/hbg/ - Homebrew and hacking general

Last Thread: /hbg/ Wiki: homebrew-general.wikia.com

-SAFE FIRMWARES-
3DS: 9.2 (Downgrade: 10.7 - Entrypoints: smealum.github.io/3ds)
Wii U: 5.5.1
Vita: 3.60
PS4: 4.01 (Kernel)
PS3: 3.55

-GUIDES-
3DS: pastebin.com/TQwDsWh9 (embed)
Downgrade + a9lh: 3ds.guide/
Wii U: pastebin.com/8u0WAyJC (embed)
Vita: pastebin.com/v3caHHnp (embed)
Games: docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Bt-Yf8V591ENHraRwD8fUQhuzH-a2_mRi0UWSV4NvD0

-RECENT NEWS-
>3DS
-Nintendo is currently removing from the eShop the DSiWare games you need to buy in order to downgrade from 11.2 using the hacked system transfer method. 3ds.guide/dsiware-downgrade
-A new exploit to downgrade from 11.1 is anticipated. If you still haven't got a cfw, DON'T UPDATE: you can use httpwn to play online and access the eShop.
-Users were banned for going online early with Pokemon Sun/Moon. Unbanning is possible. gbatemp.net/threads/450388 gbatemp.net/threads/449251

>Wii U
-A new method to get regionfree has been released. gbatemp.net/threads/448468
-New DNS that block updates have been released. gbatemp.net/threads/451486 & gbatemp.net/threads/436346

>Vita
-PSN spoofing is broken on the Vita for both Henkaku and TaiHenkaku currently.
-Adrenaline released. gist.githubusercontent.com/TheOfficialFloW/0ed4e09e2d447e631416cb84d7c43107/raw/readme.txt
-taiHENkaku released along with source. tai.henkaku.xyz/
-Some .vpk files can brick your Vita. Be careful. wololo.net/2016/10/04/warning-ps-vita-brickers-in-the-wild/
-Update 3.61 patches HENkaku.

>PS4
-4.06 patches the 4.01 jailbreak, DO NOT UPDATE.

>PS3
-It's possible to run games on OFW 4.70 without ODE and IDPS. gbatemp.net/threads/447577

>Wii
The Homebrew Channel has been open sourced.

Other urls found in this thread:

3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html#/microsd-no_sd_card
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models#PS3_Slim_.282000_series.29
amazon.de/Multi-Media-Ko-3ds-SLOT-1-Console/dp/B01DWA491U
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

ok, unbanned myself
is there anything I need to be careful about?
should I not use my old save file?

Is there a way to upgrade from >cakes to Luma without removing my SD card? I'm on a9lh, if that makes any difference.

>getting banned in the first place
you have to be incredibly retarded to get banned from anything nintnedo

Reminder that DS rom loading from SD is not worth waiting for.

What is the point to this if you can't get custom firmware because you are 11.0?

>(embded)
fuck

If you're on a9lh, see if you can ftp arm9loaderhax.bin from Luma into your 3ds using FTPD

You can wait for slowhax to come.

In the meantime, enjoy *KICKASS* homebrew

in a few days you can get a custom firmware on 11.0 and 11.1.
also hans. wich allows you to run mods on games and launch region free carts.

Yeah I know, reposting from last thread.

Which R4/Flashcart should I get?

Running Luma+A9LH

>In the meantime, enjoy *KICKASS* homebrew
How?

Can someone explain why I've been seeing this anime girl posted in several boards?

Can I use my original R4 card to play ds games on my cfw 3ds?

retroarch, themes,

Just about any card will work. But like I said, an R4i Gold used to be the standard. Though I've never owned one so I can't personally vouch for its quality.

Yes.

Anyone else get slowdown in the Vita live area after leaving it on/sleeping for awhile? I always have to reboot to fix it

Anyone know if there's a fully undubbed version of God Eater Resurrection for the vita?

I want to download and play it but I dont want to deal with the shitty dub.

>not taking advantage of the gba emulator

You're missing out cuz.
GBA library is amazing

The 3DS homebrew GBA emulator suks.

In this case, it's just the avatar of a 3ds cfw dev.

