Where were you when Veeky Forums was BTFO?

Follow up thread to when Veeky Forums said he couldn't

Who's this, and why do I care?

A guy shilling his own channel.

my ass

B is for Build is a God for that build. I would have set that car on fire after trying to work on it.

alright, i'll be the hater

1) he did a lot of shit/shoddy repairs. that car will forever be unsellable because the front chassis repair is dangerous in case of a crash, that car also wont ever be able to have airbags again. (not like he even meant to put some back anyway)

i don't know how it works in the US but that car with those repairs would never be allowed on the road again here in europe.

2) look at that panel gap in the front. it means even with all those hours of fucking around with the panel gaps he couldnt make it right.

basically what he's got there is a $30k 300HP track toy.

not to mention the biohazard interior that's probably a health hazard. cleaning mold off the visible surfaces doesnt mean it's gone. it's impregnated EVERYWHERE including places where you cant reach without destroying the whole interior.

so yeah, he put that car back together but i wouldnt touch it with a 30 foot pole. and he's now married to it because selling it would be a huge liability

Can some fill me in on this project. No memes please

>start watching playlist
>back is filled with trash
>receipt for burlington coat factory
>totaled at 4k miles
I hope the first owner died in that crash

youtube channel: B is for build. he bought a totaled lotus evora that flipped over and fixed it to new. for under the price of a v6 toyota camry

Does that thing even drive straight?

in the next episode: alignment shop tells him it's impossible to get the car back to factory specs.

he then gets denied a rebuilt title because the car is shoddy as fuck

he decides to turn the lotus into a boat and fills it with expanding foam. the car then sinks immediately

would watch

>ill buy something that totaled and fix it myself
>itll be just like new and cheaper!

Apparently you and this guy (you are probably this guy, anyway) don't have any idea what "totaled" means. A car is considered "totaled" when it has been damaged to such an extent that the cost to repair it is higher than the cost to replace it.

>buy a totaled wreck
>return it working, road-legal, like new condition for more than replacing with an equivalent make/model/year/mileage vehicle
>perform a bunch of half-ass work to get the car running and claim its "just like new" despite a ton of glaring issues and make the vehicle either unsellable or non-roadworthy and claim you made a deal for yourself
Pick only two, and you have to pick the first one.

>i don't know how it works in the US but that car with those repairs would never be allowed on the road again here in europe
you can get it on the road legally, but if your insurance finds out about the airbags you're boned

I'm very impressed with the job he's done but that steering wheel pissed me off the whole episode.

Also when you try and give someone praise don't start the thread by saying 'Veeky Forums BTFO!!!' you doomed this thread to endless hate the second you made it.

But Veeky Forums does bring up some interesting points
Harsh critics are usually the best critics.

loved the manual BRZ series.

evora just didnt do it for me, even as a lotus fanboy. that car just wont ever be 100% right again.

Should have swapped in an LS that jap engine is scrap even in a shitty engish car

oh just shut up

No can't do, the lotus is actually engineered well, the size and weight of the engine contributes to the overall balance of the car.

Pretty much this. He's not a pro, so if you learned anything about working on cars from him, it's basically the blind leading the blind. It's not the worst job I've seen, but his standard of work isn't that good. I cringed hard when he bought the HF porta-power and tried to straighten it out the door jamb. The steel beam in front was pretty hackish as well. The lack of airbags is disappointing, at some point you just gotta have the authorized people with the right tools and parts fix important things.

That said, I've watched the whole series pretty religiously, so there's some entertainment value. And props to him for actually doing what a million keyboard jockeys never will.

he's actually sponsored by insurance company i thought?
iirc one of the episodes he talks about it in the intro

He'll gets lots of quality DD and fun out of it I'm sure, but like someone else said there's no resale value in that thing. Good for him, it's interesting as hell to watch but by all means it is not a learning tool.

so HE's covered, but any viewer who mimics him is screwed

yeah, because everyone is going to go out and buy crashed Evoras after watching his videos

Uhhhhhh