtube.com/watch?v=hUiAmrtxits

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ
youtube.com/watch?v=8ymxOw6VuTg&t=629s
tfgeneral.com/downloads.html
youtu.be/xK4Ixy2tjd8
youtu.be/rOI11iDbGoI?t=461
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807973360
youtu.be/AvIgzYBL2Z8
mega.nz/#F!1JdlSIoI!MW4ad1s90vZ-OUWTR_FGrg
youtube.com/watch?v=QytPPdgUOWs
twitter.com/AnonBabble

pistols are useful

1st for Neptunia and Titanfall 2 ports FUCKING WHEN?

We have a guy on Titanfall 2 ports which will actually make Sparks useful

ok guys, do anyone here play with all pods active?

can you advise me on an ai mod that works well with all pods active? i'm gonna mop up this legendary run, get my achievement and start new campaign.

i am barely testing all pods active with ABA2
so far is been good except when the ai decides to stop in the fog of war and overwatch

youtube.com/watch?v=na4GYyJwYjQ

Why the fuck are you memeing this guy so hard, user? I'm a through and through conservative and even I think it's cringy

>cringy
Alex Jones is legitimately crazy and I it.

>still no voice pack

>get shot
>I'M ALIVE

>still no Alex Jones and Ghost voicepacks
I just want those two to be fighting alongside Trump

and a molinyx pack

mod that adds the king of the hill style of mission from EW when?

Thats tf1 but um not complaining

You know I never tried this, what happens if you rocket a reinforcement point and explode the tiles ADVENT supposed to land on? Does the heli just leave them from 3 stories high and they just fall to their death?

I could. But i wont, mostly just because i'm lazy, i don't know if this will put your mind at ease or give you an aneurysm but here's a picture of the rest of the magazines and stuff for the hunter rifles.

From left to right top to bottom, conventional autoloader, conventional expandmag, default magnetic mag, mag autoloader, mag expand mag, mag autoloader+expandmag, beam default mag, beam expand mag. The plasma autoloader is just that round disk the vanilla beam weapons get.

Technically i'm missing one mag for the conventional rifle, so i might just make the one you suggested, but that weird upside down mag is still staying.

No, they just drop on the floor below.

So when will the rest of the Generals factions be added in? We have GLA, now we need the USA and CHINA unit voices

Beagle uploaded another LnL

youtube.com/watch?v=8ymxOw6VuTg&t=629s

Boy he is on a roll.

OK. Looking forward to that.

tfgeneral.com/downloads.html

>campaign start out low ans slow fighting the ayys tooth and nail
>now he carves a fiery swath through the map
>this is the fourth-ish mission where the end game screen shows "Most underfire - NONE"

I think some user started working on an Alex Jones voice pack a few threads ago

All I can think of while watching this.
youtu.be/xK4Ixy2tjd8

I haven't watched his videos in ages since he's been breezing through them

Was any mission lately difficult for Beags or result in losses?

>make a mistake
>ranger exposed in wide open
>several others flanked
>leave a lancer alive from the pod
>thats it, here comes gravely wounded
>runs up to a civ and kills it

thank you advent training

I kind of understand why he didn't want to stream a 'Normal' campaign after the game release. His first experience with the review code left an impression that the game snowballed so hard that he immediately went for difficulty+ mods tom make things more interesting in the streams. That's when things went against him and went in hard. Campaign ending hard. In multiple occasions and in quick succession.

A miss here, ADVENT boxstrat there and so on. Anyone remember that car (that was already in flames from the beginning) explosion that took quite a few of his operatives and pretty much ended yet -another- campaign? That was harsh.

Not really. If you want to watch someone having a hard time go and watch Marbozir's XCOM 2 Season 3 and the beginning of Season 4. The RNG really turned on him with a Revengeance.

Someone post that video of Christopher Odd getting squadwiped by a panicked soldier in gatecrasher.

Fuck I hate gatecrasher so much. I had to restart that mission so many times on my Legendary Ironman run. I'm so glad that the Quicker Start mod exists now.

Found it.

>youtu.be/rOI11iDbGoI?t=461

Dude has almost 4000 videos, jesus. I thought Beagle had a a lot of content. Now if only Odd was funny

Well, it's funny when he fucks up like in that video. At least he isn't annoying.

>This'll be great! Great start!
>And then it happens

"Not annoying" is a pretty low bar to set, user. I suppose it's fine as white noise, but I could never look through Odd's shit the same way I would all 100 hours or so of LnI. He makes a lot of content, but he ain't good at the game and he ain't entertaining so I really don't see any reason to watch him over Beags besides from his silky smooth 1080p60fps video quality. Even then 3kliksphilip has me more spoiled with silky smooth 4K 60fps, although he's a different kind of youtuber entirely.

