tfgeneral.com
Discord under Fun Stuff

>Steam Group
steamcommunity.com/groups/titanfallgeneral
>Networks
PC: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/pc/11942/
Xbox One: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/xbox/78/
PS4: titanfall.com/en_us/networks/playstation/63/
Searching 'the fast guys' on console will bring it up in game, for pc you have to join using the link

>News
The first free DLC update, Angel City's Most Wanted, is out, featuring the return of the Angel City map, new Ion Prime and Scorch Prime skins, in-game cosmetics store, and more
forums.titanfall.com/en-us/discussion/7729/angel-citys-most-wanted-the-patch-notes
The TFG team won the CTF tournament, reddit lost
Free multiplayer weekend is coming up this weekend; anyone on the fence about the game should give it a try

>Whats changed in 2?
Cosmetics, class based titans, more pilot abilities, more guns, and a single player campaign.
Bunny hopping was altered so now you need to queue a slide too

Doomed thread:

first for tone isn't as overpowered as you say it is.

Second for EA sabotage

Third for almost GOTY (according to Spike TV)

Is the free multiplayer weekend on the PSN Store as "Titanfall 2 Demo", it's 31.9GB and it says it released Dec 2nd, is that it? I thought the game had a demo already released earlier

It isn't anymore.
I see a ton of scorch, ion and north stars now.

Fourth for cloak and a-wall needing to be removed

respawn give old bhopping please.

Seventh for Ion best titan.

Why the fuck are the patch notes so vague? For example, scorches tempered plating was adjusted but how so?

Also how was tone rebalanced?

>1 hour after supposed free weekend release
>still can't download game
BRAVO
R
A
V
O

source?

My friend told me to use the playstation app to download it remotely while I'm at work, my PS4 is in rest mode, and it just says "Waiting" on the download even though I have nothing else queued. I normally play on PC but I wanna rope him into this.

What's the best kit for Ion?
Is the 5 splitter shot good or is spamming shoulder lazer still the main source of damage?

It's so you can organically find the changes yourself and not have your perceptions colored by hard numbers.

Spike TV's "The Game Awards" was last night. Overwatch won GOTY, although Titanfall 2 at least got nominated for it.

>Does SMR do more damage to Titans?
From the googledoc we have the SMR dealing 115+150 splash damage to titans, and can get criticals.
The EPG does 500+1300, and can get criticals
The Softball deals 0+330 damage, with no criticals.

Now with fire rates, all rounds hitting the SMR will be dealing out 2385 damage a second.
The EPG will only put out 1800 in that time.
The Softball comes in at 660 damage per second on titans.

So if you're landing every shot, the SMR is the way to go for killing titans.

Does anyone know if the EPG has the Arc Grenade effect on titans when you get a hit?

The shield one, as with all of the other titans.

The splitter shot kit is not that bad, since it basically turns your rifle into a shotgun. It's good for when you're trying to pick off pilots without Laser Shot or need to mass damage on an exposed enemy Titan.

your shoulder laser will always be your main source of damage, it's a hit scan attack that, on a critical will take off an entire bar of health on a Titan. It's also independent of your ammo supply so you can still apply pressure from your rifle with it.

I go with the trip mines kit, or the shield amp.

>Only reason Overwatch won because it was the most "diverse" game

I thought Legion takes the double Power Shot kit.

Would Scorch Prime have larger fuel tanks, or smaller ones?

>Still can't get on the store

Scorch Prime's tanks would be about the same, I think.

>free weekend coming up
>already started
please try when doing the op

Is holopilot worth a damn? Also is EPG more patrician tier now? I don't want to use fuckibg hitscan guns.

I just want to go full tribes!!

hitscan is and always will be the best fagger

Eh, Overwatch is fun, it's just a different game.

Honestly if I have a group of friends just kind of doing shit on Discord OW is the go-to game, then after a few rounds of that the ones that want a more serious sort of FPS jump over with me.

>Is holopilot worth a damn?
It can be surprisingly helpful.

Toss out a holopilot into a place where you know (or think) people are at, and pick them off while they shoot at your double.

If you're on the run, you can break line of sight, send out a double, and go in a different direction and get a kill while their back is turned.

Post em

We have better mechs tho

Does Overwatch really even have a story though?
Thats always something that deters me from games. Biggest issue I had with TF1.

