>late night on PCH
>no one else on the road
>top down
>Van Halen playing
>wind roaring in my ears
>storm on the horizon, can smell rain in the wind
>in the morning, I have to go back to being an average joe
>but for that glorious moment, I am master of my own fate

We have plenty of threads on cars, but not that many on driving. Does anyone else feel that driving feel?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=-ypQHUCsYXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I feel a master of my own fate whenever i drive.

Dont know why, its just that whenever i drive i feel full in control of everything around me. Like if i am my own god.

Probably because you're blasting eurobeat

My favorite thing to do on days off is go through these hills nearby and around this manmade lake while blasting Eurobeat. I started doing it way back when I was 18 for the Initial D meme feeling, but over the last four years it's become a habit that never fails to make me empty my mind.

no lol.

I was in a silent drive with my dad (he owns the car) on a new FWD 1.6 shitbox with drum brakes on the rear.

I fucking hate that car and yet whenever i drive even the shittiests of shits i feel better than when i am on my 2 feets.

Kek. Same

>mfw i am 18
Im still living the dream goy albeit in a new place

Enjoy it while it lasts kid

I get excited every time I sit in my car.

Hope the flame will never die out.

These tbqh. My car is my freedom. And I have classic rock and Eurobeat playlists to get in the driving mood.

bumping

>tfw ride up to family property in the California Mountains
>twisty roads galore
>for the fifteen mile ascent, none of my problems back home are real
>No bills
>No girl trouble
>No work
>Just me and the scream of my shitty R3
>Hitting every corner at or near max lean
>Time slows
>Corners feel like they take forever
>Sharp drops in the road way straights put my stomach in my throat
>For the several minutes I'm on that road, I am truly happy

I feel that feel fellow Calibro

>driving is the only time i feel absolutely relaxed and in my zone

the relationship between a driver and his car is something 99% of people just don't get and probably never will. For me, my car has been that shoulder to cry on i never had.

>be me, several months ago
>go camping with friend, we go home and it's nearing midnight
>The only thing keeping me awake is Eurobeat
>drop friend off and floor it home, that sensation of speed makes me go from almost passing out to absolutely focussed
>feel like I'm in control and can do what I want, go where I want to.

Feels good, man

>the relationship between a driver and his car is something 99% of people just don't get and probably never will. For me, my car has been that shoulder to cry on i never had.
This so much
Come cry with me bro

Dumb weeb
Kill urself if you are serious

'no'

damp

drive to and from work is the only thing I enjoy in life anymore

>get off work
> pent up from troubleshooting IT all day
>from office to highway on ramp is perfect amount of time to warm car up
>redline it accelerating trhough gears to highway speed

Never fails to leave the troubles behind

>tfw you can relate to all of this and u realize you are not the only sperg who likes to drive alone without music isolated from society

>Get new 2016 car
>First solo drive
>Gentle music playing
>Cruise at Sun set
>The new car smell filling the air
>Have manly tear as I take off from a red.

Owning a new car is one of the most epic experiences of my life.

What car senpai?

Fuck man, Summer is over. Cruising down tree covered roads with all four windows down. Getting closer to the beach, the salt air and the night really fills the cabin. You get there, and it's quiet and still. None of the distractions of the daytime, not work or family or traffic or anything. All there is, is you and your car on this ribbon of asphalt next to the endless sea.

>tfw summer won't be around for like 9 more months

>be me
>join army
>sell car
>year since I've had my own car
>having everyone driving me around
>waiting on bonus to buy a car
>really just want to go for a night drive with some music

What car you getting senpai?

>Only drive to uni from home, and to home from uni. twice a week on my parent's Audi A3
>After two years of getting my license and barely touch a car, I recently started to really like driving, specially at dusk while blasting music
BUT
>That irrational fear of losing my keys, forgetting to lock the doors, getting hit by some shithead, getting my tyres burst (again), etc...
>That fear I get when I think about going to other places I'm not familiar with

Is there still hope for me?

Yes. Embrace it. Embrace the fear of the unknown as adventure.

I try to do it, but I worry too much about the dangers and things that could go wrong.

dat feel when u know u cant drive ur big turbo evo x for another few months

How do you even decide when to get a new car? Next year's model could look better...and maybe Honda will stop using god dam halogen

I hate having to buy a new car..

You will never know how to deal with those situations until you deal with them blindly.

>-25c
>3 AM
>mid-January, road is just a perfect white
>50 mile road where I never really meet anyone
>warm air coming from all the vents
>some acoustic music from favorite artists
>a sense of calm and just being, with nothing else currently mattering as I'm now simply driving and that is my task

The vid I'm linking now isn't what I'm talking about, but the dark road that comes a bit over halfway into the video is the one

youtube.com/watch?v=-ypQHUCsYXU

Every time I take my challenger out and roll the power on I feel like I control the god of thunder. It's a good feel even if it is relatively fleeting. At least real life isn't that bad.

Planning on getting a Z32. If the one I'm looking at stays up it's $2500
If the Z32 gets sold, I'm buying a 260z

But 3hrs after my original post I bought a Golf MK3 Sport for $600. It's absolute trash.