Not with dynarec :^)

>make sure to just chill in the home menu for a while after getting out f homebrew loader. I've had a lot of crashes clicking icons too fast
To this user who helped me out in the other thread.
I got into the eshop!!!!

Whoever you are bro, thanks for staying up late at night to help me.
You are a patient person, thoughtful and helpful. I hope people irl can see this.

I'm pumped right now :)

Thanks again user!!! I owe you big time!

cute!!

I homebrewed my 3DS, and I'm on the latest version of Luma, but I think I did something wrong, because I can't play normal DS games for some reason. I think I remember someone saying something about updating my arm9loaderhax.bin file? Is this safe to just replace?

Might grab a DSTWO+ since my fright has/had an older DSTWO and he said it was aight.

I can install 3DS .cias so I don't need 3DS ROM support.

I just need/want NDS roms.

I think that's a bad idea. The DSTwo+ and DSTwo differ only in 3DS ROM support, so the DSTwo+ is a waste of money.
And the only thing the DSTwo offers above other flashcards is the built-in CPU for GBA and SNES emulation, which can be done better by your homebrew 3DS and also drains the battery. So that's a waste of money and battery life.

you can already play nes snes and gba with cias with your cfw you're still spending alot more money just so the flashcard can drain your battery you can just get any cheap $10,if you have cfw a dstwo is obsolete

Yeah looking into that I didn't know what the difference was.

I just want NDS, so yeah. Fuck it looking for a r4i gold now.

3ds-flashcard.com/home/8-r4i-sdhc-3ds-rts-2013.html#/microsd-no_sd_card

That shit seem like a good buy?

Homebrew newfag here, one quick question
Just updated my dusty old super slim PS3 to it's newest firmware update.
Can it still be modded or downgraded?
Yes/No

Ah the new3ds right.

yeah

How can I dump virtual console games? I have a copy of Metroid Prime Hunters on my Wii U which is the latest release in my region. If I dump it I'm hoping I can get higher compatability with DS injects, anyone interested in helping here?

No.

Replacing is fine, but if you're on latest luma that won't do anything anyway.

PS4 piracy never ever

also in the same boat as any legit homebrew worth getting?

Sorry user but ps3 super slims cannot bet downgraded.
Here is a list of downgradeable consoles
psdevwiki.com/ps3/SKU_Models#PS3_Slim_.282000_series.29
You want a downgradeable slim because of heat issues with fat consoles.

So I am following the 3ds.guide from the OP and I am stuck on the first step.

It tells me to go to 'x' links to install decyrpt9, but every link gives me an error and boots me from the browser.
I have wiped the 'save data' but it still keeps happening.

How do I fix this?

Wait your telling me that the homebrew gba emulator for the 3ds works good on the old 3ds and that i don't have to inject vc titles.

Is doing 2.1.0 ctrtransfer safe on a new 3DS XL that was downgraded to 9.2. from a system transfer from an o3DS? I could've swore I left off at the Installing arm9loaderhax part but I didn't get sent to the ctrtransfer page earlier.

ctrnand transer is no longer necessary for n3ds.

retroarch themes doom duke nukem
no it's more shit on o3ds always use gba injects whenever you can

Because the guide has removed the old OTPless method from it for causing bricks

2.1.0 is longer, but safer. Just don't enter sleep mode AT ALL with your n3ds. Just do what's needed as fast as possible and get out of there.

I think we got we replace that doom.wad with the non-trial one. Beyond that who knows. I can't get the ctr-httpwn working. Downloading GBA roms.

post contents of sd

the guide now tells you to do it even for n3ds because apparently it was causing bricks

Ah that's ok i got a9lh so its really no issue also vita with henkaku so even less of a problem.

>themes
I don't think they work right for 11.0 without custom firmware.

It's a brand new SD, I formatted it and tested it to make sure it works.

There are only 2 folders.
'files9' which it told to make and 'Nintendo 3DS' which it make automatically.

Anything to look forward to either releasing on 3DS or happening in the scene? Or are we at the end now?

you skipped a step, try again
99% of problems people ask about here are because they skipped shit

>I'm on a9lh
How the fuck could you get to a9lh and still be using cakes?