>trying to get executions
>looking for slow guys
>see a grapple pilot sitting in the open
>go to execute him
>as I start the execution an enemy titan drops and the bubble shield covers both of us
>still get the kill, but die in the process
>it was after the round end

how mad would you be if you were killed by a animation as you were waling the last 2 meters towards your titan?

I reckon he was pretty salty.

also sorry, I didn't mean to reply, I just use your post # to bring up the QR field and forgot to delete the number. Whoops.

I mean the characters have a bit of back story and character but it's just a multiplayer shooter in the end.

I mean, none of the objectives even really make sense if you think about it as relating to the story (why would a robot want to blow up a robot factory with a giant german man who defended robots).

OW is like 90% just a casual fun thing, I legitimately don't understand the competitive aspect. If you go into it knowing that I've always had a nice time playing the game.

TF2 scratches an entirely different FPS itch.

Is this like Halo Reach

>Pilots vs Pilots
>Try to go fast with Stim/EPG
>Still get fucked by retards with hitscan and pilot turrets

It's like Tribes Ascend all over again.

Yes

>I don't want to use fuckibg hitscan guns.
Then the closest you'll get to that right now without crippling yourself beyond all comprehension is the L-Star.

I had a somewhat similar experience
It was bounty hunt in Boomtown, and I'd grappled over to the side of the large building overlooking the bridge on the first wave. I'd executed a guy who was on top of the building, and then got down to the ground floor to find two guys with Devotions firing out into the smoke.
They both put down their Walls, and I walked up the second after and executed one, then the other.

I've still a long way to go before I get the phase execution...

So any reason as to why I was kicked from the network?

How?

were you slow

By being worse than previous and possibly future entries.

were you in [RDDT]?

>2016
>using ADS

Is that really a one shot to any part of the body at any range?

Overwatch, compared to other games of its ilk, has a shitton of lore and backstory. Interestingly, the game itself is non-canon, as it's just a bunch of "what if?" scenarios. The real story happens in comics and external material. People love the various trailers, both for the production value and the character interactions. To be frank, the lore is part of what makes the game so appealing to people, because it engages them more. Lore provides context, and context makes things more meaningful.

yes

>161647842

>Titanfall 2 didnt win anything
>Rainbow 6 didnt win anything
>overwatch gets best fucking esport
>its been out for 6 months

I keep seeing these, is there no accuracy penalty from noscope in TF2?

esports was a mistake

Yes, bullet is super slow and there's a lot of drop though so it's really hard to use but potentially the best weapon in the game if your aim is godlike.

Yeah. It's a projectile though and this is a webm of a guy getting really fucking lucky because those bullets go all the fuck over if you don't ADS.

I've missed AI grunts standing like 5 feet in front of me before.

But the actual game throws all that context away and in reality the lore is only to further market certain characters and possibly capitalize on multi-media endeavors to take advantage of the fuckhuge amount of money the game spent on marketing alone.

and overwatch has a forced esport scene too

There's MASSIVE accuracy penalty for some of the guns. Try using the krabier or the spitfire or the hemlock and never using ADS.

>Context makes things more meaningful
I agree, which is why I was asking.
I havent played Overwatch but Ive assumed it was closer to a throw a bunch of cool characters together because why not kinda thing.

If you look at the killfeed it's always the same person

Also, there's an aim penalty but not that much, you can still guess shot at this range also I only post the one that actually hit obviously, there's a lot of misses too

i know its lame

You're gonna be aiming from the hip and desperately trying to get close to powerful vehicles that can instakill you in order to "jack" them, effectively

also instakill snipers

is anyone else still being asked for an activation code for the trial?

That's pretty much it. They gave some fun abilities to some really well voiced characters and tacked on a bit of back story for them. Then you go shoot at each other.

Plus Ana is one of the most fun healers I've ever played, they get a lot of credit for that design from me.

Yes, appears to be common problem, there's plenty of people tweeting it to the titanfall twitter but they have yet to say anything

>EA never turned off the code shit for the free trial

They just don't want Respawn to succeed.

Overwatch won GOTY because outside Pokemon GO, whether it's justified or not, no other game this year set the world on fire like Overwatch did. It got massive points not just for being a Blizzard game, but also being Blizzard's first new IP in roughly two decades (the same thing happened with Nintendo and Splatoon).