But hey, different strokes.

Definitively different strokes, i watch him(not frequently mind you) over Beagle because i find Beagle incredibly annoying. I used to watch Beagle in Youtube a long time ago and it was fun, but nu-beagle in twitch just drives me up the wall so i had to search for alternatives and Odd is the only one i found that plays Xcom2 that i could stand to watch.

Gatecrasher would be so much easier if it wasn't full of indestructible high cover surrounded by low cover and the ayys start on that high cover

What do you need for third tier melee weapons? Archons? When do they start appearing?

You get it from Archons, yes. But melee is shit in late-game so I tend to use the Arc blade anyway because of that 25% stun chance.
The Fusion blade just sets things on fire which isn't that useful.

Aye, I can see why burnt-out Beagle turns you off. I stopped watching streams too, I only drop in every now and then when Fubukiposter posts and reminds me it exists. It still bums me out how nu-/xcg/ are such cunts to Beagle though. I get the whole "getting political" thing was unpopular with /xcg/ being almost completely conservative, but I miss the days when he was our mascot streamer. His streams and content kept us alive throughout the slow points of the LW-era, gave us something to talk about and he even posted every now and again even into X2 days. All that's kinda just faded because people got offended, which gets ironic when you consider these are the same people who say Beags is an leftist cuck who gets triggered by everything.

Might pick up Odd though, should I start from the beginning or is the newer content better?

Yeah it's Archons, they're slightly before Heavy MECs and Shieldbearers. Unless you've somehow modded melee though listen to this user

Gatecrasher would be much easier if you weren't limited to rookies. Seriously, that's the only thing. With four SPECs you have so much more flexibility.

beags also got xcom2 two months before he could show us, and he played the fuck out of it. So he was a little burnt out on vanilla when he could start showing it to us.

>Might pick up Odd though, should I start from the beginning or is the newer content better?

I watch him but honestly i don't really watch him that much to know, i think i've gone through all of his Xcom2 stuff but i pretty much just have him on a second monitor when i'm doing something, that said, he made more stupid mistakes at the start than now.

Thanks. I have multiple melee weapon mods, like katana, bat, axe etc so swords being bad not really my concern. I wasn't aware the tier 3 sword removed the stun chance though, I thought it added burning chance on top of the stun

Expansion when, I'm dead on the inside

is beagle going to stream tomorrow?

I'm dead on the inside and need some cheering up please.

Probably Civ6 but the possibility is there that he will return to XCOM sooner rather than later.

Doesn't burning prohibit ability use? Combine that with the DoT and it seems like a pretty sweet deal.

Avatar progress had hit 10 bars so I decided to hit one of their facilities. I think this was the second facility they built, but it only reduced their progress by one. How the hell is this calculated?

I want to play xcom with you, fubuikiposter

>doing an enemy facility
>skullfuck a codex
>proceed to kill avatar
>doom ticker dropped 7 points
>tfw

The little pips under the icon show how much it will drop the ticker

Facilities produce indiviual progress to the project total for as long as they're active. You can see how much progress a facilitybis worth by the number of pips under its icon.

I just took out an eight-pip facility. Dat feel when the Avatar bar plummeted...

whenever they do progress sometimes the little pip will go to a facility
destroying said facility will decrease that amount of pips like said
but right now they are bugged and wont showup
unless you use this:
steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=807973360

This fucking MEC just jumped up onto the roof where all my dudes were and allah ackbar'd himself and two of my dudes. The two dudes went from full HP at 11-12 to fucking 0 and 5/panic. Also revealing a pod of 3 sectoids. What do?

Sectoids are useless, kill that advent trooper, don't flashbang the sectoids or they'll crit your shit.

Actually, my other heavy died at well. Suicidal mec took 3 dudes in one turn.

>What do

Lean back in your chair with your hands behind your head. Take a deep breath and say the following with gusto:

"That is XCOM, baby."

Then, grab yourself by the testicles and become proficient. It's time to prove yourself.

If you dont have the firepower or positioning to wipe up the remaining ayys you can cut your losses and try to evac

Not him but I can't tolerate the deaths of my operatives.

I name them after characters I like so I feel sad when they die and I savescum

It's over lads. Sniper got mind controlled, flanked the sectoid controlling him with my other two remaining dudes, both only ended up doing 7 damage in total cause they missed their crits and only had tier 1 firepower cause I invested tier 2 for ranger/sniper. Next turn a sectoid mind controlled another guy and my other panicked, ending as zombie food but not before one sectoid crit him.

