/hg/ 本田

Honda General
>low miles edition

Toyota Sister Thread
Honda Chassis Codes
superstreetonline.com/how-to/chassis-suspension/1312-honda-chassis-code-checklist/

Vids:

>Stickydiljoe vlog
youtube.com/watch?v=7IOdbxyK6a8

>Aftermarket Integra exhaust
youtube.com/watch?v=ezgpqfeZIa8

>GTR BTFO BY CIVIC
youtu.be/y-IEpoD32Ho

>Slow Civic
youtube.com/watch?v=XQSeZw9ToHs

Bump the thread if you see this at page 10.

Last thread:

Other urls found in this thread:

hybrid-racing.com/blog/the-ultimate-k-swap-guide/
youtube.com/watch?v=s01wHshX2Ek
youtube.com/watch?v=1sogy3whI88
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>How do I join the collage?

Ayy right on time.

I'm heavily considering ordering the matte black Yonaka catback for my car and selling the Magnaflow to some ricer. It just needs too much effort to get working properly. Would have to get the resonator cut out and replaced because it rattles on bumps and the LCA banging into it is annoying as fuck. Vibrates on it if I have a passenger.

How much for the new set?

$279 with free shipping. I think the user with the white Si hatch got it too? The chrome one is $249 but I'm gonna keep going with the black and red look. I planned on painting my header black anyway.

I just got done putting my GSR for sale on CList. I don't like this Feel

What other cars do you have?

Frs, Tacoma, sienna

This is my first time in /hg/ so be gentle

Has anyone here ever done a drivetrain swap on one of these things? I'm thinking junkyard k24 from an accord, I want to do a budget build and need some pointers

>k24
>from an accord
>budget build
>7th gen civic
>be gentle

nigga, pick one

but seriously, look here: hybrid-racing.com/blog/the-ultimate-k-swap-guide/

you know when people talk about civics being fun, reliable well-engineered cars?
they aren't talking about the seventh gen.

What are Veeky Forumss thought on the 2016+ tlx? I4 or v6? Mostly city driving and once in a blue moon road trip.

I know the '15s have bad transmission.

Ordered the Yonaka exhaust. I'll have my header cleaned up and painted black before it gets here hopefully.

I found Si hatch user's video of what it sounds like. Sounds just right. Thanks for the video m8.

youtube.com/watch?v=s01wHshX2Ek

I should have specified how much I was willing to spend but after this I might change my mind. Thanks for the input fellas

Yeah, with the FRS it doesn't make much sense to keep the Teggy. Plz don't sell it to some beaner fucktard who will ruin it. :(

My family has had 3 7th gens (all manual) and they've been reliable as hell. One is at 300k but has recently developed a head gasket leak. One is at 170k and was flooded about a year ago, we cleaned it out and its still chugging along. The last one was totaled at 160k and it drove like new.

I wish I could get skunk 2 shocks in Australia.

There is hardley any info about shocks anymore because everyone just goes adjustable coilovers.

>not even an EP3
I'd just make that a comfy dd desu

I'd just slam it on some nice two piece wheels and make it a cool cruiser.

Just get a manual TL SHAWD
I hear the I4 has a better trans when it comes to the TLX

Is that b2?

Yeah. I looked through my like history to find it. lel

Koni shocks are good too

They are expensive as hell.

Like 1k AUD for a set of yellows.

i never learned stick

gta didnt teach me how to drive stick, watched multiple vids on yt, but i wouldn't have my first stick to be a tlx.

It's easier in newer cars than older ones and you'd have to be truly awful to damage anything while learning.

>push clutch in
>put in first gear
>very slowly release clutch pedal until you feel the car moving
>give the car very light acceleration
>as you slowly give the car more gas release the clutch the rest of the way

Why do I like hondas so much even though I am not asian?

Asians like them because they come from 3rd world countries were people can only afford 50cc motorbikes.

They know hondas are the best and most reliable ones to have..

Then when they move to the first world they think the same logic applies to cars.

But why do white people like them so much?

Why do white people like hondas?
How do engines work?
Why is the sky blue?
If a tree farts in the forest and no one is around to smell it, does it even make a noise?

These, user, are the great unanswered questions of our time. Unfortunately, many have searched far and wide, but they remain unsolved mysteries maybe never 2 be discovered.

I made a lot of friends thanks to my Honda. Shit is magical.

Also Puerto Ricans fucking love Hondas in the New Orleans area. Probably more than whites.

I work in 3PL management and one of our customers is a major US tortilla supplier so I sometimes make visits to one of their regional plants. A lot of hispanics work there and I ALWAYS get approached about my car - they always love the exhaust lol

Every time a hispanic checks out my car it's usually because someone they knew owned it before. kek

Looking through the official Import Face Off pics. Sooo many Hondas. Somebody riced out a tenth gen coupe with red badges and all but it was auto.

Which Fit?

Yeha, the bub bubs on the one on the right I think

Flip brother here . Sold my ebike yesterday. Time to make pepe great again

This was my first "vehicle " lel. It served me well

did you trade it for an EG pare?

Nope . Sold it for cash

Where and how much?
Ive always wanted one.

>Implying he cant get housing and parts from buying a 300-800$ dead rsx.

Only the transmission isnt that reliable. Everything else is solid unless you bought it from a guy who put a weird tune on it like i did.
Still less maintenance than 6th and 8th gens at the same mileage.