They can't keep getting away with it.

Has there been anything Blizzard's made that was addictive as fuck? That's the only reason they succeed, their philosophy to game design is around creating virtual Skinner Boxes. They invented Diablo for fuck's sake, the forerunner of the Diablo-clone genre of addicting "mash m1 and get rng loot". They created WoW, pretty much the game everybody thinks of when anybody mentions the MMO genre. People don't even know why they like Overwatch as much as they do, I would reckon. I played Diablo 2 and nothing else from them, and probably for good reason.

This is the only reason youd get kicked

How do i get better at Scorch
especially against Tone

GASKOMMEN. RAUS.

scorch 101:
1. pick inferno shield & extra dash
2. get up close into Tone's ass or face
3. hold inferno shield
4. wait for core
5. blast core

and there you have it, everything is dead
you monster

Be sneaky
Get fire behind her shield
Use the burning finger to get damage to eventually either core or execute the Tone
Use your shield to block missiles if you somehow got caught in mid range, and flank around, if you try to advance with your shield you won't have enough energy to deal damage later.

All your abilities - thermite grenade launcer, gas trap, fire wall, even the flame shield - are about area control. Flank the enemy (or push up on them with support), box them in so they can't escape, and literally burn them down.

Is the free trial working for Xbox? And does anyone know if you can simply copy a digital version onto someone else's console and you don't have to download the game and you can save time?

>No one could get the free trial version for free beacuse EA fucked up
>They just delete the trial offer from origin and don't say anything about it anywhere or inform people they know about this issue
BRAVO EA
R
A
V
O

E
A

>Muh secret club

The fire from the gass canisters goes through the shield, iirc.
Either way, you can also shoot your gas next to and past their shield, meaning if they want to use it, they'll get melted.

Your gas can and thermite launcher have different arcs to them, learn them so you can quickly pop out a gas can and ignite it for quick splash damage without needing to use your firewall.

If anyone is stupid enough to get close to you, Flame Shield their ass. Most titans are at low health when they use their core, if you're right by them, your flame shield can often doom them while the core is either charging or just starting to deal damage before it negates your shield.

Since most people have learned that Scorch is not someone you want to be in melee range of, anyone, especially ronins, running close to you while doomed or near it probably has nuke eject on. Save your dash for when they activate it so you can be out of range.

epg-forced pvp when

Not really, just no RDDT

It's been 2 hours too, which sucks. Been really looking forward to it, the game looks real fun.

>Additional balancing to Tone.

I wanted to know how hard they fucked him to laugh a little, however, respawn patchnotes are great as always...

So... what did you guys notice?

hahaha xD

Upvoted my friend, nice meme

particle wall kit has 200 less hgp
the tracker rockets move a little slower, turn a little slower, making them easier to dodge
40mm fires a little slower, the splash damage is weaker now.

Just make the 40mm Tracking Cannon have a 2 round magazine and there, I just fixed Tone

...huh. So did anyone figure out why people were getting advocate gifts? I missed out on the last 2 days cause FFXV but I logged back on and I got like 8 copies of the buffalo wild wings ion nose art.

We're trying to balance Tone, not assassinate her.

>2 magazine
>3 trackers need for rockets
Nice balance there.

Trial seems to be back up and working

People were not getting advocate gifts they should've been getting from ranking up their factions. This was fixed, retroactively awarding all those gifts you missed.

>2 rounds shot
>1 special ability tracker rocket thing
it is fine

Exactly since it's so easy now

On top of that, make it two shots to kill a pilot, melees are still the fastest way to kill close pilots anyway

Now Tone can't spam instakills on pilots, and actually will have the 3 star difficulty they claim she has, she still has the G to build one level of lock to get a tone, but because it's not spammable you actually have to play more defensively

It's literally perfect

Oh, that makes sense. Thank you.

Why the fuck can't I get on the store?

I can tell if you're b8ing or the most butthurt faggot itt.

Tone's not overpowered, it was a strong kit before the nerf, it's an average kit now, just because it has more general utility than most other kits doesn't mean it needs to be nerfed into the ground.

set the game to windowed mode, restart origin, and try it in window mode, that fixed it for me.

That wouldn't nerf it into the ground tho

>almost noon
>free trial is still dead

I wouldn't call Tone "general utility." She's a one-trick pony compared to most other Titans.

works on my machine