W-why?

Cause I really need a car. For work and for my sanity.
It was the only thing in my price range that was actually "running"

Does start to overheat after about 20min of driving. Need to replace water pump.

Oh, still buying one of the Z's when my bonus comes in.

Get a cheap Honda to hold you over senpai

All the hondas in my price range were either shells or disintegrating non ops.

One of my driving nirvanas was on I-81 in Virginia late at night, hitting 104 in my Land Cruiser. I-81 is one heck of a road.

Get either a 240 or a 280. Dont stay in the middle.

240 are better looking, 280 are fuel injected. If you have money to spare get a good quality 240 and stick a 280 or a good injector in it, maybe make it a 3.4 inline 6 DOHC turbocharged Devil Z machine

>tfw the best feeling was cruising in my shitbox with my girlfriend down to the beach at night over the summer
>tfw school started back up and now we're 500 miles apart and my car is now just a commuter to get to school and work

Man I miss those summer nights.

260 I'm looking at is the only one in my price range.
It has a 280 engine in it.

Whenever I wake up in a bad mood, I absolutely thrash my ride all the way to work; everytime I try to better my lines trying to stay within road marking and stay as legal as possible. My 30 min trip turns into a 10-15min trip and I get to work feeling better than anything. Better than any antidepressants.

Does anyone else ever get the irresistible urge go out and push their car really hard, get your adrenaline pumping, then once you've cooled off feel like it's just not enough and you want to drive harder, faster? Is my car just too slow?

the only time I don't feel like I want more afterwards is when I pushed it too far and almost an hero. Then I mostly feel guilt.

>that feeling when your turn signals go out but you drive a BMW so it doesn't matter
I know blinker fluid is cheap but I hate going to autozone since there's always a huge line

The best fucking feel is making the drive to vegas from socal on the 15 at night

You guys have no idea

It's a pretty boring drive desu

Yeah but when you're like past the stateline mall and you can see the strip and you're like near blue diamond
and you can see the strip getting closer and closer

its a huge sense of relief

Yeah that part is cool then you know you're almost there.

Signal gets spotty between Primm and Vegas though

same, I almost dieded like 10 times already

How do i know if i am driving my manual like shit/shitting on my car? I got a mazda 3 and i can rev match pretty good but every now and then might fuck up a rev match and give it like 300~ more or less revs than it needs. My up shifting is buttery smooth but that is pretty easy. The only time it is not butter is from 1st to second sometimes coming off the line of a light. That is usually due to me thinking i need to get up to speed fast so i don't get honked at etc.

bumping ain

>r3
shame you didn't crash

get a bike

>250km drive
>125km into the drive, it was becoming night
>thousands of km's of desert beside the coast
>a starry night that isn't light polluted
>windows down, the radio softly playing
>dim green lights, cruising at 95km/h
>if i died, nobody would find me for days, maybe weeks along this road
>ultimate peace, at the dead of night
>a smooth drone from the exhaust of my I6
>i drive on into the night for the next few hours
>arrive home full of energy at 1:00am the next day

All of my cars will kill you if you try to push them like that. Most because they have no driver aids, one because it has too much power.

>get mad when people change lanes without using their turning signals
Is the only feel I have

>tfw own an FD and live in the middle of nowhere in the foothills of Appalachia

You have no idea how many amazing roads are nearby.

Recently picked up Assetto Corsa and modded in a fuckton of the roads from Initial D. Now I can go all out and not for while still saving fuel.

One thing that sucks about this place is no guardrails. If I go off I'm probably getting wrapped around a tree. Now that I'm getting older I'm not as fun as I used to be.

Not die, even. Mobile posting in bed, I'll stop now, I need to go the fuck back to sleep anyway.

>the feeling of absolute freedom when you got your license
>the feeling that you could just pack your shit and disappear into the sunset in your shitbox any time you want

>Be Veeky Forumstist
>Shitposting finally breaks you
>Go outside and try to push car out of drive
>Scream about gm shills, auto vs manual, and how much you hate KitKat
>Cool off, hop in car to go for a ride
>Tfw neighbors watched it all

What the fuck is wrong with you user

>in the morning, I have to go back to being an average joe

I know that feeling all too well. Getting in my car is always the highlight of my day.

>Be me a few years ago
>Just finished high school
>Live in Seattle, going to college in Philly
>Decide to drive across the US alone
>Go for night time drives across wide open plains and deserts while looping the "Drive" soundtrack and smoking as I drive
>Will always remember those times

>endless labyrinth of mountain roads
>aimlessly roaming for hours on end in a beat up old pickup
>exploring century old ghost towns, mines, caves, and abandoned trapper cabins
>marmots, foxes, squirrels, and deer strolling among the trees in all directions

Absolute paradise.

>TFW I don't have twisty roads, only boring flat straighaways here in Illinois

No places to offroad nearby either.
Too pussy to trespass.

