/brg/ Battlerite general

FREE weekend edition

>What is Battlerite?
Battlerite is spiritual successor of BLC - a PvP skillshot-based team arena game, similar to WoW Arena. It is made as the successor to Bloodline Champions, and is currently in Early Access. Release date slated at early 2017.

>INFORMATION
Store Page: store.steampowered.com/app/504370

Official News: steamcommunity.com/games/504370/announcements/
Official Wiki: battlerite.gamepedia.com/Battlerite_Wiki

Statistics: masterbattlerite.com/

Previous thread

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfiXi3cEPLU
youtube.com/watch?v=-93pRADbnoE
youtube.com/watch?v=l50qDhvjRyY
steamcharts.com/app/504370
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

yes, ping is still higher than usual for some reason

you faggots gonna bump this thread or what

>matchmaking is fine! it's not the reason of dropping playercount!

dead game

>12 days till big patch
will we survive /brg/ros?
Any hope left?

No. They refuse to fix the matchmaking. This game is done for.

don't die on me you piece of shit

Dead game. It serves them well for nor porting 1:1 Seeker. Fuck them. I hope they go ghost town in a few months.

Matchmaking is the last problem.
These are real problems:

youtube.com/watch?v=xfiXi3cEPLU

youtube.com/watch?v=-93pRADbnoE

youtube.com/watch?v=l50qDhvjRyY

He makes a few valid points but Matchmaking IS and WILL BE the cause of the player exodus. No one likes to lose. Bad matchmaking causes you to lose. I prefer DotA's forced 50% than this shit where you can only lose because you are grade 10 and always get paired vs rank 13.

Even with free weekend, the game is pretty much comatose.

>WAAH, I GET REKT BECAUSE OF MM

Then why am i rank 14 with 65% win? The MM system is the same for everyone. Inb4 "luck". Luck over 2000 games? Haha, keep telling that to yourself if it makes you feel better, you low grade 10 scrub.

Wow people still posting in these threads? I thought game died 1 month ago.

>giving a shit about mm when SLS is confirmed to be a hugbox dev

>losing privilege to shit on devs 24/7

Did you expect something else from swedes?

>here guys, have a community avatar for your efforts we dont need you anymore
This has got to be one of the most disrespectful things I have ever seen. Havent these guys basically helped them ever since the game entered alpha stages?

Are these guys for real?

>It's a f-feature!

It's not the first time it's been done. Some people look at the hard numbers provided, and that colors their perception of the patch overall. By keeping it vague, the idea is to get into the game and see for yourself what has changed so that you can more organically process the differences.

As mentioned in the past, the Discord testers are tantamount to abusive husbands: they beat and abuse the devs because they love the game and want it to succeed. SLS decided to break off the relationship and start fresh.

>It's not the first time it's been done. Some people look at the hard numbers provided, and that colors their perception of the patch overall. By keeping it vague, the idea is to get into the game and see for yourself what has changed so that you can more organically process the differences.
That would only work if game didn't have any numbers in it at all.
Completely stupid on their part.

>the Discord testers are tantamount to abusive husbands: they beat and abuse the devs because they love the game and want it to succeed. SLS decided to break off the relationship and start fresh.
Could have done that without insulting the people who invested loads of time to help you FOR FREE

Hi SLS. Fix the fucking matchmaking please

i have a strong feeling that this reaction has something to do with their nationality.

DED

arise from ashes

i hate stunlock more and more every time they do something new. this is one of THE shittiest ways to treat your community. who gives a FUCK about expectations? people are gonna list the exact changes anyway and THEN they're gonna make their expectations/reactions. all this does is add an extra step for some players to find the changes themselves and them document them. nothing is different.

again there's seriously no fix for this. there's not enough players in each server-region to keep the matches balanced skill-wise, especially when they're spread across unranked 2v2 + 3v3 and ranked 2v2 + 3v3. even NOW at 9k current players, that's still 9k (unevenly) split across 15 servers, with 4 seperate queues EACH. it's just not possible by any means.

Hi daniel

>nothing is different.
It is, though. The casuals will just read stuff and actually think that it got changed. They probably wont even realize that RKs SB had its cooldown increased by only 1 second. The committed player find out about this shit because they need the numbers to assess situations, 95% of the community doesnt. Its a shit move but make sense when all you want to do is fool people, which is clearly what SLS is going for with Battlerite.

the feeling of poloma

boring repost zZzzZzzzZZZzz

Boring reply xXxxXxxxXXXxx

Cute poster

>Trying to be intimidating when your feet don't touch the floor

I want to fuck Pearl.

the samefagg-o-meter is going off the scale

But that was my first post in this thread user, don't you have IP counts enabled?

twitch
.tv/
joltzie

get in here fags, 3v3 Battlerekt

Is Varesh actually good?
Every time I try him I end up playing like shit.

he's honestly very average and relies on landing his tiny AoE as much as possible

Varesh is one of the weaker ranged characters, if only because he's terribly immobile in comparison.

>space on varesh and wait for counter
>fuck his armor pussy
heh, too easy

pssh nothing personnel, kid

t. g9

3v3 tourneys are so much more fun than 2v2 goddamn.

yeah, it's also more fun to play 3v3 than 2v2, not only watch

DELETE 2V2

>inb4 SLS starts promoting a new 1v1 mode.