Which step?
The 'files9' folder has the 2 .dat files inside it, if that is what you mean.

then you didn't skip the step, you did the step wrong

again, start from the beginning of that section and read properly

When dump and decrypting a cart via Decrypt9WIP, where does the resulting cia go? I just spent half an hour dumping my sun cart to patch it and now I can't find it anywhere

Finally done converting my o3ds from redNAND to A9LH

I remember back when it was first discovered. Holy shit the amount of shitposting was gigantic.

But now its all over. I have my hacked system and my free games.

It's been an adventure boys.

unban emunand possible?

files9 folder iirc.

Okay that's what I thought, I found it now
Named CTR-P-BNDA with a 4.29 GB file size and last modified 3/1/2016 hence why I couldn't find it, nothing seemed to obviously indicate what it was

any hints as to whats gonna be announced for wii u at the convention?

will there be piracy

Someone really needs to update the Wii U Pastebin. Haxchi changes things a lot.

... There already is piracy user, tons and tons of it.

Fucking hell, keep getting stuck at every step of this
Is there a windows 32 bit version of CTR tool? Also, Decrypt9 dumped a .3DS instead of .cia, is that normal or wtf do I do?

So rebooting/powering off is fine as long as I don't go to sleep?

Yes. Though you shouldn't need to do that I don't think anyway. The 2.1.0 section takes about 5m max.

I'm going to be sound dumb but
>played Pokemon two days early
>never got ban
>download Mario maker just now
>tried using online features
>banned just now

I've unlink my nnid far in advance seems like I can still use it on my wiiu so my nnid is fine? I had it link before the whole downgrade and emunand setup and unlink after since then.

I do have a second 3ds which I am hoping I can use for my n3ds.

I got sun from the freething. Why does jk's save thing keep red screen'ing when I select it?

Is there a QR code for Mario Maker's update?

Yeah, I just did the last step and rebooted. I just didn't know if this carried over into installing arm9. Thanks m8

>trying to play a game before it comes out online
>TWICE

It was just released

It's the 2nd right now

i wanna buy a flaskcard for my 3ds since i basically missed the entire ds library and i already got a9lh + luma on my 3ds.

is this a good card?
amazon.de/Multi-Media-Ko-3ds-SLOT-1-Console/dp/B01DWA491U

will i need ntr or twl launcher or can i just boot it from the home menu? eitherway is fine with me as long as it works.

You are so right. I am retarded.

I was putting the 2 .dat files INSIDE the files9 folder.
Thanks, senpai.

Is there any reason to keep using arm9select if I'm upgrading from cakes to Luma?

which update did you use the one from the eshop?

mario maker is released

I updated from the eshop after using freeshop for Mario maker

I'm guessing that's where I screwed up?

What is the point of Menuhax?

dunno, I did the same thing but haven't gone online yet, I didn't play pokemon early though.

actually wait no I used CIAngel I didn't see it in freeshop

I can only help that urban method works since I still play monster hunter and mario kart online with people

it works but you lose your NNID

please help me.

lets you launch homebrew on boot or if you have an emunand still you can use it to go into your emunand

update jksm or refresh your game list

Will there ever be anything other than A9LH and Luma3DS? Or is this the end-game?

as someone who has all the necessary files and dsiware and is patiently waiting for slowhax, does it make sense to install menuhax?

There might be some new features added what are you looking for?

will just let you access homebrew easier and offline so your choice

thx mate

Nah I'm not looking for anything new. Just wondering if later something better comes out and I have to redo everything.

did you by any chance use the US version of mario maker on a EU 3ds and went online?
you get banned for going online from the wrong region if its a nintendo network game. even with region emulation from luma.

I fucking knew I made the right choice downloading the EU version of Monster Hunter Generations instead of the US one since I have a EU 3DS.

if you never had it linked yeah you can, you are probably going to lose your friends list though

I doubt it

doesnt matter for monster hunter.
youll only get banned for using the wrong region on nintendo network games.

On a scale of 1/10, how easy is it to hack a WiiU to play NES-WiiU + DS games?

Thinking of grabbing a cheap used one.

So if I download a game from 3DSISOs like, say, SMTIV, can I still get and free DLC for it through the DLC menu, or will I be banned?

Oh, I had no idea. I just assumed that applied to all games that have multiplayer.

have to install the dlc separately

Is nintendo really banning over mario maker