>cruising the highway across southern BC for no reason other than the drive
>watching the landscape abruptly transition from lush forest to okanogan desert and back as you enter the kootenays
>endless loop of classic rock, blues, and country on the stereo
>stopping at gas stations in the middle of nowhere to shoot the shit with other classic car cruisers, random strangers, and lonely cashiers

I'm 19, still feeling it.
On my second car, and saving for a bike.
It's hard to save with college to pay for though.

That feel when you're a fucking mongoloid who can't fucking spell.
It's a horrible feel, must suck to be you

Kek

>Driving On PCH near traffic circle at 3AM
>blaring down the road at 100MPH in heavy rain praying not to Hydroplane in my yellow shitbox.
>Attack like music playing in my mind, but wave 94.7FM playing through the radio
felt berry good

>be me
>be Driving to my parents place in Fairmont BC
>The road to get there from Alberta to BC is called the 93
>Around 9:00 pm
>Eurobeat playing
>Taking these turns as hard as i can because there is no one around me
>Each Turn is a challenge, to see ho fast i can go
>Mazda 3's Engine Screaming, So many Revs
>There is no end for this road
>100kms of turny roads and nothing around me
>Its just me, the road, and my mazda
>Pure Driving Heaven

I driving calms me down, and driving frees my mind

There is alot of hope, just over come the fear and just do it

>Dat morning/afternoon drive where no one is in front of me or following me
>Feel like I own the road and I can go fast or slow on my own pace

Best feel

Keep trying and you'll start to get it perfectly right at some point.
Dont be afraid to fuck up, fuck ups are meant to be learned from.
Never floor it in 1st if you want to shift perfectly into 2nd gear, it wont go buttery smooth
Also, dont mind the fuckers honking their horns bruh they can go suck a dick

comfy.

What cam m8?

Also, what did you do at 1:35?

You could of gotten an almost problem free Volvo 240 m8!

Yes! Shenandoah Valley is amazing did a day trip from Baltimore to Blacksburg and back early this summer.

You're gonna have to learn to accept and deal with problems. I'm not just talking about when stuff goes wrong with cars or your drive, I'm talking about everything.

Literally, I used to have crazy irrational fears and paranoia just like you. Being so little and naive to the world is what it was.
You got to learn to not let problems affect you, and to learn that you're gonna have to figure it out.

The only way to do this is to accept risk, and just go do shit.
Just fucking do it, not worrying about "what might happen" because something happening and you figuring it out (and learning because of it) is way better than never doing anything at all, which you get no experience out of.

>Shitty dad rock
You blew it

It was called a Tsumara T6, but I see a lot of cameras with basically identical looks sold under different names, so I figured its just your average chinkshit copy

Ok quality for what I paid.

And what I did; cleaned salt & muck from my extra headlights.They looked something like this

You were driving. There's nothing romantic about it. You've always been average no matter how distracted.

FUCKING DELETE YOUR POST RIGHT NOW OR ILL KICK YOUR TEETH DOWN YOURE THROAT AND DELETE IT FOR YOU

>Want to finish uni so I can get a job and save money so I can fully own a car (I use one my parents' ones).
>Remember every tax and regulation shit I have to pay for only owning a car
>Tax to get a license plate,
>21% of sales tax (4%-8% if second hand)
>Yearly tax just for owning a working car >Mandatory insurance (300€ every year at the very least and that is if it's a total shitbox)
>Hourly parking fee for parking at the city center
>In days with heavy air pollution, there's a bullshit policy of only allowing even numbered plates into the city (and odd numbered on the next day)

I just can't bear all that...

Thanks senpai, i will keep going. I don't floor in first, i never do that shit scares me. Can go to redline in like 2 seconds probably on my shitbox. I'm smooth coming off in first, it is usually going into second where i try to get in as quick as possible so i can accelerate and not piss people off. Honestly most of the problems/fears i have revolve around people getting pissed off honking etc.

Fuck other drivers

t. Justin Bieber

>If you hate shitty over-rated rock music that amounts to nothing more than violent noise you are automatically a child who enjoys meaningless platitudes directed at the hearts of pre-teen girls and by extension those girl's parent's deep pockets
Consider suicide.

What's it like being a balding old man with low test?

I ask my car first and if she's up to it I'll race her home otherwise I take it slow and steady. Sometimes she's up for it other times not.

Hey Baltimore bro!

>Owned my WRX for about a month now
>Still get a huge grin every time I floor it in 2nd and 3rd
>Pushed back in seat just enough to be convincing
>Just fast enough to be fun
>Not fast enough to be disappointed when the speed limit comes up too fast
>Grips like an emo girl with daddy issues

I hope I don't want for more power any time soon - seems like everyone upgrades theirs. I like the stock power a lot though.

t. Justin Timberlake

>almost every time I go driving for the sake of driving I almost cause an accident
>tfw shitty driver who shouldnt be behind the wheel

damn man, improve yourself cunt! be a man not a faggot, if you destroy any car guys beloved car you should kill yourself

How though?
Is it just the same thing over and over you're fucking up or are you just too distracted?

I feel that driving feel

>driving along a country road at night
>get to a long straight
>turn off headlights, keep driving in total darkness
>eventually pussy out and turn them back on
>stop, cry

dont even know what im feeling these days