Is the new Yaris decent?

Is the new Yaris decent?

I was looking at the 4 door SE manual model at the dealership and really liked the small, sleek hatch design.

It's slow as shit

LS swap is demanded

Why a Yaris when you can get an Aygo?

Do you need the extra space?

I'm really just looking for a newer model hatchback gas saver. Not too worried about going fast at the moment. I just need something that will be cheap on gas & insurance, relatively small but still with decent headroom, and can comfortably fit two carseats in the back.

Aren't those only available in Europe? Forgot to mention I'm in the USA.

Ideally I'd like a 4 door model because I'm having twins soon and need to be able to comfortably fit two carseats in the back. Would be kind of a pain to install them in a 2 door.

I would also check out the Focus, Cruze hatch, Corolla IM, etc. they're a little bigger but more practical and "safe"

I'll keep that in mind. The Corolla IM looks pretty sweet. Thank you for the suggestions.

why the fuck do you want a slow as shit, ugly as shit, stupid as shit fagride?

>hurr durr gotta have 4 doors

fucking retard go to /adv/ this board is for car enthusiasts

Why do you want a shitty new econobox? Just buy an ep3 for 4-5k.

Is it really shitty though?

And not necessarily new, but new"er"

I just want something that's low mileage. I finally have enough money to afford it and I want to own something nice and recent for a change.

>yaris
>nice
Pick one. Why are you falling for the mileage meme? Post your local Craigslist. How much can you spend? Cash or financing? How much down? Do you even know your credit score? What do you drive now?

The Honda Fit is a better car in every way at a similar price.

It's a matter of taste I suppose. I think they're pretty nice. Very sleek IMHO.

>Why are you falling for the mileage meme?
What's the "mileage meme"? What's wrong with wanting a car that has little to no wear n' tear?

>How much can you spend? Cash or financing?
My budget is around $20k, but I'd like to be a little under if at all possible.

>How much down? Do you even know your credit score?
$9k, and yes my credit score is good.

Nigga if you want a newish hatchback just get a turbo Sonic

Forgot to mention, currently driving a 2002 Ford Taurus. It was my first car and it's kind of a piece of crap. I've put lots of money into keeping it running despite the fact that I am very punctual with maintenance.

why the fuck are you driving a 15 yr old taurus if you have 9 grand to throw at a stealership

Sure the outside might look "nice" but interior is all garbage hard plastic. It's not sporty so why does it try to look so angry and aggressive?

Mileage doesn't matter if the vehicle was maintained properly. You can get lots of interesting cars for 9k cash. 20k could get you the nicest LS430 there is. Post your local Craigslist.

I just graduated college debt-free and got a decent job. I didn't have the money prior to this.

Same reason I drive a 15 year old civic and am going to put 10k down on my next car.

What's wrong with plastic? Seems practical, light, and easy to clean.

>It's not sporty so why does it try to look so angry and aggressive?

That seems pretty superficial and opinionated. I like the way it looks.

>Mileage doesn't matter if the vehicle was maintained properly.

Is it really though? Properly maintained, will a new car last the same amount of time as a 10 year old car with over 100k miles? I feel like the newer car would last longer, given regular upkeep.

>buy car for 4k
>put 2-4 grand into it fixing things here or there for 5 years
>spent 6-8k total
Or
>put a few grand down
>pay 10k more over 5 years
>nothing breaks
>spent 15k plus higher insurance and property tax

>put 2-4 grand into it fixing things here or there for 5 years

That's best case scenario though, right? I'd still rather be the first owner to a nicer car.

Buy old yaris. I love mine.

GET A MAZDA3 HATCH
why has no one mentioned this? It's your best choice by far

this

mazda 3 is GOAT modern econobox

No. 2k is closer to average 4k is worst case.

>all these poorfags mad because OP wants to buy a new car

if you have the money do it

I'm not mad. It's smarter to buy cheap good used cars instead of tying up more money on a new car that's no better.