>pick any hero with a counter
>stomp because people don't know not to attack even when I do it the same way every time

having so many different queues is killing the game, and clearly 2s vs 3s mentality is ruining the balance

Varesh is fun to play as long as you're playing against g9-g10 shitters because you can truly shred them apart the amount of damage he does when left un checked is insane. Then when you get people who know at all what the fuck they are doing and get Bakko'ed it's not fun anymore

seems like a you have a severe cause of gitgud if you think that Bakko is a counter to varesh

>Bakko
>Better than varesh after the last patch castrated him

What are even the SLS arguments for promoting 2v2 over 3v3?

2v2 queue is dying
3v3 queue is dead

they are not promoting anything, that's the thing. And since they said, that you can Q both for 2v2 and 3v3 in next patch, they will keep both of the mode in ranked
fucking retards i swear

they thought 3v3 was too hard for leaguebabies and want this game to be babyzone

they've said repeatedly that they intended this game to be 2v2 focused, they've only started to be silent and wishy-washy after they got massive backlash from people telling them they were retarded for trying to focus on 2v2

>3v3 is off by default
>they are not promoting anything

I mean, that clearly shows something.

it was more popular in BLC, and it's easier to find 1 friend to play with than it is to find 2 friends (or, easier to match 4 people instead of 6)

the issue is it was more popular in BLC BECAUSE it was easier to find 1 friend instead of 2, and the only reason it was easier to find 1 friend instead of 2 is because the game had such a low playerbase

I made the switch to 3v3 and this is way more fun

t. retard who never played blc
the automated ingame 2v2 tournaments were more popular than the 3v3 ones late in the game's lifespan

blc was only ever balanced around 3v3 even when it was dying, and 2v2 players + their balance complaints were completely ignored at all times, you couldn't even queue for 2v2 ranked as a solo player and when the population started to drop 2v2 ranked was removed entirely

i bought this game and i keep forgetting it exists. i hope this free weekend brings in more people to play with.

>automated ingame 2v2 tournaments were more popular

yeah that's what i said
everything else about my post you're just assuming i meant to make yourself feel better about being "right"

The numbers have been surging back, they haven't been this high since EA's release.

The problem is that they'll probably sink back down to 2k once this is over

you said 2v2 was more popular which is completely false

the automated tournaments were not even particularly popular until the game was nearly dead and it was the only way people could get decent games, the vast majority of people who only had 1 friend would just duoqueue 3v3 ranked

and with all the f2ps (and EA fuckers STILL) complaining about matchmaking, they're not going to come back until SLS makes a "WE FIXED MATCHMAKING.. AGAIN" post. then they're gonna play, see that they still get shitty teammates and still lose, and then quit

I don't understand why people like that are even playing multiplayer games. If you can't handle losing and needing to improve your play why would you pick a competitive multiplayer game to play?

can you fucking stop with that shit already goddamnit

The match making points system is FUNDAMENTALLY FUCKED. You win a close, tight intense game and WIN NO POINTS. It ruins your high.

>tfw you've been autistically keeping track of about 30 new players you've come across in Standard
>tfw you keep checking their account to see if they keep playing
>tfw only one of them even broke 30 games

A win is a win. 3-2 has no business giving less than 3-0 if the team's are equally balanced.

You're probably used to systems that meaninglessly inflate your rating. If you can't take satisfaction in your play just stop playing multiplayer games, there are tons of single player games that will spout out meaningless increasing numbers at you.

tell me what's wrong with it

>i can't enjoy a video game unless numbers tell me i'm good
>even when i win

I told you before several times
seems like you just have no ability to change your point of view even if everyone throw arguments in your fucking face

>Longer match time spent total
>higher scores on everyone total
>fewer points given
why tho
just make points scale off your participation score or something

>shitting on people 2-0
>purposely lose a round in order to gain more mmr

>play for a few hours
>get +30 mmr
>get low grade shitter who quits after first round
>-22

So you have close to a 50% winrate in-grade and expect to move up fast?

Naw you don't need get more for longer matches. Just the same. A win's a win. 3-2 has no business giving less than 3-0 if the teams are equally balanced.

>play for a few hours
>realize my enjoyment of the game comes from self-improvement and actual gameplay over an arbitrary number that serves as nothing more than side-quest and is getting reset anyway

bro you're on an anonymous message board
i have no fucking clue who you are or what you've said

>implying arguments should change my point of view just because they're arguments
>not if they're valid

>completely ignoring my post and pulling conclusions out of his ass
kys
how can i enjoy the game, if system won't let me climb the ladder to play against better people?
i have a dude, who literally plays 50 games every day. Yeah, he actually climbed from 3500 to 4300 mmr.
I don't have this stamina and dedication. And i don't even enjoy 2v2 at all.

glhf

>Daniel getting shit in Battlerekts chat
Almost as funny as his videos

honestly there's literally no reason to play ranked currently because the gain/loss on points is totally fucking ridiculous and doesn't make any sense

Oh it's you again, fuck off dude, don't you get tired of complaining about being bad? You make these posts almost every day. If you spent any of this effort on actually improving your play maybe you would have less to complain about.

>everyone is complaining about MM
>including every high grade player and streamer
>one faggot on bull's drinking cum board says they are wrong
blows my mind

>telling 8% of the thread to fuck off

you can get that up to 30% since i'm the one creating the thread and bumping it

if you create a thread you can't bump it

now i can see why it's not working well

I don't hate the game.
Debate me.

I do not hate the game
i hate the devs for their inability to make decisions