Yes

Last generation looks cleaner

>tfw waiting for the fucking 5zigen catback for my ek4 to get homologated by my local honda garage
getting all the right certificates for tuning parts in yurop is torture

N15 DOWN OH GOD N15 DOWN

>tfw park next to shitbox turbo mr2
>Bumpers missing now.
>See wat and pantsu slap on it
Goddamn it wake tech.

What are the plans for Pepe?

So do you want me to make it RIP in peace in the collage?

You think it's a Veeky Forums friendo?

nah its fixed, was starter

Looking to buy the civic hatch 4-6th gen, which gen would you guys recommend?

6th has more parts available and lesser chance of rust. You can't go wrong with a 4th or 5th gen civic that's in good condition.

If you wanna be cool, refer to them as EF/EG/EK.
5th gen hatch is a favorite for a lot of people. I personally prefer 6th gen civics. 4th gen is cool too, but are getting old and will require more maintenance

>105 gay street

kek

So the cheapest to own would be the EK?
And about the rust, someone in my family had the 6th gen civic coupe and it rusted really fast

I've got a 2010 civic coupe and I'm a total fucking scrub when it comes to cars. Need to learn. Any advice on what I can do past changing oil to learn more about my car and possibly upgrade it in the future?

pretty sure its an FG1

most all 80/90s jap cars can rust. Especially the older you go

Cabin air filter and engine air filter is an easy addition to working on cars.
Join the collage btw

Here's that get I promised. On an empty straight. Lel

who knows. there is also that rsx ricer that goes to this board at my college. hes not in the collage.

Checked

Tint windshield , fix rear power windows and get sticker made for rear window advertising the laundry shop .

Got babbys first torque wrench today from Harbor Freight. Found out I put my lug nuts on way tighter than they should be.

It's fucking dead at work.

I bet /osg/ can hook you up with that. One of the sites does custom jobs.

>Driving new prelude for a basic inspection so I can get my license plate
>Have had it for a week and it's my first manual car
>Light changes to green when I wasn't looking so I give it a bit too much gas and chirp my tires on the start
>Civic with a bunch of low 20s white dudes in the oncoming lane
>Driver yells "VTEC YO" as we pass each other

Gave me a good chuckle.
I've driven a 1999 volvo wagon for the last 8 years, which is pretty much invisible to other people, so it's been interesting actually getting attention at all.

Lol he probably thought you were a ricer

Whats your opinion if someone was to swap oem headlights on a civic to popup lights

That would be cool as hell. I doubt you'll do it though

This is happening next Sunday. Hell yeah.

Also the Yonaka exhaust should be here next Tuesday. Probably have the header painted before then.

i need another torque wrench. might buy one when getting pads to replace this thanksgiving. i might change the gasket on the em2. or just clean everything because.

The Harbor Freight one is pretty nice but it's the first one I've used. Got the 5-80 ft/lb one and tested it on all my lug nuts at 80. No problems. Thought about getting one from Amazon but if this HF one ever breaks I can get a free one after a quick ten minute drive. Would be a few days with Amazon if it even has a warranty.

ruh roh yonaka?

Yep I concluded that fixing the Magnaflow setup isn't worth the trouble though I may keep just the exhaust pipe itself and swap it out if I feel like it. The price is just right for me. I ordered the black version.

Also I highly doubt this pipe was even for the hatch. There's pretty much no bend to get around the lower control arm like in the pic I posted at the start of the thread. I'll have that pipe cut out and get a new pipe welded in to match the Yonaka's length then I can swap them easily depending on how much noise I wanna make.

mite b cool

Once I get stickers on it next week I'll post for the collage. Now I need to sell the V70 in the background.

Most likely. The paint is a little flashier than I would choose so that doesn't help.

sounds dope, are your pipes loud now? I switch to a magnaflow because the drone on the 2.5 yonaka was pretty bad, maybe it was just my motor though

Very very loud. The resonator hollowed out and rattles when I hit bumps.

youtube.com/watch?v=1sogy3whI88

Head gasket replacement?

Is the magnaflow on the right in that pic?

nothin like revving out the gears on the on ramp kek. sounds good man

More pics of that clean lude plz

can someone tell me why the 2017 honda accord are still using god dam halogen bulb?

It's cheaper. If it really bugs you, get an Acura

Yeah my 80ftlb one is too big. It hits fenders if im not careful.
Cheap. Better question why swap auto civic to cvt when cvt is more expensive, looked at as unnecessary, annoys people, is less reliable, and harder to assemble?

Yep. Got exhaust gases getting into the coolant. Also over due for timing belt so gonna do that too.

Yeah it's pretty fun. Long drives can get annoying though. Like the 350mi one I did Sunday. Lel

My knuckles rubbed on the tire when I used it. A short extension would solve that.

The tlx are prone to tranny problem

i've only heard of a lot of problems from the automatic transmission. not so much the manual.

>tfw you will never own this
Dealerships are actually pleasant to get an oil change at. Never done that before

where is this? I ddin't think they were on dealer floors already.

Mile high acura in Denver. This was out back though. Fuck the nsx is a gorgeous car

The new stock rims are such a huge improvement over the mk1 and mk2 OEM wheels. Original gen one and two wheels look like they belong on a mazda 3i.

>>low miles edition
i'm in. old pic though, little over 20k now

I agree. They're gorgeous. The brakes too

>standard lugs

I guess no one is parking this car on teh street overnight anyway.

Well considering this car is parked in a dealership, I wouldn't worry too much.

Muh dick tho

how do you get those lugs off? Doesn't look like there's enough room for a tire iron

It's at an angle, but a very narrow tire iron