Are highway pulls the least skilled type of racing?

Are highway pulls the least skilled type of racing?

They're not racing.

A bunch of douchebag vapekiddies doing rolls on the highway in their parents Mustangs barely qualifies as "racing".

What's lame is I do highways pulls and get all excited for the first corner and then after I look in the mirror and all I see is a dot.

Pretty much. Its even less skilled than stoplight racing.

I guess it depends on how crowded the highway is. If it's near empty then no, it's just drag racing with more controllable cars
If it's crowded as fuck though, it can get a bit more challenging, but you'd be stupid to race someone at that point

Its least risky and lets you flex your sick 60-130 times that you have been throwing money at

Yes. At least with drag racing you have to learn how to launch your car without spinning the tires for the first 100' if you want to win.

OK Little Billy, time for bed - you've spent enough time lying on the internet for one night - you've got school tomorrow!

>nobody ever wants to race you after you swapped out your huge wing spoiler for a low, modest one

I probably just look like the million other Saturn ions

Put a loud blowoff valve on it, any time I blow off when passing whether it's on purpose or not someone seems to want to race me.

what's the most skilled tier racing you can do with street legal car?
'
Is it togue in winter with snow and ice?

That depends on whether you want to destroy your car or not.

Actually being competitive in autocross requires a good deal of skill, and you'll never risk destroying your car.

Actually being competitive in rallycross requires more skill, but it will destroy your car.

There are not many types of racing where you can be competitive with a street legal car.

>pushing the gas pedal down
>racing
pick one.

Rainy touge

Wangan in the rain can be sketch af with those standing puddles of water

Street racing is fucking moronic, and the best and potentially most skilled racing off public roads is rallying. Most amateur rally cars are perfectly streetworthy as soon as you change the wheels.

Only if you're using an automatic.

What takes no skill is playing dagumi in your moms Sentra you bunch of poor slow faggots

Point to point Rally is likely the most skilled. much less course info available.

Yes, but it's also 100% pointless if there isn't some kind of set goal. Either whoever hits a certain speed first or passes a designated finish line. People who don't do either aren't racing so much as fucking around.

the winner is whoever pulls away retard or whoevers car clearly has stronger accel.

leave it to Veeky Forums to fuck up the simplest form of racing

close but benchracing has it beat

You have to be literate to benchrace.

what a retarded gypsy you are

you need to be even more literate to get a driver's license

>implying getting a license in the U.S. is hard
You got one and you're retarded.

still more difficult than benchracing

>modern BMW design.png

Not really a "race". It is still a competition though, to see who's car is faster.

They are fun on empty highways with a friend, but dangerous otherwise.

Im sure there is a bunch of people just too mature for that here. They are too busy shitposting corvette vs gtr threads for that kind of "fun"

There's always the "Rev Off". Kek.

Even with a manual, it's still doesn't require any skill. You can literally get away with just powershifting and not have to worry about the clutch at all.

I went into the DMV to get a regular ID because I had never driven a car but because I was over 18 they gave me a drivers license. The only test I took was the eye test which I failed because I don't need my glasses for walking around. She just said to make sure I wear my glasses when driving.

It takes more skill in some races than others. Try brake-boosting in a manual turbo car while being the one who honks; it's fucking hard and how you brake-boost can totally change who wins.

But y'all wouldn't know as you've never done a lot of highway rolls.