Fuck that suicidal mech, never even imagined that was a thing.

>do literally all the missions
>try to advance as much as I can, upgrading base and shit
>savescum like a cunt to not lose soldiers/missions
>agent 47 calls my progress mediocre

why

I've beaten X2 a bunch of times now, and decided to do something different, so I turned on Damage Roulette, and maxed that shit. Everytime I roll 1 damage on my Boltcaster I regret this decision.

Age shall not weary them
Nor the years condemn
At the going down of sun
We remember them

F

F

You can butchering 4 million armour ayys with a squad of rookies with no grenades and he will call you a fag if you let the doom ticker advance

He will fondle you proper if you counter any progress made that month or drop it lower than previously.

youtu.be/AvIgzYBL2Z8

not him
he probably hates my guts because i always let the doom ticker go up all the way and then counter it with the black site
and from there on i only do facility missions when the bar fills

kill ayyliens

KILL AYYLIENS

AYYLIENS GET OUT

>try to reinstall EU
>can't install the Elite Soldier Pack, steam just refuses to download it
Thanks Obama.

You are welcome.

>return fire

for what purpose

guys

why does watching Beagles gameplay make me sad?

I just feel like the devs are watching and seeing this bizarre Australian goblin destroy everything so cheesely

Like they realised they cannot balance their game to stop this man, or challenge him, or anything

Because you're an idiot, jake doesn't care if autists can breeze through his game, he cares that casuals don't.

firaxis has a duty to make sure their game sells to as widest audience as possible

they shouldn't have to balance their game around a bearded, balding cuck sectoid just because he obliterates the aliens' shit every mission. it's built for the casuals and the casuals have frequently stated that they get their booty rekt every mission; because they suck shit at xcom. mission accomplished.

what we need to do is wait for the magnificent design king and his entourage to create a mod that we can all miserably enjoy

mega.nz/#F!1JdlSIoI!MW4ad1s90vZ-OUWTR_FGrg

for you tell me if that works

Because SPARKs can't take cover, there isn't a safe way to stop them from breaking concealment right? I just have to hope monsters don't come my way?

Cover still breaks los though, kinda.

>cuck

This meme needs to die now, people are starting to take it seriously.

>My grandmother used to tell me stories about the old days, a time of peace when Lump kept balance between the Ayys and Beaglerush.
>But that all changed when Xcom 2 was released.
>Only Johnny Lump, who mastered The magnificent design, could stop the ruthless cheese.
>But when the world needed him most, he vanished.

Spoken like a true cuck.

And the pharisees hated him but now they hate everything about nucom

Okay then.

>chooses to defend cuck instead of balding
Well, at least I know you're not Beagle.

Lump gave up, his ayys are weak and soft, even the rulers are more magnificent.

Well, he does look like a balding sectoid (if sectoids had hair in the first place), but I've seen nothing to indicate that he lets Jamball fuck other men.

You are correct, she is the man though.

Anyone ever play with Spark Pugilist class mod? Came across it when looking for mods for Sparks. A class focused on fisting, supposedly very good at melee, is it balanced?

>A class focused on fisting,

Sounds like something Vahlen would create with Meld and willing volunteers.

>TWO CHICKENS
bet he only got a chicken leg, its why his body is sectiod tier level

take this tygan!

Oh my god.

this is why we fight

I fucking love double scout rangers. You move so damned fast through timed missions and the shadow strikes make a mockery of ruler's and their reactions.

I like Vahlen and Tygan equally. I took a shine to Tygan when the trailer showed that glimpse of the Shadowchamber project where the glass tube explodes in his face and he just sort of shields his eyes and goes "whatever, dude".

Guy performed brain surgery on himself and ran away so he could help XCOM tear apart Codices and dissect acid monsters without protective clothing. He has a professional exterior, but he's a wonderful lunatic.

>etheral spirit shows up and makes threatening messages during the avatar research
>tygan doesn't give a shit

>lily shen makes increasingly hostile remarks during the cutscene for the shadow chamber coming online

>codex brain explodes in his face

tygan just does not give a single fuck.

>retaliation mission pops up
>shadow chamber counts 51 enemies

better strap in

Why would I want to do the blacksite before mag'n'plate?

So that none may call you busta

What are you, a casual?
I bet you didn't even kill the alien rulers with ballistics and kevlar

youtube.com/watch?v=QytPPdgUOWs

beagle.mp4

Doesn't that mission scale? If you do it earlier enemies will probably be easier too